Miracle Cheer: Do You Have It?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Miracle Cheer: Do you have it?
Miracle Cheer: Do you have it?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-06-15 01:11:12
Link | Citer | R

If anyone has one and is willing to test some things for data please respond here.

Based on the text I assume nothing forces it to make a Buff go past 15 minutes but a proper test would be nice.

I'll bump this a few times in the next few days but I doubt anyone actually has this.

This is related to updating BG Wiki/Windower/Ashita.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-06-15 12:15:47
Link | Citer | R

If anyone else was curious about what is Miracle Cheer:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Miracle_Cheer

Might not get results until July.

My question is, if someone has this and Daurdabla can they now cast a total of 5-6(clarion) songs?
By Probono 2022-06-15 12:22:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
If anyone else was curious about what is Miracle Cheer:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Miracle_Cheer

Might not get results until July.

My question is, if someone has this and Daurdabla can they now cast a total of 5-6(clarion) songs?

while i dont have the Miracle Cheer, going to assume it would work like the Oboro harp or AH-Harp. both give 3 songs.
meaning 5 songs with Clarion for Daurdable.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-15 14:30:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chiaia said: »
I doubt anyone actually has this.

I would imagine it's probably in the top 2-3 choices from Bonanza weapons, and selected on some mules who won a rank 1 and didn't want to gear NIN. Surely there are some out there after it has been on, what, 3-4 Bonanzas by now? Whether any of those owners is on these forums is a different story though.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-15 15:14:32
Link | Citer | R

I joined a shout omen (like a year ago) someone there had the Miracle Cheer. So at least one does infact exist. (do they still play though? who knows.)
By Manque 2022-06-15 23:25:47
Link | Citer | R

Questions on Miracle Cheer were answered by JPDev on the official forum.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/353?p=631837#post631837

- Are the effects of Miracle Cheer limited to songs sung using it or can it be transferred like with harp? Only songs sung with Miracle Cheer equipped are in scope of the effect.

- Does the effect include the singer or is it limited to party members? It includes the singer.

- Is the effect doubled with dharp? Scherzo etc. and soul voice? Are durations extended with other gear? The effect is a fixed 15 min regardless of other gear equipped or abilities used.
[+]
 Asura.Capgames
By Asura.Capgames 2022-06-16 04:07:16
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The song duration statistic also applies to the caster, not only the other party members.
No other song duration equipment, abilities, or traits stack with this effect.

From reading it seams that it sets the song duration to 15 mins and cannot be extended past that due to no stacking with duration+ gear/abilities/etc but is unknown if song+ gear stacks.

Problem is your looking +1 song potency for a 15 min duration, is it really worth the trade off?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-16 04:39:42
Link | Citer | R

I can easily think of one scenario where it could be midly beneficial.

You're doing content with some friends, you just apply 10+ mins songs to the pt thanks to Nitro.
Someone suddenly dies.
Normally at that point you'd be forced to recast 2 songs + 2 fakes + overwrite the 2 fakes with real songs (at best) to give them ~6 mins duration.
Meaning that BEFORE the 10+ mins songs expire on the other pt members, you would be forced to pianissimo songs again on that guy so that his songs won't expire and so that he will mantain 4 songs and be ready for the next turn of NiTro.

With this instrument you could do the same but without the "recasting once more" aspect.
All of this at the cost of losing +1 potency, which I'd say it's sorta reasonable.

Kinda niche if you ask me but it is what it is.
Other uses... I dunno.
Supposing it stacks with Soul Voice potency (it should, shouldn't it?) then to give 15-18 mins duration SV at the cost of +1 +2 potency.

Last but not least for all situations where you want 10+ duration on songs but you cannot use NiTro (or don't want to use it).
All at the small cost of +1 potency.

I dunno, it sounds extremely niche, but I guess it can have its uses.
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-06-16 05:35:43
Link | Citer | R

You could definitely use it to sing victory march as your 4th instead of needing to do a dummy, and VM with one less potency won’t hurt. And nice long mazurkas.

