First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-08-17 21:30:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They're spread out so each bot is always killing something, that's the optimal way. Like each of the 15 has a set path but they're all doing their own thing.

I believe crystals are capped at 6 per kill but all 15 collect the sparks. (the party leaders don't set the objective so they don't get the exp)
Can you level sync in an alliance?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-17 21:33:40
Link | Citer | R

Honestly don't know. There's no way to know if they're actually in an alliance, or just 3 parties, but seems like they would be, otherwise why would it be 18/36. Instead of 24, 30, 900 etc

I do know they are syncing though, when they go to sell they're level 50 capped

Edit; you must be able to sync in alli cause those 75 doods do content as an alliance, they have to be able to sync the alli. Each party leader can sync, not the entire alliance synced to one person, if that needed clarity.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-08-17 23:53:01
Link | Citer | R

Thats the part that I wasnt sure about if you could be in an ally and synced up. I guess as long as each party has a designated sync target, its allowed.
By Rips 2021-08-17 23:56:53
Link | Citer | R

I get that it’s double accolade right now, but I guess this is still OP even if the campaign wasn’t on. Probably not as many dumps per day, but profit is profit.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-18 05:18:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
When you looked. Yeah. They come and go. Part of the whole evading a ban thing. Like every 3rd day off or something. Paying attention but not "attention" to them.

I don't know about him, but I took an actual look at them to see how harmful they actually are (and whether it's worth coding something to either grief or report them). Checked 4x a day, went from consistant 22-25 alliances on Saturday and Sunday, to none since Monday 6am. I'd guess it's not so much 'evading a ban' as 'getting banned', personally.

SE might be incompetent, but we all know how easy a target these characters are. They can't even anon, all you have to do is /sea all 8-15 and pick out the level sync parties. It's easy enough even a caveman square-enix intern can do it.

They probably use significant manpower(sweatshop) to set them up during the week, start farming over the weekend, and get banned on monday. Worth it for chinese laborers or if the process of account creation is automated, not such a good deal for people who's time has value. Also possible they just got hit once right after you made this thread, but the timing seems awfully tight. They only seem to show up when account keys are on sale.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-18 07:03:01
Link | Citer | R

RMT mad other RMT are selling gil and pushing down the price of gil they are selling.

Glorious.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-18 07:07:48
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
RMT mad other RMT are selling gil and pushing down the price of gil they are selling.

Glorious.

Shitposter mad he always gets shown to be a shitposter, taking any chance to make attacks because he can't win with logic. Wouldn't say glorious, more like .. disappointing?
By Chaplin 2021-08-18 07:35:04
Link | Citer | R

Oh the irony.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-18 07:48:29
Link | Citer | R

I made an on-topic post in a topic I've barely touched, adding new information to the topic. RadialArcana jumps in because he's consistantly posting blatantly wrong information and being corrected by me, so he thinks he has a chance to 'win' forum points or whatever by insulting me.

You have 24 posts, 1/8 of which are specifically attacking me, over 75% of which are insulting someone or another in some manner, and 0 of which add anything to any conversation. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a sock account, but whether or not that is the case you have no moral or intellectual high ground here.
[+]
By Chaplin 2021-08-18 08:01:18
Link | Citer | R

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Captain Irony
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-18 08:08:01
Link | Citer | R

I just realized... RMT only works if people are actually buying the gil in the first place. In this day and age, who the heck is actually doing the buying?
 Odin.Foxmulder
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-18 08:10:38
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I just realized... RMT only works if people are actually buying the gil in the first place. In this day and age, who the heck is actually doing the buying?

Older people with their "no time!" or "my time is more valuable" excuses and spoiled children.
[+]
By Chaplin 2021-08-18 08:11:28
Link | Citer | R

I see plenty who do. Some openly admit it and don’t care what anyone says or thinks while some make it overly obvious. When you get that guy in your LS who hardly plays yet somehow makes several AG relic weapons raises a red flag.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-18 08:13:30
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
Older people with their "no time!" or "my time is more valuable" excuses and spoiled children.
You'd think those people would be on private servers with the faster leveling-up and presumably easier means to multi-box, though.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-18 08:15:32
Link | Citer | R

no time is a pretty valid excuse considering the average ffxi player is likely 35.

it's kind of funny that a bunch of ff14 players are chiming in on this topic. the game plagued with pay to win story skips and mounts and items.

it's only ok if the game is selling it to you, right?

lmao
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-18 08:16:56
Link | Citer | R

Spending money is factually the most optimal way to play. There is no way possible to make 10m an hour for the 99% but it's relatively simple to get $10 per hour selling your body into wageslavery. Simple enough logically.

