New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 37 38 39
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-07-10 17:53:28
Link | Citer | R

Standard Ambuscade capes have been around for years now, it shouldn't still be the best for 95% of situations. It's about time SE releases something stronger, and it's not like it would invalidate JSE capes altogether. They are easy to make, while getting a drop from an annoying HTB isn't, especially for players who aren't geared enough to join these fights.
By Chimerawizard 2021-07-10 18:08:27
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Felgarr said: »
Asura.Nuance said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I cant imagine SE making an all-mage's cape that will invalidate a bunch of ambu capes, not while Ambu is still a primary event.

That's why it's exactly what they WOULD do. It makes no sense.

I don't think they will, just to be clear. But going against simple logic is what they always do.

Would be the nicest thing they could possibly do to blm

Augmented Aurist's Cape +1 says hi:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Aurist's_Cape_+1
Thats not better...

You should have mentioned augmented Fi Follet +1 with its fast cast, but you didnt.
Aurist's is definitely better if it's just magic acc you're worried about. Not by much though.

I got rid of my precast+enfeeble cape on blu/sch/geo thanks to aurist's & Fi Follet. Turned three capes into two. If I had whm & blm geared it'd have been 5 > 2.
[+]
By Heck 2021-07-12 17:10:51
Link | Citer | R

Did VD with THF COR BRD WHM GEO RUN.

HM, Minuet x2, Dark Carol. Chaos/Sam Roll. WHM hastes. Melee zerged it in 2-3 min. Was laughably easy if you want the kill on VD. It dropped Pebble x2 as well, seems the Ammo/Ring are the most common drops.

Later in the day I did VE on THF about 4 times with AAEV, Mon, Yag, Jao, and Sylvie. Won in about 5 minutes TH9 0 drops.

As I was browsing youtube I saw a JP video of a RDM soloing it on I think normal mode. I tried out on RDM/NIN on D and won with about 12 minutes left. I only used aura trusts and Croc Enspell setup and only Sanguine Bladed. Standard debuffs of Frazzle/Distract 3, Slow 2, Para 2, Addle 2, Silence and Dia 3. Fight was pretty smooth, the only moment of panic was when doom didn't want to come off after 8 holy waters. I recommend bringing at least 2 stacks of remedies, 5 stacks of holy water and 2 stacks of panaceas. I also got no drops at all from it with TH4.
 Asura.Hya
Serveur: Asura
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-07-12 18:11:45
Link | Citer | R

Did 3 VD runs. Earring, ring, and pebble dropped with only TH4. The first two runs had a time limit of 15 hours. We didn't need that much time. Third run had a 20 min time limit I think. When his wings are down he's a joke. When his wings are up, he can get out of control with Mighty Guard and too many people feeding TP. Doom is 10 count and manageable. We had a few people die, and I was able to hold it easily as whm with nyame DT set. No hints at all as to how to get non-accessories to drop.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-12 18:22:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hya said: »
he first two runs had a time limit of 15 hours. We didn't need that much time.
I am happy you made that clear.

I found that way to funny
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-12 18:23:18
Link | Citer | R

That time is a bug. One char (maybe the one that enter first, will always have proper time left.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-07-12 18:27:13
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
That time is a bug. One char (maybe the one that enter first, will always have proper time left.
This tracks, as I was the one to gain entry for the third run that displayed a reasonable amount of battlefield time.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-07-12 20:09:30
Link | Citer | R

Far as I can tell our group didn't proc.
[+]
By dontclickme 2021-07-12 20:15:31
Link | Citer | R

Did a handful of VDs during blunt proc window. I cycled through all the listed weaponskills a few times each fight, got zero proc's and no notifications from discernment.

TH also seems meaningless.

Edit: Can be fully enfeebled, including silence and sleep.
[+]
 Bahamut.Neb
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2021-07-12 21:44:41
Link | Citer | R

TH9 No Proc
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-07-12 21:45:48
Link | Citer | R

Just adding my small sample size from my runs today.

6 Easy Runs. Got 2 Drops Ring and Ammo

2 Normal Runs. Lost on both due to Trust being unable to stay alive on this difficulty. Soloing will definitely involve the ability to cure yourself as otherwise it wasn't hard at this difficulty. Trust HP/MP event may also help with this situation.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-07-12 22:38:55
Link | Citer | R

I think at this point it's safe to say Shinryu has two gear drop slots and all the gear is shared with accessories having the highest priority over weapons & armor (in that order).
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-07-12 22:48:46
Link | Citer | R

Did anyone find out if the Dread Spikes stat on the scythe stays active if you switch weapon?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2021-07-12 23:06:35
Link | Citer | R

I'll test that out in a moment but I doubt it, but also to confirm, Scythe enchantment does not affect WS as expected.

