Qutrub Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-06-10 14:37:42
Link | Citer | R

How is the SMN kiting adds in that video?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-10 14:43:19
Link | Citer | R

It's a pld/smn
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-06-10 14:45:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's a pld/smn

That's pretty wild. But why? Is /SMN of any actual benefit or were they just trying to PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT with some fenrir buffs or something?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-10 14:47:29
Link | Citer | R

Mew from /smn will still land. Kite ~55 seconds, mew, kite till dead. (if needed)

also yes, all the little 1% optimizations

(the regain is now doubled)
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-06-10 16:33:55
Link | Citer | R

Usual Video going over both solo and party strategies and a Normal Solo Battle Example. Pretty fun month for different strategies.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2022-06-10 23:35:36
Link | Citer | R

nvm the /smn just get a real 1
 Odin.Karizo
Serveur: Odin
user: Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2022-06-11 00:24:48
Link | Citer | R

Looking for people to confirm this.

Adjustments to make:
  • For those engaging the main boss, need a curaga (1 or 2, I think probably curaga 2, I think curaga doesnt cure enough) to maintain enough hp after the tp moves in the last phase, while not feeding excessive hp back to the boss

• Kiting remains the same, even if regain is higher. However, to hold the adds stationary, /SMN will no longer suffice and requires a main SMN to ensure they don't reach 1000 TP

Otherwise, the fight should remain somewhat the same, missing anythign else?

Just theory crafting because people in LS aren't on over the weekend so can't actually try it lol.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-06-11 00:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Unless I'm maximum retard, (which is possible), this fight is dumb. They did the opposite of what they tried to do and made it the most infuriating horseshit in the game.

-1 SE, play your game for 5 minutes before releasing an update.
[+]
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2022-06-11 01:23:44
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
Unless I'm maximum retard, (which is possible), this fight is dumb. They did the opposite of what they tried to do and made it the most infuriating horseshit in the game.

There's definitely some logic to what you said.

I agree with you that they *** with the core mechanic of the fight, which is to make it a shadow or die fight, while trying to be safe and curing will prolong or make the fight impossible to complete.

With the current power creep, I think it's definitely possible to throw curaga 2 when the tp move goes off to ensure the next one doesn't kill you, but it drags out the fight... I think the only way to make it faster is to use jobs like MNK or WAR or other jobs that have very high white dmg, since this will increase the ratio of dmg per swing. Jobs like BRD, COR, or other SB-spamming jobs with low white dmg will make this fight very painful lol.

Anyways, not impossible, but definitely a lot more painful.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-06-11 01:34:27
Link | Citer | R

So uh...we've got it below 30% and are handling the aoe drain move. We've got the adds separated, being tanked, and being mewed every 21 seconds.

But sometimes the boss decides he's going to stop attacking the DDs and run over to the tank and use triple reversal and kill us.

Anyone have any idea what's happening?
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2022-06-11 01:40:10
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
So uh...we've got it below 30% and are handling the aoe drain move. We've got the adds separated, being tanked, and being mewed every 21 seconds.

But sometimes the boss decides he's going to stop attacking the DDs and run over to the tank and use triple reversal and kill us.

Anyone have any idea what's happening?

Where is your tank holding the adds? I believe if the tank is holding them more than 30 (maybe 50) yalms away, the boss will never run to the tank wutever the tank does, because the tank will not generate additional enmity on the boss's list.

Give it a shot?
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-06-11 01:53:16
Link | Citer | R

So, 6 stupid hours later, we have a pretty reliable 7 minute clear (from enter, not from buff).

PLD, SMN, RDM, COR, NIN, BRD was the setup as described above.
Save yourself the heartache trying to kite and just full time mew the horeshit adds. They can table turn you for 9 miles away.

Then the big gimmick on the horseshit boss is:
- 100-60 - nothing, kill. Do skillchains to make it fast
- 60-30 - prioritize shadows after they've been AoE dispelled 900 times in a row, because if you don't, he'll flip on you after an auto and kill you. Mambo helps here.
- 30-0 - Leave your RDM out in BFE, > 15 yalms. Use curaga 1, nothing more, nothing less. After he abosrbs, curaga. Keep shadows and be ready for when he inevitably hate resets and have provoke or a weaponskill ready to snap it back. Oh btw, if you fail to curaga and get everyone above 10%, they all instant die because you left them too low.

Paladin make sure to maintain reprisal or pallisade. Put the stupid adds with a wall on your right side, block everything or feed them TP and get table flipped.

I'm incensed by this fight.
[+]
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2022-06-11 02:01:00
Link | Citer | R

So, 6 stupid hours later, we have a pretty reliable 7 minute clear (from enter, not from buff).

PLD, SMN, RDM, COR, NIN, BRD was the setup as described above.
Save yourself the heartache trying to kite and just full time mew the horeshit adds. They can table turn you for 9 miles away.

Then the big gimmick on the horseshit boss is:
- 100-60 - nothing, kill. Do skillchains to make it fast
- 60-30 - prioritize shadows after they've been AoE dispelled 900 times in a row, because if you don't, he'll flip on you after an auto and kill you. Mambo helps here.
- 30-0 - Leave your RDM out in BFE, > 15 yalms. Use curaga 1, nothing more, nothing less. After he abosrbs, curaga. Keep shadows and be ready for when he inevitably hate resets and have provoke or a weaponskill ready to snap it back. Oh btw, if you fail to curaga and get everyone above 10%, they all instant die because you left them too low.