We're all about min/maxing and all that. So you know, if you aren't buying, you're not maximizing. That makes you gimp.
[+]
By Chaplin 2021-08-18 08:18:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tsm said: »
no time is a pretty valid excuse considering the average ffxi player is likely 35.

it's kind of funny that a bunch of ff14 players are chiming in on this topic. the game plagued with pay to win story skips and mounts and items.

lmao

While not advocating for the practice, the concept that people grow older and free time diminishes is lost on some. Not all of us are 35+ and still live with their parents.
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-18 08:19:35
Link | Citer | R

Or some of us are adults and still think you should earn what you gain?
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-18 08:21:45
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
Or some of us are adults and still think you should earn what you gain?
i hope you put down that big mac and get out there and hunt a deer to eat with your bare hands champ.

what a stupid thought to hold from a ff14 player (game who literally sells these things from the company) on a 20 year old game.

Chaplin said: »
I see plenty who do. Some openly admit it and don’t care what anyone says or thinks while some make it overly obvious. When you get that guy in your LS who hardly plays yet somehow makes several AG relic weapons raises a red flag.

AG relic weapon is like 30m. you couldn't have picked a less expensive example if you tried
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-18 08:23:17
Link | Citer | R

I've played exactly two months of XIV since ARR's launch. Not my cup of tea.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-18 08:43:21
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I made an on-topic post in a topic I've barely touched, adding new information to the topic. RadialArcana jumps in because he's consistantly posting blatantly wrong information and being corrected by me, so he thinks he has a chance to 'win' forum points or whatever by insulting me.

What? you say yourself you do it all the time! You openly say it, or how would I know?

Also I don't care if you correct me if I'm wrong in posts about apps or whatever, I'm not trying to win points on a forum and I'm not insulting you. Take a chill pill, I'm just givin you a poke as I do with everyone from time to time.

I have no problem with you at all actually, or anyone on this forum for that matter. Just cause I give you the business or we have a disagreement, doesn't mean I have a problem with you.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-18 08:48:24
Link | Citer | R

lmao
I don't get the concept of skipping the game, and it absolutely blows my mind that people would pay to do so. It's not enough that you've paid for the game and subscribed to pay on a monthly basis, but then you go out and pay more so you can dust your hands and pretend you had fun?

I guess it depends on the game, though. If the whole game leading up to "end-game" is shyte, then I suppose you could say you're skipping the tutorial. But on the other hand, why even bother having a leveling system at all if you couldn't be assed to make it fun and/or satisfying in the first place? Why not just start everyone off at the level cap, if not for charging your playerbase even more money to do so?
By Chaplin 2021-08-18 08:56:17
Link | Citer | R

lmao
I don't get the concept of skipping the game, and it absolutely blows my mind that people would pay to do so. It's not enough that you've paid for the game and subscribed to pay on a monthly basis, but then you go out and pay more so you can dust your hands and pretend you had fun?

I guess it depends on the game, though. If the whole game leading up to "end-game" is shyte, then I suppose you could say you're skipping the tutorial. But on the other hand, why even bother having a leveling system at all if you couldn't be assed to make it fun and/or satisfying in the first place? Why not just start everyone off at the level cap, if not for charging your playerbase even more money to do so?

People cheating are skipping the game too. People who are afk while their game farms or CPs for them are just as guilty. People want to stick out amongst crowds.
By Draylo 2021-08-18 09:01:10
Link | Citer | R

I can see paying to skip content you dislike but to skip everything seems a little silly but then again they always say its their 12.95(more like their 100+ while 6 boxing) and they can have fun how they want to.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-18 09:13:57
Link | Citer | R

People cheating are skipping the game too. People who are afk while their game farms or CPs for them are just as guilty. People want to stick out amongst crowds.
Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying. I just don't get where it ends. Theoretically someone could buy a character with every job at 99, every REMA complete, most/all of the best gear for each one. But then what? When you're done the game, it's over.

There's no magical point where a game becomes better or less grindy. If you don't like the grind, then obviously the game isn't for you. And in that case, why are you spending money to play it if you're just going to spend more money to skip it?
[+]
 Siren.Dekoda
Serveur: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2021-08-18 09:38:58
Link | Citer | R

Why not employ counter bots to go around and kill all of their mobs before the RMT can get to them? We can work together and outnumber them
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-18 09:44:36
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Dekoda said: »
Why not employ counter bots to go around and kill all of their mobs before the RMT can get to them? We can work together and outnumber them
[+]
By Chaplin 2021-08-18 09:52:27
Link | Citer | R

If you don't like the grind, then obviously the game isn't for you. And in that case, why are you spending money to play it if you're just going to spend more money to skip it?

The winning comment here.

People want to give off the illusion that they’re “top tier” and paying or cheating to do so is a quick way to do just that.

I’ve seen it in several games. This one is prominent since people want to earn those AH points on their character. People in WoW wanting to show off achievements in their armory that they didn’t earn from buying carries. People playing Magic, building decks they read about from the pro tour, claiming them as their own designs.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-18 10:22:08
Link | Citer | R

joemamma said: »
Yea ffxi is the most grindy MMO I can think of. Why the filthy casuals go to XIV and other MMO games.

Memes and jokes aside, most people that play FFXI right now are pretty casual. Not talking about this forum, but the population in general.

Which is why trusts are so popular.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14