I’d also consider using it for Minne/Ballad to easier overwrite other songs sacrificing one potency.
 Asura.Nalfey
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2022-06-16 05:53:35
Link | Citer | R

It could be relevant in 15min battle content like Odyssey NMs.
Where it’s a DPS race and BRD is DDing, not having to redo songs for those last few mins can be the difference between winning and losing. But is it worth losing the +1 potency for all the other DDs ? I’m not sure.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-16 06:16:25
Link | Citer | R

Didn't think about that, but yeah... very awkward unless for some reason you're not gonna use HM but realistically when are you ever not gonna use it? Extremely rare situations.
 Asura.Cariko
user: Kariko
By Asura.Cariko 2022-06-16 10:33:54
Link | Citer | R

More is better, but everything revolves around Nitro now. Seems like the HM offset would be more annoying than the bonus time for everything else would really make up for. BRD would be better served by an ability to deal with recovery or unexpectedly offset timers.

"Unisciti al Coro" on a 10 minute timer. Target's current song effects and durations and copied to all party members in range, overwriting any current song effects those party members have.

There'd still be some flailing around if you had some Pianissimo junk going on, but something to recover from offset timers would be great.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-06-16 12:11:21
Link | Citer | R

Best in slot mazurka
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-06-16 14:19:48
Link | Citer | R

Manque said: »
Questions on Miracle Cheer were answered by JPDev on the official forum.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/353?p=631837#post631837

- Are the effects of Miracle Cheer limited to songs sung using it or can it be transferred like with harp? Only songs sung with Miracle Cheer equipped are in scope of the effect.

- Does the effect include the singer or is it limited to party members? It includes the singer.

- Is the effect doubled with dharp? Scherzo etc. and soul voice? Are durations extended with other gear? The effect is a fixed 15 min regardless of other gear equipped or abilities used.
Thanks for the JP Dev post.
[+]
By Makunouchii 2022-07-15 22:57:55
Link | Citer | R

I won rank 1 on an alt and chose Miracle Cheer (would have picked Yagyu on main).

Got brd to 99 (Leveled whm first via that Aman alt guide, ty person who created that).

I didn't have many songs but my LS invited me to Crawlers Nest [S] to leech( lol they want me to be M40 w/o activating SJ) and be amused by 15min songs.

I'm capping skills right now. Oh yeah, My main character is a Bard. If you got any other questions let me know
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-07-15 23:52:11
Link | Citer | R

Makunouchii said: »
I won rank 1 on an alt and chose Miracle Cheer (would have picked Yagyu on main).

Got brd to 99 (Leveled whm first via that Aman alt guide, ty person who created that).

I didn't have many songs but my LS invited me to Crawlers Nest [S] to leech( lol they want me to be M40 w/o activating SJ) and be amused by 15min songs.

I'm capping skills right now. Oh yeah, My main character is a Bard. If you got any other questions let me know

but u can send yagyu to ur main if u win no?
By Makunouchii 2022-07-15 23:57:59
Link | Citer | R

You can't do that unfortunately

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/14591-Undeliverable-Same-Account-Ex-Items
By Makunouchii 2022-07-16 00:44:58
Link | Citer | R

I actually have a question for Chiaia if you don't mind. I saw that you posted about updating Timers way back in 2019. I was wondering if there was a way for it to display 15 minutes for buffs when using Miracle Cheer? Thank you!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-07-16 06:14:07
Link | Citer | R

I actually have a question for Chiaia if you don't mind. I saw that you posted about updating Timers way back in 2019. I was wondering if there was a way for it to display 15 minutes for buffs when using Miracle Cheer? Thank you!

This is exactly what he wants to do, but he wants a proper test to make sure that it indeed does not stack with other duration gear or bonuses.

Also, I wanted to make sure it stacks with other potency gear and that songs are as strong as expected like outlined here https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/BGWiki:SongPotency it was unclear if songs are fixed at +3 only.

