Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 144 145 146 ... 148 149 150
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-22 08:44:57
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't bother with para or slow, especially if thunder hand (he will put them on you). I've also never used Frazzle on him, but I do put up Distract (with Stymie/Saboteur, for TP bonus offhands)

Which WS are you using? Which weapons?

We have COR and BRD doing box steps, not mentioned in your strat above.

Otherwise looks more-or-less right, pending WS choices. For us it's usually:
DRK: Cross or Origin
WAR: Fimbl or Impulse
RDM: BH
BRD: Rudra
COR: Evis
[+]
By Taint 2024-01-22 08:47:14
Link | Citer | R

F strats all depends on your DPS as a group and the higher the easier.

If Wind hands the RDM can Debuff.

If Thunder I wouldn't debuff until you are very comfortable with killing him. Ex. Our RDM forgot this and Dia IIIed Thunder hands the other night, my DRK went from taking 5-700 a hit to 1500+.

Have your DRK sub DRG to shed hate. This allows the WAR to kite after asylum. If he stays beyond 20' then Gartel just chases the WAR and won't steal your buffs. The rest of the group can just follow and kill him safely.

DRK should also SP2, I'd recommend using it with 10sec left on Asylum. As DPS increases your DRK should use SP2 earlier and earlier in the fight.

WAR uses Impulse and DRK uses Fimb in our group.

I added this to Wiki, please let me know if anything should be added or tweaked.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Talk:Gartell#Melee_Strat
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-22 09:18:19
Link | Citer | R

K123 said: »
Doing E with just SCH GEO sounds insane. What healer does COR SAM BRD use for G? All 3 melee and WS?

The BRD and Monbereaux. COR and SAM are the only ones I have engaged because I do everything manually and keeping up with 3 chars for WS is too much for me.

As for E, SCH can do that one by itself so not sure what the hangup there is.
 Shiva.Myamoto
Serveur: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-01-22 10:05:55
Link | Citer | R

Are Aminon auto attacks considered physical or magical damage? Wondering for PLD specifically if using convert physical dmg to mp pieces is worth it to help with mp management when throwing out cure bombs.
By Taint 2024-01-22 10:25:48
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Myamoto said: »
Are Aminon auto attacks considered physical or magical damage? Wondering for PLD specifically if using convert physical dmg to mp pieces is worth it to help with mp management when throwing out cure bombs.

Magic damage.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-22 10:27:52
Link | Citer | R

With Refresh III you shouldn't have MP problems. If you're still having MP problems somehow, can get ballad from BRD; I wouldn't gear for MP
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-01-22 11:16:16
Link | Citer | R

If you're taking damage on a pld on Aminon, you're doing something wrong. So I wouldn't recommend damage taken to MP gear.
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-01-22 12:06:38
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, haven't done it yet but going to incorporate it into the rotation now. Appreciate the information. Felt like a reasonable question lol.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-30 23:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Would anyone care to share their Aminon Idle sets? Utilizing Regal Gloves of course.

I play BRD and COR and want to be prepared for when my group jumps into hard mode. I've already prepared /DRK absorb TP sets, but I'm curious how much DT you guys are willing to sacrifice for TP gain. Do you simply run 0 DT, lots of Regen / MDT gear? Or do you simply stay at 50% DT, and just take the bonus TP gain even though its lessened. Both jobs have scarce access to regain items unfortunately.

For COR specifically, the only things I can think of are switching nation to Bastok for the TVR Neck, and Roller's Ring on an 11
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-30 23:41:05
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Taint said: »
Thanks Martel!
Whats your PLD set up for Hardmode? and what are you subbing for stoneskin? A tanking guide to Hardmode I'm sure would be appreciated by all.
I'm using PLD/SCH for Aminon. In part because I also handle all the aoe sneak/invis, and all the status removal. Neither of these is really relevant to Aminon itself, but the rest of the run is a thing. I think the only real requirement for your subjob on this fight is that it gives access to Stoneskin. Light Arts, etc, is just bonus.

