Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-11 08:16:27
Link | Citer | R

It would break tradition, but I expected augments on the relic because of how poorly dyna was received too

It's unlikely they will rerereforge so the next thing would probably be augments. But that's 2 years out.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-10-11 08:17:30
Link | Citer | R

They aren't going to add any new items that make the top tier content (e.g. Gaol) significantly easier, Prime weapons included. I know everyone is excited to see BRD getting a new instrument, but my expectations are low that it's going to be anything incredibly meaningful. They seem content to largely maintain status quo with the difficulty of the more challenging endgame content and aren't going to change that significantly.

They also said several months ago that the Empy+3 gear was going to be really good and the playerbase would be excited about it, the same verbiage they used for Prime weapons. I think that, once again, shows a disconnect between what the NA player base is expecting and what they seem to think the game needs or players want. I expect that to carry over into Prime weapons as well.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-10-11 08:38:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Aerix said: »
Not expecting much from Prime weapons at this point. Probably just pure damage weapons again.
Given that they used the Relic approach (most prime weapons will have multiple jobs on them) instead of the mythic job-specific one, it's quite clear we won't be getting anything more than that.

Which is still better than nothing, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't count on Prime Weapons to save the day.

I go both ways on that idea. I expect the Knife and the Greatsword to both be generically good or bad depending on what they do. Greatsword is RUNs only weapon so you'd hope that it's focused on them. If it's a tanking weapon then it needs to not be fully eclipsed by Epeo but also doesn't make WAR and DRK capable of replacing RUN and PLD in most content as actual tanks.

Hopefully the Knife is good in your offhand because look at all the good main hands for THF, DNC, and BRD. Plus the lower delay.
Offhand would also be ideal for RDM, which I assume was an afterthought. I have a hard time conceptualizing what they would do with dagger other than damage or damage mitigation with the range of jobs on the weapon.

Almost every DD has their own job specific weapon, even little old BST with their 1h Axe. They could do a lot of job specific things for a lot of different jobs. So that's the plus.

Sword and Staff make me leery because each have 3 jobs that want very different things some of the time, but could find common ground. Sword doesn't have to be amazing for PLD because they get a Shield and a Greatsword to play with. Same kind of thought for RDM with the Knife, so hopefully BLU gets something cool that isn't wasted completely on the other 2 jobs *cough good fusion WS that can be used from it's offhand(absolutely not happening)*. BLM and SCH are easier enough to lump together but SMN is just so much more specific and I think everyone on Staff is looking for a win. At least SMN already has Nirvana if things don't go their way, but that feels like a junk consolation prize.

Feeling hopeful about the possibilities but lukewarm at the probable execution.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-10-11 08:39:03
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Thf and nin would like to shank you in a dark alley for that statement.

THF? THF got a great pieces.
Body is amazing for Dagger WSs and for TP with Conspirator.
Legs+Head are bis for TP with Twashtar. Even more if you also decide to add +3 Feet for TH.
Feet are now only things you need for TH8 and together with Legs+Head, they are lower DPS drop too.

Legs for TP? I don't see how Crit Rate and DT with the meager set bonus would beat out TA/Crit Dmg from the AF legs, even for white damage setups. Unless it's supposed to be a hybrid white damage set.

DPS almost the same with AF+3 legs, but you are losing fun of set bonus proc and you are going back to total glassy build that you cant really use anywhere. 13%DT,29eva,26meva is quite a lot of difference on single piece. Also 38attack and 11acc less on AF+3, which might be important when you need attack to cap or accuracy with Cento offhand.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-11 08:40:29
Link | Citer | R

Expect it to be generic high base damage weapons and absolutely nothing else.

You're either right or thrilled to be wrong.

(Or they "subvert expectations" and make them all magic weapons and piss almost everyone off)
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2022-10-11 08:44:12
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Players may have used SAM, but it was objectively much weaker defensively than the other top tier DPS, while not being meaningfully stronger offensively. It was in a decent place, but that was due to player preference not innate qualities of the job. Obviously they saw that it had a weakness and addressed it, every other dedicated DPS job already had a hybrid option.

SAM likely benefited more from them not being selective with bonuses. All Empyrean +2/3 is relatively high defense, MEVA, etc as one would expect at this point. Every job got three pieces with DT on them. Nearly every DPS job then got a PDL and a WSD piece, hybrid (NIN, BLU, RDM) MBB and WSD, etc.
Between that and the, again, pretty universal distribution of things like ACC/MACC/etc it's more notable that jobs didn't get special treatment here.

