[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-13 05:46:18
Link | Citer | R

We probably need to check how you are counting titles...

but it takes so longggg....
By Ranoutofspace 2023-01-13 11:55:27
Link | Citer | R

As far as I can tell, there are hard requirements for moving up and Yilbegan is one of them. Apparently I'm the only person who doesn't have that title and is doing this grind, so its never come up before.

Looking at Rosalee's list though (don't know their current title #) but you can hit rank 8 with most jobs not mastered and several crafts not even max rank.

That could also explain how Mischief ranked up around 932 titles - some have more value or there are certain achievements that need to be met, otherwise...he hadn't done any chocobo racing, but killed Yilbegan, rank 8 at 932 titles. I finished chocobo racing, haven't killed Yilbegan, rank 7 at 1023 titles.

If Medal of Honor is 'worth' 11~ titles, then I'd wager you can't hit rank 8 without the Yilbegan title. I'd love to be wrong.

Offer still stands to use the inverter and stream a walkthrough of all the title NPCs to see the long list of N/As in every section!
 Fenrir.Positron
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2023-01-13 14:56:19
Link | Citer | R

I also don't have a Yilbegan clear but I'm not doing the title grind. I'm not sure if there's a specific point it would make sense for me to kill Yilbegan for info, probably not if you're doing everything else first.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2023-01-13 15:05:30
Link | Citer | R

I'm rank 7 without the title. It wouldn't be so bad if the black abyssite isn't rare as it is...
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2023-01-13 19:35:31
Link | Citer | R

We just need to start gambling on what is going to rank you up

(and personally I hope it's obtaining some oddball key item you lack)
By Ranoutofspace 2023-01-13 22:42:42
Link | Citer | R

I'll bet the house on Yilbegan!

For real though, how many titles before we just accept you need Yilbegan's before hitting rank 8? I'll have 2 more crafting GP ones before the end of the month for 1025 titles.

Other things of note that may matter, but who honestly knows at this point.
  • MMM Runes 78/100

• Fish Caught 114

• Incursion KI 125

• No Fiat Lux (W/B) [Hmm...]

Either way, working through these titles and trying to 'complete everything' has been a blast. 10/10.
 Bahamut.Mischief
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Mischief
By Bahamut.Mischief 2023-01-14 01:39:45
Link | Citer | R

I did NOT have Yilbegan title when I got my Rank 8, so it's not required. Still don't, actually (though I have all the rest). I either didn't think it was relevant or just forgot back when I made my initial post.

If I had to guess, I'd say either Incursion 143, Master Trials, and/or completed Escutcheon is why I hit rank 8 so early compared to others.
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2023-01-14 04:29:41
Link | Citer | R

Well I'll be damned! Consider me officially stumped as to where to go next. Incursion? I got the final title from a friend's entrance but didn't rank my own much...I guess I'll do a few laps there and see how it goes!

You had nothing done with chocobo racing though, right?
How about monstrosity?

...any specific key items to check for?
 Shiva.Liam
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-01-14 15:14:42
Link | Citer | R

I'm at 1011 titles myself now, (I do have yilbegan, but boy did that suck! luckily Znitch was hunting it with me at the time)

Realistic titles left to get are a couple from VR missions, mt4 and some mog garden stuff. At this point I'm more searching for the "thing" that I haven't done that will tip me over, because title's wise I have all the ones our rank 8 friends had when they dinged 8.

I still think "Number of days played" plays a decent part in those final few points to 8 so I've mostly been logging in afk hoping I'll come back to a rank up lol. some other things I have been doing...

AF coffers - Vingijard lower Jeuno tracks this, so figured they may count as "quests"

Have you ever done a ballista/brenner/pankration/chocobo hot and cold? content that you might need to have at least activated to be a "master" (you also get a map when you do brenner)

MMM runes, at least doing one of each type of maze.

Guild point KIs (mooching etc that I didn't need to catch all the fish but might count to have?)

total campaign ops - there's a lot of great info on unlocking these in this thread.

Guess i'll spam more monstrosity next exp campaign now rosalee dinged that way. zzz

good luck!
By Ranoutofspace 2023-01-19 07:47:25
Link | Citer | R

...I guess 10 Campaign Ops are required for Mastery Rank 8.

