Error 4006

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » error 4006
error 4006
First Page 2 3 4 5
By RadialArcana 2021-10-22 06:21:33
Link | Citer | R

Don't they ban people at the end of the month?

This does look like a detection system being worked on, it does look like stage 1.

If these asshats just stopped using fleetools with the low level bots they would get a lot less attention. I don't get why they don't understand that.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-22 06:26:05
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
If these asshats just stopped using fleetools with the low level bots they would get a lot less attention. I don't get why they don't understand that.
They need the fleetools to turn a profit. If you monitor how long they take to cap sparks and calculate against the time from when they're made until banned, around 2/3 of their gil's price is going to paying for account keys.

It's a razor thin margin, if they ditch the flee tools they might actually lose money. Interestingly, while I don't know of any NA who have eaten bans from these disconnects, there aren't any chinese galka out today on any of the servers I've checked. Usually they're going on most servers by thursday night.

Edit: Checked all 16 servers, there's a group of 14 in west ronfaure on Asura(maybe 4 got d/ced?) and nothing else anywhere. This is in comparison to typically having 18 in gustaberg on every server and 18 in ronfaure on about half by now.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-22 08:07:01
Link | Citer | R

So I ran a "test" last night.

Traditionally, I layer the screens and leave firefox as the in focus screen. That was the set up that caused 4006 5 times. (previously when I did that I only changed the forward most ffxi screen and still left firefox as the in focus screen)

Leaving the botting account as the in focus screen caused no 4006 over 3 nights.

So, last night I left two accounts botting overnight. Obviously both can't be the in focus screen... guess what happened. The unfocused bot got 4006. The in focus bot got nothing.

Therefor, taking actions as the nonprimary screen is the reason. Fast follow inputs movement commands as a secondary screen and Send also likely culprit. A normal /follow wouldn't. and simply being afk doesn't.

The time doesn't make a whole lot of sense still. I ran that set up all day long and it only happened at some point after 1am.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-22 08:23:52
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure that's the why as absolutely no one has gotten this while singleboxing legit (right?)

If you multi, cycle your screens at least every 4 hours. Or zoning may work too. Still not entirely certain. Just try harder not to look like a bot lol
By Draylo 2021-10-22 10:27:48
Link | Citer | R

I've never used FF because from what I remember it used some kind of POS hacking to actually follow so closely and not a simple follow. Cycling a screen wont do ***if they start to get more serious about it after testing a simple kick offline. Maybe people should dial all the multi-boxing hardcore addons for a bit and get used to it. After every exploit they try to pretend to get more serious, but this time implemented something.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-10-22 13:31:55
Link | Citer | R

I'll miss FFO. I don't *** with Tako and don't care to do that ***anymore these days, but having my characters follow me without getting stuck on corners was nice.

Oh well.
 Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Merritt95
By Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey 2021-10-22 13:36:38
Link | Citer | R

I use fast follow with 4 characters and Pyxie. No issues here at all but I also keep things within reasonable parameters, more to have the whm keep up with the 18% chars. I did both Dyna D all 3 waves and odyssey both sheol c and gaol. I don't use Tako
By Typongtive 2021-10-22 15:20:41
Link | Citer | R

FFO has never caused issues for me. But then I just use the follow feature and nothing more.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-22 15:22:07
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I'll miss FFO. I don't *** with Tako and don't care to do that ***anymore these days, but having my characters follow me without getting stuck on corners was nice.

Oh well.

I'm not sure how many versions of FFO there are, but the one I saw on git was just writing the movement struct ingame and should be harmless besides the way it zones. There might be a version that works differently and is causing the issues. I wouldn't write it off as gone yet.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-10-22 15:24:52
Link | Citer | R

I once saw it throw someone's alt in the middle of the zone instead of the zone line. Yeah, no thanks!
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2021-10-22 16:13:17
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey said: »
I use fast follow with 4 characters and Pyxie. No issues here at all but I also keep things within reasonable parameters, more to have the whm keep up with the 18% chars. I did both Dyna D all 3 waves and odyssey both sheol c and gaol. I don't use Tako

I assume Draylo was referring to this https://github.com/Windower/Lua/issues/1836
Video from the issue

It is a bug in windower for the function fast follow uses.
By Typongtive 2021-10-22 16:37:35
Link | Citer | R

Starting to think the version I have is just the follow feature. My alt reacts the same as though I went and typed follow on it's screen. If it had done some of the stuff others have mentioned I would be like nope.
By Rubenator 2021-10-22 16:43:11
Link | Citer | R

It would depend on what version we're talking about. The main version that most people go to does not do anything like that as far as walking around goes. It simply knows where your character actually is without lag, and runs straight toward it. That's not really detectable server side at all.
The one thing it does do though, is when the leader zones, instead of following you across the zoneline, it injects the same zone packet without checking anything else, which is dangerous. In fact, it does it wrong across a few zone lines. Like for instance most of the zone lines in ruaun that take you to the bcnm entrances, if you zone with someone following you, chances are, they will zone into a different bcnm entrance than you.
(I've looked at the code very thoroughly -- in fact I've been coding a replacement that doesn't do bad things ;p)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-29 12:46:48
Link | Citer | R

This is a really ***thing to test or even really gather info on.

But, it SEEMS like the window is getting smaller. It was like 5 hours of activity on an unfocused screen. But now it's like 140ish minutes.

