Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 150 151 152
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-13 11:05:53
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know the exact conditions for H Metal, and what it even does? BG wiki says this:

Quote:
Vanquish Haughty Tulittia after vanquishing all the Fomor in the vicinity around her.
Maintaining Enmity on Haughty Tulittia might be required while Fomors are defeated.Verification Needed.

Magic damage kill shot might be required.Verification Needed.

This requires further testing

Last night, we killed the Tulittia with a magic killshot after all of the Fomor in the starting room, while holding the Tulittia with enmity prior to starting to kill it. Didn't get metal. So the conditions above are either not in the correct order or just incorrect altogether.
 Shiva.Liam
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2022-12-13 17:09:37
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if its as simple as killing her with an AOE where she is not the main target?
 Asura.Toralin
Serveur: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-12-15 09:20:36
Link | Citer | R

Strictly annecdotle, but we go 7 days a week and we probably get a case+1 every 2ish runs. We usually hold our case+1 until the run is over, pop outside, cheer each other on.

Today we got 1 and I popped mine instantly and so did some others.

We then proceeded to get a total of 4 Old Case+1's and 4 regular Old case. Surely theres not a check to see if Old case +1 is in everyones inventory and then gives a NQ? And we were just stupid lucky with (4) in a single run.

PPS: Got a corsair+2 ear today
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-16 12:06:18
Link | Citer | R

Sooo something strange happened to us today.
We were running out of E basement through the blitzer, mule got stuck in a corner. Everybody was out but the mule.
Mule tried to use the blitzer but got caught by flans and eventually died.

Everybody else was out but from a certain point everything "stopped" for me.
It's not like the screen freezed, I could see people around me and screen was not frozen, but I couldn't move myself nor open any menu nor basically do anything.
To further explain I could see people around me and their standing/idle animation, but nobody was "moving" despite my friends claiming they were moving.
My friends told me they couldn't see me/target me anymore.
So I manually closed the POL instance and relogged.

When I logged back in I wasn't with my friends but... in the E basement.
Probably close to to where the mule (mentioned above) was, somewhere around there because I could target the blitzer and see the flans.

Here's the thing though:
I could target and interact with the blitzer, but nothing would happen.
Flans would not aggro me.
Meanwhile while I was tryin to figure things out my friends killed B boss (I got points and drops) and after that killed some other things for upstairs objectives (I could see the objectives being done but I got nothing: no items and no gallimaufry).

When we only had a few mins left within Sortie, I got "kicked out" back to Kamihr 4.

Anybody got a clue what could've happened there?
 Fenrir.Svens
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2022-12-16 12:20:51
Link | Citer | R

If you're on Asura, guessing instancing layer instability due to congestion, similar to omen during a card campaign + return home campaign.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-12-16 12:32:00
Link | Citer | R

It sounds like you just R0'd Sechs. When the client disconnects from the game server it remains open for a short period of time, but because there is no connection the interactive objects surrounding you just stand still, or in some cases "jump" in place slightly. You manually closed your client but it would have probably done so in a couple moments anyway. Did you check the status of the send/receive rates in upper right of the screen before you closed out?

Quote:
If you're on Asura, guessing instancing layer instability due to congestion, similar to omen during a card campaign + return home campaign.

Similar effect here. One way or other the server and client de-synched. That's what caused all the weird things you were seeing.
By Guyford 2022-12-16 21:34:19
Link | Citer | R

Got H metal today having aggroed 2 mobs and killing them before pulling NM/rest of mobs. NM was in reive room and we aggroed the rng and nin early while doing naakuls. After naakuls we killed all mobs with NM in range with aeolians then finished nm with sanguine/leaden.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2022-12-18 14:51:24
Link | Citer | R

Is Sortie bugged or am I not understanding how Ruspix plates work?
I went yesterday at 5 PM EST, then again at 11:30 PM EST (Ruspix plate), but now Ruspix plate is back up today at 3PM EST.

I confirmed with the group that yesterday did happen at 5pm and a +2 earring dropped for me so I'm sure I remembered it happened.

Ruspix Plate
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-12-18 15:39:42
Link | Citer | R

Assuming your Ruspix plate was full, or close to full, that's expected behavior. The numbers with a full plate are:

At 11:30 PM you used your Ruspix plate to recharge your main key item. As your normal plate had 13.5 hours until it would have recharged normally, using your Ruspix plate on it charged it up, expending 13.5 hours from it, reducing its charge from 20 hours to 6.5 hours.