Prior to this and of the ones to note, all I had was:
Splitting Heirs (S)
Fiat Lux (S)
Streeweeper I (S)
Streeweeper II (S)
Streeweeper III (S)
Cracking Shells (B)
Plucking Wings (W)

Completed today:
Stock and Awe I (W)
Stock and Awe II (W)
Materiel Storm I (W)
Crystal Fist I (W)
Streetsweeper I (W)
Delta Strike I (W)

Warped back and opened the menu to the above pic. Whatever number you wanna go with, probably 10, unique Campaign Ops are (seemingly) a hard wall. Or they're not; prove me wrong!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-19 07:54:21
Link | Citer | R

You had gotten to Medal of Altana without doing campaign ops, but then when you finished your 10th you hit rank 8?

Goddamn it Avereith maybe we weren't wasting our time afterall.
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2023-01-19 07:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Something like that, yes. I did get title 1024 (Shoeshop Owner) yesterday but that also kept me at 7.

EDIT: Medal of Altana is just from doing campaign and having good evaluations there - was there supposed to be a Campaign Ops requirement for having Medal of Altana? Different systems altogether, no?

DOUBLE EDIT: What can I lose now to see if I can delevel!?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2023-01-19 09:14:21
Link | Citer | R

Campaign ops

What a fun experience those are
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
By Shiva.Liam 2023-01-19 12:38:32
Link | Citer | R

Congrats Ranoutofspace!

also damn I'm @73 ops, gimme that rank 8! currently crying my way to cut and cauterize III lol
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2023-01-19 13:29:08
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
You had gotten to Medal of Altana without doing campaign ops, but then when you finished your 10th you hit rank 8?

Goddamn it Avereith maybe we weren't wasting our time afterall.
Not wasting our time except for the fact that rank 9 didn't exist and we still tried to get there! Oops

It's OK. Now we are in the cool group of ultimate losers who have every campaign op done for every nation. We da best.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-19 19:16:05
Link | Citer | R

And we never have to tell NPCs to Poisona and Cure each other over and over and over again
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2023-01-19 20:24:27
Link | Citer | R

Now THAT's interesting. I have (and have had for a while) all but 5 Campaign Ops done, but still rank 7. Wonder if there's another hard wall or if it's just that I'm missing >=251 titles still.
By Ranoutofspace 2023-01-19 21:48:55
Link | Citer | R

Now the fun part of making a list of current achievements to use as a benchmark for the next hopeless sap who tries this lofty goal.

I don't have a craft at 110 either (highest is 88 due to deleveling for titles), so that for sure isn't required!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-22 04:48:24
Link | Citer | R

Ranoutofspace said: »
DOUBLE EDIT: What can I lose now to see if I can delevel!?

Thinking about this some more, the only thing I can think of is Medal of Altana. If you lost that and kept doing campaign ops (or whatever), we could figure out how many campaign ops clears are equivalent to 1 medal of altana.
By Twizzlers 2023-02-10 14:35:52
Link | Citer | R

I'm trying to clear out the mini trial summoner quests. I haven't played summone in almost 15 years, but I unlocked all the avatars.

I tried to cheese the trial using siren but I got Shiva it to 85%. Someone mentioned it being easy earlier in this thread. What am I doing wrong? haha. I guess I could try the old carbuncle method, but I just wanted to clear these for the quest clears. Been stuck on rank 7 and don't have too much else to clear.
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2023-02-10 16:53:38
Link | Citer | R

Twizzlers said: »
mini trial summoner quests

I did these about a year or so ago, and from what I remember buffs don't wear when entering. I believe I had four songs from a REMA alt, Cor rolls and Pro/Shell V, did most of the damage melee with a staff. Good luck!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-02-10 17:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva would be the hardest one for Siren, probably, but it still was not hard when I did it. There are multiple buffs that were unavailable or hard to get originally.
* Pet food - grape diafuku
* Dawn Mulsum
* Siren (Clasarch Call AF)
* lots of Vile Elixirs and +1s
* The flotsam loves to give me Amrita, so that too

So you basically just go in and BP the monsters to death with Siren. Honestly though, idk that I used any of this. My memory is that they all die super fast
 Bahamut.Revann
user: Cyrelio
By Bahamut.Revann 2023-02-12 14:39:16
Link | Citer | R

Mastery rank 8 obtained today!

Learning the last BLU spell I was missing, Thrashing Assault, put me over the top. Finished Ebisu and Ebisu +1 quests earlier in the morning which probably didn't hurt either.

