Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-15 12:06:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Shiva.Mutih said: »
The odds of Bard's empy body getting DD stats are pretty low, but that's a possibility.
You have a certain amount of time to claim your prize, not sure how much, at least 1 month?

If you care for BRD I'd go for Ashera Harness (which is pretty nice for RUN as well).
Cat's Eye is valuable but it's something you can easily obtain on your own bit by bit. Ashera Harness on the other hand could escape your grasp for YEARS potentially (look at me for instance!)

The turn in is unfortunately July 31st so I don't think we'll get a guaranteed preview on BRD empy +2.

I imagine that the Empy body for RUN is going to be fairly outrageous as far as tanking utility. Ashera is an amazing hybrid piece so at least the likelihood that the empy will totally eclipse it is less likely, but the empy set might be attractive enough that you just live in most of it.

The cat's eye comes down to how important they mythic pieces weapons you don't have on the jobs you play most often. You can always farm alex over time if it's nothing high priority. Ashera Harness is less likely to be acquired easily. If it were me, I would do the Harness just to avoid kicking yourself later.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-07-15 12:08:28
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Mutih said: »
The odds of Bard's empy body getting DD stats are pretty low, but that's a possibility.
You have a certain amount of time to claim your prize, not sure how much, at least 1 month?

If you care for BRD I'd go for Ashera Harness (which is pretty nice for RUN as well).
Cat's Eye is valuable but it's something you can easily obtain on your own bit by bit. Ashera Harness on the other hand could escape your grasp for YEARS potentially (look at me for instance!)

Sechs has a good point, and Omen bodies these days are even harder to get due to diluted AMAN pool.

But it also comes down to how much you value it for your BRD. Would you pay about 100 mil Gil for an Ashera Harness? Cause that’s about the cost of the Alexandrite.

It’s really only a good BRD RUN piece these days. Irrelevant for MNK NIN and the rest.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-15 12:12:39
Link | Citer | R

I was offered, I forgot, was it 80m? For Ashera Harness? I would gladly pay that price any day.
Good luck finding a shout selling it when I'm online.
Thank you diluted AMAN pool! -.-
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-07-15 12:25:11
Link | Citer | R

For all we know bard's empyrean body could wind up being better than ashera harness anyway. We already know they're adding 54 accuracy as a baseline to all the +2 body armors from the reveal teasers, so all it would take would be some sTP or multi attack and suddenly ashera would be completely obsolete. Even without that it would still be formidable. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what we get next month.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-15 12:35:28
Link | Citer | R

Ashera's Acc and Att are nice, but I would say it's more about the DT and STP (and pretty high meva/defensive values, granted they're not BiS anymore, they're still pretty good)
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-07-15 12:42:17
Link | Citer | R

It's more about spending 80 million on something today when we know they're releasing something in less than a month that may or may not be better. Risk versus reward type of thing. If empyrean ends up being better than ashera then you'd be likely to feel like you wasted your gil. If empyrean didn't have a confirmed release date for August then things would be different, but we know for certain it's coming now. I usually exercise caution and hold off on big investments when major content is right around the corner like that. We know how things can change overnight when new gear comes out. We've seen it happen many times before.
By Aerix 2022-07-15 12:42:17
Link | Citer | R

Ashera's Acc and Att are nice, but I would say it's more about the DT and STP (and pretty high meva/defensive values, granted they're not BiS anymore, they're still pretty good)

I would also not discount the Resist Paralyze. It might be halved against NMs, but it procs often enough that it's saved me a lot of headache over time. Same goes for the Shamash + Etiolation combo, basically makes you feel like you're immune to Silence.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Serveur: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-07-15 12:54:57
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
It's more about spending 80 million on something today when we know they're releasing something in less than a month that may or may not be better. Risk versus reward type of thing. If empyrean ends up being better than ashera then you'd be likely to feel like you wasted your gil. If empyrean didn't have a confirmed release date for August then things would be different, but we know for certain it's coming now. I usually exercise caution and hold off on big investments when major content is right around the corner like that. We know how things can change overnight when new gear comes out. We've seen it happen many times before.

