Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 15:28:06
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The most important is does it work offhand, and it's not a derail.. it's the point of the thread. Discussing the prize(s)..... that literally no one will ever have.

Yes since it was a "trashcan prize" can use in either hand.

If it works offhand that takes it out of the trashcan and makes it way cooler. Not good but significantly better.
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-04-13 15:35:41
Link | Citer | R

The most important is does it work offhand, and it's not a derail.. it's the point of the thread. Discussing the prize(s)..... that literally no one will ever have.

If it works offhand that takes it out of the trashcan and makes it way cooler. Not good but significantly better.
I sincerely dont understand this, so I'm asking. How is giving shadows to front line jobs constantly not a good thing? A lot of ppl are asking about enmity but I dont understand that either. This opens NIN up to be a DD/MBer/Shadower right?

I mean, I dont know the meta for NIN if there is one, but putting NIN on front line could even take away the need for DT/Hybrid sets?

Just asking!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 15:40:47
Link | Citer | R

It's really as simple as shadows don't matter.

A meta party is DD and 5 buffers. That DD is not a ninja, and if it was, none of the buffers care about shadows.

For a off-meta party, again, no one really cares about shadows. Every job has 50 DT, every job has +1000 HP, and no one (*) wants to take a ninja to anything, anyway.

Anything that matters is AOE and wipes shadows.

It's not the "end all, always" and it's not "how I play I like ninja" That's just the reality of the state of play.

Being that it works offhand makes it aight doe. That effect is situationally worth giving up your ternion/tpbonus. It was a solid pass as a mainhand affect and really unexpected to work offhand.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-04-13 15:47:46
Link | Citer | R

Agreed, with how awful Utsusemi is as of right now and being wiped by almost every single AoE attack, it's lost the usefulness, especially for AoE shadows.
However, if enmity works similar to Job abilities where it's the same VE/CE added per person Utsusemi hits, then it could make NIN an even more viable main tank for keeping hate.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-04-13 16:07:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »

I sincerely dont understand this, so I'm asking. How is giving shadows to front line jobs constantly not a good thing? A lot of ppl are asking about enmity but I dont understand that either. This opens NIN up to be a DD/MBer/Shadower right?

I mean, I dont know the meta for NIN if there is one, but putting NIN on front line could even take away the need for DT/Hybrid sets?

Just asking!
Meta can't think past their own meta, I want one... Because in the real meta meta, your cor is a front liner, and your geo is a front line, and your brd is a front line, etc.

And indeed, all that enmity, if it's there, would keep yonin relevant.

Also is it party only? Or alliance? Hello group content with multiple mobs coming from all sides is still a thing. Enmity reset is a thing.
By Ruaumoko 2021-04-13 16:47:33
Link | Citer | R

If the Yagyu works in the offhand then that's a big deal even if it only gives x3 shadows on Utsusemi: San. I know it's a big ask but if someone can sort you out with a Fudo Masamune main hand it and see if you get the Attack Bonus from the shadows you give other people. If it does give the Attack from those shadows then it stands to reason it also gives you the Enmity + for each shadow when on the C Path.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-13 17:04:29
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
If it does give the Attack from those shadows then it stands to reason it also gives you the Enmity + for each shadow when on the C Path.

Fudo Path C doesn't operate that way. You don't get enmity for each shadow created on C path. You only get the enmity for the current number of shadows you already have. Since the shadows are on other players, I have doubts you would get any new enmity from creating a second set of shadows on top of the first.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Fudo_Masamune
Quote:
Enmity bonus from AugRank25.png Path C is based on the number of shadows at the time of casting/using a Job Ability.
Meaning that should you have 2 shadows and cast Utsusemi: San, you will only have +20 enmity for the gain in enmity from casting Utsusemi: San, not the full bonus from the new set of shadows.
With 3 shadows, and using the ability Provoke, with no other Enmity+, you will gain +1/2340 CE/VE (e.g. Enmity+30).

I think what we really want to know is if the Yonin enmity bonus for creating shadows is multiplied by Yagyu Darkness's Utsusemi extension effect. Path C Fudo should have nothing to do with enmity as far as other shadows are created using Yagyu.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-04-13 17:41:01
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
AoE Physical TP moves will take multiple shadows, but also are absorbed, typically this is 2-3 shadows.

Any remaining multiple or AoE physical attacks that consume shadows, but are not fully absorbed are received as damage for that hit.

AoE magic is the only type of monster move that clears all utsusemi shadows, it also applies damage if applicable.
utsusemi still can block certain AoE abilities or reduce their damage even if it it whipes all or more than one shadow in the process.

if NIN can keep up everyones shadows in melee range it's still a good improvement in terms of safety and for fights where utsusemi is mandatory it's a big DPS gain since only the NIN spends time recasting shadows every few seconds and the rest can change to more damage oriented subjobs.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-04-13 19:33:32
Link | Citer | R

A meta party is DD and 5 buffers. That DD is not a ninja, and if it was, none of the buffers care about shadows.

