SP Ability Delay Evoliths Info

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » SP Ability Delay Evoliths Info
SP Ability Delay Evoliths Info
First Page 2
By soralin 2020-08-25 13:14:44
Link | Citer | R

So, its a bit of an old system that I know most folks prolly may have never even touched, but I realised that you can (theoeretically) stack up to -13 JA ability delay, give or take, for lv 1 SP Abilities.

Combined with the -15 from mastering the job, that brings you down to only 32 min recast, which may be short enough for some events to no longer require running back to and resetting, seems good.

But looking up the only info page I could find, here:

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Evolith

Indicates SP Ability Delay- evoliths get up to size 6 (which gives -3 delay), however the hunts listed only reward up to size 1~3, sometimes 5, and some of the SP Abilities have 3 hunts listed while others list 2.

Im assuming this data is not finished then.

Anyone actually able to confirm they have seen size 6+ SP Ability delay evoliths, preferably have them socketed in gear they can show?

Ebur gear goes up to socket size 8 even, which is weird if evoliths dont even get that big.

Kind of makes me really wonder if there's even higher tiers for evoliths very rarely from hunts no one ever got. Could theoretically push <30 min cooldowns on SP abilities if so.

Stuff like Astral Flow, Wild Card, and Perfect dodge (for odyssey chest farming) especially would be sweet to have on a sub 30min timer.

Curious to hear what sorts of stuff other peeps have found.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-25 13:32:25
Link | Citer | R

There's 44 pages on it on BG if you wanna go diggin' https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/85534-Hunts-and-Evolith-Discussion

I'm probably one of the few around that have done it and/or was there for it.

It seems extremely ridiculous, but you can explain it in like 3 sentences.

Get the gear, 3 mordants, synergize slot 1EmptyTriangleUp/2DoubleCircle/3FilledTriangleUp

Go start the hunt (only 1 appropriate mob with 6 size per job) and obtain the Evolith, Triangle/Circle 1~8 Size

Syngerize it into the slot.

(You only need 2 slots and doublecircle for just 2hour-)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-25 13:57:21
Link | Citer | R

soralin said: »
So, its a bit of an old system that I know most folks prolly may have never even touched, but I realised that you can (theoeretically) stack up to -13 JA ability delay, give or take, for lv 1 SP Abilities.

Keep in mind that all SP1 abilities that matter, there is a corresponding piece of Relic that increases it's duration by 30 seconds or gives some unique effect to its use (Wild Card comes to mind). Most people would use that armor slot for that piece, so ability reduction delay from this gear would be slightly smaller that you stated in practice.

Someone the other day mentioned this Evolith process (which I had no idea about, I was away from game during this time) and it took five minutes of research to conclude that it was not worth it to me to pursue the grind this probably is. Still, I wouldn't mind someone to explain how this process works to validate or correct my own thoughts about it.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-25 14:13:56
Link | Citer | R

Using WHM/RDM/BLM/BRDSMN/BLU/SCH/GEO set as an example:

Furia Beret: Max slot size = 4 capping at -2 minutes off
Furia Frock: Max slot size = 6 capping at -3 minutes off
Furia Mitts: Max slot size = 3 capping at -1 minute off
Furia Slops: Max slot size = 3 capping at -1 minute off
Furia Clogs: Max slot size = 3 capping at -1 minute off

You're looking at -5 inventory for an equip swap set that would give -8 minutes off and when paired with -15 minutes off for master, that's a 1 hour SP every 37 minutes.

You also need to take into consideration the 1 Hour SP boost from +3 Relic pieces. As an example, WHM Body has an "Enhances Benediction effect" as its augment so you would need to ignore Furia Frock and its -3 minutes off.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-08-25 14:56:53
Link | Citer | R

This was some of the worst content they added, The books are an eyesore as useless as they are
[+]
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2020-08-25 15:03:03
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
This was some of the worst content they added, The books are an eyesore as useless as they are

I'm glad they brought back the styles for weapons with blurred. I really loved having that look... even if I couldn't upgrade them.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-25 15:05:54
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget that was around the time that FFXIclopedia sold out to Wikia and decided to straight up yoink all of FFXIclopedia's content (under creative common use "rules") to make the mirror site gamer escape. This split the already limited contributors to FFXIclopedia that were dedicated to keeping it updated. It was also when a ton of things needed to be added due to synergy.

God, that was such a ***show.