at least fortunately we already have reforged empyrean +1 to see the direction it's headed. if you look at reforged AF/relic pieces when they transitioned from +1 to +2/+3 they pretty much just expounded on the same stats. based on Fili Hongreline +1 I doubt it'll get anything beefy for DD. unless you look at the Minuet+1 and think we'll get a crazy set of stats that activates for the BRD under the effects of Minuet
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-15 13:05:02
Link | Citer | R

Relic armor +2/3 deviated a lot more than Artifact +2/3, and it's looking like Empyrean is going to deviate even more if the preview stats are anything to go by. I don't think we can make any conclusions about what additional stats any particular piece is going to get.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-07-15 13:17:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Relic armor +2/3 deviated a lot more than Artifact +2/3, and it's looking like Empyrean is going to deviate even more if the preview stats are anything to go by. I don't think we can make any conclusions about what additional stats any particular piece is going to get.

Yeah, SE kept delaying Empy because they hadn't yet figured out what direction they wanted to go. Now with Ody gear setting the new standard with base stats we can only hope they'll do something interesting with Empy—possibly by focusing on the job-specific and set bonuses.
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2022-07-15 13:18:21
Link | Citer | R

true, was mainly looking at AF, didn't realize for Relic that the Acc/Att dump wasn't present on the +1s
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-07-15 13:18:58
Link | Citer | R

Case in point, weaponskill damage + 8 on the thief body, magic burst damage II + 4 on blm, 13% -DT on both red mage and warrior body, and regen + 4 on the whm body. We don't know what the bard's body is going to get, but we can be certain it's getting something. sTP or multi attack is not out of the question, so until we see what they add it's up in the air.
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2022-07-15 13:21:45
Link | Citer | R

let's hold out for Resist Paralyze +100

Case in point, weaponskill damage + 8 on the thief body, magic burst damage II + 4 on blm, 13% -DT on both red mage and warrior body, and regen + 4 on the whm body. We don't know what the bard's body is going to get, but we can be certain it's getting something. sTP or multi attack is not out of the question, so until we see what they add it's up in the air.

very true, for some reason it had slipped my mind that they had already revealed the +2's and that they had new stats on them
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-15 14:24:30
Link | Citer | R

Blah blah blah

GIMME MY *** ASHERA MELLINY :-[
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-15 15:16:51
Link | Citer | R

And much better than the next alternative down for those specific stats. It's more than ideal for AM3 for the jobs you want it on.

I would have gone for the RNG/COR omen body. Sure they could make a better niche piece than it, but I doubt it. And i doubt it on the Ashera Harness as well if you care about both BRD and RUN.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-07-15 16:14:14
Link | Citer | R

I mean, personally, had I won a R2 on my main with RUN and no BRD… I’d get the Ashera Harness myself. I can get 100mil more easily than I can get another chance at a specific Omen body.

And if I didn’t already have it for my 2nd character with BRD and no RUN (thanks to a previous Bonanza), I’d be choosing it for that character too. Mule for that one did get a R2 marble, and I’ll be using that to take Nisroch for my 4th Omen body for her COR(I swear, non-mains get all the luck). Though to be fair, I guess I’d go for Cats Eye there had I won the r2 on her actual character and not her same account mule - but Nisroch for non-Armageddon COR isn’t as meaningful as Ashera for BRD (especially when using Carn with AM3) or Epeo RUN.
[+]
By Makunouchii 2022-07-15 23:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Won Rank 1 on an alt and chose Miracle Cheer. Barely got my alt to 99 today (SJ unlocked but not activated yet). I would have chose Yagyu if my main won....oh well. 15 min songs are cool though.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-16 10:40:50
Link | Citer | R

Makunouchii said: »
Won Rank 1 on an alt and chose Miracle Cheer. Barely got my alt to 99 today (SJ unlocked but not activated yet). I would have chose Yagyu if my main won....oh well. 15 min songs are cool though.
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56736/miracle-cheer-do-you-have-it/#3631669

please read this post then!
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-07-16 11:09:18
Link | Citer | R

Makunouchii said: »
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56736/miracle-cheer-do-you-have-it/#3631669

please read this post then!

