Mastery Rank Data
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 47 48 49
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-15 16:17:04
Link | Citer | R

That's just a silly thing they forgot to do I guess. You never have to actually finish that first quest, but you have to start it to unlock the second.

Finishing the first gives a title though, so you should finish it.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-16 11:13:45
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I finished it.

I have gotten 60 titles since I started hunting them and maybe half of the unique Campaign Ops in Windurst [S].

I have this further breakdown in my difficulty tiers:
* Dualbox/Fast: 36
* Dualbox/Slow: 26
* Party: 34
* Unwilling: 104

I haven't started Voracious Resurgence yet, so maybe I'll hammer that out in the rest of the week.

Still rank 7, of course.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-16 12:01:35
Link | Citer | R

I have a lot more info about the campaign ops from yet another message, but I'm going to test some of it out before I post it assuming it's 100% absolutely correct. Should be fun!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-16 19:56:02
Link | Citer | R

We confirmed tonight that later ranks of Brave Dawn can be opened (for the server) by doing 10 of the previous rank. This might generalize to more.

Brave Dawn I -> 10 enthusiastic response clears unlocked Brave Dawn II
Brave Dawn II -> 10 enthusiastic response clears unlocked Brave Dawn III

Granite Rose I -> 16 enthusiastic response clears unlocked Granite Rose II
Granite Rose II -> 16 enthusiastic response clears unlocked Granite Rose III

Cut and Cauterize II -> 16 middling or enthusiastic response clears unlocked Cut and Cauterize III

Delta Strike II -> 16 enthusiastic responses -> unlocked Delta Strike III

Repeating Stock and Awe I opened II (lost count due to cancels.)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-18 06:28:52
Link | Citer | R

Turned in 24 scnm boxes to raise Nation stats and not a one went up a star. Guess I'll need to farm this every 5 hours or w/e to see a difference!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-19 08:02:05
Link | Citer | R

To be slightly too broad, it does seem that the secret to unlocking the next tier of each tiered campaign Op is to spam the previous tier. Sometimes it takes 10 repeats of the prior tier and more often it takes 16. The NPC's appraisal doesn't seem to matter. Canceling or failing don't seem to matter. At 10 minutes per Op tag, this means it takes about 2-3 hours to rank up an Op.

Op-opening progress is maintained even through Maint, but I anticipate it will reset to an extent at the conquest tally.

There are other requirements for some Ops related to which zones are owned and by whom that update at the conquest tally.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-20 00:12:11
Link | Citer | R

I'm already getting ptsd just thinking about campaign ops, and then I realize it's only one nation out of three

Down to 16 remaining windy campaign ops, 8 of which will probably never be done on Lakshmi because they require windy to lose an area to the beast men and I don't think I've seen that happen since the beginning of the year. Byrth down to fewer since he's got the crafting ops done and I'm still missing those.

Stats/morale/reconnaissance of the nation seemingly matter for unlocking certain ops, or affect the speed of unlocks of ops that require grinding of previous tiers, but no personal data on that since windy was at recon 9 and 10 the whole time of grinding. Outside source states the 2 kinslayer ops require reconnaissance 7+, and has noted by light of fire only being available at 5+.

Eaiest way to raise recon (again thanks to outside source) is to turn in the scnm boxes AND complete the BC. Completing the BC is the important part as the boxes have neglible effects themselves, but competing the bc fights will steal stats from the respective beastmen group, lower their reconnaissance level, and raise your nation's recon level and stats by a great amount. You can turn in boxes from each beastman group and get the KIs for the bcs for orc/quadav/yag regardless of your current nation. The nms for all of these respawn every 4-5 hours, so with that in mind you can get all 24 boxes and KIs, beat the BCs, and wait and do it again until your nation stats/recon are at an acceptable level before grinding out op unlocks

As for op unlocks. I might as well go down the whole dang list with what we have discovered so far. Anything with missing or no info we didn't get around to this time or were basically already done so I have little info on the unlock process.

