New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 37 38 39
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-07-14 06:57:43
Link | Citer | R

Watch them not change the drop rate at all, lie about it, and change it to 30 just because they are just mad people are steamrolling through what they thought was hard content so fast and they are upping the merits simply to throttle everyone's progress

"lol, they thought this was as hard as lilith? Losers!"

"Oh yeah! Well enjoy doing it at the pace we expected! *ups merits*"
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-14 07:24:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
A blu can get 70 merits for a party faster than 2 people can beat shinryu. Raising from 10-30 does jack and ***.

If they also triple droprates, it increases the rate at which people will cap out by 3. So, it will still have an effect on how long it's congested for.

Granted, with people spending 20 minutes to solo VD, I don't anticipate Asura being a short wait anytime soon. Never mind that anyone with a halfass dev in their shell is going to have an auto-entry tool.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-14 07:46:38
Link | Citer | R

I mean yeah, technically it works that way. Triple the drop rate, means you should get it faster.

Then again, going from .1 to .3 is still 99% lolnope
By Shichishito 2021-07-14 07:54:43
Link | Citer | R

did they even announce the drop rates befor the changes? if they didn't avereith's theory isn't far feteched at all.

my entertainment budget this month is going elsewhere.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-07-14 08:05:20
Link | Citer | R

Not really, they don't work that way.

If they didn't want to increase drop rates they just wouldn't.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-14 08:15:19
Link | Citer | R

If they triple the drop rates the impact will kind of depend on how low they were to begin with. If stuff loaded at half a percent rate then 1.5% drop rate isn't all that different. If it was 2% then a 6% chance is a much bigger increase.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-14 08:44:56
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Not really, they don't work that way.

If they didn't want to increase drop rates they just wouldn't.

It's not like they've ever lied before

Oh wait
By SimonSes 2021-07-14 08:46:53
Link | Citer | R

Watch them increase drop chance, which is high already, but leave distribution the same..
[+]
 Garuda.Finuve
Serveur: Garuda
user: Finuve
By Garuda.Finuve 2021-07-14 09:01:21
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
The drop rate change better be pretty significant at 30 merits per fight!

They will just x3 it, and seeing how rare the drop rate seems to be that's not saying a lot.
it really needs to be more than 3x for this to not be a net negative. Farming merits every 2 runs instead of 7 is a much bigger slowdown than just a merit increase of 3x, even with a BLU farming merits.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-07-14 09:04:34
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Watch them increase drop chance, which is high already, but leave distribution the same..

they specifically said they weren't
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-14 09:15:24
Link | Citer | R

Say
Do
Translation

Vary from almost accurate to "not even close" to "lol we forgot, our bad"

It's not about "what they say" it's about "how" they say it and what they dont say.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-14 09:18:06
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Finuve said: »
KujahFoxfire said: »
The drop rate change better be pretty significant at 30 merits per fight!

They will just x3 it, and seeing how rare the drop rate seems to be that's not saying a lot.
it really needs to be more than 3x for this to not be a net negative. Farming merits every 2 runs instead of 7 is a much bigger slowdown than just a merit increase of 3x, even with a BLU farming merits.
No? Per drop, with a x3 drop rate and merit coat, the total farming time is about the same, but the time spent on the actual fights is 1/3 as much.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-14 09:22:49
Link | Citer | R

They're saying that you can't spend 70 merits.

You can only do 2 fights instead of 7, that means every "set" you're getting screwed out of 1 fight worth. (2x3 < 7x1)

(but if you go in with one held, then cap, you get 9 fights worth) But that means from zero, you have to cap, buy, then regain 20 more, then go start.
By Shichishito 2021-07-14 09:23:49
Link | Citer | R

true, reducing entries with full merits from 7 to 2 but only increasing droprates x3 doesn't sound like a buff. on top of it it doesn't resolve congestion, it just drags it to the optimal merit refill spot, escha zi'tah #2.

also plottwist, they only increased drop chance for accessories and they share slots with armor and weapons.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-14 09:49:37
Link | Citer | R

They're saying that you can't spend 70 merits.

You can only do 2 fights instead of 7, that means every "set" you're getting screwed out of 1 fight worth. (2x3 < 7x1)

(but if you go in with one held, then cap, you get 9 fights worth) But that means from zero, you have to cap, buy, then regain 20 more, then go start.
It's not as much of a boost as if it lined up, but the time saved in doing less actual fights per drop (assuming it's an actual legitimate +200% increase per fight) would easily make up for the slightly higher proportion of farming trips. Comparing one merit dump of 7 x1 fights vs 2 x3 fighte means x1 gets ~86% of the drops but ~29% of the fight time, grab KI time, and spam portal for entrance time (or rather, even less portal spam that than because other people are also doing it less)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-14 10:36:15
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
SimonSes said: »

they specifically said they weren't

Where?

