First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-01 10:46:43
Link | Citer | R

That is arguably a gearswap bug, but it is caused by this problem. Gearswap calls your aftercast function when the result chunk arrives for your action. If that chunk gets dropped, you don't put on your aftercast set. I should probably make it happen on a static max delay instead of allowing it to just not happen, but there are tradeoffs there too that could have you in the wrong set as well.
[+]
 Odin.Lawii
Serveur: Odin
user: Lawiii
By Odin.Lawii 2022-06-01 10:54:55
Link | Citer | R

The issue I see in Dynamis often, is not getting the messages back about rolls. Sometimes I will double up and never see what number I landed on, which makes COR really hard to play.
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-06-01 11:07:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
That is arguably a gearswap bug, but it is caused by this problem. Gearswap calls your aftercast function when the result chunk arrives for your action. If that chunk gets dropped, you don't put on your aftercast set. I should probably make it happen on a static max delay instead of allowing it to just not happen, but there are tradeoffs there too that could have you in the wrong set as well.

It's easy enough to workaround most of the time and fairly uncommon, for me at least.

My point was more that it seems like gearswap has a little better visibility into running actions than the UI components do, aside from those corner cases. I can usually see spells or longer running actions going off by monitoring gear swaps even if the animation doesn't start, but I always see the animation for completion (e.g. I see the cure but not casting it). It's helpful to see if these actions are running even if the animation isn't going off, but I do understand/assume they are distinct operations that don’t have to be handled together (making not 100%, but somewhat consistent)
By Meeeeeep 2022-06-01 11:16:02
Link | Citer | R

How does one download this to test it? I don't see it even after enabling konami code plugins.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-01 11:30:38
Link | Citer | R

Meeeeeep said: »
How does one download this to test it? I don't see it even after enabling konami code plugins.
Should be in plugin menu after entering code on that same menu

Edit: To be clear you need to reenter the code for it to pop up, even if you have entered the code before.
 Shiva.Mewtwo
Serveur: Shiva
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2022-06-01 11:31:06
Link | Citer | R

Meeeeeep said: »

You need to input the Konami code while in the Plugins tab. It showed up for me along with the other Konami code plugins.
By Chimerawizard 2022-06-01 12:22:57
Link | Citer | R

I have malwarebytes and the following whitelist. I still had to disable the antivirus software when I loaded windower after I deleted the updates folder for the plugin list to repopulate at all. PacketFlow did not appear until I did.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2022-06-01 12:37:46
Link | Citer | R

I already had Konami plugins visible however PacketFlow wasn't. Doing the inputs again made it show up just fine.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-01 13:21:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Maybe next time it happens to me I'll keep an eye on recast or TP to see if it's delaying the actual action or just the displaying of it.

I've gotten to where in C and Dyna runs, I'll monitor what EquipViewer is doing to see if the requested action is happening. Particularly tanking in C, if I'm pulling 2 groups of mobs, it's rare that I see the casting animation triggered, but the change in gear followed by the action seems pretty consistent.

So for instance if we have two groups and I cast a cure, the casting animation rarely seems to start until the spell goes off, but I can see in EquipViewer that I'm in my SIRD set. Someone with familiarity w/ the packet handling code might be able to comment on whether or not this is actually accurate or not, but the behavior seems pretty consistent for me in most cases (e.g. I see SIRD set, spell ends up going off even if animations aren't happening). I'd assume there is some acknowledgement of these gearswaps coming from the server to indicate the swap happened, but I don't know concretely, it seems equally possible that EquipViewer is seeing the outgoing set change and assuming it's correct.

That said, I've had problems where I get stuck in sets, although it's typically when fighting Mireu. I've seen it happen in Odyssey content, though, and it appears unrelated to monster actions, but it's infrequent. All that being said, I've had a few runs lately where there is absolutely some kind of input delay: sets don't swap, action doesn't go off, and recast doesn't change. There was one run in particular where everyone seemed to have that problem, but again, it is uncommon for me at least.
That's a separate issue, where the action goes through on time, but certain parts of it are lost, like the animation, the messages, or some of the gear swsps.

