November 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-11-18 10:54:18
Link | Citer | R

Miracle Cheer or the Staff seems to be the best. Miracle Cheer is great for prebuffing for Aeonics or other events like Master Trials. 15 minutes of SV+CC +3 instrument songs could be better than 12 minutes of SV+CC +4 instrument songs for longer fights.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-11-18 11:20:05
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
I wonder if thats on SE or them. Like if they can do all that, but choose not to, or are simply not allowed to type single word anywhere unless its official statement copy/paste.

I think they are just afraid of interacting with the communities of the games they are paid to interact with, which is like a life guard afraid of water.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-18 11:24:40
Link | Citer | R

I would at least be fair that it's both.

Some things they aren't allowed to do and some things they simply don't care enough to do.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-11-18 11:27:32
Link | Citer | R

I mean really we have no idea right? With that said would be great if they could engage more
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-18 11:45:15
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
SimonSes said: »
I wonder if thats on SE or them. Like if they can do all that, but choose not to, or are simply not allowed to type single word anywhere unless its official statement copy/paste.

I think they are just afraid of interacting with the communities of the games they are paid to interact with, which is like a life guard afraid of water.

They are also reps for XIV which they do a lot more with. I just assumed that also being reps for XI was more of an after thought for SE because why do they need reps now for a 20 year old game.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-11-18 14:54:10
Link | Citer | R

A good community rep pays their own salary and more with new and returning players. FFXI being 20 years old doesn't matter since it still makes a really good amount of money anyway.

I know games much smaller than FFXI that have community reps and they bust their *** trying to promote the game, help players, passing on players issues and invigorating players.

The problem is the ones we have are ardent ff14 players who are forced to also do their job for ff11, take on ONE community rep for FFXI. It really saddens me when I think what someone who really loves this game could do and we have people who don't give a damn instead.

But hey, whtaever they aren't gonna do it so it is what it is.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-11-18 15:59:16
Link | Citer | R

the game needs in game content, not out of game content. if SE was going to hire i really hope they would not hire someone else for the community
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-11-18 16:17:00
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, a crew of folks, per-server, that wanted to hop on and purely assist some new folks to get their feet wet would be the way to go.

Buuuuuuuuut..... That is supposed to be what the community itself ought to be doing, bored with the game? Scrape together a bunch of newbs and run them through content.....

Complaining about lack of content combined with the gap that is vet vs newb.....

I call out everyone who has a good handle on the current game, to take on an apprentice and have fun guiding and watching them progress.

Buuuuuuuuut..... Likely that most vets will not be bothered to do that without mercing people into apathy. Because.... "What do I get out of it!?!" Is the prevalent attitude.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-11-18 17:02:23
Link | Citer | R

pretty stupid *** take considering theres 0 "new" players. there's people who return but there's not any "new" players. and unless they've been living under a rock if they actually are a new player they'll google a guide or something, like literally everyone under the age of 60 does.

no idea why people keep pitching this idea and it's that same dumb take that got us this shitty mentor chat instead of some actual content

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Shermansmith
By Asura.Shermansmith 2020-11-18 18:58:45
Link | Citer | R

@endxen most don't appreciate it. Your right. But, what if no one ever tried? It would be the end indefinitely. Leaving the door open, rather than closing it.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-18 19:02:16
Link | Citer | R

Stop saying there are no new players and returnees there are.

You see them often posting on the reddit sub and also I go out of my way to help people who shout for help with things and from talking to them I know they are new or long time returnees. Almost all new players returnees I've talked to tend to be from ff14, that either want to experience the previous game / story or are bored due to "content drought" and see playing XI as something to do till next patch.

The problem isn't that there aren't players to take advantage of the new channel, the problem is they can't / don't want to / don't really know how to use it.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-11-18 19:14:56
Link | Citer | R

yeah, i think all the other mmos get players by catering to new players with chat systems and not adding any new content. i mean look at WoW, they definitely have added less content than ffxi over the last years and have less subs. i mean really, who doesn't want to play a game that hasn't had meaningful content in 4+ years? (this is all sarcasm if you're unable to tell).

radialarcana you're shitting up all these topics with this same bad take. also i explicitly said there are returness. there's no new players that stick around though and if they do they google a guide, they don't read chat lore, that age of MMO gaming died decades ago, sorry you're stuck in it.

stop letting SE get away with this with your stupid takes
By RadialArcana 2020-11-18 19:36:41
Link | Citer | R

Have you even played it for an extended amount of time? all you do is *** and moan about it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-11-18 23:21:35
Link | Citer | R

