Election 2020 The Horse Race (Not Misspelled)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 33 34 35
By Viciouss 2020-07-26 19:57:03
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Well, your use of the term “no one” is blatantly false since you don’t understand how absolutes work. There certainly are blacks who have a problem with aspects of the Democrat Party, but the Dems do such a good job of calling them Uncle Toms and race traitors and subsequently silencing them that it’s no wonder they have such a hold on the demographic.

Oh I'm sure there are plenty of people that have a problem with the Democrats, but no one cares about the name, just like no one attacks the name "Republican." Its a dumb topic. Its funny how often you guys try to bring it up tho.

Also, the coward Saevel's idiocy continues to amuse.
By Prong 2020-07-26 20:05:20
Link | Citer | R

"The Reagan Foundation's chairman, Frederick Ryan Jr., is the publisher and CEO of The Washington Post."

*yawn*
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-26 20:22:31
Link | Citer | R

Prong said: »

"The Reagan Foundation's chairman, Frederick Ryan Jr., is the publisher and CEO of The Washington Post."

*yawn*

Didn't we just have a discussion regarding how the media is almost entirely controlled by Democrats?
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-26 20:34:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

*yawn*

Didn't we just have a discussion regarding how the media is almost entirely controlled by Democrats?

Yeah but it doesn't matter. You cannot have a conversation with religious zealots or political ideologues. I'm starting to think there are 3 or 4 "left of center" ideologues in these threads that sincerely have zero intention of discussing anything and never did. I honestly think they just troll political discussions to try and one-up everyone, like they are going to win some prize or something.

This is my first political thread/forum I've posted in more than twice in my life so maybe that is the reason these forums (or ones like them) exist, I don't know. Seems like a waste of time, though, to just look for articles that agree with my feelings all day then post them on forums so people can argue about them. It honestly makes me feel sad if anyone does that all day, they literally must have nothing better to do and that's awful.
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Terlet Sangria 2020-07-26 20:41:59
Link | Citer | R

You made an easily debunked statement, there was discussion about how far left CNN is, and everyone left with the same opinions they had when it started. So technically, yes, we did have a discussion about it. Are you of the opinion that it's now settled law?

You cannot have a conversation with religious zealots or political ideologues.
I mean, that describes essentially everyone who cares enough to post in this section in the first place. If you think either side isn't pretty much 98% zealot by volume in 2020, hoo boy

Seems like a waste of time
/taps nose
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-26 20:48:56
Link | Citer | R

Terlet Sangria said: »
I mean, that describes essentially everyone who cares enough to post in this section in the first place. If you think either side isn't pretty much 98% zealot by volume in 2020, hoo boy

Really? I seem to recall myself and Eiryl, who couldn't possibly be more on opposite sides of most of these topics, have many discussions without acting like one was trying to one-up the other.

Saevel from the beginning of the riot convos has been pretty judicial on his opinions regarding some of these topics, he just sticks to the right on the obvious BS ones. Hell, even you from time to time will stick your toe in middle-of-the-ground waters, even though I can tell it is against your nature, but you do. Rav, though almost always right, is at bare minimum always civil.

I can't say any of these things about several people on the left. We got one who just posts links to all day to mostly op eds without researching them, at all, and takes them as concrete fact, then another who basically only comments to be snarky. Doesn't try to discuss in any way, shape or form.

And yes, I agree, this is a *** waste of my time.
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Exodus
By Putin On'the'ritz 2020-07-26 20:54:53
Link | Citer | R

even though I can tell it is against your nature

I guarantee that you can't list my actual political positions with any rate of success. But give it a try! If you can name three things I actually believe, I'll drop the kayfabe and admit to them.
By Prong 2020-07-26 20:57:09
Link | Citer | R

Putin On'the'ritz said: »

I guarantee that you can't list my actual political positions with any rate of success. But give it a try! If you can name three things I actually believe, I'll drop the kayfabe and admit to them.

And thanks for proving this is waste of my time.

Of all I wrote, THAT'S the snippet you targeted??
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
By Drama Torama 2020-07-26 21:03:42
Link | Citer | R

I mean, I can go through the rest, but you only aimed one thing at me.

Really? I seem to recall myself and Eiryl, who couldn't possibly be more on opposite sides of most of these topics, have many discussions without acting like one was trying to one-up the other.
That's pretty specific to you two. KN and Rav both gotten into it enough with Eiryl that I've had to say something.

