August BST Update

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » August BST Update
August BST Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By janeash123 2020-07-30 10:03:18
Link | Citer | R

"Next up are job adjustments, which will be coming to beastmasters this month. We’ve got some adjustments to accuracy, magic accuracy, and subtle blow that take effect when a beastmaster and their pet are attacking the same target. We’re also adding a veritable herd of new pets to your menagerie! Rather than one-size-fits-all pets, we’ve elected to bring ones with very specific strengths and weaknesses. One thing of note: Our beastmaster adjustments for this month are predicated on the belief that beastmasters’ strength should be fighting together with their pets, while leaving the door open for other adjustments at a later date."

I can't melee along side my pet when every time I hit Ready, I lose my tp because I have to equip charmer's merlin to reduce Ready commands.

SIGH!!!!!!

Points for effort but no biscuit SE.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-30 10:06:44
Link | Citer | R

Well, you can melee but you can't WS.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-30 10:14:51
Link | Citer | R

I don't see why they refuse to nerf Charmer's Merlin and imbue its original augment by default into BST?
Or wouldn't that be a solution either?
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-07-30 10:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Why are you using Merlin's, D. Tassets will get you to cap... (as a mastered bst with merits).
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-07-30 10:17:59
Link | Citer | R

Didnt they remove the need for merlin already? I thiught you just needed the pants. The timers are already at 10 seconds no need really to swap axes just lock them in and then go to town.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-07-30 10:27:30
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if OP even play the game. Like mentioned by people above, Merlin issue was already addressed several months ago.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-30 10:35:10
Link | Citer | R

Get your kraken clubs out. That accuracy update about to give BST the RNG-levels of accuracy
By SimonSes 2020-07-30 10:41:01
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Get your kraken clubs out. That accuracy update about to give BST the RNG-levels of accuracy

No joke, having KC, I might actually have a reason to make BST finally. Same issue like for 5 other jobs I want to make tho, no inventory space.
 Asura.Epigram
By Asura.Epigram 2020-07-30 10:56:37
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

No joke, having KC, I might actually have a reason to make BST finally. Same issue like for 5 other jobs I want to make tho, no inventory space.

That's what I've already been doing :) This update will make it more fun for decimation spam. It actually helps that bst is higher ranked in club compared to ranger, not that it matters that much given the accuracy bonus's that ranger gets.

BST actually has some useful gear for this, they can use reiki yotai, emicho +1 gloves for DW and +62 acc and the new O. hat for +70 acc. If the acc bonus is +50 I'd be very happy. If Acc is high enough it might be a fun kei tactic :P
 Asura.Hotworks
user: arcajeth
By Asura.Hotworks 2020-07-30 10:58:17
Link | Citer | R

If it’s too strong every one and their mom will be back on BST again. FFXI is prob the most fotm’d mmo to ever exist
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-30 11:03:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Epigram said: »

That's what I've already been doing :) This update will make it more fun for decimation spam. It actually helps that bst is higher ranked in club compared to ranger, not that it matters that much given the accuracy bonus's that ranger gets.

BST actually has some useful gear for this, they can use reiki yotai, emicho +1 gloves for DW and +62 acc and the new O. hat for +70 acc. If the acc bonus is +50 I'd be very happy. If Acc is high enough it might be a fun kei tactic :P

BST is the ideal job to utilize that weapon since Dolichenus is so good for it. Paired with Rage, Snarl, Malignance etc, it has all the necessary sets even before having to dabble with the new acc gear. I think if the accuracy buff to BST is something like 75-100~, it will make a big difference.

Actually, Suppanomimi + Emicho +1 hands will put them exactly at 11%
By SimonSes 2020-07-30 11:15:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Epigram said: »

Meh lol, I would still use 5/5 Malignance and just go with Reiki+Eabani. Massive meva, DT and Mali gloves has more acc and store TP. With Emicho you could go for more offensive earring, but I cant see how that would offset 5 storeTP, 4~5 acc, 80meva, -5%DT and potentially even use of 4%PDL. Ofc Emicho helps pet too, but I think that would be build definitely focused on master.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-07-30 11:19:03
Link | Citer | R

Really sucks that they can't make armor that is BiS for master and at least good for pet too. Always a give/take on pet jobs lol
[+]
By Ermah 2020-07-30 12:43:59
Link | Citer | R

The OP made me laugh, people complaining about BST who don't even seem to play it.

I am excited for the new pets personally. Specialized pets sounds amazing. I'd love a magical pet that has the destructive AoE power of the cricket, or even some non-water based MB.