At best there's some mild attention paid to which pieces got which bonuses.

That must totally be the reason why PUP and NIN got such awesome sets then.
Or RDM, because RDM was clearly a bad job in a very bad position which is exactely why the reforged empy is so good.
Right? XD

A lot of that is just a matter of what the original sets offered. RDM set was already great for certain things, and updated MACC/etc makes it even better at some. The across-the-board addition of MACC/MAB/Magic Damage to pieces extends the use, but, BLM/SCH/GEO got the same benefits.

Bigger issue with things like the NIN set is probably that folks may not be playing the job as envisioned by SE when they made the Empyrean set to start with. If we were swapping in Innin/Yonin bonus items, then those are vastly improved similar to how the SAM set is. The MBB is on there with the other nuking bonuses too. Same type of critiques that the BLU set would get or something.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-10-11 08:44:16
Link | Citer | R

Thf and nin would like to shank you in a dark alley for that statement.

THF? THF got a great pieces.
Body is amazing for Dagger WSs and for TP with Conspirator.
Legs+Head are bis for TP with Twashtar. Even more if you also decide to add +3 Feet for TH.
Feet are now only things you need for TH8 and together with Legs+Head, they are lower DPS drop too.

Thf got a good head and a ws body. Hands are ***.
Legs are also ***because gleti’s exists while being BETTER due to the pdl.
TH has a cap. Sure you get a little more dt, but in the end you get a grand total of exactly the same amount of TH that you had before when you tag mobs and some more mab on aeolian edge after you swap things around. You already had high def, -dt, and meva due to Nyame before, so this is not the grand improvement you think it is to be able to wear bomblet while soloing detritus.

Or did you mean you want thf to be full timing TH gear instead of also being a DD, aka the thought process that completely screwed over thf doing something other than tagging and afking in this game for over a decade? I’m sure that below 1# extra chance on triple attack bonus damage will really pump damage up.

Contrast this with literally any mage job, run, Sam, and even the jobs that got middling upgrades. Even bard’s bundle of disappointment makes for some hybrid sets when meleeing alonbg with increased magic acc which makes for more utility than many melee jobs like thf got. You are out of your damn mind if you want to try and pretend that thf didn’t get shafted in the empy department.
By kinkanat 2022-10-11 08:48:52
Link | Citer | R

The feeling I get is that some people here expected these Empy sets to be the best team in the game.... do you really play FFXI?

This is not FFXIV or WoW where one set is the best over all the others, here the 5 pieces of the empy will have their use for different sets like Fast Cast, DT, Hydrid, mele, SIRD....

There are jobs that have more impressive pieces than others, but to expect jobs like BRD to have even better benefits when it can apply buffs of more than 10 minutes and gives you a very good damage.... is unrealistic.

That's my opinion at least.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-10-11 09:08:53
Link | Citer | R

DPS almost the same with AF+3 legs, but you are losing fun of set bonus proc and you are going back to total glassy build that you cant really use anywhere. 13%DT,29eva,26meva is quite a lot of difference on single piece. Also 38attack and 11acc less on AF+3, which might be important when you need attack to cap or accuracy with Cento offhand.

Ah, with a Cento I guess it makes sense since you're still mainly focused on big WS damage rather than pure white damage. And THF doesn't have that many good TP options with DT.

Pure white damage is definitely mainly restricted to exemplar farming and maybe Dyna with strong buffs if your healer won't hate you for it, but I wouldn't use a Cento for that. Stuff melts to auto-attacks alone.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2022-10-11 09:10:34
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Not expecting much from Prime weapons at this point. Probably just pure damage weapons again.
Given that they used the Relic approach (most prime weapons will have multiple jobs on them) instead of the mythic job-specific one, it's quite clear we won't be getting anything more than that.

Which is still better than nothing, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't count on Prime Weapons to save the day.

I go both ways on that idea. I expect the Knife and the Greatsword to both be generically good or bad depending on what they do. Greatsword is RUNs only weapon so you'd hope that it's focused on them. If it's a tanking weapon then it needs to not be fully eclipsed by Epeo but also doesn't make WAR and DRK capable of replacing RUN and PLD in most content as actual tanks.

Hopefully the Knife is good in your offhand because look at all the good main hands for THF, DNC, and BRD. Plus the lower delay.
Offhand would also be ideal for RDM, which I assume was an afterthought. I have a hard time conceptualizing what they would do with dagger other than damage or damage mitigation with the range of jobs on the weapon.

Almost every DD has their own job specific weapon, even little old BST with their 1h Axe. They could do a lot of job specific things for a lot of different jobs. So that's the plus.