Saevel from the beginning of the riot convos has been pretty judicial on his opinions regarding some of these topics, he just sticks to the right on the obvious BS ones. Hell, even you from time to time will stick your toe in middle-of-the-ground waters, even though I can tell it is against your nature, but you do. Rav, though almost always right, is at bare minimum always civil.

I can't say any of these things about several people on the left. We got one who just posts links to all day to mostly op eds without researching them, at all, and takes them as concrete fact, then another who basically only comments to be snarky. Doesn't try to discuss in any way, shape or form.
Saevel routinely makes ridiculous statements as if they were fact, and blocks people that disagree. I've legit considered making block not work in P+R because of it. It is rank cowardice and if you're not going to engage with the other side, that's what Parler is for.

Again, your description of me proves that you don't know anything about what I actually believe.

If you mean Chanti for posting links, she at least admits when something is biased and has a sense of humor about it, which is more than can be said about pretty much anyone else here. Vic is vic, and if you want me to start chastising people for dismissing the other side's arguments or responding with flippancy, it's gonna get real empty in here real fast.

I live to serve.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-26 22:02:48
Link | Citer | R

Putin On'the'ritz said: »

Unfortunately, coming to grips with what a waste of time this place is is a difficult hurdle to overcome. Only a handful of us weirdos that have been here for years have moved beyond that to extract a modicum of enjoyment out of the pointlessness.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-26 22:12:19
Link | Citer | R

Dear Rav,

You suck.

Sincerely,
Vic
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-26 22:22:02
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
Saevel routinely makes ridiculous statements as if they were fact, and blocks people that disagree. I've legit considered making block not work in P+R because of it. It is rank cowardice and if you're not going to engage with the other side, that's what Parler is for.

This is verifiably false. I only block those that engage in personal attacks, and only because I was told to do so by a mod many years ago. Nasaui was on my block list btw, most on that list don't even post in P&R.

Vic, DirectX and a few others (some on the right) would personally attack those they disagree'd with directly. Some would fight back and it would escalate. A mod got involved and messaged that we should just block them, and thus I did. "This idea is stupid" vs "You are stupid" and such. DirectX even attacked my family members once (that's when he got his block).

What it all boils down is posters who support Democrats / Leftist platforms are allowed to personally attack those who don't. If those who don't support those ideas fight back they are told to stop, get muted or worse. This is why we now reply with parody, satire, and bad attempts at comedy. You even admitted that you give those supporting the left ideas more leeway then those that don't.

Again, your description of me proves that you don't know anything about what I actually believe.

You are left but not extreme left, we figured that out years ago. You have yet to post anything positive about President Trump and I can't remember you saying anything positive about a Republican in a long time. You may have different ideas on specific issues, but they will align with whatever general direction your political sports team is going with. If I had to peg you on the two axis I'd say you were an authoritarian collectivist, what we call a liberal now.

Left means collectivist right is individualist.

We can tell a persons general beliefs by how they respond to situations of group vs individual and action vs inaction. Awhile back you tipped your hand with those stupid anti-vaxers. The position, upon which you passionately said there would be no discussion, was one of collective authoritarianism. "For the good of the group an individual must be forced to take a specific action". In that case it was "for herd immunity you must be forced to receive a vaccine", but could of been for many other ideas. "For the good of the group you must address this person by their preferred pronoun". "For the good of the group an individual must do some action". Essentially using the needs of the collective to override the individuals free will. This is the default of the vast majority of today's "leftism". "We use the government to enforce my groups needs / wants over your individual needs / wants.

Myself, I'm the exact opposite, liberal individualist. It's why I support women having the option of abortion *GASP* a very non-conservative position, yet perfectly in line with liberal individualist. I abhor the practice yet will not enforce my believes on another person nor condone depriving another person of their right to choose for themselves.
By Viciouss 2020-07-26 22:26:01
Link | Citer | R

Of course Saevel makes up his own completely fictional narrative to justify his cowardice and play his defunct victim card. Everytime.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-26 22:34:51
Link | Citer | R

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/240277646_Individualism_Collectivism_and_Authoritarianism_in_Seven_Societies

One of the few actual studies on this that exist. Results were that Collectivism and Authoritarianism are extremely compatible and tend to exist together. Individualism wasn't connected to either through it appeared to strongly resist Authoritarianism.