Perhaps a power-house physical ready pet attack too.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-07-30 12:48:31
Link | Citer | R

I know that Malig is so OP, but why not SU3? My pup wears Ambu/SU3 gears for master/pet sets? would that not work for BST? I only wear 5/5 Malig on pup when I have AM3 with mythic up.
 Sylph.Snk
Serveur: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-07-30 13:17:09
Link | Citer | R

I'm only curious about the new jugs. I'm really hope for something strong enough to get people the *** off Bertha.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-30 13:20:35
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Snk said: »
I'm only curious about the new jugs. I'm really hope for something strong enough to get people the *** off Bertha.

At face value it sounds like that's the case. However, whichever pet comes out on top will be the only pet again. It's really not any different.

You'll have slug for party play, raaz/sheep for specific buff and whichever is the new top pet as "the only" pet. Bertha will probably stay "top cleave" pet though, hard to imagine them giving a new better aoe.
By Nariont 2020-07-30 13:37:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gotenn said: »
I know that Malig is so OP, but why not SU3? My pup wears Ambu/SU3 gears for master/pet sets? would that not work for BST? I only wear 5/5 Malig on pup when I have AM3 with mythic up.

Back when i played pup i tried to avoid as much heyoka as i could, opting to just run head/legs + haste back, its an okay set but i hated the loss in tp gain on my end, so long as the pet can cap haste and hit thats all you need. I imagine bst can be even more lax on this since the pet doesnt "need" tp, depending on the move, lettimg you focus more on the master
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-07-30 14:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Snk said: »

someone named Bouncing Bertha is a sign that they are the top-tier jiggly jugs
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-30 14:34:36
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if OP even play the game. Like mentioned by people above, Merlin issue was already addressed several months ago.
Good to know! I seemed to recall SE announcing that but then I assumed that change just didn't happen in the end.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2020-07-30 14:55:43
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if Sechs even play the game anymore. He seems to enjoy these forums more than he enjoys playing with his friends ingame ...
[+]
 Asura.Epigram
By Asura.Epigram 2020-07-30 15:06:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gotenn said: »

I'm not a pup expert but the big differences are that beast is built around two major events:

1. Ready moves from jug pets
2. Melee dmg from master

White damage from pets unfortunately doesn't scale for most content so it is ignored. Furthermore, tp is a contributor to the damage/utility of the sic move, not something required like for puppet weapon skills.

SU3 gear is probably best for Farsha builds, but I'm not sure which pieces would provide a meaningful improvement over DA/TA armor like ambu.
[+]
By kasnuaku 2020-07-30 15:47:16
Link | Citer | R

beast master doesn't really need pet damage, master does way more. Pets are more of a tool, imo
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-07-30 16:15:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Really sucks that they can't make armor that is BiS for master and at least good for pet too. Always a give/take on pet jobs lol

Is pet whitedamage really all that good? I'd much rather be a buffed master and switch to pet gear for ready/sic midcasts.
By Ermah 2020-07-30 16:22:26
Link | Citer | R

kasnuaku said: »
beast master doesn't really need pet damage, master does way more. Pets are more of a tool, imo

I think if their goal is to make them fight together, the best way to achieve that is a pet that can create light/darkness with the master, that does enough damage to match the BST (doing more would be better to account for buffs, but I'm okay without that) and the ability to magic burst that SC for at least twice the WS damage.

Currently the best we have is the lizard and the spider, which leave much to be desired.
By Nariont 2020-07-30 16:24:23
Link | Citer | R

No pets white dmg is all that great, puppets can be decent, and i think a couple bst pets can hit decently but they lack magic haste so theyre much slower per round
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-07-30 16:25:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arico said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »

Is pet whitedamage really all that good? I'd much rather be a buffed master and switch to pet gear for ready/sic midcasts.

Was more of a general statement. More leaning towards PUP over BST. Since BST does have control of ready moves. But, it still is a hindrance to gear for hybrid on both jobs. You mostly want to go full master for full DPS
[+]
By kasnuaku 2020-07-30 16:26:49
Link | Citer | R

For sure new pets are needed, as much as I love genouurs Arthur his skill chain abilities sucks. Maybe we will see people use beast master oriented parties. BST,BST,COR,GEO,SMN, and a PUP, prob could make major skill chain damage
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-30 16:27:59
Link | Citer | R

It's a fools task. If they were to raise pet damage to any meaningful level such as to match master for example, it would just be right back to jug burns.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-30 16:34:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's a fools task. If they were to raise pet damage to any meaningful level such as to match master for example, it would just be right back to jug burns.

Same with BLM, Blue Magic, etc. You give any job a bonus to the degree people want, and then there's no reason to bring any other jobs or strategies to the party. But people do that anyways, so w/e
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6