users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mob hoarding in Crawlers Nest [s]
Mob hoarding in Crawlers Nest [s]
First Page 2 3 4 5
By RadialArcana 2022-05-23 17:23:01
Link | Citer | R

Ninjaxtasy said: »
Dear SE,
Can you please have a penalty for someone grabbing all the mobs in the zone ? Like hold more than 5 in a party, you get less experience or no experience. In an already crowded zone, you are just waiting there for mobs to pop.

Send them a tell and ask nicely to leave a spot or something.

I was leveling a new character in escha Zitah last week and a blue was aoe killing stuff, I asked and he left me a place to kill my 5-6 mobs in peace.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 17:23:41
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
so you're complaining about not having any monsters to kill in the camp that you're at but you actively refuse to go somewhere else where there might be monsters?

This is not just for this particular camp, if SE decides to open new camps that allows AoE killing for new ML40, ML50, etc where are people supposed to party? So we have to settle for less EP per mob ? Why don't you settle for less EP per mob?
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-23 17:28:14
Link | Citer | R

There aren't infinite groups that are doing AoE parties at any given time. Not even Crawler's Nest is always filled up.

Sometimes places are full, so either come back later or accept that you can't get maximum benefit at the moment. Every single camp in the game that can fill up is like that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-05-23 17:55:02
Link | Citer | R

so you're complaining about not having any monsters to kill in the camp that you're at but you actively refuse to go somewhere else where there might be monsters?

This is not just for this particular camp, if SE decides to open new camps that allows AoE killing for new ML40, ML50, etc where are people supposed to party? So we have to settle for less EP per mob ? Why don't you settle for less EP per mob?

Lol. As someone who has been down here for a couple jobs, there has been not ONE, but THREE parties Aoeing at the same time and the exp is still fine. It sounds like maybe your party isn't good or you're not getting invited to this. Another solution was pointed out, you can just you know, move to the ruins, or the 100 camps on Promy. I also doubt Sylph is way more populated than Bahamut so. Good luck though. We have also had people who are here soloing and ask us to leave some mobs and we do that so.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-05-23 17:55:14
Link | Citer | R

Wait, hold up a sec...you guys don't pay the 5m/hour rate for overnight XP?
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 18:06:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mhysa said: »

Lol. As someone who has been down here for a couple jobs, there has been not ONE, but THREE parties Aoeing at the same time and the exp is still fine. It sounds like maybe your party isn't good or you're not getting invited to this. Another solution was pointed out, you can just you know, move to the ruins, or the 100 camps on Promy. I also doubt Sylph is way more populated than Bahamut so. Good luck though. We have also had people who are here soloing and ask us to leave some mobs and we do that so.

How is it if my party is good or not if there is no mob to kill since these parties are taking up all the mobs and holding them? On the flip side of things ( I know it's hard for you to understand from my point of view), it's messing up the experience chain since we have wait for mobs to repop
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-23 18:24:13
Link | Citer | R

99% chance you just didn't even take the time to fully investigate the area, because AoE parties never pull very much of the tunnel.

Even if you did, just go elsewhere. Crawler's Nest is only special if you're doing AoE parties; there are better camps if you're killing in a normal party.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-05-23 18:26:11
Link | Citer | R

Enemies on the donut in CN_S (the ones people are cleaving) are between level 129 and seem to be topping out around 134-135 as best I can tell. The higher-level stuff in here is in the side rooms and caps at 140.

Outer Ra'kaz is 134-136. Inner Ra'kaz is 137-139. Promy enemies are 139-142. Gears are 143-147.

The ring that people are cleaving shares an approximate level somewhere between Dho and Woh gates. Meaning ANY of the ones I listed above (twice now) will give you more MXP per individual enemy. The only reason CN is so useful is because of the cleave factor multiplying the lower points per enemy.

So in summary again... if you are not cleaving... go to any of the above and your MXP will be higher per individual enemy. Or go down a side room in CN_S to a harder camp as they are not usually cleaved.
 Bahamut.Chizel
user: JDubya80
By Bahamut.Chizel 2022-05-23 18:30:21
Link | Citer | R

If this person had ANY idea how hard I worked on my "mediocre" PLD to be able to do this for my LSmates and friends... but I'm the lazy one. Okay...

FWIW, this person was soloing down there once or twice while I was AoE PTing with my friends and I never once saw them without a mob, so I honestly don't know what they're complaining about.
[+]
 Valefor.Issacxx
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Issacxx 2022-05-23 18:42:37
Link | Citer | R

I don't understand what the issue is? If you can't compete with the people who are exping in the same area as you, you go find a new camp...that's how it's been since I started playing in 2003. Dune's camp I want doesn't sustain my exp chain 5 or 6, go to a different camp. Crawlers in the nest not doing it either, go to another set of mobs. AoE cleaving isn't new either, it's been around since Abyssea launched back in what, 2010? It's been around now for 12 years. People have been pulling multiple mobs even before that. When I was BRD at Colibri camp back in the day, I would have anywhere between 2-4 slept Colibri's on me to keep the chain up.

Just because you want to exp on a certain mob doesn't mean you're always going to be able to. That's the nature of an online MMO.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 18:43:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Chizel said: »
If this person had ANY idea how hard I worked on my "mediocre" PLD to be able to do this for my LSmates and friends... but I'm the lazy one. Okay...

FWIW, this person was soloing down there once or twice while I was AoE PTing with my friends and I never once saw them without a mob, so I honestly don't know what they're complaining about.

