Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » June 2020 Version Update
June 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 18 19 20
By Aerix 2020-06-10 11:37:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
I mean even before the nerf you didn't have to do this lol. Noone had a gun to your head saying go do gain exp

I didn't have to, but doing Gain Exp meant not having to bother farming gil through other means and it was much, much faster. Overall I had more time to actually play and the enjoy the game outside of that. But Ambu/Dyna campaigns/HTBFs have got me covered for the foreseeable future and they're more fun to grind, so I have no issues with the nerf even if I'll never make nearly as much gil ever again.

And I still have plans to make/buy a lot more high-value items in the future, so it's not like I'll be unaffected by this. However, I believe this nerf will be healthy for the game in the long term. RMT weren't the only ones contributing to the massive inflation, after all.
 Asura.Tsm
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-10 11:41:08
Link | Citer | R

If you did what Eiryl is suggesting you still incur a decent amount of overhead plus it completely takes accolades out of the equation. So your income is halved right off the bat.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-06-10 11:41:26
Link | Citer | R

I’m more pissed that I actually have to do HTBF for rem chapters now.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 11:45:19
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
There's no real point in paying for and running 16 chars. That's barely more than 1mil/$. A quick google shows prices right around there at the moment, so they'd be breaking even.

1-See bolded, thats very short sighted to say its not worth it mere moments after this change has been implemented.
2-As Eiryl posted above, you dont even need 16 chars. You need one character, and just keep deleting and recreating it.

Quote:
A brand new character can be made in like 7 minutes. use the hp lua to go anywhere at level 1 and start collecting sparks from the bots that are there running ignoring cap.

The only catch is you need to have done 10 RoE to unlock accolades.

I'm not sure how long a deleted character stays in memory, its been a long long time since I deleted a character.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-10 11:45:32
Link | Citer | R

yeah...yet another example of the short-sightedness on SE's part. Oh, I'm sure after the first few weeks the monitoring by them will show great success they can give their superiors- total amount of gil entering the economy will shrink drastically.

But as has been said- this just increases the value of gil. Those who hold and don't have to make purchases for weeks/months will just see how much their gil buys increase over time. Those trying to keep the economies running by producing items will watch those products sit as prices drop, but the prices they paid for the materials to make them were the same when they stocked up. Then, when those used to creating gil can no longer do so to produce their income, they'll move over to farming fast-selling things; most likely some form of RMEA currency. That market will flood, crashing prices eventually.

But after all these threads it seems like well less than 25% of people understand the different effects that creating gil out of thin air (gain-exp, or any sparks gil generated by an NPC) vs exchanging gil (selling any commodity to a player for their gil) has on the economy. And so, if they're not getting what the past 5 years of generating gil out of the code vs exchanging it has done, they're not prepared what removing such a source will do, either.

Those of you who do get it, have fun. Its about to be one helluva good time for the patient.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-06-10 11:45:37
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Ah, the greastest form of brilliance for mediocre people.

____(insert some complain here)_______. Why do you play?

Even for mediocre people, it shouldnt be that hard to understand people dont make decisions based on single parameter but the final summation.

Look, it isnt that hard to understand: you dont ask divorce of your wife because she farts at night. you dont ran away from home because your mom yells to you to brush your teeths. You dont abandon your son because he just broke your video game.

Why do people still play a game even though something is boring? Maybe its because there are other things not boring to do in this game.

Nobody was talking about 1 single aspect of the game, and to be honest, I think you knew that before you replied and were trying to be clever in hopes someone naive wouldn't notice and give you an upvote. And comparing a mountain to a molehill is pretty dated.

People who seem to not enjoy all the core aspects of this game and just want the rewards are absolutely playing the wrong game.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 12:24:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
For anyone that's curious how this is going to work.

A brand new character can be made in like 7 minutes. use the hp lua to go anywhere at level 1 and start collecting sparks from the bots that are there running ignoring cap.

Turn in cap, delete character, new character, same name, repeat.

Absolutely nothing changes, this whole process will be automated. It won't even cost extra money, the cap is so severe it makes more sense to delete accounts and restart them than to run dozens more.

I'm curious as to why you shared this intel?

Wouldn't it now make sense for SE to limit a character creation to 30 day cooldown (for example)
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 12:26:18
Link | Citer | R

How can you limit character creation? lol
"Hi new guy who bought a new POL ID, you cant actually play for 30 days". Unless you meant additional characters. But even then, RMT have god knows how many accounts at their disposal.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 12:26:52
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
How can you limit character creation? lol

"Hi new guy who bought a new POL ID, you cant actually play for 30 days".

