Election 2020 The Horse Race (Not Misspelled)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 33 34 35
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-09 17:32:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Is this where we're at, though? Everything that supports your beliefs is true, and everything else is just made up even when it comes from official sources?
It's been like that for well over a decade now.

You can't please him at all.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-09 17:58:33
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Oh yeah, how'd that multi-year, round-the-clock Russian conspiracy thing work out? Did Drumpf get done or not?

Did you see the DNI come out and say Russia is currently working to sabotage Biden in hopes of getting Trump reelected? How much do you think Trump HATES that fact? How long until he denies it, or tries to lie about his non-existent tough stance on Russia?

Funny how you ignore the part where China and Iran are working against Trump.

They didn't actually say that, they just threw that in the end to appease people like you.

?

Gotta say, Vic. This is one of the dumbest statements you've made in a while. I read the actual statement. It mentions China first, then Russia, then Iran. Where you got this "threw that in the end to appease people like you" notion is beyond me. Heck, I even read the follow up statement they made just to see if that was what you were talking about, and that one doesn't fit your narrative either.

Is this where we're at, though? Everything that supports your beliefs is true, and everything else is just made up even when it comes from official sources?

This isn't even close to accurate, the report clearly says Russia is actively working against Biden, whereas China and Iran want Trump to lose, but neither of them are taking any action right now. There is a huge difference between rooting for a result and working to obtain a result.

So much for that narrative. Like I said, they threw that in there to give you guys a perfect excuse to deflect. And it worked.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-09 18:07:14
Link | Citer | R

but neither of them are taking any action right now

Does this sound like "not taking any action right now"?

Quote:
Iran seeks to undermine U.S. democratic institutions and divide the country in advance of the elections. Iran’s efforts center around online influence, such as spreading disinformation on social media and recirculating anti-U.S. content.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-09 18:09:26
Link | Citer | R

How about this? Does this sound like China is sitting on their hands?

Quote:
China has been expanding its influence efforts ahead of November 2020 to shape the policy environment in the United States, pressure political figures it views as opposed to China's interests, and deflect and counter criticism of China.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-09 18:21:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-09 18:53:13
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Iran seeks to undermine U.S. democratic institutions and divide the country in advance of the elections. Iran’s efforts center around online influence, such as spreading disinformation on social media and recirculating anti-U.S. content.

Instead of random cherry picked quotes, how about an actual article?

How about the NYT? Just to spin you guys up.

Russia continues its election interference in 2020

The line that you guys are taking was super predictable, I'm sure Trump will take the exact same stance. Deny and deflect everything even remotely related to the Russians.
By Viciouss 2020-08-09 18:53:33
Link | Citer | R

You've got nothing today.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-09 20:00:47
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

The line that you guys are taking was super predictable, I'm sure Trump will take the exact same stance. Deny and deflect everything even remotely related to the Russians.

I haven't cherry-picked squat. You brought up the DNI and I've been quoting them the entire time. I'm sorry that you can't handle the actual source, hence the "deflection" to something from NYT. The most predictable thing here is you making crap up and then getting mad when it doesn't go your way. I've got DNI statements open right now in my browser ready for debate, and there's nothing that you've claimed concerning the Russians that is so incredibly different from what's going on with China and Iran according to them.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-08-09 20:14:11
Link | Citer | R

NYC is doing so horribly right now.. People are fleeing at alarming rates. They just negotiated to lower our rent by almost 1,000 because they are losing so many tenants. Are there any democratic ran cities that aren't being destroyed right now? They are converting hotels into homeless centers across from residential buildings, there is almost no police presence. I wonder who asked for all this. I don't see anyone on the left addressing these types of issues right now.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/08/nyc-moms-fleeing-upper-west-side-amid-crime-and-chaos/
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-09 21:31:58
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

I haven't cherry-picked squat. You brought up the DNI and I've been quoting them the entire time. I'm sorry that you can't handle the actual source, hence the "deflection" to something from NYT. The most predictable thing here is you making crap up and then getting mad when it doesn't go your way. I've got DNI statements open right now in my browser ready for debate, and there's nothing that you've claimed concerning the Russians that is so incredibly different from what's going on with China and Iran according to them.