Sword and Staff make me leery because each have 3 jobs that want very different things some of the time, but could find common ground. Sword doesn't have to be amazing for PLD because they get a Shield and a Greatsword to play with. Same kind of thought for RDM with the Knife, so hopefully BLU gets something cool that isn't wasted completely on the other 2 jobs *cough good fusion WS that can be used from it's offhand(absolutely not happening)*. BLM and SCH are easier enough to lump together but SMN is just so much more specific and I think everyone on Staff is looking for a win. At least SMN already has Nirvana if things don't go their way, but that feels like a junk consolation prize.

Feeling hopeful about the possibilities but lukewarm at the probable execution.

This is expecting way too much but I hope they do something like, on the great sword for example:

Dmg xxx, delay xxx
RUN: unique RUN effect
DRK: Souleater + whatever
PLD: unique PLD effect

Etc…you get the idea. Not even sure something like that is possible code-wise but it would be nice to have consolidated weapons that have special enhancements depending on the job you’re on.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-10-11 09:12:42
Link | Citer | R

Gleti's are indeed slightly better but require much more attack to cap (4.1875 to cap instead of 3.9195), has much lower (~26 less) accuracy to support Cento offhand. Also 13less meva, 23less eva, 8%PDT instead of 13%DT. Also 1% less haste, which result in 25% haste (which might not be true 25% haste) if you are using Chiner's belt +1 with Suppa, instead of Reiki with Odr or Sherida (based on sheet first option has higher white damage and marginally higher overall dps with Gleti's offhand. Slightly lower dps with Cento offhand).

For me all those makes +3 empy legs better. Even at capped attack, when Gleti's is 1.8% white damage ahead I would prefer FUN from seeing those 9x damage hits from empy proc on top of AM3 proc.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-11 09:16:13
Link | Citer | R

Anyone check the Galli price for +3 upgrades?
By Aerix 2022-10-11 09:17:08
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Anyone check the Galli price for +3 upgrades?

I saw someone say 70k + Starstone for an upgrade and Starstones cost 90k Galli each. Can't personally confirm these numbers, though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-10-11 09:19:27
Link | Citer | R

Guess it'll depend on starstone drop rate then. If it's similar to sapphires then might not be that bad. Slower than +2 but maybe the new areas allow for nearly 30k a run or something.

Surprised it doesn't require the new boss at all.
By SimonSes 2022-10-11 09:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Ah, with a Cento I guess it makes sense since you're still mainly focused on big WS damage rather than pure white damage. And THF doesn't have that many good TP options with DT.

Pure white damage is definitely mainly restricted to exemplar farming and maybe Dyna with strong buffs if your healer won't hate you for it, but I wouldn't use a Cento for that. Stuff melts to auto-attacks alone.

Nah I was talking about Twashtar/Gleti's build. What I said about Cento offhand is just a bonus for this specific build.

2% chance to triple damage on triple attack isnt anything amazing from avg dps perspective, but its still something. Considering you have like 61%TA, that's +(0.4*0.6), so +2.4% overall melee damage on avg. Like I said not game breaking, but competitive to let's say 3%PDL in this build, which is something.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-10-11 09:29:05
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Thf got a good head and a ws body. Hands are ***.

This is where you're wrong. Gleti's breeches are good for evisceration, but Skulker's Culottes +3 are stronger. Thief's empyrean legs have the same accuracy and attack as gleti's, the same critical hit rate as gleti's, 5 more -dt than gleti's, and 18 dexterity, which gleti's doesn't have any of at all. Evisceration has a 50% dexterity mod so that's going to matter. I would trust the empyrean's dex mod over gleti's PDL any day.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-10-11 09:31:15
Link | Citer | R

Nah I was talking about Twashtar/Gleti's build. What I said about Cento offhand is just a bonus for this specific build.

2% chance to triple damage on triple attack isnt anything amazing from avg dps perspective, but its still something. Considering you have like 61%TA, that's +(0.4*0.6), so +2.4% overall melee damage on avg. Like I said not game breaking, but competitive to let's say 3%PDL in this build, which is something.

Well, THF and PDL are a difficult mix anyway, since even with solid buffs you may have trouble capping out even traits and Empy head/Gleti's hands due to the job being attack-starved. Especially if using THF/DRG instead of THF/DRK for safety purposes as well (ignoring /WAR here because TA massively devalues DA).