Tanking set isn't anything special either. Mostly Nyame/meva gear. I'll include a quick gs export. Don't feel like building a full AH set for it right now.
Code
sets.exported={
    sub="Aegis",
    ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
    head={ name="Nyame Helm", augments={'Path: A',}},
    body="Adamantite Armor",
    hands={ name="Nyame Gauntlets", augments={'Path: A',}},
    legs="Dashing Subligar",
    feet={ name="Nyame Sollerets", augments={'Path: A',}},
    neck="Moonlight Necklace",
    waist="Carrier's Sash",
    left_ear="Eabani Earring",
    right_ear={ name="Chev. Earring +1", augments={'System: 1 ID: 1676 Val: 0','Accuracy+15','Mag. Acc.+15','Damage taken-5%',}},
    left_ring="Defending Ring",
    right_ring="Shadow Ring",
    back="Philidor Mantle",
}

The main point is just Aegis. Nyame path is not relevant. I'm just an A path heretic. And I excluded the weapon for reasons I'll go over later when I talk about WS. Set is kinda hugely over DT capped, I just haven't got around to refining it. Could maybe drop D ring and augment Apeile for the MDB, etc. Hmm, maybe Sanare over Eabani too... Anyway.

Also due to how we position the fight, I also use Knockback reduction gear for Aminon.

Rather than the tank being in a corner, for the Hardmode fight we have everyone else in the corner, and the Tank on the opposite side of Aminon. So since I don't have my back to a wall, I have to deal with the Knockback. Basically, I have to wear shitty KBR gear so that everyone else doesn't have to. -_-;

Aminon does maybe once or twice a fight knock me back very slightly, despite my knockback gear being locked in. No idea what causes this, as he never uses a TP move, so he can only be knocking me back with his melee hits. And he only has 3 different types of melee hits. Perhaps some conditional effect related to earring/wing status? I'm not sure, but you'll need to move back in when this happens, or he can potentially move out enough to outrange WS from the party members clustered in the corner. Considering how long this fight can be, this happens very rarely.

The pull. It is possible to pull Aminon in such a way that he draws you into the center of the room, even though he's not at the center anymore, and misses you with Incessant void. I've only managed to do this twice. The timing and positioning is tricky. You have to pull from max casting distance then run away enough that he ends up near the border of the colored section of the floor... but not outside it(I think), when he triggers void. It seems like once he's too far from his spawn point he draws in to his own location rather than to the center of the room.

That said, if he gets you with void, just SS and phalanx up, then pull to a corner. It's just annoying to lose all your buffs, and not a critical aspect of the fight or anything.

Once at camp, we've been having the RDM spam sleep till it lands via immunobreak(saving Stymie for distract later in the fight). Then we buff up while he's asleep. Takes the pressure to keep Absorb-TP going off. Once Aminon is asleep you flip around him to stand on the other side of him away from the corner so the rest of the party can use the corner spot.

The PLD part of this fight is really just keep SS up, WS to help mitigate the wall, and cure. Cure a lot.

SS lasts a looong time. Like, it will wear off from duration time out rather than damage. I do cast in SS+ gear, even the non-ilvl pieces like Stone mufflers. It's not hard to time an SS cast between Aminon's hits while he's debuffed though.

WS as you can to mitigate the WS wall. This is where weapon selection comes in. I originally was using Excalibur and Knights of Round.(The COR was doing Savage, or I'd have Naegling'd) But I later swapped to using Reikiko for the regain for more frequent WS(Switched to CDC since I can't KoR with Reikiko.) This did lower my damage by like half, but I was only amounting to maybe 5% of the parse anyway. Better to help other more potent WS hit harder.

Cure. A lot. Our THF is actually using Regal Gloves(DT+ and converts dmg taken to TP) and basically no DT, or shell, on this fight. They get trashed for like 400 dmg a hit. So.. I'm doing a lot of curing. With refresh III from the RDM MP isn't an issue. Even using Sroda belt in an meva midcast.