I was without a mob several times and running around all over and there is nothing
 Bahamut.Mhysa
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-05-23 18:49:41
Link | Citer | R

I was without a mob several times and running around all over and there is nothing

I literally just saw you. I am in a party right now and you were just standing there, maybe going back to Sylph is a better option for you. Have a good day lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 18:52:25
Link | Citer | R

I also would like to point out that deep inside Inner Ra'Kaznar ruins, it's usually pretty dead. Even with bots, there's full camps that never get touched. I feel like any overcrowding inn CN is basically a non issue if you're not cleaving, because there's other camps that sounds probably suit your speed just as fine. I'm not saying you HAVE I cleave in CN, but if other people are, why stick around? There's other places likely open
[+]
 Bahamut.Chizel
user: JDubya80
By Bahamut.Chizel 2022-05-23 18:58:03
Link | Citer | R

Honestly you could steal a mob from any pull and I don't think ANYONE would care. I know I wouldn't AT ALL, LOL... or you could ask your PLD friends to fire one up for you instead of being salty and feverishly asking SE to ruin the game for everyone because you can't solo CP in a particular zone.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 18:59:36
Link | Citer | R

People have stolen from my pulls at CN before, but it's really not that big of a deal because two can play that can
game. Honestly, the respawn on the monsters inn CN is so fast, you shouldn't ever be without monsters for longer than a minute or so.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-05-23 19:02:56
Link | Citer | R

I literally just saw you. I am in a party right now and you were just standing there, maybe going back to Sylph is a better option for you. Have a good day lol

Dis u? You're just around the corner from my camp, and you been standing here arguing instead of killing the mobs we've been "hoarding"...

Good luck fella.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-23 19:04:28
Link | Citer | R

the *** you got joachim, koru moru, AND cornelia for
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 19:07:13
Link | Citer | R

Dis u? You're just around the corner from my camp, and you been standing here arguing instead of killing the mobs we've been "hoarding"...

Good luck fella.

Not playing 24/7 like you..
 Bahamut.Mhysa
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-05-23 19:09:41
Link | Citer | R

Good luck fella.

Good luck fella.

You are really assuming I play 24/7 because I can get mobs and you can't? lol. Stay butthurt with those trusts, maybe with all that haste you will be able to steal a mob or two.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-05-23 19:13:42
Link | Citer | R

There are tunnel areas you can go into isn't there? The middle part, the tunnel off to the side with beetles etc
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 19:17:50
Link | Citer | R

Good luck fella.

Good luck fella.

You are really assuming I play 24/7 because I can get mobs and you can't? lol. Stay butthurt with those trusts, maybe with all that haste you will be able to steal a mob or two.

Saying I was standing there and doing nothing ....
 Bahamut.Mhysa
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-05-23 19:19:37
Link | Citer | R

Good luck fella.

Good luck fella.

I hope the tunnel camp works for you, and next time, just ask if we can leave mobs for you.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-23 19:20:55
Link | Citer | R

Good luck fella.

Good luck fella.

I hope the tunnel camp works for you, and next time, just ask if we can leave mobs for you.

i dont have anything else to say i just wanted to keep the quote train going
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-05-23 19:22:51
Link | Citer | R

If you don't know how to claim mobs, that's really on you. Literally each character can only hold 1 red claimed mob. If a party of 6 has more than that, they are yours to take. 1 account : 1 mob.

The fairness you think you are searching for already exists. Don't ask to screw over everyone else because you aren't as knowledgeable about the game as other people are.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 19:23:59
Link | Citer | R

the *** you got joachim, koru moru, AND cornelia for

This right here basically sums up who the OP is and why this thread is not to be taken seriously.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 19:27:04
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
If you don't know how to claim mobs, that's really on you. Literally each character can only hold 1 red claimed mob. If a party of 6 has more than that, they are yours to take. 1 account : 1 mob.

The fairness you think you are searching for already exists. Don't ask to screw over everyone else because you aren't as knowledgeable about the game as other people are.

Nothing to do with claiming a mob when there is no mob to claim
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-23 19:50:39
Link | Citer | R

There were mobs to claim, you just couldn't find them.

And even if there was an impossible miracle and there weren't, it doesn't matter, because there are other camps in the game just as good or better for killing one at a time. If you were having trouble, you should have gone to one of them instead of complaining about a non-problem here.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 19:58:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
There were mobs to claim, you just couldn't find them.

And even if there was an impossible miracle and there weren't, it doesn't matter, because there are other camps in the game just as good or better for killing one at a time. If you were having trouble, you should have gone to one of them instead of complaining about a non-problem here.

what's the point of running across the zone to look for mobs? Last I checked SE didn't post a sign that says " AoE Parties Onry "
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-23 19:59:15
Link | Citer | R

The point of running across the zone to look for mobs is to find mobs to kill. That's pretty freaking obvious.

Last I checked SE didn't post a sign "Ninjaxtasy deserves to have mobs even if he doesn't bother to look thoroughly for them." If you want mobs, you have to find and claim them for yourself, not expect SE to do it for you. Claiming mobs is a competition, and just because you suck at it doesn't mean you deserve handouts.
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 20:02:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
The point of running across the zone to look for mobs is to find mobs to kill. That's pretty freaking obvious.

Last I checked SE didn't post a sign "Ninjaxtasy deserves to have mobs even if he doesn't bother to look thoroughly for them." If you want mobs, you have to find and claim them for yourself, not expect SE to do it for you. Claiming mobs is a competition, and just because you suck at it doesn't mean you deserve handouts.

Claiming mobs is a competition, not complaining about that, I am complaining that one / two parties are gathering all the mobs in the zone with nothing left for the other players in the zone