Since you ran that run at 11:30 PM, it would have recharged normally at 7:30 PM (20 hours later).

At 3:00 PM, your normal plate was 4.5 hours away from being charged, so since your Ruspix Plate had 6.5 hours on it, you were able to use it, bringing the remaining charge on your Ruspix to 2 hours.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-18 19:40:36
Link | Citer | R

Ruspix plate is the dumbest system they could have ever come up with. Its convoluted AF. A simple Canteen system where Ruspix tells you how long you have until THE NEXT ONE IS READY would have been sufficient. Instead, that stupid goblin doesn't give you any information until your current Ra'Kaznar plate is used up, which sometimes makes planning to use a Ruspix after a Shiny plate tricky. Whoever came up with that system was trying to be clever and just ended up being confusing.
[+]
By Penpenn 2022-12-19 09:15:43
Link | Citer | R

Given the update notes posted on POL today, I'm curious if the change to the WS wall is the same in Sortie as it will be for Odyssey.

Has anyone had a chance to go onto a Sortie boss and test if the WS wall is now just WS exclusive?

Does this make SAM an asset for Aminon strategies, whereby you can Skillchain for Light and Dark instead of just doing a Death SC/MB strat for 30minutes?

Would very much change the routing in here...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-12-19 09:29:34
Link | Citer | R

You still have to worry about tp feed and tp moves. Blm sch sch is still going to be the path of least resistance
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-19 10:18:53
Link | Citer | R

Well, if doing melee style then it's really just a matter of not making SC's and having the GEO on proc duty. You have 4 minutes to kill him before his super move and he doesn't resist any physical damage.

So, in theory a GEO could just watch for TP moves and respond with the correct element tier 1 nuke pretty easy with react.
By SimonSes 2022-12-19 10:48:56
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
a +2 earring dropped for me
Gratz, Im 0/32 after yesterday.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-19 11:44:53
Link | Citer | R

Can +2 earrings drop from NQ case, just at a one-in-a-million rate? Or are they exclusive (rare) drops of +1 cases?

Anybody ever reported finding a +2 into an NQ case?
 Odin.Danial
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Danial 2022-12-19 11:49:45
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
a +2 earring dropped for me
Gratz, Im 0/32 after yesterday.

Haha, we at least you are getting +1 boxes !I've gotten 2 +1 boxes out of around 150 boxes, about half of which came from the basement floors.
[+]
 Valefor.Starscreamx
By Valefor.Starscreamx 2022-12-19 12:37:52
Link | Citer | R

Can confirm wall is gone using 2 when alternating ws's. Melee zerged Darthok with a SAM 1hr to 40% in 30-45 sec. Does take decreased damage but melts now. Will try to add CG boss in the mix tomorrow.

Went in half assed group to test today. RUN SAM BRD GEO BLM WHM we ended up with 17k and tons of slacking off.

Side note Possible stone and old case drop increase increase or just a good luck. We got 6 old cases and 3 starstones and 2 sapphires.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-19 13:12:15
Link | Citer | R

Three startones in the same run looks like some crazy luck, grats!
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-12-19 13:13:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Can +2 earrings drop from NQ case, just at a one-in-a-million rate? Or are they exclusive (rare) drops of +1 cases?

Anybody ever reported finding a +2 into an NQ case?
no, wishful thinking though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-12-19 13:21:35
Link | Citer | R

Still wish they had put a +2 box on Aminon. Guaranteed +1 and stone is nice and all but chance at a guaranteed +2 would've been nicer!
[+]
 Valefor.Starscreamx
By Valefor.Starscreamx 2022-12-19 13:26:35
Link | Citer | R

After analyzing the data I noticed I hit a damage wall for 10 seconds. My first skillchain went off 4 Weaponskills for full damage. My second skillchain I accidently did fudo back to back then I only hit for 8k a WS for about 10 seconds instead of 30-40k. So if you multistep make sure you have a backup WS to keep it going incase you miss. Skillchains lua would be extremly usefull for this. Aghea for Defdown which doesnt SC with Fudo. Fudo > Kasha > Shoha > Fudo back to Aghea so you dont Fudo twice for wall. Im sure we could of taken it almost all the way down in a min if I didn't hit the DT wall. After yaegasumi wore off I ended up dying to clobber and having to kite nuke the last bit.
 Fenrir.Svens
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2022-12-19 20:41:43
Link | Citer | R

For anyone doing Xolla's Aminon strat, can't just do Sch distortion into Leaden for damage, have to alternate with Wildfire due to the new WS wall.
By Vaerix 2022-12-19 22:17:09
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Svens said: »
For anyone doing Xolla's Aminon strat, can't just do Sch distortion into Leaden for damage, have to alternate with Wildfire due to the new WS wall.