I didn't make anything up, the DNI made a clear distinction between what the Russians are doing and what the Chinese and Iran are doing. Yes, they are very different things. They gave you guys an out, and you ran to it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-09 21:36:51
Link | Citer | R

You've got nothing today.
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-09 23:01:11
Link | Citer | R

If you somehow don't believe that governments such as China and Iran are not constantly working to undermine the current administration, whoever that may be at any given time, of the United States of American, whether the New York Times has an article about it this week or not, you really have no business in a political discussion about American politics.

Of course they are doing everything in their power, overtly and covertly to aid in the failure of Trump's re-election. He's been a MUCH larger thorn in their side than Democrats have ever been. Iran would get Obama re-elected if possible, for no other reason that to get another skid full of cold, hard cash.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-09 23:07:15
Link | Citer | R

Prong said: »
If you somehow don't believe that governments such as China and Iran are not constantly working to undermine the current administration, whoever that may be at any given time, of the United States of American, whether the New York Times has an article about it this week or not, you really have no business in a political discussion about American politics.

Of course they are doing everything in their power, overtly and covertly to aid in the failure of Trump's re-election. He's been a MUCH larger thorn in their side than Democrats have ever been. Iran would get Obama re-elected if possible, for no other reason that to get another skid full of cold, hard cash.

Yeah let's just take your word for it right? Anything to avoid talking about Russia, as always.
By volkom 2020-08-09 23:22:50
Link | Citer | R

anyone remember this?

YouTube Video Placeholder

wonder if russia saw this as another example of the US being weak and gave them confidence to invade ukraine 2 years later
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-09 23:23:21
Link | Citer | R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keXx0zxTarE
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-10 00:34:54
Link | Citer | R

Prong said: »

Yeah let's just take your word for it right? Anything to avoid talking about Russia, as always.

We're not avoiding talking about Russia. You made up reasons to avoid talking about China and Iran, completely ignoring what the DNI actually said.

Yes, the Russians want to help Trump. You guys remind us of this every single freaking time we mention the conspiracy theory of Russian collusion. It's been discussed to death. We've only begun to scratch the surface of Iran and China wanting to help Biden, largely because Dems and their many media allies are actively avoiding the topic, just like they are actively avoiding Biden's latest casual racism.
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-10 01:06:03
Link | Citer | R

And anyone concerned more with the broke Russia and how they have any actual relevant effect on the American economy than they are with China is only more concerned for their own biased political reasons.

It's like ignoring a meteor the size of Utah coming at Earth on a collision course because you're more worried about a tornado five states away.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-11 08:30:55
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By volkom 2020-08-11 11:38:26
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

for those who don't like watching videos ~ these are the articles:

https://wtop.com/virginia/2020/08/unsolicited-absentee-applications-cause-confusion-in-virginia/

https://globalnews.ca/news/7259651/coronavirus-election-fact-check/

https://www.startribune.com/ap-fact-check-trump-misleads-on-mail-ballots-virus-vaccine/572050462/

with one key point in the video:

Quote:
Trump and his vice president are making a false distinction. Mail-in ballots are cast in the same way as absentee mail ballots, with the same level of scrutiny such as signature verification in many states.

but the democrats tried to get rid of signature verification
By Viciouss 2020-08-11 11:56:53
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »

How so? Where specifically did the Democrats try to "get rid of" signature matching?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-11 12:03:24
Link | Citer | R

How so? Where specifically did the Democrats try to "get rid of" signature matching?
Voter ID reforms. Voter IDs are the primary source of signature matching there is, along with matching the person to the signature.

Yet, somehow, someway, voter IDs are being played as a "racist tool that only hurts the poor" by the democrats.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-11 12:09:12
Link | Citer | R

Voter ID reforms. Voter IDs are the primary source of signature matching there is, along with matching the person to the signature.

Yet, somehow, someway, voter IDs are being played as a "racist tool that only hurts the poor" by the democrats.

That doesn't square with the claims Trump is making. It also isn't specific at all, and has nothing to do with the 2020 election. Complete strikeout.

So I'll repeat the question, where specifically are the Democrats trying to "get rid of" signature matching? Which states?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-11 12:15:34
Link | Citer | R

So I'll repeat the question, where specifically are the Democrats trying to "get rid of" signature matching? Which states?
Come on man.

If you aren't going to be man enough to read the source, at least say so.

