New Content After Sortie / Master Levels?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Content After Sortie / Master Levels?
New Content After Sortie / Master Levels?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-06 22:26:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Essylt said: »
Also, I don't get the hateboner for Sortie that some people seem to have. Besides the cooldown and some objectives being complete random ***, it seems pretty well designed, allowing setups and jobs that have been underused recently to shine again.

They *** because they don't want to use underused jobs or do interesting stuff. They want to take the same job to everything and spam the same ws on everything, and they don't want to put in any effort to do objectives or make skillchains or wait half a second to burst or even heal if they could avoid it.

Also, you're right about the alli content, the next thing will be alliance content and they'll all literally start bitching that no one has 18 members anymore and they can't beat it fast enough. or can't win at all because of geo nerfs and repeated ws nerfs or requiring spells or whatever thing they can't be bothered to do more than spam savage blade on.
[+]
By Rips 2022-11-06 22:36:34
Link | Citer | R

Moderndayz said: »
Rips said: »
Vaerix said: »
Jupitor Orb for 15 silver vouchers. Exclusive gear can drop from this orb only, including K Club.

Because why not at this point.

Was thinking mercury orb instead of jupiter for 12, jupiter for 20 basically be the next tiers of Mars/Venus whatever the difference is between the two.

I like the idea of eliminating trash from the LT pools for a higher(double) cost, hexed+cards+shards+voids+crafting+VW+Pop items going away would be worth all of the vouchers.

I don't know. 20 vouchers for a mimic on the first chest would feel like a real kick in the nuts.

What's the difference from that already happening now on 2 Venus orbs in a row?

I was being facetious when mentioning an exclusive "deluxe" orb that dropped a Kraken Club when you use only that orb. Projecting my greed, really.

In all seriousness, I think we'll get another storyline similar to TVR as I mentioned previously. Newer HTBF are also within a realistic realm of possibility as well. Maybe something like an August fight or Balamor in the Sinister Reign battlefield.

I can see Balamor offering mage specific gear blowing the roof off with power for mages, similar to Malignance for offensive DPS. Gear that would make BLU's and BLM's get some of the respect that they deserve.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-06 23:39:02
Link | Citer | R

Jupitor Orb for 15 silver vouchers. Exclusive gear can drop from this orb only, including K Club.

Was thinking mercury orb instead of jupiter for 12, jupiter for 20 basically be the next tiers of Mars/Venus whatever the difference is between the two.

I like the idea of eliminating trash from the LT pools for a higher(double) cost, hexed+cards+shards+voids+crafting+VW+Pop items going away would be worth all of the vouchers.

You know if they did this it would be 9 mimics and 1 extremely rare guaranteed item. But I kinda like the idea. High risk high reward. They should do it just because why the hell not. More crap drops from trove than actual content
By Vaerix 2022-11-06 23:57:04
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

You know if they did this it would be 9 mimics and 1 extremely rare guaranteed item. But I kinda like the idea. High risk high reward. They should do it just because why the hell not. More crap drops from trove than actual content

I would be totally fine with 9 mimics 1 actual chest, after you open it the exit chest appears and it only has 1 drop "Kupon: AMAN" which can be turned in for any Aman drop by choice. All Sroda/AMAN Rare drops get rare/ex versions so you literally can select anything but it can't be sold. 10% chance to get any drop, that's worth it IMHO
By Afania 2022-11-07 01:21:44
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
You largely end up with the same issues we have now with 6 man content. There is a tiny amount of LS across all servers that would be able to pull 18 people on the regular for an event, meaning applications/membership would probably shoot up as people flock to these LS for content. Then you end up with times where 24+ people show up for an 18 man event and people are excluded. a regular basis will be an organisers nightmare.

The reason why there aren't enough big LS these days is because 18 man content doesn't exist. If they exist then this kind of LS will start to pop as LS recruit more people for it. So it's not really an issue tbh.

Case to the point, when aeonic needed around 12-15+ people back in 2015 many endgame LS were mid-size LS. Once SMN burn is discovered the required manpower reduced to 6. Then the endgame community divided into many small groups SMN burning them. Then dyna wave 3 was introduced which requires an alliance again, and many endgame LS teamed up and recruit more people for such content at that time.

Of course now most LS is smaller because dyna wave 3 no longer require 6 people.

18 man content has it's perks from social pov. It gives big LS a reason to exist. There is one LS that I know of had a lot of people when dyna wave 3 was the main content, but now it's superrrrr small because everything is 6 man. So the better player in the LS forms their own clique and everyone else who can't get into the clique left. If the content requires 18 man, this wouldn't happen.

The problem about setup flexibility can easily be solved if this 18man content doesn't require 18 man to beat.. If this 18 man content can be beaten by 12, and you have 24 people in the LS, you can simply create 2 groups of 12 and enter.

And when you have 16 people instead of 6 or 12 or 18, you can still put all 16 people together in the same group but no one is left out. Unlike 6 man content in this case will leave 4 people out of the group.

Some people may complain about leeching if 18 man content doesn't require 18 to beat. However since we already have hard content like Ody v25 I think having another leech-able easy content for the sake of putting the community together isn't a bad thing.
 Asura.Houndsoflove
Serveur: Asura
user: Ephexis
By Asura.Houndsoflove 2022-11-07 01:28:55
Link | Citer | R

It's one of the things I've kept together with my LS in all honesty. I think we probably have around 15-20 active people now, so we're set well for any new alliance content, but we haven't really splintered into cliques, instead opting to rotate around groups to fill gaps and benefit all. Not perfect, and there have been people who wanted everything without being willing to rotate/help, but I'd like to think that should alliance content come back into fashion we'll at least be a step ahead.