Important to note. Unlocks and progress are server wide. Have some friends help. Thank you, Byrth

Stock and awe I-IV - 16 clears of the previous level to unlock next tier. Lower tiers will still count for unlocking tiers 2 above, but will need more clears. I'll shorten this from now on to just saying clear amount

Material storm I-IV - 16+ clears/tier

Search and Seizure I - will unlock after a certain clear amount of stock/awe material storm. You will get this on the way to unlocking all 4 tiers of the above. Requires a beast controlled area in own nations territories

Vanguard X I-III - 16+ clears/tier. Tier IV auto unlocked with northlands control in xarc or beau

Crimson domino I-III - 16+ clears/tier. Tier IV auto unlocked with northlands control in xarc or beau

Bridge too far - like search and seizure you will unlock this trying to get vanguard and crimson domino unlocks. Does not require specific territory control

Streetsweeper I-III - 16+ clears/tier assumed, byrth unlocked these can't recall numbers

Delta strike I-III - 16+ clears/tier assumed

Steel Resolve I-IV - already had these clears, zero info sorry

Magna Cache I-III - already cleared

Hazardous materials - already cleared

Crystal fist I-IV - I have not tried to unlock yet, but I'm assuming same 16 clear pattern as normal. Or perhaps 10 like another op set later

Iron Anvil I-IV - also unattempted, assumed 16 or 10/tier

Smokescreen I-IV - requires beast controlled area, unexplored. Probably same unlock system except IV may be northlands as with some others

Pit spider I-III - 16 clears/tier

By Light of Fire - this should be called pit spider IV. Requires 16 clears of pit spider III (and assumed recon 5+)

Kinslayer baileys/keep - requires allied control of keep or baileys, also assumed recon 7+ from outside source

Fiat lux - requires ally control of all northlands except throne room

Nation specific beastmen op - your nation must control their specific beastmen stronghold territory, oztroja for windy/etc

Aegis Scream I-V - unexplored/already had clears. Believe V requires northlands control? Can't recall

Granite rose I-III - 16 clears/tier

Hawk eye - requires beast controlled area;unexplored

Slaughterhouse - already cleared/unexplored

Prying Eyes I & II - already cleared/unexplored

Deep cover I-III - already cleared/unexplored

Bailey borer - already cleared/unexplored

Frozen Flame - already cleared/unexplored

Brave dawn I-III - 10 clears/tier

Cut and Cauterize I-III - 16 clears/tier

And that's all I got! Byrth, feel free to add more or correct my mistakes and such, as well as anyone else that has detailed info on the ops we didn't explore or already had completed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-21 09:29:01
Link | Citer | R

confirmed after conquest tally that you do not lose all unlocking progress in campaign ops each week, but seems you lose 1-2 ranks.

example: we had stock and awe 1-4 and material storm 1-4 unlocked and now we are missing the fourth of each but still have 1-3 unlocked. While street sweeper and delta strike we had 1-3 unlocked, but not are missing both 2 and 3.

Rank losses may be based on the nations focus you voted on for how many you lose in a specific type of OP, but that's not confirmed.

Search and seizure also unlocked, so confirmed it requires a beastman controlled area near any nation that is not the beastman stronghold (so not la vaule, beadeux, oztroja, or any northlands). I just did windy search and seizure in jugner forest
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-22 09:07:49
Link | Citer | R

To give a progress update, I'm up to 954 titles and have a pretty clear (albeit slow) path to 1000:
* Voracious Resurgence - 7
* Misc small quests - 21
* Fish Ranking - 4
* Fishing GP - 3
* VD BCs - 15 (only need 11)
* Mog Gardens - 9 (one or two titles might beat out fish ranking / GP)

Because of this way this system is structured, we only get information about what things matter when someone ranks up and happens to notice. I have heard of well-defined rankups from:
* Things that give Titles
* Collecting Home Points

Are there any things outside of those two that people have confirmed a Mastery Rank up from?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-22 09:30:37
Link | Citer | R

I'm at least some percent certain the person that said they ranked from warp point collecting got a title in the process and didn't notice.

I went and got every hp book fount vw waypoint and telepoint and couldn't rank from 1 to 2 while testing. While being at least presumably close to ranking up before starting to see if they pushed me over.

I guess a clarity edit: they did confirm it counts in someway but that doesn't really mean much. Collecting warp points is kind of natural progression. Same with skilling up. And whatever else they put in their nothinganswer post.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-22 09:54:20
Link | Citer | R

Have we seen a mule or otherwise that has rank 2 or better with absolutely zero mission or leveling progress? I figure the easiest way to control and test a rank up is doing fame, quests, and titles only while at level 1 and never doing any mission progress

Just in case mission progress or mission titles are gate keeping the way to a rank up at all
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-22 10:30:08
Link | Citer | R

That's what i was trying to get people to do before. Try to get to rank 2 without doing a single mission. And or a rank two with only missions.