Digimon masters online of course!
[+]
 Asura.Shermansmith
By Asura.Shermansmith 2020-11-19 01:47:13
Link | Citer | R

"The world is the main character, the player is the story and the community is the content." kid3050 who made a youtube video recently about leaving Blizzard because of the direction of WoW and it's virtual world. I thought I'd leave the quote here. Please note, I'm not comparing wow to ffxi or vis a versa.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-19 06:04:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shermansmith said: »
"The world is the main character, the player is the story and the community is the content." kid3050 who made a youtube video recently about leaving Blizzard because of the direction of WoW and it's virtual world. I thought I'd leave the quote here. Please note, I'm not comparing wow to ffxi or vis a versa.

I watched his video and I agree. Modern developers (this is far less of an issue on FFXI but they have totally destroyed wow with care bear mentality) and players are starting to forget that it's not the content as much as the people that make these games so interesting and worth playing. The things that made the MMORPG genre so awesome was the worlds and the thing that made the worlds interesting was the people. Virtual worlds used to be so fun because you could be anything and do anything without the restraints you get irl, now people treat online like it's real life. muh harassment of my virtual character, muh offended, muh bullying, muh w/e

When you think back about on FFXI (or wow) what are the memorable moments? The people! the weirdos, the trolls, the asshats that stole your stuff, the party that camped ontop of you and made everyone mad, the freaks, the bad guys, the mpk trains, the guy that walked up and popped the nm you were about to spawn and waited for the other guy to finish on, the sloot that fooled the linkshell leader into getting more drops and then turned out to be a guy, the guy that stole your NM. You felt like you were logging into a real world because you were, the people made it a real experience. It was hilarious, and every day was unpredictable.

These virtual worlds need more freedom and less complainers, they need bad guys, they need a living breathing world where you don't know what it gonna happen today when you login. When everything is sanitized it's BORING and when it's boring you might as well just do RL crap, it's predictable. You login, do what you logged in to do and then you logout with nothing out of the ordinary happening outside of if you got the drop or not. If everyone is controlled and afraid to me mean they might as well be all NPCs in an offline game.

Modern mmos are way too sanitized cause people *** about muh toxic people. I love toxic people, they are the spice that keeps you logging in or coming back. You know how boring it is when everyone is not "toxic" and everyone is "nice" and nobody disagrees? This is why modern mmorpgs suck, because there is no "world". It's just an extension of real life now and everyone is policed and controlled.

I still remember my first collibri party on bard when another party of evil satanic devil worshipping puppy punchers camped ontop of us and ruined our xp, and everyone got real mad and went into Super Saiyan (and by super saiyan I meant we were on the bring of wiping constantly) mode and we had 5 mobs slept and the other party was doing the same, we were talking trash to each other in say, we were casting dia on mobs the other party had slept, we mocked them and sent mean tells when anyone died, our hearts were racing. Then when they left 3 hours later we all said how great it was cause we made them leave and we won! (even though it was 3 hours and they were gonna leave anyway). This would never happen in a modern mmo because they would design it in a way so there was no limited resources in the first place that would cause the drama.

This is why people loved HNM so much, it was "toxic" as all hell and that's why it was so fun.

I remember the first time playing a non FFXI mmorpg and being unable to leave the town because there was some high level tophats killing everyone on the bridge, this went on for 3-4 hours and the town had 50-100 people unable to leave. At the time I was furious because I just wanted to level but looking back on it now it was glorious, I still remember it because it was so exciting and strange. Then some high level "good guys" came and killed them and a semi war happened for 30 mins while we watched and jeered and cheered in world chat until they they got bored and left. That would never happen these days, not only would they design the game so you can't do it the GMs would ban them for harassment or something.

Honestly even now in hippy 2020 FFXI is still one of the better experiences because the GMs still put far less control over people than something like FF14. They still respect the chaos of the world.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-11-19 07:40:11
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Have you even played it for an extended amount of time? all you do is *** and moan about it.
aren't you the guy who just posted that he just came back from ff14?

yeah, i've been here the whole time. sounds like you haven't been and you're trying to press your ***opinions on how SE needs to cater to new players and lose all their current ones.
By SimonSes 2020-11-19 07:59:40
Link | Citer | R

Sounds more like you are masochist that like to be frustrated etc. Maybe your RL is predictable and easy (good for you), but mine for sure isn't and I don't look for more frustration in online games and my best memories are also not connected with anything like that. Quite the opposite, in game I search for steady grind and comfort of being in place that have rules I know and outcomes I can predict. My best memories is from having fun with my friend during our Abyssea grinds.