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56736/miracle-cheer-do-you-have-it/#3631660

He already did!

Also.... I opted to hate myself and picked up Brave Blade. No real "good" options for me so "for science!!" was the best choice. Now to figure out how to do the science...
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-16 11:25:11
Link | Citer | R

Youd still have a range variance due to how AAs work, but level 1 mobs probably the best way to work it since even pld should have capped atk with various levels of pdl, then its just tracking CE/VE values
 Shiva.Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-07-16 11:45:02
Link | Citer | R

Not sure why I thought of this. Bridgiandish blade (screw spelling!) up in sky, I remember the dagger's added effect is only way to kill him. Does he take 0 damage at 1% or does he continue to take damage?

Also suddenly feel the urge to do a W3 dyna now, since I know I can cap CE emnity on it.
By Nariont 2022-07-16 12:08:38
Link | Citer | R

all dmg outside of the dagger will deal no dmg iirc. As to the CE thing, you can cap on anything provided it lives long enough.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-16 13:42:27
Link | Citer | R

Is there anything sendable from mules on the same account from rank 2 that is worth getting?

Tatenashi Haramaki +1 and Omen Bodies say POL sendable but I don't want to give a friend bad advice if someone knows for certain.

I tried augmented Tatenashi hands and they would send between my mule and my main.

Shiva.Humpo said: »
Also.... I opted to hate myself and picked up Brave Blade. No real "good" options for me so "for science!!" was the best choice. Now to figure out how to do the science...

You are Brave indeed. Your choice is well named, I hope it works wonderfully, and you make us all jealous with the results.
By SimonSes 2022-07-16 13:48:40
Link | Citer | R

You can cap both CE and VE on anything casting Foil on RUN less than 50 times with enmity +100 gear (640CE per cast and cap is 30000). You can speed this up with Valiance on whole party 5400CE with +100 enmity and Liement on whole party (with Epeo) also 5400CE with +100 enmity. You dont need to hit anything, so it can even be lv1 mob.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-16 13:59:49
Link | Citer | R

If its based on total ce/ve did ilvl mobs/areas have a higher ce/ve cap?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-07-16 14:03:52
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Tatenashi Haramaki +1 and Omen Bodies say POL sendable but I don't want to give a friend bad advice if someone knows for certain.

They're sendable.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-07-16 14:09:20
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
You can cap both CE and VE on anything casting Foil on RUN less than 50 times with enmity +100 gear (640CE per cast and cap is 30000). You can speed this up with Valiance on whole party 5400CE with +100 enmity and Liement on whole party (with Epeo) also 5400CE with +100 enmity. You dont need to hit anything, so it can even be lv1 mob.

Hmm.. Maybe I'll try testing this by pulling a group of 5~10 mobs, foil X amount of times then auto all of them and record damage. Rinse and repeat at a higher foil count.
Ugh, so much data to gather. I'll let you know after I've recorded all my data.
Well, will just do first round at capped enmity. Gotta get that disappointed in first!
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-16 17:41:07
Link | Citer | R

You don't really need a lot of samples as long as the test is well controlled. At attack cap, damage only varies by the randomizer factor, which ranges from +0% to +5%.
 Shiva.Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-07-16 17:45:42
Link | Citer | R

You don't really need a lot of samples as long as the test is well controlled. At attack cap, damage only varies by the randomizer factorz which ranges from +0% to +5%.

Yea, I started to notice that. Did a really quick test in south gusta.

1521 Worm
1510 Worm
1515 Worm
1924 Bee(crit)
1515 Bee
1498 Bats
1482 Bats

Spent about 5 minutes building emnity. Marchx2, haste, all JA's used in that time, including 2 hours, and foil with stun/flash when nothing else.

1808 (Worm)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-07-16 19:04:31
Link | Citer | R

That implies maybe 4.75 instead of 4.0 cap?
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22