October 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-12 07:53:39
Link | Citer | R

If you did Sandworm and Ixion that's WotG time, pretty late, no?
I mean if we wanna talk about getting Relics "the hard way" my mind goes to the pre-ToAU period of time, or early ToAU latest.

If we're talking about late ToAU and especially WotG I dunno, it's a different thing already in my book.
Granted I get what you mean, compared to nowadays' standard that too was quite an intense amount of grind.

But comparisons between "then" and "now" aren't particularly meaningful imho.
The game was so different, the standards in the VG world outside of FFXI were different, us were different.
So many differences, it's hard to make straight comparisons imho.
What was completely acceptable back then, wouldn't necessarily be acceptable or work nowadays, and vice-versa.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-10-12 10:48:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
If you did Sandworm and Ixion that's WotG time, pretty late, no?
Are you asking if sandworm and Ixion where late in WoTG release of content? Cause No
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-10-12 11:03:23
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure he's saying that if you funded your relic doing DI and ixion, it was at the (relative) end of 75-era, and thus, not 'hard-mode'. Later in the era, gear and job buffs made dynamis massively easier, so currency was far more obtainable. For that matter, I don't see how exploiting other people to farm part of your relic and buying the rest is somehow harder than having to buy all of it.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-12 11:07:36
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone else noticed that rainbow chests can be regular thuds on Venus orbs now? At least seemingly more frequently
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-10-12 11:11:54
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Has anyone else noticed that rainbow chests can be regular thuds on Venus orbs now? At least seemingly more frequently
As in, rainbow chest pops but gives a regular thud message? Never seen that, I thought it was always gold if it was going to be a regular thud.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-12 11:12:37
Link | Citer | R

Never seen that before. If it was going to be a this, it always spawned gold previously.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-12 11:14:10
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. I opened rainbow on my venus this morning and it resulted in a regular thud. Also a report of someone else getting 0 loud thuds from their venus but idk what color their final chest was. I wish I had evidence but it isn't something I thought to record since it has always worked the same way.

Worth mentioning in the dozens of orbs I've done since they changed aman, I've never see a 0 loud thud full clear venus period

Wondering if SE did a *** wucky

Edit: other guy's was gold. Maybe I'm just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-10-12 11:22:58
Link | Citer | R

Doing relics the old school hard way aka use a linkshell to get it = In high school I was cool and fit. I was also on the football team.
By RadialArcana 2022-10-12 11:53:21
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Pretty sure he's saying that if you funded your relic doing DI and ixion, it was at the (relative) end of 75-era, and thus, not 'hard-mode'. Later in the era, gear and job buffs made dynamis massively easier, so currency was far more obtainable. For that matter, I don't see how exploiting other people to farm part of your relic and buying the rest is somehow harder than having to buy all of it.

The original point was about the difference in expectations of reward, it was about the work and reward then vs the work and reward expectations now.

Also by difficult it means compared to how they are to get today, not year 2 vs year 6 or whatever.
By Rips 2022-10-12 12:16:06
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Yeah. I opened rainbow on my venus this morning and it resulted in a regular thud. Also a report of someone else getting 0 loud thuds from their venus but idk what color their final chest was. I wish I had evidence but it isn't something I thought to record since it has always worked the same way.

Worth mentioning in the dozens of orbs I've done since they changed aman, I've never see a 0 loud thud full clear venus period

Wondering if SE did a *** wucky

Edit: other guy's was gold. Maybe I'm just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

I’ve seen a rise of the chests being gold instead of rainbow which is always a bummer, but I’ve been chalking it up to crappy RNG.
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2022-10-12 13:03:38
Link | Citer | R

The last time I did Trove (over a month ago), I did notice that I was getting a mix of gold and rainbow boxes from Venus Orbs where previously I had gotten gold/rainbow from Mars and rainbow-only from Venus.
By Homsar 2022-10-12 13:31:50
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of Trove, has anyone done one lately where a Gold/Rainbow chest was visible from the get-go?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-12 13:33:22
Link | Citer | R

It's always been a possibility since the last set of Trove changes, albeit extremely rare. Some other people in the Trove thread reported it. It's a freebie.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2022-10-12 13:47:03
Link | Citer | R

Homsar said: »
Speaking of Trove, has anyone done one lately where a Gold/Rainbow chest was visible from the get-go?

I've had this happen more than once...definitely possible.
By Seun 2022-10-12 15:38:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lunafreya said: »

This can actually happen more than once in the same run. Several people now have seen multiple rainbows on entry.
By Thunderjet 2022-10-12 16:04:20
Link | Citer | R

i have corona for the first time but it not the drink :(
By Homsar 2022-10-12 16:06:42
Link | Citer | R

I've seen it happen, just not recently. Wondering if someone had it happen recently.
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
user: Hibiu
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2022-10-12 16:41:55
Link | Citer | R

I've seen it happen, just not recently. Wondering if someone had it happen recently.

Had one happen last month, rewarded me with vagary stones and a BST job card \o/
By Seun 2022-10-12 17:14:59
Link | Citer | R

I had a rainbow when I entered last month. I opened a few chests and got a belligerent bang message. I popped the chest that was already rainbow and the message went away so I did too.

I also had an orb where I got belligerent bang messages, but couldn't find the box before I got to the 9th box so I missed out. I was hoping that it would force the middle chest to reward a loud thud, but sadly no.

Both venus orbs.
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-10-12 19:06:24
Link | Citer | R

Yes, yesterday. It was a crep cloak.
I was happy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-10-13 11:28:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Humpo said: »
I was happy.

I'm so happy for you.........

[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-10-13 21:10:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I was happy.

I'm so happy for you.........

Pretty much everyone's reaction!
[+]
By Serjero 2022-10-13 23:44:27
Link | Citer | R

I was happy.

The same thing happened to me but instead of crep cloak it was the crep knife.
 Siren.Vanian
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2022-10-14 02:04:29
Link | Citer | R

I also got my first rainbow chest on entry, got a Tartarus platemail for mule that none can wear
By Aquatiq 2022-10-14 02:11:10
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Vanian said: »
I also got my first rainbow chest on entry

just got one too, malig. glvoes, rainbow comin' thru
[+]
 Asura.Capgames
By Asura.Capgames 2022-10-14 04:54:26
Link | Citer | R

AltanaView lists updated