The implication was that things tend to boil into two camps, Authoritarian Collectivists and Liberal Individualists. The first being the group wanting to use the Gun of Government to enforce what it believed was "for the good of the group", while the second resists the first and wants to be left alone.

Essentially the modern "left" of the US has swapped placed ideologically with the "right" of the 1950's and 60's.
By volkom 2020-07-26 23:33:34
Link | Citer | R

every time saevel posts, there's someone who calls him a coward ~ thought we agreed no insults?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-26 23:39:10
Link | Citer | R

No one agreed to stop calling out Saevel for being a coward and a liar. Everytime he tries to justify his cowardice he makes up the same *** story and blames the other side for his offenses. As long as he continues to post in bad faith he will continue to be called out.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-27 00:23:23
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
No one agreed to stop calling out Saevel for being a coward and a liar. Everytime he tries to justify his cowardice he makes up the same *** story and blames the other side for his offenses. As long as he continues to post in bad faith he will continue to be called out.
No, that’s not how it works. You can’t just say that insults are okay for people who “deserve it”, because there isn’t a person here who isn’t worthy of it in one way or another (including you). Rules are rules, otherwise they’re pointless and there will be endless arguments over what’s a “justified” insult.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-27 00:42:42
Link | Citer | R

The only solution is for Saevel to stop posting in bad faith. There is no reason for anyone to suffer his cowardice and lies. He is the only person that posts here in bad faith.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-27 06:51:22
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
every time saevel posts, there's someone who calls him a coward ~ thought we agreed no insults?

That only applies to those on the "right".

What it all boils down is posters who support Democrats / Leftist platforms are allowed to personally attack those who don't. If those who don't support those ideas fight back they are told to stop, get muted or worse. This is why we now reply with parody, satire, and bad attempts at comedy. You even admitted that you give those supporting the left ideas more leeway then those that don't.

I have Vic muted, but how many times has he personally attacked me in the last ten pages or so? And yet Rooks attacks me for simply not wanting to deal with personal attacks.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-27 07:18:17
Link | Citer | R

From two weeks about on this very subject.

Rooks said: »
Do you think I never discipline the lefty posters? Where do you think they all went, man?

They still post on here, I know because occasionally I'll remove the blocks to see if it's still the same, it usually is. I also see their replies in quotes from Raevel and friends. Notice how I haven't blocked Chanti even though I completely disagree with her politics? It's because she doesn't attempt to incite or personally attack other posters. She will attack an idea but not a person and that distinction is very important for semi-civil discourse.

That pattern I mentioned is something we've seen happen several times in the past and why I always advise people to block those that are antagonistic and use personal attacks. P&R is 100x better when personal attacks have been removed from the equation.

So the site admin calls me a "coward" for refusing to deal with personal attacks.
By Viciouss 2020-07-27 08:15:01
Link | Citer | R

Saevel remains a coward for continuing to attack those on the left while hiding behind the block button. First he tried to blame the posters on the left for his offenses, literally trying to fabricate actions that never happened, when that didn't work, he tries to blame the mods. That's not working either. Once again he is an offender, not a victim.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-27 09:15:10
Link | Citer | R

Of course Saevel makes up his own completely fictional narrative to justify his cowardice and play his defunct victim card. Everytime.
The only solution is for Saevel to stop posting in bad faith. There is no reason for anyone to suffer his cowardice and lies. He is the only person that posts here in bad faith.
I quoted these 3 because, well, they are all contradictory to each other. Contradictory as in you are attacking yourself, not Savael

Vic, you are the very definition of a "racist pot." Savael does not make up his own personal, fictional narrative because he sources his opinions, unlike you whose majority posts and responses are "lol" and "nou!" If anyone here is a lying coward who posts in bad faith constantly, it is you.

You very rarely post sources for your opinion, and you claim your opinions as facts. And any disagreeing opinions you call people liars. You cannot lie about an opinion.

Most of the discussions on this forum would be better and more productive if you actually contribute to them, instead of posting in bad faith. You are projecting your own negative aspects on Savael.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-27 09:36:44
Link | Citer | R

Essentially the modern "left" of the US has swapped placed ideologically with the "right" of the 1950's and 60's.
Sorry. As someone who remembers the mid century the politics of the 50s and 60s in no way align with the politics of today.