As for the DT, it's definitely nice for Dyna, but for Locus I wouldn't care at all. I suppose seeing the set bonus proc on top of AM3 would definitely be incredibly satisfying, though.
By SimonSes 2022-10-11 09:39:47
Link | Citer | R

Well, THF and PDL are a difficult mix anyway, since even with solid buffs you may have trouble capping out even traits and Empy head/Gleti's hands due to the job being attack-starved. Especially if using THF/DRG instead of THF/DRK for safety purposes as well.

As for the DT, it's definitely nice for Dyna, but for Locus I wouldn't care at all. I suppose seeing the set bonus proc on top of AM3 would definitely be incredibly satisfying, though.

I was talking about this once. Thf has low attack, but has also relatively much easier to reach attack cap. Dagger is only 3.35 pdif cap, so even with 17% pdl I have in that set, pdif cap is still below 4.0 while some jobs has higher or much higher caps even without PDL at all. Also you got a massive attack boost now with every piece having solid STR and like 60 or more attack and Gleti's knife being a massive attack boost too in the offhand.
By Hopalong 2022-10-11 09:49:23
Link | Citer | R

They didn't have much wiggle room. I can't see the astonished disappointment since these minimal upgrades were entirely expected in relation to ody gears and general lateral upgrade state of the game. The big jumps were for the +2.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-10-11 09:55:32
Link | Citer | R

I was talking about this once. Thf has low attack, but has also relatively much easier to reach attack cap. Dagger is only 3.35 pdif cap, so even with 17% pdl I have in that set, pdif cap is still below 4.0 while some jobs has higher or much higher caps even without PDL at all. Also you got a massive attack boost now with every piece having solid STR and like 60 or more attack and Gleti's knife being a massive attack boost too in the offhand.

Gear is definitely a lot stronger now in terms of Attack, but unless you have a GEO following you around you may be still be lacking with just Chaos+Minuets. /DRK LR definitely helps a ton, though, but it gives Damage Limit+ III and it's kinda risky depending on what you're fighting.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-10-11 10:01:21
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
They didn't have much wiggle room. I can't see the astonished disappointment since these minimal upgrades were entirely expected

What's to be disappointed about? A bunch of +2's were already good enough to use. The +3's just make them that much better. There are a ton of pieces that are flat out better than oddy stuff now. I'm happy with the outcome.
By Hopalong 2022-10-11 10:03:05
Link | Citer | R

That's what I was saying.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2022-10-11 10:23:22
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I think the +2 release was, in a way, supposed to set your expectations as to what the +3s would ultimately look like. Good stuff get better, with some random pieces filling the DT and WSD roles.

I think many of us still remember how tremendous the 99->109 and 109->119 buffs were and expected that to carry over to the +3 cases, but the +2s kind of tempered that expectation for me at least.

But that might just be me being giddy over the +3 DNC head, lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2022-10-11 10:26:47
Link | Citer | R

I guess one thing to look into is whether or not they ninja buffed the Set bonuses for the +3 versions. It's unlikely but it might be good copium.
By Viciouss 2022-10-11 10:33:43
Link | Citer | R

wow Blu got WSD 12 on the headpiece, from not even existing on the +1 to 12 on the +3, that's crazy. Sam Body will probably still be first though.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-11 10:49:00
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
wow Blu got WSD 12 on the headpiece, from not even existing on the +1 to 12 on the +3, that's crazy. Sam Body will probably still be first though.

No jobs got WSD on empyrean+1, what are you talking about? The stat growth from +1 > +2 > +3 are literally the same across all sets.

Regarding +3 stats:
I shouldn't be surprised at how many people are disappointed in this set, but I am surprised you all had any expectations even left in you after seeing what +2 set was. They made it clear it was copy/paste across the board, so Empyrean +3 was just going to be a higher version of the same copy/paste. If they hadn't increased the stat from the +1 > +2, very unlikely they would do it from +2 > +3.

Anyways, it looks like they were smart enough to not go too far with some pieces and make them outright stronger than Odyssey gear. Some really cool pieces to play with now, but they were careful not to invalidate the Odyssey sets, and R30 augments or whatever will be out soon, so that still leaves some room for growth there. At least +3 Empyrean will be a much easier-to-obtain set than max-augment Odyssey sets, the former allowing you easier gear barrier entry into getting some of those clears/gear you couldn't previously. It's a win overall for the playerbase IMO.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-10-11 10:54:50
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
I guess one thing to look into is whether or not they ninja buffed the Set bonuses for the +3 versions. It's unlikely but it might be good copium.
Considering set bonuses can be flagged between lv 8x +2, 109 and all 119 versions, I highly doubt it.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7