Also that soul voice and marcato behave as if you have a +3 instrument.
[+]
By Makunouchii 2022-07-16 11:21:37
Link | Citer | R

Understood. I'm busy capping skills right now but will report back. Also, I very much appreciate your guide on bg as it's been instrumental to my main Bards success!
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-07-16 11:26:55
Link | Citer | R

Understood. I'm busy capping skills right now but will report back. Also, I very much appreciate your guide on bg as it's been instrumental to my main Bards success!
Good to hear! I am certainly going to add the cheer with my thoughts after testing.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2022-07-16 14:34:21
Link | Citer | R

I'd kill to have timers updated to track smn buffs properly, though I don't know how much of a pain in the arse that would be.
By Makunouchii 2022-07-21 16:48:58
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »

This is exactly what he wants to do, but he wants a proper test to make sure that it indeed does not stack with other duration gear or bonuses.

Also, I wanted to make sure it stacks with other potency gear and that songs are as strong as expected like outlined here https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/BGWiki:SongPotency it was unclear if songs are fixed at +3 only.

Also that soul voice and marcato behave as if you have a +3 instrument.

Nothing will push it beyond 15minutes...I've tried +7 Minne /Minuet or +8 Madrigal ( just want to clarify this).
Everyday I try sending it to my main hoping for a glitch in the spaghetti code magically appears ;/

Song potency stacks with it... it works just like a +3...just bringing up the buff duration to 15minutes.
I did some simple tests just to confirm as a Master 1 BRD/WHM. Details below.

Minne confirmed using Ctrl + E equipment menu lol.

Minne V: Master Level 1 BRD/WHM. I Was too lazy to send mousai +1 over so this was ran naked with Moonbow Whistle and Miracle Charm. Defense was 281. Casting regular Minne V brought Def up to 627. Net 346 Defense (+6 is 326 + 20 from Job points). Marcato brought my defense up to 800 ((346 * 1.5) + 281) = 800. Soul Voice brought my defense up to 973 ((346 *2) + 281) =973.

March confirmed using gearinfo addon (hopefully thats cool?)

Victory March: +7 ( (+3) Moonbow Whistle + 1, (+3) Mircale Cheer, and (1) 109 Fili Manchettes since 119 has the same +1. Victory March +7 = 277 Marcato 415.5, and Soul Voice = 554.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I want to thank my Linkshell for helping me get mastered and running ambu. You guys are the best :D

Also, It was pretty damn nice having 15min songs using our strat of everyone holding 1 gob and sleeping incanter (me in 109 empy lol). I am enjoying this a lot as my gear gets better.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-07-21 17:39:41
Link | Citer | R

Please confirm that offensive songs do not have a super long duration. All types would be nice to have a test for.

The wording clearly says only affects buffs, but it might be worth taking it into ballista lol...
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-07-21 19:07:25
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I'd kill to have timers updated to track smn buffs properly, though I don't know how much of a pain in the arse that would be.
We noticed an error like a month ago in timers related to SMN buffs. There is a version floating around with the changes. If people don't speak up we don't know always. I use to notice a lot myself but I haven't had an active sub in 6+ months+. I never got any feed back on the one floating around but it has been a month+ so I will release it if you find an error please DM me on here or ping me in Windower's discord.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-07-21 19:28:35
Link | Citer | R

New timers is live with SMN changes please let me know if you see any issues...
[+]
 Bahamut.Angenard
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Anaurine
By Bahamut.Angenard 2022-07-21 20:32:31
Link | Citer | R

No active sub and still updating stuff for us? Sir you get a salute from me o7 thank you for your service! <3
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-07-21 21:24:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Angenard said: »
No active sub and still updating stuff for us? Sir you get a salute from me o7 thank you for your service! <3
Most of the Windower crew hasn't had an active sub in many many years. I'm one of the last ones that did. Nifim/Zeta sub randomly though.

I don't think I'm done with XI either just waiting on new endgame even though SE said it would be 6 man again. Rank 20 Odyssey was enough for me. SE can shove their Rank 25/30 BS up their ***.
[+]