So kindly stop writing like you are the voice of the community, because for sure you are not representing my feelings and point of view.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-11-19 09:17:03
Link | Citer | R

There are new players, they just don't post here because all that's here is shitheads like you whining about how there's no new content and the new content they do add doesn't count.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-11-19 09:20:09
Link | Citer | R

asura's population was peaking around 4000~ 3 months ago. lately it's lucky to hit 2700.

rooks doesn't publish historical data for ffxaih but you can confirm that we have been on a downward trend for a while by checking database numbers on waybackmachine or something. this is due to the current content drip by SE.

if there are new players, they are being heavily outweighed by current players quitting. anyone saying otherwise has no idea what they are talking about whatsoever and has 0 data to back up their claim.

SE should definitely be focusing on creating content for current players, not catering to "new" players (of which i'd argue 95% are returnees.)

thanks
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-19 09:40:34
Link | Citer | R

You know, world after covid, unemployment, recession, all factor that cobtributes to reduce the amount of people playing not just ffxi but any other game.

You cant blame it all on a single factor. Everything has some contribution, good or bad
By Draylo 2020-11-19 09:48:05
Link | Citer | R

I personally know a handful that have quit due to lack of content. Sadly we are in quite the content drought atm and it seems SE doesn't care to let us know whats going on or what to expect. NOV being sold as "more content that was why OCT was lite" then we come to see its void of anything. The new missions are all short 5 minute cutscenes, etc. I think we are in a drought and the numbers are reflecting that.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2020-11-19 10:05:24
Link | Citer | R

It honestly seems pretty delusional to think the lack of new content isn't driving numbers down. Quarantine probably helped keep sub numbers afloat for quite a while through the Spring and early Summer same as they did for pretty much every game out there, but it couldn't last forever. People just run out of ***to do; I like XI as much as anybody but there comes a point when there's literally nothing for you to really do.

An interesting December update coinciding with what will probably be the bleakest winter in the life of any living American might help things but I'm not holding my breath.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-11-19 10:09:53
Link | Citer | R

yeah, it's really flabbergasting that people are arguing that the content released recently from SE is acceptable but this game has always had an insane amount of white knights playing mithras.

we get it, covid slowed down the content, all of us that had to shift to working from home understand it was a change, but if we're sitting here at month 8 into working from home and you still haven't figured out how to get your people to work that's the sign of an incredibly dysfunctional company that probably should be looking at new management
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-11-19 10:12:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Suteru said: »
There are new players, they just don't post here because all that's here is shitheads like you whining about how there's no new content and the new content they do add doesn't count.

I don't read all things coming out and only play a few nights a week with a couple friends doing small group things for fun. Honestly wondering though, what new content has been released that isn't being counted? The last thing I can even think of that might be counted as released content was Shoel C reskin of B and A?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-19 10:25:45
Link | Citer | R

The entirety of odyssey is "doesn't count as content"

It's just (inefficient) non-bot spark farming - End result being gil, no gear. Rookie mistake saying "new content" but has no reward.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-11-19 10:32:07
Link | Citer | R

So Lilith fight is probably last thing added?
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-19 10:44:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tsm said: »
yeah, it's really flabbergasting that people are arguing that the content released recently from SE is acceptable but this game has always had an insane amount of white knights playing mithras.

we get it, covid slowed down the content, all of us that had to shift to working from home understand it was a change, but if we're sitting here at month 8 into working from home and you still haven't figured out how to get your people to work that's the sign of an incredibly dysfunctional company that probably should be looking at new management

You are mixing up a dysfunctional company with a game they no longer really care about that has probably what 20k-50k players?

You have things like XVI in development and the game everyone on here hates XIV. Lets just face it the only endgame content that is even meaningful is making Ultimate Weapons and what do people do when they have them all? What do you do when you have cleared all the content? What do you do when people you talk to no longer log on?

"SE needs to make more content" is the phrase i see being passed around and lets face it there is going to come a time that making content for XI is no longer profitable. All we are getting now is band-aid content like Odyssey and Ambuscade and because they are super easy because they are designed for lower geared characters. It wouldnt surprise me if Empy+2 and +3 comes from Odyssey and again it will be easy and anyone with maxed end game gear is going to clear it quickly and have Empy+3 finished.

Asura.Biglovin said: »
So Lilith fight is probably last thing added?

Still band-aid content all i did was spam E with my PUP and my COR alt and now im done with that fight.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13