It's kind of irrelevant though and annoying to do.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-22 10:47:10
Link | Citer | R

yeah it's not super important, mainly because it's not like its going to help us create some kind of mathematical formula for something like mastery rank. Only way we would ever math it out and figure out the system is if we could magically read the server side calculations for it

was just wonderin!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-22 12:52:16
Link | Citer | R

When byrth hits 980 titles you'll have to compare his stats to what you had when you got rank 8

Exciting right?

(And you still never checked your lack of titles from the new lua, am disappoint)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-22 13:04:37
Link | Citer | R

But that's so haaarddd

I'll do it tonight while waiting on campaign tags
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-22 15:00:28
Link | Citer | R

Well, I like Mastery Rank as an excuse to do all this random content that SE implemented and failed to motivate. I just wish that I had a understanding of what contributes to it because a fully open-ended list is quite daunting.

My current state of affairs is:
  • All missions other than VR done

• Max fame everywhere

• Mastered 14 jobs, all jobs at 99 with capped merits

• Obtained 954 titles

• Obtained all Monstrosity species

• Captain rank

• Medal of Altana

• Completed 1058 RoE quests

• Alchemy 110, subcrafts 70, synergy only 18, no Eschuteon

• All transportation options obtained

• Voidwatch all done, including atmacites to 15

• UNMs about half done (12 left including Tumult Curator)

• VD BCNMs are maybe 25% done

• No chocobo raising at all and minimal betting

• Did Incursion pretty heavily, but don't have the Gramk Droog title

• 80~100 Azdaja kills, 100~160 Naja kills, 300~360 Quetz kills

• Missing 2 Vorseals (Tumult Curator and Chocorookie)

• Completed 77 Campaign Ops

• Have all magic except WHM and SCH master spells, ~half of Blue Magic, and 3 Trusts

• Have only 22 Mounts, not sure how many there are now

• Have all 10 /sitchairs, as well as all job emotes

• Have done all WSNM quests and unlocked all WoE WSs, but apparently not done all Mythic WS quests

• Need 2 Balrahn's Eyepatches and 12 Simian Horns/Daimonic Casings/Mellidopt Wings/Pulchiropt Wings to finish the Reisenjima goblins

• No master fights done

• Moogle Mastery XVII, almost entirely from Sheol A and B. I've never entered Gaol.

• I have cleared Sandy, Bastok, and Jeuno for Dynamis - D but haven't cleared Wave 2 or 3 from Windy

• I try to read all my KI descriptions (they track this to flag for novelty)

• Reared every Mog Gardens monster and got every KI

[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-22 15:44:10
Link | Citer | R

Ok, here is my titleinverter.lua list for each title I'm missing from title npcs by zone! By popular (one person) request!

south sandoria: Extremely Discerning Individual (EDI), every ballista title, The 150k and 200k GP crafting item titles for woodworking/smithing/leathercraft

port bastok: EDI, 150k/200k GP titles - smithing/alchemy

windurst walls: EDI, 150k/200k GP titles - bonecraft/clothcraft/cooking

lower jeuno: High Roller, Fortune's Favorite

port jeuno: all escutcheon titles that aren't goldsmithing

selbina: Disturber of Slumber, The non-existent beastking titles and giant killer, Fulmination Disruptor, Mimic Masher

mhaura: same as selbina, minus disturber of slumber

kazham: same as selbina, plus EDI, minus disturber of slumber

norg: Destiny Master (so sue me I haven't done new VR yet!)

rabao: same as mhaura

tavnazian safehold: none

aht urghan whitegate: Subduer of the Trolls, Subduer of the Undead Swarm

south sandoria (s): Champion of the Dawn, Lilith Liquidator

bastok markets (s): same as sandy (s)

windurst waters (s): same as sandy (s)

west adoulin: 500/1000 pond harvests, 500/1000 ocean harvests, 1000 mog garden visits, 1000 monsters reared, 1000 monsters put down, Ombifid Slayer (128-132 incursion), Nilotican Decimator (133+ incursion)

And that's IT

Seeing high roller and fortune's favorite in lower jeuno just makes me keep thinking it has to do with playing venture roll and not chocobo racing since man there's all those tables right outside on the bridge and no one has evvvvver played venture roll! I kind of want to test it at the highest bet/4 person table in the marble bridge eatery in Upper Jeuno where it's 10k a bet and see what happens if I win like 10 or 50 or 100 games in a row or win over a mil total or something

And for waking the beast it seems it only saves whichever title you have gotten last, because I done it both ways (heh) and says that I am missing disturber of slumber.