Or just tag on another jobs darkness at the end, or open the next SC with a non sch distortion, and just let the leaden's fly.
By Guyford 2022-12-20 11:29:59
Link | Citer | R

Is the dynamis ws wall also active in sortie basements now? Was alternating serpah and RLB on E boss and dmg was steadily decaying until I started throwing a savage into the rotation, could have just been a series of coincidental resists.
By Phex 2022-12-20 16:19:38
Link | Citer | R

Looks like, SE changed more Sortie mechanics... until december update Esurient Botulus didnt Slimy Proposal >50% (our experience). Today it was first move at 98% enemy hp.
Also had a Distortion at Dhartok by mistake from SAM and he didnt wipe the DD, but we felt like he had more regen after that(maybe equal to absorbed dmg?!).

Edit: Killed Botulus in december at least 1s with ws from front and got chest.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-12-20 18:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Kill it from behind is not the requirement, we've definitely killed it from behind, with a WS and a SC, and not gotten the chest. We've also had entire kills from behind and not gotten a chest. We've killed from the front and gotten a chest.

My current working theory is that it's kill with more WS than magic damage. If we do Leaden -> Trueflight for a SC, magic burst it once on BLM for 99k, then finish off with WS, we typically get the chest regardless of who kills it from which direction.

It could be % of damage done from the back vs from the front, it's hard for me to keep track of that kind of stuff on a regular basis.

RE: Regen on Dhartok, he has some and I don't remember it from before, but when the battle goes to ***, I'm not tracking the mob's HP and I don't have addons for %. We did a fight where we did water damage then wiped, but had Requiem on him. He regened a few %, but not in the typical idle way where he was gaining 5% per tick. This might have been because we hit him with water damage (a single Reverb SC, IDK how much damage I had it filtered) or maybe he has it all the time.

As an aside: we had a really bad time with melee strategy. We've never seen Slimy Proposal before when doing mage setup but this time he used it no less than 4 times, starting at a very high % and continuing all the way until it died. This makes getting the metal (didn't drop for us) even worse, and skipping it is awful with 4 minute heavy poison on most of your group. This, combined with the knockback, dispels, TP removal, and other nonsense, makes it seem like a melee strategy will be possibly viable, but certainly less reliable, efficient, and lenient than ol' reliable.

We had 3 melee using WS which do not SC with each other at all, though I think it's possible a setup with a single melee doing a long SC with MB on top could work. The setup we had just seemed slow, dangerous, and annoying compared to manaburn.

What have your guys' experiences been? Have you tried melee? Are you just doing white damage, spamming WS, long pre-determined SC, or what?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-21 01:22:48
Link | Citer | R

We normally kill Botulus with like >75% damage being from magic burst damage on SCH skillchains, killshot with a COR using WS. All the damage happening from behind.
So far we always got chest.
By Phex 2022-12-21 03:52:20
Link | Citer | R

We use melee strategy lowman DD+RDM+BRD+Ygnas+Monb+Sylvie on Dhartok (trusts called in this order and Monb+Sylvie stay far from NM near Ygnas). Either white dmg + ws every 10sec kill with mnk or drk or 3-step on SAM (now) works fine. We avoid the clouds and have metal KI. Takes 3-10min depending on sticking debuffs and NM actions.
We have best experiences with rdm/drk since you can stun slimy proposal and have stun on cooldown on Dhartok.
For Botulus chest our 5 cents atm are on "all chars does an action on NM + ws-kill".
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-26 21:39:20
Link | Citer | R

Is there any mechanic around Aita's fetters? Tried a melee setup tonight and it did really well at first, got it to 50% within a minute but fetters were spawning on our healer who freaked out and ran into the middle of us. Our COR was TPing in Adhemhar so the fetters caused him to explode immediately causing me to wall myself on WS's then we wiped lol. Our GEO was keeping him blue proced so that wasn't an issue at all, just the fetters surprised us.
By Taint 2022-12-29 10:48:29
Link | Citer | R

We easily zerged G boss. RUN,DRK,WAR dual boxed whm, COR, BRD
All SPs were used and he melted.

It makes the 3 min timer a non issue.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 150 151 152