At least it was the major shift in site usefulness. You can see things pre-synergy and post-synergy as being FFXIclopedia-centric and BGWiki-centric as far as getting "updated" or useful information. FFXIclopedia is good for legacy content and BGWiki is good for the new/current info. It is VERY rare that I have to go to FFXIclopedia for something I can't find on BGWiki.
[+]
By Nariont 2020-08-25 15:07:18
Link | Citer | R

as said i dont see too many instances where even dropping it to 37~34 minutes would be all that ideal, sides dyna d nothing generally runs longer than 30 minutes and then you can go reset through various means

That whole period is some dark times of throwing darts at a wall and seeing if it sticks, then ignoring it anyway, fae weapon augments were alright from what i remember atleast, though the whole rng+only having i think 5 attempts at it was pretty trash
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-08-25 16:33:11
Link | Citer | R

This isn't reflected in the text description, but when SP recast timers got reduced from 2hr to 1hr, the effectiveness of the Ability Delay evoliths got cut in half also.

So when it says "-1", what you really are getting is "-30 sec".
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-25 16:57:24
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
This isn't reflected in the text description, but when SP recast timers got reduced from 2hr to 1hr, the effectiveness of the Ability Delay evoliths got cut in half also.

[+]
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-25 17:26:38
Link | Citer | R

I also stumbled upon this quite a while ago (end of 2018 I think?), but as everybody else in here decided that the amount of time to get all the gear AND to get big enough evoliths wasn't really worth the effort in the end. The last nail on the coffin was this:

-4 inv AND possibly weeks of work for -7min total? Gross.
By soralin 2020-08-25 19:30:54
Link | Citer | R

So to note, I already have the pieces.

Luckily Wild Card's Relic piece is boots, which is the weakest one so we dont lose much.

Good to know, so we end up with I believe -5 recast off Wild Card then, so we go from 45 to 40 min recast.

Still seems worth it to me, since I often use my corsair mule for wild card stuff between runs, they are only a corsair so they have plenty of wardrobe space that can handle -4 inventory.

Also, I like how the set looks anyways.

I dont mind the hunt effort, its fun to go do some solo content. The entire point of the game is to put work in for small upgrades here and there.

Ive got capped synergy and skills high enough to do all that part of the work on my own too so its not even that much work.

Literally all I have left to do is the actual evolith farming, thus this thread.

Also:

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Using WHM/RDM/BLM/BRDSMN/BLU/SCH/GEO set as an example:

Furia Beret: Max slot size = 4 capping at -2 minutes off
Furia Frock: Max slot size = 6 capping at -3 minutes off
Furia Mitts: Max slot size = 3 capping at -1 minute off
Furia Slops: Max slot size = 3 capping at -1 minute off
Furia Clogs: Max slot size = 3 capping at -1 minute off

Wrong set tho, Ebur generic set has the sockets for SP delay.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Synergy/Item_Etching/All_Recipes

Ebur head: 6 (-1.5)
Ebur body: 8 (-1.5)
Ebur hands: 5 (-1)
Ebur legs: 5 (-1)
Ebur feet: 5 (-1)

So 6 minutes off *post nerf*, assuming these evoliths only go that high.

Note that the ffxiclopedia page only has evoliths notated up to size 6, it doesnt even have info for size 7/8 if it goes that high, which is odd because ebur body has a size 8 socket. But even weirder yet, I dont even see any hunts notated that give size 6 evoliths, so how do we know what a size 6 gives? And why do some abilities have 3 hunts, others 2? Are hunts missing? Probably.

Thats why I made this thread, has anyone put work into farming this ever? Has anyone seen higher?

Because if theoretically a size 8 gives -2.5 minutes, that actually brings us up to closer to -7 minutes off the recast, which puts us at 38 min recast.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I think armies of WC mules, Cutting cards, MMM, and Cuijatender basically killed any hype of this system though. It sounds good, but having to carry -4 inventory for an SP that isn't used so often is likely not flattering to most. You can reset your SP in the same amount of reduction time you get from the gear.

A WC mule is precisely what Im getting this gear for, to be precise, shaving off as much delay as I can off my WC mule sounds nice.

I also may do it for Perfect Dodge, because its an extremely useful ability to use in Odyssey during lockpicking runs and I have had enough instances where PD still had 5 minutes on its cooldown when I could use it, that this gear actually would've made my run go a lot smoother.

I dont think for most abilities its worth it.

But I think it really shines for Wild Card and Perfect dodge, for these specific use cases.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-08-25 22:33:30
Link | Citer | R

why don't you do one run with your main then one with your mule instead of running the same char twice in a row? would also solve your perfect dodge cooldown issue.
By soralin 2020-08-26 01:51:57
Link | Citer | R

I do, thats the thing, lol.