And more confirmation that ramuh VD title and champion of the dawn are borked. I think these have been reported as broken multiple times on the official forums as well and noooo one cares (obviously, why would they)

Oh, and maze monger titles as said previously not settable at title bards, and neither are the random/etc adventurer titles you get at random from the bards. I'm still missing one of those, what a pain with so many titles to random through

Non-existent beastking and giant killer titles being in with all the other battlefield ones makes me trust the things I read that said those titles were originally planned for mission fight BCs for what are now just the rank 2-3 dragons and the delkfutts tower key climb

No surprises at all, which is almost a given at this point with how meticulously I've been going through every part of the game with a fine-toothed comb

But its real fun still!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-23 21:08:02
Link | Citer | R

This was obviously known by someone or it wouldn't be in the windower packet API, but Mastery Rank is transmitted in the incoming 0x01B packet. That is interesting because that packet is only guaranteed to be sent in a few conditions:
* Upon zone
* Upon opening the equipment screen

Notably, you can open the Status -> Profile menu without requesting a 0x01B packet to be sent. If all you do is run around and check your Mastery Rank, it's hard to predict when your client would be informed of your rank up.

So the take-away here is that you should open your equipment screen, wait a second, and then open your Status -> Profile screen if you just did something that you think should cause a Mastery Rank up.
[+]
By Manque 2021-11-23 21:43:50
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Shtuff

This is probably being considered already when you are both looking at campaign ops, but might be worth confirming the Tactical Assessment results of the week before hunting specific Ops. I think the Ops offered varies by what the current focus is.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Tactical_Assessment
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-23 22:05:37
Link | Citer | R

We used to think that, but now after grinding out basically all of windy except 7 (that we can't do until windy loses a zone near nation), I am pretty sure that the current focus does two or three things:

1. makes it easier to unlock tier based completion ops (ie: instead of 16 server wide clears, it will take 10 server wide clears of the associated focus type of OP)

2. lowers tier based unlock progression LOSS per campaign tally (ie: if you have all four tiers of an OP unlocked, and you have the focus set that pertains to that op, you will lose only one rank of said OP upon sunday conquest update, as opposed to 2 ranks if you do not have a focus set for that OP type)

I am almost certain the first is true, but there could also be more to focus like simply having it be easier to upgrade that specific stat for the nation

But yep! We've got OP unlocks almost completely figured out now, so it's just the luck of having to wait for northlands takeovers (oof) or losses around nations that don't lose often like windy on lakshmi

If anyone had a question about a specific OP unlock, feel free to ask, most are easy enough to figure out now that we know
 Asura.Bulbafett
user: Kaisr
By Asura.Bulbafett 2021-11-23 23:52:52
Link | Citer | R

I keep seeing this thread pop up and I've been reading updates as you guys figure things out. Is there any like one stop resource of info that you've "confirmed" and a checklist or anything for those of us who might be interested in trying to power up the master rank?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-23 23:54:19
Link | Citer | R

the tl;dr is get titles. aka just do stuff. It sounds that simple, it is that simple.

It's just a lot of stuff in that "do stuff" each rank feels like it takes forever with the amount of tasks between them.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-23 23:55:04
Link | Citer | R

do stuff, get titles

(mostly titles)

(and all the stuff)

(like all of it, because we are never going to really figure out anything else besides titles)

Eiryl can post his "where the titles are" node if he feels like sharing

And you can blame me for it continually popping up. Number in a game that increases mysteriously and doesn't give you anything in return? I'm DOWN.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-25 21:12:53
Link | Citer | R

This thread is kind of a strange place for it because I'm beginning to doubt anything Campaign-related has an impact on Mastery Rank, but here is a breakdown of the different Ops and my suspicions about how they get unlocked. Avereith has said most of this already, but I'm just going to summarize because the Ops have melted my brain.