Final tallies were:

RoE: 1070/1075 (missing Escutcheon-related and Abyssea-Grauberg max fame RoEs - still on stage 1 of Leathercraft shield)
All missions to-date completed.
Quests completed: 1111
Titles: 955 (I felt this was a weak spot for me after browsing through this thread. Notably I do not have the Yilbegan title, which was the last VNM one that I couldn't get after 30+ kills so far)
Monstrosity Species: 93 (almost all are level 50-60 for unlocks - only a handful are over level 70)
Campaign Ops completed: 46
Incursion KI: 123 (barely did any Incursion - I was only ever there to farm Aeonic pop items for my linkshell)
Unique fish caught: 163
Playtime: 1553 Days
Master Trials: 2/4
All jobs 99
Jobs mastered: 15
110 Leathercraft/Fishing, 80 Synergy, all subs 70
All combat/magic skills capped at 99
Lu Shangs/+1 and Ebisu/+1 quests completed
Relic Weapons: 16
Mythic Weapons: 7
Empyrean Weapons: 7
Aeonic Weapons: 7
Ergon Weapons: 2/2
Meeble Burrows: Only did Sauromugue leg of this - was missing the four boss titles from Batallia Meebles
Chocobo Racing: Never touched this
MMM: Did not do much here, most of it was way back in the day. Have the first 3 titles from clears

Overall, it was definitely a grind but an enjoyable one at that. Running through the quests and different content that I had not seen was a fun experience. It's really crazy looking back, how much this game has to offer.

I still plan to hunt down more titles and knock out the last ~20 or so unfinished quests that I have, as well as various other things. The grind never truly ends.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-02-12 15:41:10
Link | Citer | R

Are you sure that you checked your rank after zoning after you completed the Ebisu's quests?
 Bahamut.Revann
user: Cyrelio
By Bahamut.Revann 2023-02-12 16:35:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Are you sure that you checked your rank after zoning after you completed the Ebisu's quests?

Yes, 100%. I checked right after entering Meebles prior to learning the spell because I had just came from fishing up the final fish to complete the fishedex, and was still bummed that the Ebisu quests didn't finish it. That post-zone rank check became religious once you sense that you're getting close enough.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
By Shiva.Liam 2023-03-06 22:51:55
Link | Citer | R

FINALLY joined the club!

If I can confirm nothing else, Monstrosity does count for something. Today I got Bugard from 1-50 to unlock Wivre, and when I zoned back I was 8.

Obligatory tallies:

1014 titles
all missions, VR up to date.
1021 quests (under the impression that's currently all that can be done with one (male) character)
every nm title apart from the aman trove mimic
1075 roes
MT 1/2/3
All jobs mastered + a bunch of master lvls (nothing over 30)
22 REMA (at least 2 of each type)
capped crafts/synergy (stage 2 shield)
lushang/ebisu+1 2/4 fish ranking titles, all fish caught.
all spells, skills capped
all hps/survival guides etc.
all trusts.
chocobo racing stuff all done, not much digging
fellow capped
125/246 campaign ops (the big 4 done) medal of Altana.
monstrosity - 12 lvl 50-60s for unlocks, have done the scrap trades for kirin etc.
88 MMM runes, ~200 entrances.
Meebles 3* on all
Incursion, my KI is 131, but I have killed the 143 boss.
145 atmas/ 65 abyssites.
Mog garden - still missing 15 mementos, 640 entrances. over 2 years until i can get the fishing net 1000 titles :/
840 days playtime

Feels good!
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2023-03-08 18:28:21
Link | Citer | R

Ayy two more people in the club - congrats!

Finally knocked this out:

Still need to get the final 2 GP items from Cooking which will bring me to 1030 titles. Bring on Mastery Rank 9!
[+]
By Moonlightagb 2023-03-26 17:01:31
Link | Citer | R

For those that are leveling/deleveling crafts to purchase the guild point items for titles, is anyone also purchasing the 20k point KI "Way of the (craft)" also for completion? What are the requirements to get that KI to show up on the GP purchase list?

I deleveled my 110 Bonecraft to 90 while raising Cooking up to 88 and was able to purchase the "Way of the Culinarian" KI while picking up the other GP items after hitting Veteran rank.

However, when I was finished with that I reset that Cooking back to 70, and leveled Smithing up to 88 (89) but have no option to purchase "Way of the Blacksmith".

Do I need to just get it up to 98? But I didn't have to do that when I was working on Cooking in order to purchase it since I was able to get everything at 88. Hmm
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49