My fastest run Ive done was in just under 15 minutes.
By Shichishito 2020-08-26 03:59:54
Link | Citer | R

odyssey is designed so that you don't have enough time to completely exhaust everything the zone has to offer within the 30 minutes time limit. opened all chests? continue to kill fodder, nostos or pop some NMs.

unless you have endless mules lined up to pop more chests till the cooldown on your first char has reset or a better way to earn gil i don't see why you'd exit early.
By soralin 2020-08-26 04:47:08
Link | Citer | R

Yeah Im not killing fodder on my thief mules lol, there's a reason Im trying to get Perfect dodge cooldown down haha
By Shichishito 2020-08-26 05:04:22
Link | Citer | R

i assume your mules can kill fodder in odyssey if they are mastered. multiple hides or scales are not uncommon from fodder, especially on higher floors and TH.
By gargurty 2020-08-26 08:14:02
Link | Citer | R

to bad there this isnt for geo. Else i would try to make a set of this stuff ; ;
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2020-08-26 09:11:57
Link | Citer | R

I did the Evoliths and accompanied Hunts system back in the day. It was a fun side adventure, but like others here have already said:

It's a timesink and is largely a chore for the meager rewards it offers.

Also, this was legitimately one of the last pieces of content Tanaka had any influence on before ffxi changed directors. So yes, it's unfinished content that was simply left in the game as is.
[+]
By soralin 2020-08-26 14:20:36
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
i assume your mules can kill fodder in odyssey if they are mastered. multiple hides or scales are not uncommon from fodder, especially on higher floors and TH.

They are 0 JP naked thiefs. Not a chance in hell haha
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-08-26 19:07:55
Link | Citer | R

gargurty said: »
to bad there this isnt for geo. Else i would try to make a set of this stuff ; ;

furia coat set. geo is on it
By soralin 2020-08-26 19:10:48
Link | Citer | R

There isnt an evolith for geo though
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1195 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2023-12-04 19:55:25
Link | Citer | R

You can only get -2 on head, -3 on body, -1 on hands, legs, & feet.

Each -1 = 30 seconds.

Grand total of 4 minutes maximum.

Not useful for much. That said It could very well be useful for Sortie purposes, in particular BRD, SCH, & COR.

I have the -2 head, -3 body, -1 legs, & -1 feet on WAR (-3:30) but have yet to see anything greater than -2 for BRD, COR, or SCH.

Wikipedia's information is very incomplete if that wasn't obvious already. But the Hunt system wasn't ever completely finished as far as I can tell. And wasn't even particularly useful even back then.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-04 20:33:52
Link | Citer | R

How much of a time sink are we talking here to acquire SP reduction evoliths etc.? Its interesting for a extremely niche upgrade, but if the time investment is extreme I don't really see anyone doing it
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-04 20:35:10
Link | Citer | R

Actual time, like 2 hours total. It's just pick it, go there, kill it. Hope for dorp. Unfortunately you can only do 1 hunt per hour.

So that 2 hours is spread across 20 hours.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2023-12-04 20:43:45
Link | Citer | R

It's not hard to get the evoliths you need for WAR.

It's time consuming for BRD.

Not horrible for COR or SCH.

1) Obtain Ebon armor.
2) Obtain Ebur Pigments which only drop from 3 NM's.
3) Synergy Ebon Armor into Ebur Armor.
4) Etch slot 1 with whatever doesn't matter, but avoid light as it makes it a little harder for the next etch. (Synergy)
5) Etch slot 2, only one option here, may have to erase and re-do it if you do not get the right size etched into the armor. (Synergy)
6) Slot your evolith (Synergy)

The time comes from farming Ebur Pigments and NM's for your evolith.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-04 20:59:42
Link | Citer | R

The time consuming part is getting the scyld. It takes 2-3 hunts to get a single evolith and the # may not be maxed.

I've never seen a +3.

Can't use one piece (legs for BRD, feet for COR) because you need to use the JSE for the ability.

I made a few pieces for COR but I don't carry them around with me or use them for WC because 99.99% of the time, 2 minutes off your WC will not matter at all.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2023-12-04 22:44:49
Link | Citer | R

Hunts for t2 vnms cost 0 to hunt and give 40. It’s not even that time consuming to farm scyld.

The -3 for war I have came from the pugil vnm in ronfaure
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-04 22:59:05
Link | Citer | R

Probably depends on the job, I guess, I never looked into the NMs for WAR.

For COR to get the best WC rolls you have to fight Powderer Penny who costs 45 Scylds and gives 15. So it takes at least 2 hours per kill (1 for her, 1 for a T2 VWNM). To get started, you need to do a VWNM twice in a row. I guess every 4 times you do this it *only* takes 1 hour, except the bee has a 90-120m cooldown, so it's still 2 hours.

It's not much work, it's only like ~10 minutes to kill the VWNM and < 5 to kill PP, but it's a not-insignificant wait and I think I got like...2 -1s, a -2, and no -3s, so...chances of getting multiple -2s and a -3 are...not great...

I think when I looked, the -2s wouldn't fit in anything except the body/head of the COR set, so the actual numbers are more like...
-2 head
-3 body
-1 hands
-1 legs
Nothing in feet (relic feet)

This probably varies depending on job
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-04 23:39:57
Link | Citer | R

And if i'm understanding correctly your example would be -3:30 on WC? since each -1 is 30 seconds
[+]
First Page 2