Make a new character... that slot now if deleted.. cant make a new for 30 days

very easily in fact

They do it now on the inverse for some things... Can't get "X" unless your toon is 30+ days old.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 12:28:38
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I edited my post. You could have worded your OP as "character recreation".

Either way, I still think this restriction should have been across the entire POL ID, if thats how low theyre gonna make it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 12:30:22
Link | Citer | R

Either way, I still think this restriction should have been across the entire POL ID, if thats how low theyre gonna make it.

Its a mitigation tactic... not remediation.

Things will never be eliminated... but they can be limited.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 12:33:26
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, but it will hurt RMT a lot more that way. The way it is now, these dudes with no life who treat FFXI like a job will just figure out a way to script the entire process of creating a character, HPing to wherever they bot, dumping sparks and deleting the character. They can do all that all month long with the same 12.95 POL ID. If its restricted to POL ID, all of a sudden you cant even loop around shiny new characters via that same POL ID.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-10 12:35:17
Link | Citer | R

there may or may not be some unexpected spaghetti with the sparks cap implementation
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 12:35:32
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, but it will hurt RMT a lot more that way. The way it is now, these dudes with no life who treat FFXI like a job will just figure out a way to script the entire process of creating a character, HPing to wherever they bot, dumping sparks and deleting the character. They can do all that all month long with the same 12.95 POL ID. If its restricted to POL ID, all of a sudden you cant even loop around shiny new characters via that same POL ID.

Yea.. atleast limiting character re-creation to 30 days will probably get them more subs.

Remember the game is not about us. It's about SE making $$.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 12:36:46
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Yea.. atleast limiting character re-creation to 30 days will probably get them more subs.

While I dont disagree, limiting to POL ID will make more money. They'll need a new 12.95 account every time, to the point it might not even be worth it. Each POL ID would be good for 8 mil a month max.

As it stands right now, RMT can still generate infinite gil, at a slower pace, off the single 12.95 account.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 12:42:01
Link | Citer | R

While I dont disagree, limiting to POL ID will make more money. They'll need a new 12.95 account every time, to the point it might not even be worth it. Each POL ID would be good for 8 mil a month max.

As it stands right now, RMT can still generate infinite gil, at a slower pace, off the single 12.95 account.

That's why i'm not sure Eiryl's motivation/intention. If I was in the industry I would just sit back and let them uncover my strategies all on their own. OPSEC.

Albeit only one tip/trick revealed. But why any at all? If i was going to cheat I would make them work for a fix all on their own lol.

Im sure the quiet RMT are clapping for me at the moment lol.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-06-10 12:42:41
Link | Citer | R

1 cap a week seems harsh but I doubt nearly as many people as people posting in here seem to think actually capped their sparks/accolades multiple times a week and NPC’d them. Certainly not new players, I know I had to keep telling every friend that came back to the game to actually dump their sparks for gil before they actually started. And Gain EXP is really only feasible once a week for most people since the hours are at such radically different times.

Even so, if it does hurt regular player incomes, this is probably still a net healthy move for the game with how much gil was being pumped into the economy by NPCs. We probably need more NPC gold sinks too since I think mats and home points are basically the only thing taking money out of the system right now.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-10 12:44:21
Link | Citer | R

eiryl isn't the brightest crayon in the box, this is known.

that being said there is no automation that does what he's saying that is public.

no bots that handle logging off/logging on or character creation. that being said it's not very hard but its not widespread
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2020-06-10 12:44:53
Link | Citer | R

How many things use those high-priced NPC mats for endgame gear? Top of my head just superior crafts and Artifact/Relic reforging right?

Will those mats eventually drain too much from the economy or nothing to worry about?
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2020-06-10 12:48:40
Link | Citer | R

Someone on the official forums actually made a fairly good suggestion. I know, pretty surprising if you ask me.

Anyways, since the cap is mainly to combat RMT activities, and not the player base, they should simply increase the cap via RoE achievements.

Things such as story completion, dynamis clears, Deeds of Heroism or a mix of all of them.

Deeds seems favorable to me, since its a pretty obvious time gate. Sure, it sucks for the people that have not been keeping up with it, but it certainly helps restrict RMT. Add a +20k increase per month, w/ a 50k or 100k increase every 6 months.