In this case, the action is going through fine, but delayed a couple seconds after the action is initiated on the client side (or at least, animations/messages/UI feedback make it seem like it is; it might be happening at the right time going by the server and it's only the client feedback that is delayed).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-01 17:35:02
Link | Citer | R

That's a separate issue, where the action goes through on time, but certain parts of it are lost, like the animation, the messages, or some of the gear swsps.

In this case, the action is going through fine, but delayed a couple seconds after the action is initiated on the client side (or at least, animations/messages/UI feedback make it seem like it is; it might be happening at the right time going by the server and it's only the client feedback that is delayed).

I don't know what your issue is exactly, but the only time I've seen behavior like this was due to a race condition on the client side. Specifically, cases where shortcuts and itemizer fight for ownership of a Ninjutsu cast.
By GetHelpNerd 2022-06-01 18:47:15
Link | Citer | R

SE shills in shambles as yet another 3rd party solution comes out to fix something SE said is impossible.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-01 18:57:59
Link | Citer | R

I don't know what your issue is exactly, but the only time I've seen behavior like this was due to a race condition on the client side. Specifically, cases where shortcuts and itemizer fight for ownership of a Ninjutsu cast.
It's not especially uncommon, and is unrelated to things like that. When an Odyssey or Dynamis-D run encounters that problem for whatever reason, everyone in the group complains about it regardless of computer setup or addons.

A more severe variant of this issue is also what everyone was complaining about when Gaol first came out. I seem to remember people figuring out that it was the server querying the player's trust list many times per second, which was crowding out other communication.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2022-06-01 19:39:47
Link | Citer | R

GetHelpNerd said: »
SE shills in shambles as yet another 3rd party solution comes out to fix something SE said is impossible.

History repeats itself, a lot of solutions claimed to be impossible are also done via 3rd party with xiv as well. How things never change.
By alamihgo 2022-06-01 19:55:47
Link | Citer | R

best thing to come out of the FFXI 20th anniversary!
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2022-06-02 02:30:13
Link | Citer | R

Was using it last night pulling in Dynamis. Most statues was doing their route and changing colours as they should. Never saw a spell get lost in transition. Receive was hitting 4800+ occasionally.
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-06-02 03:17:49
Link | Citer | R

Always suffered from horrific lag being in the UK and high ping to server. Was hitting up to R5000 in Dynamis, 3 characters logged in. Pretty much no lag. Incredible work
By SimonSes 2022-06-02 03:24:57
Link | Citer | R

Looks like last month/s until ban might feel enjoyable (from lag perspective) finally. Nice :)
 Asura.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2022-06-02 03:53:38
Link | Citer | R

"It would be more difficult than you assume" is a fair assessment regarding making low level network changes to a 15 year old codebase, let alone 20 years old now. It's a safe bet that those who have been reverse-engineering the API for years know more about it than anyone actively maintaining the game just for how unlikely anyone who actually wrote that code is still on the project.

Byrth, you're a legend as always. Just tooling around and this is black magic *** on the level of the original 60fps tool. Just the same, if they end up banning for this I won't want to go back anyway.

Observations: Delivery box runs faster. Zoning is faster. Escha portal in Qufim appeared before I even took three steps toward it. A quick Domain Invasion was smooth as butter.
By zixxer 2022-06-02 05:29:16
Link | Citer | R

Would a Mireu fight be considered an instance?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-02 05:58:18
Link | Citer | R

zixxer said: »
Would a Mireu fight be considered an instance?

No, and the bandwidth requirements there are so high that it probably won't make much of a difference.

That is a great example of the packet prioritization system functioning as intended, with one caveat. If you never get a chunk telling your client that Mireu has spawned (not a chunk that directly affects you), then you cannot render subsequent action messages about it. However, if you do get it to spawn then you'll see almost / all of the packets directly affecting you (and those of your party) in addition to a billion other actions. You may die unexpectedly, but you'll be able to look up in the log and see what killed you. You are missing out on a lot of other actions, but they don't affect your experience too much and honestly most of us probably wish we got fewer "Rando took 5 damage from Spikes" messages. So even if you only see 10% of the actions happening, they're the 10% that matters. This is the part that's broken in instances.