edit: I guess someone else will have to test this? I'm not sure of a consistent method to find out how it works. I'm seeing dread spikes absorbing full hp all the time on apex crabs/pugils with or without the scythe equipped, and no bonus gear equipped during cast.
[+]
 Valefor.Tommygun
Serveur: Valefor
user: Solegna
By Valefor.Tommygun 2021-07-12 23:48:46
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know what the Physical dmg cap +3% actually does on the ammo?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-07-13 00:07:36
Link | Citer | R

Its probably the same as physical damage limit, just a new localization intern unfamiliar with the terms in english.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-07-13 01:45:37
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone seen a proc on this guy yet, I saw people saying no proc on their treasure pools, but was just wondering if procing is even a thing in this one? I didnt read every post tho TL;DR.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-13 06:37:49
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »
I'll test that out in a moment but I doubt it, but also to confirm, Scythe enchantment does not affect WS as expected.

edit: I guess someone else will have to test this? I'm not sure of a consistent method to find out how it works. I'm seeing dread spikes absorbing full hp all the time on apex crabs/pugils with or without the scythe equipped, and no bonus gear equipped during cast.
It's almost certainly an increase to the total absorption cap, not the per-hit absorption cap.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-07-13 07:27:59
Link | Citer | R

Anyone had the cloak drop yet? I'm guessing it's still just impact 1 for the same amount of MP etc but would be nice if it wasn't.

The MP cost is annoying.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-07-13 07:32:07
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Anyone had the cloak drop yet? I'm guessing it's still just impact 1 for the same amount of MP etc but would be nice if it wasn't.

The MP cost is annoying.
I personally like the mp cost of impact for occult acumen reasons.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-07-13 08:36:54
Link | Citer | R

Sheesh... looked at this thread for info on the new fight...

started skipping pages to check the timestamp... because there are 6 pages of speculation 1/2 of page of information :D

How am I supposed to complain about people being to lazy to read the thread when the thread is made way too soon and has so many pages of no info?
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-13 09:07:01
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Sheesh... looked at this thread for info on the new fight...

started skipping pages to check the timestamp... because there are 6 pages of speculation 1/2 of page of information :D

How am I supposed to complain about people being to lazy to read the thread when the thread is made way too soon and has so many pages of no info?

I hope that's a joke
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-07-13 09:08:24
Link | Citer | R

... you can't tell?
By SimonSes 2021-07-13 09:58:06
Link | Citer | R

Sarcasm doesn't work well on forum. Usually it helps if you hear person speaking it.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-07-13 12:59:18
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Logical said: »

2 Normal Runs. Lost on both due to Trust being unable to stay alive on this difficulty. Soloing will definitely involve the ability to cure yourself as otherwise it wasn't hard at this difficulty. Trust HP/MP event may also help with this situation.

I found N to be agonizingly slow compared to E. Issue was less my trusts being unable to handle the damage as it was the sheer amount of time involved leading to eventually getting unlucky with Doom.
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-07-13 13:05:42
Link | Citer | R

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Phoenix.Logical said: »

I found N to be agonizingly slow compared to E. Issue was less my trusts being unable to handle the damage as it was the sheer amount of time involved leading to eventually getting unlucky with Doom.

Ahh yes, don't even have to deal with Doom on easy from my expereince. Now up to 3 drops in 9 runs so looks like it's Easy spam for me. I will do normal just to say I did it but agreed, Easy looks to be where it's at.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2021-07-13 13:06:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »

It's almost certainly an increase to the total absorption cap, not the per-hit absorption cap.

This sounds correct, especially since there was no notable difference to the spikes HP return with or without scythe. I'll test it again today, but if what you're saying is true, then it should only need to be worn on cast.

As far as the fight goes- bring a good WHM and smack it. We did WHM BRD COR RUN THF SAM. It was pretty straightforward on VD. Most of his moves have long animations so its easy to cure through. We probably didn't need a tank either.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-13 13:54:41
Link | Citer | R

but if what you're saying is true, then it should only need to be worn on cast

That's exactly how the empyrean body(+1) operates. It wouldn't be very useful if you had to keep the scythe equipped to retain the effect.
By SimonSes 2021-07-13 14:07:21
Link | Citer | R

It's still not that useful. Switching weapon for cast is not ideal. You lose AM and TP. Also Dread Spikes is kinda strong enough already, especially if you have additional HP from drain III. I would probably only use it before the fight or maybe if I already switch weapon to cast something else like Drain III or Absorb.
 Asura.Umioki
user: umii
By Asura.Umioki 2021-07-13 14:18:47
Link | Citer | R

Lute soloing Shinryu VD...
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 37 38 39