They said they increasing the drop rate of equipment. Rings, earrings and ammo is also equipment. If they increase the chance for something to drop on VE, E and N and make 100% drop for one slot on D and 2 slots on VD, then that's still bad, because drop was already high, but the distribution of weapons/armor is what's terrible. I don't know Japanese, but there was noting in translation saying they will increase distribution of armor and weapons in comparison to accessories.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-07-14 10:40:07
Link | Citer | R

Are they going to change it next month? Or emergency maint?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-14 10:43:05
Link | Citer | R

Already did it

(I think, lol, there was a sysmes this morning but I didn't bother to actually look at what it said....)

Oh the sysmes was the bonanza message I bet, derp, nvm
[+]
By Mrxi 2021-07-14 10:48:07
Link | Citer | R

Already did it
what did they do? still costing me 10 merits
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2021-07-14 10:49:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
Are they going to change it next month? Or emergency maint?
Try reading what they provided.

Quote:
We'll perform an emergency maintenance to apply this change once it's ready for implementation.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-14 11:36:15
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
If they triple the drop rates the impact will kind of depend on how low they were to begin with. If stuff loaded at half a percent rate then 1.5% drop rate isn't all that different. If it was 2% then a 6% chance is a much bigger increase.

It really isn't. No matter what the original rate, if you triple it, you reduce the number of runs required to obtain what you intended to obtain by 2/3 on average.

This means people will get their desired drop[s], leave, and reduce congestion. It's not going to solve Asura overnight, but it's both making your rewards over time comparable to what they would've been without congestion and increasing the rate at which congestion is resolved.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-07-14 11:54:58
Link | Citer | R

Should increase merits to 70 per try. 30 is for amateurs.
[+]
By Mrxi 2021-07-14 11:55:20
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Grind for the sake of grind isn't really outside SE's wheelhouse. Too bad people make ***up for attention though, makes it really tough to tell if procs are a thing or not until on video. Could always be something loosely based on abyssea though, has anyone tried doing red yellow and blue procs for the window?
It wasnt for attention. like i said i thought i saw one but it was that red tp move theres also a blue one that looks like proc, funny how the 1 i think i saw it on finally dropped tho, sorry for confusion.
By joemamma 2021-07-14 11:56:20
Link | Citer | R

We have increased the drop rate of armor/weapons from 0.1% to 0.2% thank you for your patience.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-14 11:59:58
Link | Citer | R

Mrxi said: »
It wasnt for attention. like i said i thought i saw one but it was that red tp move theres also a blue one that looks like proc, funny how the 1 i think i saw it on finally dropped tho, sorry for confusion.
Wasn't calling anyone specific out there, there were at least 2 people who said they saw procs.
[+]
By Mrxi 2021-07-14 12:52:58
Link | Citer | R

The view is really bad because its so huge so they probably all saw same thing i did. some bright flashy red tp move.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2021-07-14 13:46:22
Link | Citer | R

joemamma said: »
Should increase merits to 70 per try. 30 is for amateurs.

I'd love to spend 70 merits for a 7x increase in droprate. I don't know why people are complaining provided the ratio of merits to droprate are increased linearly.

I can farm 70 merits considerably faster than I can complete 7 bc's. So theoretically over time I'll obtain these items considerably faster than under the original cost/droprate.

For everyone that's upset by the change. Would you be happy if they changed the droprate to 1 merit point, but reduced the droprate by 1/10 of the original shitty droprate? If not, why are up upset that the change is going in the other direction?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-14 13:47:51
Link | Citer | R

You're highlighting the problem.

It's raised to alleviate congestion. it does not do that. Whether it costs 1 or 1000 merits, the drop rate doesn't matter if you cant enter the damn fight.

Merits can be obtained faster than a person get beat it.

Allow me to suggest the "enter the zone and stay there until the timer expires" approach. They'll put some queue on that *** faster you can say "I've been trying to enter for 30 minutes!"
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2021-07-14 14:07:36
Link | Citer | R

As was pointed out to you above, the increased droprates gets people out of the BC lobby faster. Less people in the lobby = less congestion. Even if there was a queue system, there would still be congestion but you'd at least have a "line".

Meanwhile...

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 37 38 39