Paladin make sure to maintain reprisal or pallisade. Put the stupid adds with a wall on your right side, block everything or feed them TP and get table flipped.

I'm incensed by this fight.

Thank you for sharing, this is what I had in mind when theory crafting.

Question, when I was randomly testing what curaga to use with pugs, the move was doing around 400-500 on targets with ~2000 HP. What was your observation? Because that, I opted to use curaga II, since someone died when I used curaga I.

Any insight would be helpful.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-06-11 02:02:59
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Karizo said: »
the move was doing around 400-500 on targets with ~2000 HP.

It's percentage-based, like Graviga in other FF games. Only way to die from it is to be < 10% HP or let your shadows fall and get auto'd. The higher your group's HP is, the more it heals the boss making it unkillable if you heal too much.
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2022-06-11 02:06:32
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Karizo said: »
the move was doing around 400-500 on targets with ~2000 HP.

It's percentage-based, like Graviga in other FF games. Only way to die from it is to be < 10% HP or let your shadows fall and get auto'd. The higher your group's HP is, the more it heals the boss making it unkillable if you heal too much.

Yeah I knew from patch note it would be % based, but maybe the person that died just died from something stupid, not necessarily my curaga I.

Ok, looking forward to trying this out. Appreciate it.
By SimonSes 2022-06-11 03:38:59
Link | Citer | R

Cant you just kill adds?
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2022-06-11 03:42:22
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Cant you just kill adds?

I believe that remains an option, but I don't think it's within the realm of reality to keep that strat under 10min.

I am not 100% sure tho.
By SimonSes 2022-06-11 03:50:43
Link | Citer | R

Kaggra did D solo on RDM.
He killed 2x DRK adds and left 2xBLM at 1%HP and only 2xDRK spawned at 30%. He killed those BLM left at 1% and used DRKs as TP battery to kill the boss with just WSs. Is there some gimmick that wouldnt allow to replicate that as party in VD?
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2022-06-11 04:03:16
Link | Citer | R

Kaggra did D solo on RDM.
He killed 2x DRK adds and left 2xBLM at 1%HP and only 2xDRK spawned at 30%. He killed those BLM left at 1% and used DRKs as TP battery to kill the boss with just WSs. Is there some gimmick that wouldnt allow to replicate that as party in VD?

I do not believe so.

I believe an optimal strategy would be to bring them all low before bringing the boss to 30%, since any killed before then will respawn.

Probably just requires more coordination than anything.
By SimonSes 2022-06-11 04:06:48
Link | Citer | R

Leaving 2 to TP on seems more useful, because you can completely avoid drain spam and keep HP high too.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-06-11 04:55:46
Link | Citer | R

Swapping the NIN out with an Ukon WAR would make the same strat probably a 4-5min kill. I was getting 70-80k attack rounds with mine in early attempts. Killing, or controlling adds sounds toxic af.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-06-11 07:05:38
Link | Citer | R

How are folks countering triplus attack with super tank?
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2022-06-11 09:07:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Otomis said: »
How are folks countering triplus attack with super tank?

If you mean Triple Reversal, a.k.a. the move that can 1-shot your tank. the two main ways are
  • A SMN main to Mewing Lullaby the adds every 21s to prevent them from reaching 1000 TP

• Kiting, which is less reliable and relies on your tank knowing how to bait the mobs into taking the longest path. Also silencing the astrologers if extremely helpful, if not mandatory, to allow successful kiting.

Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-06-11 09:26:43
Link | Citer | R

Aye, keep seeing tanks get 1 shot and it is over after that. It is not always but seems often enough to call it over 50% in pugs right now. I am guessing once Smns and Tanks get used to the timing and pattern it works fine.
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2022-06-11 09:56:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Otomis said: »
Aye, keep seeing tanks get 1 shot and it is over after that. It is not always but seems often enough to call it over 50% in pugs right now. I am guessing once Smns and Tanks get used to the timing and pattern it works fine.

Also pay attention to whether the tank is actualy taking 0 dmg or not, if it's take non-zero hits it'll be feeding tp. PLD with Burtgang and Ochain should be taking 0 dmg with protect 5, phalanx, and reprisal/palisade up. I think Priwen as long as you keep reprisal up also works.

The other thing is the SMN's bloocpact cooldown, theoretically it needs to be below 30s to prevent them from ever reaching 1000 tp. Capped reduction SMN sits at 21s recast.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-06-11 11:14:23
Link | Citer | R

xolla, new version, 4 wars blu brd
[+]
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-06-11 14:06:22
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Indigla said: »

Stun lock with sudden lunge look efficient
By SimonSes 2022-06-11 14:30:17
Link | Citer | R

I keep saying Sudden Lunge is most underrated spell in ffxi. It stun locks so many things...
[+]
By Aerix 2022-06-11 16:09:31
Link | Citer | R

I keep saying Sudden Lunge is most underrated spell in ffxi. It stun locks so many things...

BGwiki does seem to imply that Sudden Lunge won't work on VD, unlike D. Wonder if that got changed with the update.
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2022-06-11 17:25:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Indigla said: »

While VERY cool, there's likely a huge element of luck in here (or maybe not with the power creep).

Sudden Lunge on VD lands, but it's not very consistent, at least the last time this ambuscade was available.

With the power creep, it's possible that you can reach a new level of accuracy/m.acc to land those nasty Suddden Lunges.

I wonder how many times they tried to make this happen, but I am guessing it's not overall very high success rate.

Then again, power creep, might be very consistent.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7