Only way I could get it to happen was overnight (at least 4 hours into inactivity) but now I can get it to come up in half the time. Left at 11:11 got home at 1:30 with the unfocused window 4006'd
 Leviathan.Wiccaan
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Wiccaan
By Leviathan.Wiccaan 2021-10-31 13:53:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Essylt said: »
EliteMMO seems convinced that this is stage 1 of a new anti-cheat effort.

This is a bit of a stretch. I simply gave players a heads up on it being potentially linked to anti-cheat measures based on what players were reporting when it happened to them.

Is anyone still seeing this issue happening? Haven't seen anyone reporting it since it first started now, seems more like a server connection issue at this point than anti-cheat-related since nothing seems to have come from it. (No reported bans, no consistent cause of being kicked etc.)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-31 13:55:30
Link | Citer | R

I can make it happen on purpose. And I can prevent it. But i'm still not sure what exactly is the reason.

I'm thinking they're tracking the character movements (more than they were previously) and after so many discrepancies or so much time passes with said discrepancies the error boots you.

Say for example, if I pos hack across the zone, pull a bunch of mobs and pos warp them back to where I was, I can sometimes get an instant 4006, but it's inconsistent. I've managed to do it 3 times out of maybe 20. It's also 100% consistent after ~5 hours EFing with the screen unfocused. (Screen unfocused is an important detail)

Per the previous post, it was working 100% of the time after 5 hours with speedhax set to 25%, but as over last week I have to turn speed down to 12.5% to get the full 5 hours, staying at 25% 4006's after only 2 hours. They changed it.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-10-31 13:59:59
Link | Citer | R

Mainly just use gearswap and /send, haven't seen this error code yet and haven't had any DC's on any characters for a long time.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-05 15:10:07
Link | Citer | R

They have shortened the window again, adjusted in some way.

Apparently no one really gives a damn though. Very much being done with a purpose.

I can only assume this is being primed for the new points as the new meta anti bot system, but I'm not really following the logic attempt.
By DaneBlood 2021-11-05 15:31:26
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Wiccaan said: »

This is a bit of a stretch. I simply gave players a heads up on it being potentially linked to anti-cheat measures based on what players were reporting when it happened to them.

Is anyone still seeing this issue happening? Haven't seen anyone reporting it since it first started now, seems more like a server connection issue at this point than anti-cheat-related since nothing seems to have come from it. (No reported bans, no consistent cause of being kicked etc.)

Yes i can 100% avoid it and 100% provoce it.
its speed

bad lag like dragging half the zone of mobs with you can provoke it to as it can make you look like you are pos hacking aka moving from one pot to another point in a big jump
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-05 15:39:11
Link | Citer | R

100% "movement irregularity" is the cause, but there's a secondary trigger, maybe multiple.

You can't just crank hax to 800% and get 4006'd, it has to be an amount of time and/or distance and/or irregularities per hour or something of the like. And it resets after a d/c and after zoning.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Coffeegood
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Coffeegood 2021-12-10 09:59:21
Link | Citer | R

Would be nice if they took a stronger stance, kinda sad when private servers have better security protocols lol, SQUIRM you sheeple!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-12-10 10:03:46
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Coffeegood said: »
Would be nice if they took a stronger stance, kinda sad when private servers have better security protocols lol, SQUIRM you sheeple!

It's time that we became uber-efficient with our interactive reciprocal matrix approaches.
 Sylph.Jtmoney
Serveur: Sylph
user: Jtmoney
By Sylph.Jtmoney 2021-12-10 11:11:21
Link | Citer | R

I know of someone who was banned a few days ago for hacking/botting SE said but Im not sure if that was a 4006 report or if someone reported him directly to STF via playonline web site.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-10 11:24:16
Link | Citer | R

Seeing as though it's easier to hit the *** mega millions than get the stf to give a ***, it's probably the former.
[+]
By flyingtaru 2021-12-10 14:16:55
Link | Citer | R

INCORRECT I've gotten the codes while being logged in and AFK without any such things loaded. So, it's not "100%" speed being the cause. I also know of many that had the same issue that don't use any speed tools.

DaneBlood said: »
Leviathan.Wiccaan said: »

Yes i can 100% avoid it and 100% provoce it.
its speed

bad lag like dragging half the zone of mobs with you can provoke it to as it can make you look like you are pos hacking aka moving from one pot to another point in a big jump
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-10 14:20:33
Link | Citer | R

Turning off speed 100% stopped 4006 from happening, so yeah, it's speed hax causing it.

I have not once seen a 4006 that wasn't directly related to movement. And having 20 screens open at all times, it's a safe bet I would've by now.

(*)Craft botting / skill botting may cause it, I don't know, I don't do it
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-12-14 21:30:20
Link | Citer | R

I've been getting this error while just AFKing over night bazaaring. I do have a browser open and the game in the background, it's really strange.

I got it like 6 times so far tonight >.>
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-14 21:43:57
Link | Citer | R

Be specific. Are you actually afk. or "afk"

I have never once seen an actual afk account get it. Sounds dumb but like afking in movement+ idle gear? afking with tako left on flee speed?

The only time it has ever happened is if a character is moving while not the primary focused screen, or "excessive" movement. Like if you bump your controller and your character moves while you watch a movie, that could cause it.

For example, if I hit 7 and run into a wall, if I then open notepad, in 2 hours almost exactly, 4006. Running faster, makes it 4006 faster.
Or if I leave an entire alliance afk and have one run in circles then open firefox, only the one running gets 4006 2 hours later.