From my own source provided above and now:

Quote:
The ACLU has led the charge against Voter ID in several states, challenging voter ID laws in in states such as Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Wisconsin, and North Carolina

Texas allows concealed weapons permits for voting, but does not accept student ID cards. Until its voter ID law was struck down, North Carolina prohibited public assistance IDs and state employee ID cards, which are disproportionately held by Black voters.And until recently, Wisconsin permitted active duty military ID cards, but prohibited Veterans Affairs ID cards for voting.

Edit: Rooks sucks!
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-11 12:36:27
Link | Citer | R

Come on man.

If you aren't going to be man enough to read the source, at least say so.

From my own source provided above and now:

Quote:
The ACLU has led the charge against Voter ID in several states, challenging voter ID laws in in states such as Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Wisconsin, and North Carolina

Texas allows concealed weapons permits for voting, but does not accept student ID cards. Until its voter ID law was struck down, North Carolina prohibited public assistance IDs and state employee ID cards, which are disproportionately held by Black voters.And until recently, Wisconsin permitted active duty military ID cards, but prohibited Veterans Affairs ID cards for voting.

Edit: Rooks sucks!

So what? No really, who cares what the ACLU is doing? Not just that, your link is incredibly vague, and doesn't actually say what specific provisions the ACLU is challenging in each state. Nor does it say anything about their success. And most importantly, it has nothing to do with Democrats in office.

So, try again. I want to see actual legislation from the Democrats that would specifically eliminate signature matching for the upcoming election. Thats the claim thats being made by Trump. I understand why he is trying to lie about signature matching, someone has told him it completely destroys all of his conspiracies about mail in voting. So naturally he is trying to attack it, without success.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-11 12:47:48
Link | Citer | R

So what? No really, who cares what the ACLU is doing? Not just that, your link is incredibly vague, and doesn't actually say what specific provisions the ACLU is challenging in each state. Nor does it say anything about their success. And most importantly, it has nothing to do with Democrats in office.
Vic: Who cares what the democrats are doing about voter ID laws which is the primary source of signature checks for voting.
Also Vic: What are the democrats doing signature checks, which voter IDs are a primary source for?

Yes, it is vague. It's a statement. Do you want them to outline everything for you? Talk to them then. I'm pointing out that there are democrats actively seeking to get rid of signature matching, which is the main feature of voter IDs. You claim there isn't. You also claimed that those same democrats aren't even trying in states, which I showed you that they are.

Look, I get it, you are embarrassed because your argument is torn to shreds again. It happens with you a lot. You should have gotten over your embarrassment by now.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-11 12:51:26
Link | Citer | R

So when watching the actual segment of volk's video about Trump's claim that the Dems want to "get rid of" signature matching, the guy even admits that he is essentially taking Trump's word for it. He can't provide any evidence of this claim, all he can do is point to a lawsuit in Nevada and Pennsylvania that would extend the time people have to verify their ballots. Not even remotely the same as eliminating signature matching. Obviously that guy is going to believe everything Trump says, but no. Thats not working this time around.
By Viciouss 2020-08-11 12:54:40
Link | Citer | R

Vic: Who cares what the democrats are doing about voter ID laws which is the primary source of signature checks for voting.
Also Vic: What are the democrats doing signature checks, which voter IDs are a primary source for?

Yes, it is vague. It's a statement. Do you want them to outline everything for you? Talk to them then. I'm pointing out that there are democrats actively seeking to get rid of signature matching, which is the main feature of voter IDs. You claim there isn't. You also claimed that those same democrats aren't even trying in states, which I showed you that they are.

Look, I get it, you are embarrassed because your argument is torn to shreds again. It happens with you a lot. You should have gotten over your embarrassment by now.

You haven't done anything. There has been no evidence provided that the Democrats are trying to "get rid of" signature matching anywhere. Trump made another baseless claim, the guy in the video even admits it, and you are trying to spin it unsuccessfully. Why would I be embarrassed? Trump lied and you failed. Both regular occurrences.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-11 12:56:55
Link | Citer | R

Vic, stop living in denial. Please, it's for your own sake.

Next thing you are going to say is that Hydroxychloroquine doesn't work.
By Viciouss 2020-08-11 13:07:11
Link | Citer | R

I'm good thanks. This was an easy fact check. It helps when the video even admits there is no evidence.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 33 34 35