Forum » FFXI » General » November 2020 Version Update
November 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
By SimonSes 2020-12-05 10:36:54
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
SimonSes said: »
Afania said: »
I doubt liking realistic human interaction in a MMO makes them "masochist". Just because you dislike something doesnt mean others who enjoying those are suffering like a masochist.

Have you read his post? He only mentioned and praised BAD realistic human interactions and said he love toxic people. He said toxic makes the game fun.

They didnt actually "praise" bad behavior, they praised realistic human interaction and cited toxic people as part of them.

Its not that toxic people makes the game fun, its more like realism makes the game fun and toxic people is just part of it.

Idk, he said he love toxic people and toxic makes the game fun (literally his words and quoted in last comment) and his most memorable moments are the one with toxicity involved. So I would say its you who assume what he feels now. I simply went with what he wrote. I havent assumed anything. Realistic human interactions are not only toxic ones but also joking when drunked for example (which would be mine most memorable experience from social part of the game) or even flirting and tons of others that are not toxic. He havent mentioned anything else but toxicity tho.

Also like I said I havent judged his enjoyment of dealing with toxicity at all. I had no problem with that. The only problem I had with his post is that he formed his own opinion like it was opinion of everyone. I think you really missed the point of my comment and you are just discussing with something that none wrote.
By Afania 2020-12-05 11:59:28
Link | Citer | R

Idk, he said he love toxic people and toxic makes the game fun (literally his words and quoted in last comment) and his most memorable moments are the one with toxicity involved.

Context, lol.

You gonna read the main point of their entire post(which was summarized in first 2 paragraphs), cant just quote one sentence or two in the very last supporting argument paragraph then consider that being the main point.

Their main point was "I love realism", then they explained why bad guys are important to achieve realism, then they said "I love toxic people" to emphasize that they are okay with toxic people. That sentence supports the main point, but its not the main point itself.

I doubt
Realistic human interactions are not only toxic ones but also joking when drunked for example (which would be mine most memorable experience from social part of the game) or even flirting and tons of others that are not toxic. He havent mentioned anything else but toxicity tho.

Because they were trying to form a counter argument about lowering social interaction in MMO due to "toxic people".

Of course the structure of their post would focus on "toxic isnt that bad" kind of point. Praising anything else in the post is missing the main point.

Quote:
The only problem I had with his post is that he formed his own opinion like it was opinion of everyone

I read the whole thing and I didnt feel this way. Sure they used "you" a lot in the post, but I see it more like a writing style that attempts to build connections with the right reader that agrees, less about attempting to represent everyone's opinion.
By SimonSes 2020-12-05 12:18:31
Link | Citer | R

Ok Afania Im seriously done talking with you. You always know better. You even know better what he meant, than him, since he haven't responded with any explanation similar to your. Not to mention you trying to respond after 16 days when discussion was clearly over. Also there was 2 other people understanding it in similar way like me and none understanding it like you. Drakefs even posting similar comment to mine, which you probably overlooked because you clearly have a problem with me personally. You are blocked both here and in game for the sake of my sanity and sanity of everyone on this forum, who is tired of watching our fights here. /goodbye
By Pantafernando 2020-12-05 12:45:30
Link | Citer | R

Lets hope that the couple can (not) reconcile...
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-12-05 13:03:20
Link | Citer | R

Afania is right about the writing style its pretty common in the UK. I completely understood the meaning behind it and well Dragons Aery was a ton of fun back when bots and MPKing was a thing.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-12-05 13:28:20
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »
well Dragons Aery was a ton of fun back when bots and MPKing was a thing.

For you maybe it was, for me it wasnt. It was fun because you could talk with people for few hours about various stuff, but it had nothing to do with Fafnir spawning claimed. From gameplay perspective it was fun when there was no bots and you could actually claim it. I will never forget when I claimed it and wasnt in alliance and was excited, hyped and stressed not to die and join alliance at the same time. When all you could do was watching which bot could win it was completely erased from any emotion and boring af.
By Taint 2020-12-05 13:35:27
Link | Citer | R

I did HNMs for years as a PS2 player and had some pretty epic claims. The intensity of HNMs was pretty awesome.

As long as I was productive between windows I found it enjoyable.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-12-05 13:55:37
Link | Citer | R

For you maybe it was, for me it wasnt. It was fun because you could talk with people for few hours about various stuff, but it had nothing to do with Fafnir spawning claimed. From gameplay perspective it was fun when there was no bots and you could actually claim it. I will never forget when I claimed it and wasnt in alliance and was excited, hyped and stressed not to die and join alliance at the same time. When all you could do was watching which bot could win it was completely erased from any emotion and boring af.