I've never had the slightest enmity issues with this fight, even when I was really slacking on JA use, or forgetting to flash. Maybe use JA on DD start when they wake him up, an Atonement to start, etc. After that the sheer mass of curing is probably a lot of enmity, even with Tranquil Heart cutting into your cure enmity. -_-;

PLD isn't part of the TP suppression, and doesn't really have to coordinate anything with the group for the rest of the fight. Maybe hold WS a bit if TP seems high or Absorbs are getting resisted. I was way more busy on my dualboxed GEO than on PLD. <,<;

I feel like I kinda wandered all over the place there... Not exactly a concise guide, but well, PLD on Aminon is pretty simple really. SS, WS, Cure.

As a follow up to this: How viable would it be for a PLD to wear Makora meikogai for the Sphere regain to speed up the fight? Obviously it'd require a large change in the set, but is the idea dead on arrival due to the massive loss of MDT, or do you think it'd be possible to still manage a long lasting stoneskin while wearing this body?

I'm guessing it wouldn't be that hard, especially if the PLD were so inclined to use some weight to hold their ship in place... saving them the leg and back slot. But having yet to attempt the fight, I'd love some more experienced perspective.
By Guyford 2024-01-31 00:12:00
Link | Citer | R

Aminon damage vs PLD is laughable, generally SS lasts the full 5 min or breaks with under a min left if he's being frisky. You can wear whatever you want which is why the knockback pieces to make your life easier depending on your positioning, and I totally forgot about makora meikogai, have to work that into my set now.

My set for example has been 4/5 sakpata, dashing sub, phildor mantle, warder charm +1, carrier sash, dring + moonlight, staunch+1, and +1 sortie ear and odnowa +1, again over capping DT. Like this his conal swipe type attacks still do 0 even when SS is down. The AoE little knockback explosion attack will do damage but caps out around 60 or so.

Honestly could probably improve the set alot by swapping in stp stuff, dedition over odnowa comes to mind. Shadow ring would be a solid improvement as well.

edit: those 60 dmg hits might be him catching me in SIRD too, generally its less. Also if your group is doing it right there shouldn't ever be any real danger of him getting a tp move off, its just a matter of fine tuning it so you can speed things up.

Furthermore, there isn't a real reason to use SIRD against him, I'm just too lazy to change all my macros.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-31 03:57:57
Link | Citer | R

I recall earlier in the thread that Warder's charm Absorbs still grant Aminon TP, so you could probably swap that out for something
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2024-01-31 11:06:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
I recall earlier in the thread that Warder's charm Absorbs still grant Aminon TP, so you could probably swap that out for something
I guess the Pld Empy set bonus have the same negative side-effect?
Though I've run Aminon Hardmode like 10 times and no issues because of that.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-02-01 08:59:37
Link | Citer | R

I mean, certainly with all the absorb TPs its unlikely to matter.

Tot that end, anyone notice the question I had prior to the pally stuff? lol
Still lookin for: Do you drop all the DT in your idle to take more damage, and thus gain more TP from regal gloves, or do you just put the gloves in your set and accept the small boost in tp gains?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-01 09:21:13
Link | Citer | R

I never bothered with regal gloves, but if I did I think you can lower your DT quite significantly without negatively impacting the run. PLD can spam Cure IV and you'll never be at any risk of dying.

Can play with different levels of DT until you reach some breaking point where you can't keep up with the heals, but I think you'll find that's not very likely to happen.
[+]
By klayy 2024-02-01 22:12:39
Link | Citer | R

Im guessing most sortie/aminon groups are statics so not sure other groups will have run into this. Also guessing this is more just bad drop luck than anything else, BUT....

We've got a group of like 7~9 people. We got to 4 mesos pretty quick... like 4/6 drop rate. At that point two people had enough muffins stored to S5.

Since that moment, 0/6 lol. I'm pretty sure it's not that everyone has to have a S4 for anyone to get the drop. Would be a stunningly colossal misstep on SE's part if that's the way it is. But yeah, haven't seen a single one taking 1~2 people who don't have S4s. Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar position and has still seen drops. It's a long enough no-drop streak that ppl are starting to wonder.
By Shichishito 2024-02-01 22:32:04
Link | Citer | R

I've seen sapphires drop in the basement instead of starstones when I forgot my prime in the moghouse and I remember reading upgrade materials for the related prime stage only drop if the prime is in your inventory.