Meta party for what? Aeonic farm? Its 2021, Odyssey is the new endgame now and every V15 Gaol NM at Atonement 3 and 4 (beside maybe shark) uses tank. If that Katana multiply Utsusemi enmity from Yonin x number of people getting shadows, then NIN has highest enmity generator among all tanks. At the same time NIN offers inhibit TP ninjutsu, can Magic Burst in needed and reduces TP that mob gets from doing melee attacks to 0, because you provides shadows for everyone (and low tp feed is part of the strategy for almost all A3 NMs), so even in case of hate reset, dd will shadows tank thanks to NIN cycle shadows and NIN will be getting hate back at the same time. Testing if enmity from shadows is multiplied by number of people getting shadows is the most important thing with this katana, because it changes everything for NIN tank.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-04-13 23:29:04
Link | Citer | R

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/21927/yagyu-darkblade

Owned:

https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Nitenichi

1 Person on AH.
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-04-14 08:36:35
Link | Citer | R

For mules that won rank 1 - Has anyone evaluated which craft gains the most from kupo shield? In terms of HQ tier bump for valuable items from the extra skill
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-04-14 08:48:06
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flowen said: »
For mules that won rank 1 - Has anyone evaluated which craft gains the most from kupo shield? In terms of HQ tier bump for valuable items from the extra skill

can answer that without even looking. Its not about what it does to your main skill, its about a very small handful of crafts where gaining both skill to your main and subcraft allows for a new tier.

Its a very fun toy, but its not all of a sudden going to make you competitive or have an advantage over a final-form shield owner.
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-04-14 09:06:33
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Shiva.Flowen said: »

can answer that without even looking. Its not about what it does to your main skill, its about a very small handful of crafts where gaining both skill to your main and subcraft allows for a new tier.

Its a very fun toy, but its not all of a sudden going to make you competitive or have an advantage over a final-form shield owner.

In addition to the subcraft gains which I totally agree with, there will be a few recipes where you will go from t1 to t2 or t0 to t1 vs a final form shield owner too. Yes you cant HQ or break like the final form shield, but the HQ rate could be significantly better. I think the question is which crafts have the most valuable recipes in this narrow window of opportunity. It also isn't just a vs final form shield question because a shield is the largest effort commitment in the game.. I was hoping someone had already analyzed this to save me from doing so to be honest!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-14 09:52:30
Link | Citer | R

Also the majority of stuff where that "new tier thanks to +3 skill to main AND sub" mattered was a few abjuration gear, right?

Not sure that hardly matters anymore, those items are old nowadays, highly depriced, way less demand than you would get 3+ years ago etc.
So if looking at the future I'm not even sure you'd want to bother with it thinkin the Kupo Shield would be a money printing machine
[+]
By Nyaanu 2021-04-14 11:51:56
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Meta party for what? Aeonic farm? Its 2021, Odyssey is the new endgame now and every V15 Gaol NM at Atonement 3 and 4 (beside maybe shark) uses tank. If that Katana multiply Utsusemi enmity from Yonin x number of people getting shadows, then NIN has highest enmity generator among all tanks. At the same time NIN offers inhibit TP ninjutsu, can Magic Burst in needed and reduces TP that mob gets from doing melee attacks to 0, because you provides shadows for everyone (and low tp feed is part of the strategy for almost all A3 NMs), so even in case of hate reset, dd will shadows tank thanks to NIN cycle shadows and NIN will be getting hate back at the same time. Testing if enmity from shadows is multiplied by number of people getting shadows is the most important thing with this katana, because it changes everything for NIN tank.

I wish I knew why any of you are even still responding to Eiryl on this matter. At best, he is wrong and will not admit it as evidenced by his numerous stubborn attempts hto strawman/reframe/spin the matter. At worst, and more likely, he is trolling you.

In either event, it is equally a waste of your time.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-14 11:55:49
Link | Citer | R

Being that it works offhand makes it aight doe.

Maybe I missed it. Where did Nitenichi indicate that it works in the offhand?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-14 12:14:38
Link | Citer | R

I don't know if that "confirms" it, but sounds like it
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2021-04-14 12:48:15
Link | Citer | R

It works offhand.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-15 13:20:39
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Pearls Sold: 82,289 Pearls

Total Gil: 16,457,800,000

Was it one per character this month? I didn't even buy any this time.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-15 13:26:28
Link | Citer | R

One per character, yeah
By Pantafernando 2021-04-15 14:29:20
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Quote:
Pearls Sold: 82,289 Pearls

Total Gil: 16,457,800,000

Was it one per character this month? I didn't even buy any this time.

It was the new model bonanza.

Instead of 10 marbles for 5 digits, now its one for 3 digits.

Also, suposelly they would do bonanzas more often through the year, so overall, this increase your chances to earn big prize in a shorter amount of time
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-15 14:43:37
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
suposelly they would do bonanzas more often through the year, so overall, this increase your chances to earn big prize in a shorter amount of time

Yeah, just seems like another one of their cheap way of siphoning money out of the game for their ultimate plan of drying up RMT resources. Tying good rewards to this process is lame. It's basically a way of taxing real players for the greater good. You get tricked into playing, cuz sogood rewards, while slowly, gil gets pulled out of the game.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-12 00:08:14
Link | Citer | R

According to the JP wiki, Fast Blade II is:

2 hits, fTP transfer
Fusion
80% DEX
1.8/3.5/5.0
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-06-12 01:35:25
Link | Citer | R

This was already posted and discussed in this thread in February tho :)
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-12 08:41:21
Link | Citer | R

Oh, was it? Thought I had kept myself up to date on this thread. Oops, oh well.
By SimonSes 2021-06-12 10:08:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Oh, was it? Thought I had kept myself up to date on this thread. Oops, oh well.

Happens to everyone :)
It's on page 6 if you are interested.
 Sylph.Reain
Serveur: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2021-06-14 21:15:39
Link | Citer | R

Bonanza pearl sales are gonna end soon.

Pearl sales period: Monday, May 17, 2021, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Tuesday, June 15, at the same hour.

P.S. Watch out for that emergency maintenance.
By Draylo 2021-06-15 01:30:54
Link | Citer | R

I forgot :(
By Guyford 2021-06-15 01:44:15
Link | Citer | R

You still have an hour
By Rips 2021-06-15 01:50:29
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I forgot :(

How is such a thing possible? You’re like this games online #1 representative.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22