Moving that 10% of the actions to 16% of the actions is unfortunately not going to get you a spawn chunk for Mireu. You need to run back and forth across the 50' yalm radius away from Mireu (approximately the range you get sent spawn chunks at) for that. Packetflow might improve your odds of getting a spawn chunk when hopping across that border.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-06-02 06:10:14
Link | Citer | R

not going to get you a spawn chunk for Mireu. You need to run back and forth across the 50' yalm radius away from Mireu (approximately the range you get sent spawn chunks at) for that

You can set your target to Mireu in outgoing 0x15 to force prioritization of his spawn packets(server sends every couple seconds for your current target). Someone would have to throw together an addon for that, but it's pretty straightforward, just have to grab his index in each zone or pull it from dat in real time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Svedin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Svedin
By Bahamut.Svedin 2022-06-02 13:45:07
Link | Citer | R

I just did my first Sheol C with this.
Thank you, I love you.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-06-02 16:21:39
Link | Citer | R

So is this an issue with instanced content and so a limitation of that or is this actually just the current developers not fully understanding how to set this stuff up and it happens in all content created from Dyna D on.

If the developers were English speaking they could be informed of this and they could potentially fix it for everyone, however since they are Japanese they never will.

If I could make a suggestion, maybe set this addon up to only work in certain zones maybe since it's not needed anywhere else.

If this starts using up more bandwidth, form a lot of people it will potentially increase server costs and they will notice that and try to find out why that's happening. However if only kicks in when it's needed it will have far less impact maybe?

edit nvm you addressed this
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-06-02 16:34:38
Link | Citer | R

To be fair, I don't think they said it's impossible. If they did however what they meant is, for them.

It's like asking me to fix an engine, it's impossible for me.

Keep in mind they literally have 0 engineers on staff.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-02 17:05:53
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »

To be fair, I don't think they said it's impossible. If they did however what they meant is, for them.

It's like asking me to fix an engine, it's impossible for me.

Keep in mind they literally have 0 engineers on staff.

More like they don't have anyone available who knows the language the server netcode is written in and is able to modify it without unintended side effects. What Bryth and Thorny did was find a loophole in the client - server communication design and use it to make the server talk to the client more frequently. It's like we can use dgVoodoo2 / reshade to "upgrade" the graphics of the game without having to mess with the clients graphics code.
 Asura.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2022-06-02 17:14:06
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to propose a 'smart' mode where PacketFlow is active for the first ten or twenty seconds on loading a non-instance zone and disabled in normal areas afterward. It doesn't make enough of a difference outside of that window (in non-instances) besides cycling the delivery box a tiny bit faster, but stuff like instantly loading the NPCs on entering Escha is so nice.

Should be a trivial extra load on the servers for public use then.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-02 20:18:04
Link | Citer | R

So I have no idea about any of this stuff but does increasing bandwidth by 60% increase server cost for SE? Assuming enough people are using this.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-06-02 20:19:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
So I have no idea about any of this stuff but does increasing bandwidth by 60% increase server cost for SE? Assuming enough people are using this.
Hell Yes! and its not only bandwidth, its CPU cycles to present the data as well..
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-06-02 20:33:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »

I can picture it in my mind:

data analyst/business intelligence at square enix presenting in front of the producer/higher ups for ffxi

"...and this graph shows that our 10k monthly bandwith/server costs in june increased to 20k, we're investigating the causes but we believe it might be due to a third party addon."

I'm sure this will go very well for the future... the producer and execs will definitely turn a blind eye, what could go wrong affecting the bottom line of square enix on a game in its sunset stages?

Unless the claim it increases the bandwith has been exaggerated I would not risk it considering they will notice this and some higher up will get this shut down instantly
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-02 20:36:30
Link | Citer | R

I do believe that would be the single most hilarious thing I've ever seen in my entire life. If this has that big of an effect and they have to actually react to it.

In ANY way. Good or bad, or even simply acknowledge.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7