Are the two who upgraded your DDs? Maybe the prime stage of the person who lands the killing blow determines the tier of the upgrade material.
By Seun 2024-02-01 22:48:54
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
I've seen sapphires drop in the basement instead of starstones when I forgot my prime in the moghouse and I remember reading upgrade materials for the related prime stage only drop if the prime is in your inventory.

Sapphires and Starstones deal with armor, not weapons. They drop in ground floor and basement respectively, regardless of your prime progress.
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-02-01 23:02:54
Link | Citer | R

The wiki exclusively lists starstones for the basement casket and coffer drops and when I mentioned it befor someone else said it has to be a bug. I think it's either dependant to prime in inventory/not in inventory or maybe job related as in if you bring a job that hasn't unlocked empy +3 prior to this run, entering basement for the first time.

I know they are related to armor, not weapons. It's just a example of sortie drops behaving odd.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-01 23:05:19
Link | Citer | R

We got all of our Mesosiderites with a group with at least 1, usually 2 members with no St4 weapon. The drop rate just isn't that good, you got insanely lucky at the start. We went something like 4/25
By Taint 2024-02-02 09:00:43
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
We got all of our Mesosiderites with a group with at least 1, usually 2 members with no St4 weapon. The drop rate just isn't that good, you got insanely lucky at the start. We went something like 4/25

People without stage 4 got the drop?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-02 09:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

People without stage 4 got the drop?

Sorry, no that's not what I meant. Someone above suggested that having people with no St4 would lower drop rates, I was just commenting the # of people we had without a St4 since it was brought up as potentially "blocking" drops or something.
[+]
By klayy 2024-02-02 11:37:43
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the reply. Again, I was pretty sure it was just an unlucky streak but.. never know right? Wouldn't be the first time something didn't "work as intended" lol

Was wondering if it mattered who went in to aminon first.. or like someone else mentioned, killed him. The two S5 people are typically doing that. See again in a day or two if we get a drop.
By Shichishito 2024-02-04 14:53:18
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Are there any other jobs that can obliterate Dhartok like this?
 Shiva.Liam
By Shiva.Liam 2024-02-04 15:03:02
Link | Citer | R

the real question is how did he manage to get his trusts to behave so well? my version of Sylvie likes to move into every tp move regardless of how i turn the mob :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Celerin
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Celerin
By Bismarck.Celerin 2024-02-04 15:04:11
Link | Citer | R

Can't say anything. Our group went 8/12 on mesos, one of those runs we had someone that didn't have a T4 since our one of our regulars went out of town and got the drop (they didn't, we did). we pre-farmed our next set so we don't have to see HM aminon for a while, but yeah, seems completely random.
By Shichishito 2024-02-04 15:34:06
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Liam said: »
the real question is how did he manage to get his trusts to behave so well? my version of Sylvie likes to move into every tp move regardless of how i turn the mob :D
I think if you summon a stationary trusts first then most other trusts will stay behind that stationary one until it dies or maybe till you move too far away from your trusts.

I'm more fascinated with how he straves to pile clouds on top of each other but doesn't seem too concerned about standing inside of them either. Guess WAR with it's massive HP pool just doesn't need to give a damn.

If I try him and my trusts don't get oneshot early on I barely get any damage in befor he's done with his cloud shenanigans. I think a solo dahrtok takes me around 45 to 50 minutes.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-04 15:49:08
Link | Citer | R

Seems like the key is picking trusts that will remove your poison very quickly, since clouds drop when you're poisoned a second time. Could probably also use antidotes, though IDK how that would affect your DPS.
By SimonSes 2024-02-04 16:23:39
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
Are there any other jobs that can obliterate Dhartok like this?

SAM should be able to do similar, if not better. Kasha and Shoha have big attack bonuses, so they should do pretty competitive damage and Fudo is just strong even without attack bonus.

MNK could probably pull this off too. Just not sure how reliable you could 4 step without Sam roll.
First Page 2 3 ... 144 145 146 ... 148 149 150