There seem to be three kinds of requirements for ops to be available:
1) Zone control-related requirements
2) Repeat-related requirements
3) Medal-related requirements

I am going to ignore the medal-related requirements because it's possible to get Medal of Altana in a day or two now without leaving the city. Some missions, particularly the ones that involve entering instances, don't seem to have zone-related requirements. The "Standard" repeat requirement is that 16 of the previous tier unlocks the next tier, except if (mystery condition) and then 10 unlocks the next tier. For repeats, enthusiasm of the Op giver to your success doesn't seem to matter. A pass is a pass. Failures also don't matter, so feel free to cancel when the quartermaster asks you for a Wild Rarab Tail.

Category Name Zone Repeats
Resource Procurement Stock and Awe I~IV N/A Standard
Resource Procurement Materiel Storm I~IV N/A Standard
Resource Procurement Search and Seizure Requires beastmen control an area, possibly one that your nation could conceivably control. Perhaps requires Materiel Storm III and Stock and Awe III to be open
Supply Transport Vanguard-X I~III Your nation needs to control at least one zone outside of its stronghold Standard
Supply Transport Vanguard-X IV Your nation needs to control a northlands zone N/A
Supply Transport Crimson Domino I~III Your nation needs to control at least one zone outside of its stronghold Standard
Supply Transport Crimson Domino IV Your nation needs to control a northlands zone N/A
Supply Transport Bridge Too Far Your nation needs to control at least one normal zone outside of its stronghold Once opened when Crimson Domino hit level III, and once opened after 5 repeats of Crimson Domino II. Seemed to contribute to unlocking Crimson Domino III.
Security Streetsweeper I~III N/A Seems to share the unlock counter with Delta Strike I~III
Security Delta Strike I~III N/A Seems to share the unlock counter with Streetsweeper I~III
Security Steel Resolve I~III Your nation needs to control at least one normal zone outside of its stronghold Seems to share the unlock counter with Magna Cache I~III
Security Steel Resolve IV Your nation needs to control a northlands zone N/A
Security Magna Cache I~III Your nation needs to control at least one normal zone outside of its stronghold Seems to share the unlock counter with Steel Resolve I~III.
Security Magna Cache IV Your nation needs to control a northlands zone N/A
Security Hazardous Materials Your nation needs to control a northlands zone(?) Unlocked after multiple repeats of Delta Strike/Magna Cache
Supply Manufacture Crystal Fist I~IV N/A Standard
Supply Manufacture Iron Anvil I~IV N/A Standard
Offensive Operations Smokescreen I~IV Your nation must have lost control of at least one zone Standard*
Offensive Operations Smokescreen V Your nation must not control the northlands Standard, continuing after IV(?)
Offensive Operations Cracking Shells/Splitting Heirs/Plucking Wings Your nation must control the local beastman stronghold N/A
Offensive Operations Pit Spider I~III N/A Standard
Offensive Operations By the Light of Fire N/A Standard (continuing from Pit Spider III)
Offensive Operations Kinslayer: Baileys Must control castle zvahl baileys N/A
Offensive Operations Kinslayer: Keep Must control castle zvahl baileys: keep Perhaps requires reps of Baileys. Opened mid-week.
Offensive Operations Fiat Lux Must control the Northlands except the Throne Room N/A
Defensive Operations Aegis Scream I~IV Your nation must control a normal zone Standard*
Defensive Operations Aegis Scream V A nation must control a Xarc or Beauc N/A
Defensive Operations Granite Rose I~III N/A Standard
Intel Gathering Hawk Eye I~III Your nation must have lost one of their normal zones. Standard
Intel Gathering Hawk Eye IV Xarc or Beauc must be controlled by the Dark Kindred. N/A
Intel Gathering Slaughterhouse I~III Your nation must have lost one of their normal zones. Standard
Intel Gathering Slaughterhouse IV Xarc or Beauc must be controlled by the Dark Kindred. N/A
Intel Gathering Prying Eyes I Your nation's beastmen must control their stronghold. Appeared while spamming Slaughterhouse
Intel Gathering Prying Eyes II The Dark Kindred must control their stronghold. ???
Intel Gathering Deep Cover I~III N/A This unlocked very quickly through repeats. Might be linked with something like Magna/Steel.
Intel Gathering Bailey Borer Your nation needs to control Castle Zvahl Baileys(?) N/A
Intel Gathering Frozen Flame Dark Kindred need to control Xarc or Beauc N/A
Military Training Brave Dawn I~III N/A Standard
Military Training Cut and Cauterize I~III N/A Standard

* I suspect that Aegis Scream and Smokescreen auto-unlock at week change dependent on the number of zones your nation controls. So if you have lost zero zones, you start with Aegis Scream I~IV unlocked and Smokescreen I~IV is impossible to do. If you have lost one zone, you start with Aegis Scream I~IV and Smokescreen I unlocked. It isn't clear to me whether higher tiers are unlockable.