The 50s were shaped by the cold war. They are bracketed by the HUAC hearings and the Cuban missile crisis.

The 60s were dominated by the Viet-Nam war. (Well... also the Beatles but they are cultural, not political.)

We had the civil rights movement, COINTELPRO, J. ****ing Edgar Hover, and the John Birch Society (Who I can personally blame for growing up with lousy teeth no joke.)

And throughout it all both parties had conservatives and liberals.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-27 09:38:36
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
We had the civil rights movement, COINTELPRO, J. ****ing Edgar Hover, and the John Birch Society (Who I can personally blame for growing up with lousy teeth no joke.)
You also had the Weather Underground, which, by today's standards, would be an arm of the Antifa.

There are some similarities between now and then.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-27 09:39:42
Link | Citer | R

I mean, if you compare the two, it's almost a cookie-cutter copy.
By Viciouss 2020-07-27 09:49:32
Link | Citer | R

I'm not posting in bad faith, I've seen the coward Saevel try to spin that argument back on us to try to justify his cowardly behavior, it didn't work for him, its not working for KN. When I said that Saevel made up his own fictional narrative on what happens in this section, I was right.

Starting off with:
Saevel routinely makes ridiculous statements as if they were fact, and blocks people that disagree.

This is factual. Saevel blocks people that he disagrees with. Anyone that doesn't take his longwinded unsourced rants at face value gets blocked. We saw it most recently when he blocked Ozment in his very first days of posting here because he was aligned with the left. Ozment didn't personally attack Saevel, but he still got blocked. Coward. Secondly, he does post long winded *** as if it was factual and sources it as rarely as I do. He doesn't do it as often anymore because his secret is out and everyone knows he hides from people he doesn't agree with. So there goes that lie.

Saevel said: »
Vic, DirectX and a few others (some on the right) would personally attack those they disagree'd with directly. Some would fight back and it would escalate. A mod got involved and messaged that we should just block them, and thus I did. "This idea is stupid" vs "You are stupid" and such. DirectX even attacked my family members once (that's when he got his block).

This is pure fiction. Its already been debunked once, and now its being debunked again. Saevel has made up this narrative that "many years ago" posters on "the left" tried to attack others for the purpose of getting them banned by the mods. What mods no one knows. He is lying just to cover up his own attacks. He is not a victim. He is an offender. We have all been posting here for years, Saevel doesn't predate any of us in this section, and very few of us on the website as a whole.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-27 10:04:36
Link | Citer | R

Well, considering that you don't see any faults of your own, of course you are going to deflect my post stating your faults into Savael's faults.

I personally don't care if Savael thinks the whole world is against him. But I do want to point out that your level of hypocrisy is well beyond standard. It's even beyond the hypocrisy you see from MSM today. It has to be considered it's own category now, the degree you display it.

If Savael wants to block people, why should anyone here care? He has every right to block people as I have every right to not block anyone.

Saevel has made up this narrative that "many years ago" posters on "the left" tried to attack others for the purpose of getting them banned by the mods.
As somebody who, "many years ago" posters on "the left" had succeeded to get me topic banned from several threads, I agree with him on this. I still cannot post in Linkshell Ni because Aelius disagreed with my political viewpoints. Which, by all means, is no skin off my nose. But it still occurred. There are other threads, but none of them lasted as long as Ni, so I used that as an example.

I am living proof that, years past, moderators did target me for my political viewpoints. Is that true today? No, and I'm glad for it. Did it occur in the past? Yes.

Rooks can honestly only speak for himself for who he personally bans (either topic or other) users from. I doubt he can speak for any mods who came before him.

I'm sure Rooks will do some research into this, and I'm sure he is going to find some record that says I was trolling some of those threads, but he most likely cannot find any evidence of said trolling, because it doesn't exist. Because it happened before his time, and they may or may not have records of said offences.

And he is right about you personally attacking those who you disagree with. This very conversation proves it (you calling him a liar, coward, full of ***, etc.).
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-27 10:08:16
Link | Citer | R

On topic (since he is a House rep, and is always running for re-election)

(Credit to Wormfeeder for finding this)

Jerry Nadler claims Antifa is fictional...again
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-27 10:18:54
Link | Citer | R

How is that "labeling them a terrorist organization" going? What was that, attempt #42? Seems like its hard to label someone any kind of organization when they are in fact..not an organization, but just a movement. At best.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 33 34 35