You are doing the same thing you were bitching about a page back....
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-12-05 14:36:28
Link | Citer | R

You are doing the same thing you were bitching about a page back....

You are kinda right, but I started whole paragraph with clearly saying for me it was that, for you it could be different, wheh his "you" was accompaniment to sentences like

RadialArcana said: »
These virtual worlds need more freedom and less complainers, they need bad guys, they need a living breathing world where you don't know what it gonna happen today when you login.
This is why modern mmorpgs suck, because there is no "world". It's just an extension of real life now and everyone is policed and controlled.
This is why people loved HNM so much, it was "toxic" as all hell and that's why it was so fun.

His whole post was one sided and suggested there is no alternative. The style might be the same, but added statements I quoted and no mention about other people could feel it different has totally different meaning than in my post.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2020-12-05 15:02:32
Link | Citer | R

clam down and become simondoesntses for a little bit bud
[+]
 Asura.Topace
Serveur: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-12-05 15:06:56
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Afania 2020-12-05 20:48:40
Link | Citer | R

His whole post was one sided and suggested there is no alternative.

No he didnt, at least I dont see it. He wrote his opinion but you read it as fact for w/e reason. Dont have an issue with you personally, if you want to think that way then too bad for us.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-07 01:17:36
Link | Citer | R

I don't think they cast death. They have Endeath on melee attacks, which makes shadows and a red mage invaluable for enfeebling. They have a 5-hit we move that strips shadows and can leave your DDs vulnerable to eat dirt (happens every time to non ninjas without proper casting).
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-12-07 02:58:58
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They have Endeath..

Oof.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-12-07 03:37:38
Link | Citer | R

I think only the main boss has endeath, and only after his HP gets under a certain threshold iir

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-12-07 09:08:39
Link | Citer | R

Tincans are also immune to the endeath IIRC

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-08 09:08:02
Link | Citer | R

I was legitimately wondering how the update thread from one of the smallest updates we've seen in years could push 12 pages.

Then I saw a Afania/SimonSes conversation.

Question answered.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-12-08 09:16:52
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I was legitimately wondering how the update thread from one of the smallest updates we've seen in years could push 12 pages.

Question answered.
Just wait until Thursday then. If we don't get to 15 pages, I will be surprised.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-08 09:18:00
Link | Citer | R

When you get two people who argue just to argue it do be that way.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-12-08 09:20:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Like us?

BTW, you smell. Prove me wrong.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-08 09:22:28
Link | Citer | R

Question answered.

For the record, I do hope they both know I luv 'em. Maybe not always at the same time.... <3 But deep down they good people.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-12-08 09:23:37
Link | Citer | R

But deep down they good people.
Lies. Slander. Libel.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-08 10:05:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
But deep down they good people.
Lies. Slander. Libel.

I'll accept 2 of 3. But I didn't say jack ***out loud, so you take back that Slander comment.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-12-08 12:44:06
Link | Citer | R

LOL yesterday I was browsing the WAR "non-traditional weapons" (not-GA) thread. It has been around for ~14 months, was on page 10. Left the window open on my computer and had to do some work, came back in the evening and it was on PAGE 14 from an unnecessarily heated discussion, almost entirely between two people (neither of whom were SimonSes or Afania!), about IS SUBTLE BLOW GOOD OR BAD. In a Warrior topic...

It started pretty innocently too:
Spaitin said: »
If anyone is interested, this is the subtle blow set I have been using with war. If anyone can come up with something better, post it. Id like to see what other ideas are out there.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-08 12:54:34
Link | Citer | R

There's too much "I'm right" instead of "we play this way"

There's only one right way and anything that's even slightly less optimal is WRONG and we'll fight for 10 *** pages about it!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-08 13:35:25
Link | Citer | R

That's literally every thread, just change jobs/names of commenters (sometimes dont):

NIN thread harmless question: "is sange good?"
*5 pages of 3 dps difference between shuriken, wasting shurikens on dumb ja, etc*

MNK thread harmless question: "whats the optimal kicking TP set"
*5 pages of why you should just use meva in your tp set instead cuz of debuffs, ignore question entirely*

THF thread harmless question: "Anyone have a good evasion set?"
*5 pages about why Evasion is a useless stat, don't bother using it, SE should fix that, new JA idea to make Evasion useful, etc*

If we didn't have conversations like this, this website would not be as entertaining as it is.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-08 13:38:47
Link | Citer | R

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13