I know the display format for tables looks like crap here and I'll try to port whatever useful information exists elsewhere when the time comes.

Perhaps obviously to some, the worst Ops to unlock are Aegis Scream and Smokescreen. These are the two "do campaign in a zone your nation does/n't control" Ops. The key here is that you only need to unlock them when their conditions for auto-unlock aren't met, so, for instance, you would be trying to do campaign in the single zone your nation has lost 64 times in order to get Smokescreen from rank I to V. It's basically not possible. I might try to unlock Aegis Scream IV this week to see if unlocks are even possible, but what a royal PITA.

A close third place is, of course, Cut and Cauterize. This is easily the worst spammable Op. You have to interact frequently with a pair of NPCs to heal up to 8 other NPCs. It's miserable, but possible.

Every other Op is basically some form of trivial now. Transportation time is the biggest part of most Ops, and even that is way lower than it used to be. Reward amount from doing Ops is small compared to coalition assignments, but they're not exactly hard.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-26 06:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Ty for what seems to be the last word on our campaign op fun

Yeah I'm also starting to be on the train of, "only titles affect mastery and they have variable weight based on God knows what"

And that is even with them official stating otherwise here that it includes things like playtime and combat skills:

Mission progress I can understand being there now, because mission give titles. And maybe that's why campaign ops can be in the mission section but not count for squat.

But otherwise why would they make the segue on the bottom to mentioning titles correlating with progress, and then even go out of the way to mention Expeditionary force title, which is a content tracked in no other way on the game.

Then again, maybe that is why they mentioned titles, to let people know it's their method of tracking completion for things otherwise untracked, so don't neglect titles just because they aren't all saved in a status/mission/quest/key item menu on your character

There's not THAT many titles, so maybe it was just some guys job for a week to go through them one by one and give value to each based on importance, with high value being placed on hnms, final mission set titles, hard to achieve titles, titles that used to give Xbox achievements, etc. I would have defaulted to title worth being tied to gil value at the bard npcs since that's a lot less work, but idk it just doesnt feel right atm
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-26 07:26:51
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so:
* Playtime - unambiguous
* Mission Progress - Could be proxied by Titles
* Number of completed quests - Could be proxied by Titles
* Combat and magic skills - unambiguous
* Synthesis and Fishing skills - unambiguous, except that it's not clear whether Synergy and Chocobo Digging are included
* Number of trusts obtained - unambiguous
* Battle Content - could be proxied by Titles
* Non-battle Content - could be proxied by Titles

So that simplifies down to:
* Playtime - 1713 days
* Skill levels - GKT (SAM), Ninjutsu (NIN), and Automaton Skills (PUP) are uncapped. Synergy is only 19 and Chocobo Digging is still rank 0.
* Number of Titles - 954
* Number of Trusts obtained - Missing Murmor 1/2 and the monthly ROE doctor

I'll try to cap those skills either through books or through hitting stuff.

If Skill levels matter much at all, I suspect we're going to see a lot more Mastery Rank 8 players in the coming month due to Master Levels.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-26 07:37:43
Link | Citer | R

I don't, lol. We CONSTANTLY hear "there's nothing to do" and yet there are only a couple rank 8 people.

Skills aren't what's keeping the rest at rank 4
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-26 08:08:16
Link | Citer | R

I like to pretend it's all based on simple points. 1 point in a combat skill? One point. One point in a synthesis skill? One point. One day of playtime? One point. A quest/mission completion? One point. A key item of any sort? One point. A title that costs 500 gil to reset at the title bard? FIVE HUNDRED POINTS!

at least that's how I like to rationalize that titles matter so much more and people with 3k +days playtime aren't automatically high ranks
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-26 08:12:16
Link | Citer | R

My mule has Rank 5 with:

* Playtime - 2132 days
* Skill Levels - Maybe half way to the total cap
* Number of Titles - Just guessing ~500