You could also help out the new/returning player with story completions adding an additional 10-20k per story on top of the CP bonus they already give.

All said an done, maybe let the ultimate cap be 500k-1m a week.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-06-10 12:49:45
Link | Citer | R

maybe he isn't earning his gil with sparks bots anymore and wants to cripple competition who still relies on it, who knows.

or if the hacks descriebed aren't public and eiryl isn't capable of writing them himself its a case of crabs in a bucket?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 12:51:51
Link | Citer | R

That's why i'm not sure Eiryl's motivation/intention. If I was in the industry I would just sit back and let them uncover my strategies all on their own. OPSEC.

Albeit only one tip/trick revealed. But why any at all? If i was going to cheat I would make them work for a fix all on their own lol.

You're making it sound like using multiple characters on the same POL ID is some groundbreaking exploit. The moment they announced it last week, I was talking about how people gonna use all 16 chars per pol id. The deleting and recycling one single account caught me off guard, but to say that he's the only one who thought of it is ignorant.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 12:55:05
Link | Citer | R

You're making it sound like using multiple characters on the same POL ID is some groundbreaking exploit. The moment they announced it last week, I was talking about how people gonna use all 16 chars per pol id. The deleting and recycling one single account caught me off guard, but to say that he's the only one who thought of it is ignorant.

I was not implying him being the only one. He's just the only one that's publicizing it.

"Hi SE!... we are just going to make new toons...muahahahaha"

"SE...why did he just tell us this?" "Developement, start brainstorming a patch"
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 12:56:23
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Humpo said: »
Someone on the official forums actually made a fairly good suggestion. I know, pretty surprising if you ask me.

Anyways, since the cap is mainly to combat RMT activities, and not the player base, they should simply increase the cap via RoE achievements.

Things such as story completion, dynamis clears, Deeds of Heroism or a mix of all of them.

Deeds seems favorable to me, since its a pretty obvious time gate. Sure, it sucks for the people that have not been keeping up with it, but it certainly helps restrict RMT. Add a +20k increase per month, w/ a 50k or 100k increase every 6 months.

You could also help out the new/returning player with story completions adding an additional 10-20k per story on top of the CP bonus they already give.

All said an done, maybe let the ultimate cap be 500k-1m a week.

You cannot gate it behind anything in game. That's what RMT want them to do. Everything in this game is fully able to be fully automated..

The fix/bandaid/patch/whatever needs to be something account related.
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Serveur: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-06-10 12:58:10
Link | Citer | R

Spark/Accolade nerfs are going to play out like the fishing nerfs.

Fishing nerfs came in several stages.
1) NPCable price of Padded Caps got nerfed which was synthed from fished-up Rusty caps.
2) New fishing mini-game to combat fishbots resulted in new packet-injection fishbots.
3) Cap of 200 fish per day resulted on wall of lvl1 fishbots who often used real fishers as anchor warp points. Real fishers would have fun fishing-up krakens and bare punching the krakens to AOE and takeout the lvl1 fishbots. (This was before the behavior nerfs to mob aggro were impplemented.)
4) Special gobbie created to patrol popular fishing spots in the wild to kill lvl1 fish bots.
5) NPC price nerfs for high level fishers fishing sea dragons.

The fish nerfs spiked the price of sushi. Regular player cooks still cannot compete with the RMT cooks who deployed multiple fishbots. We usually just share what we make at reduced prices with LS mates. Veteran players usually have better, time effective ways to make gil.

Thus, the Spark/Accolade nerf will likely behave like the 200 fishing cap nerf and result in a wall of expendable low lvl chars being PL'd by a highlevel cleaver (i.e.: BST, BLU, BLM, COR, WAR, RUN) and recreated each session cap until an NPC price nerf is instituted or more new character nerfs are implemented
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 13:15:17
Link | Citer | R

I was not implying him being the only one. He's just the only one that's publicizing it.

"SE...why did he just tell us this?" "Developement, start brainstorming a patch"
He didnt publicize anything groundbreaking though.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 13:19:46
Link | Citer | R

He didnt publicize anything groundbreaking though.

He didn't have too.. He publicized something that wasn't an issue to SE.

Who cares how many players know. It's SE that didnt have to know. Ya know; the people that develop/patch the game.

This is not a pissing match about which consumer/player knew.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-10 13:21:54
Link | Citer | R

Eiryl might be a different kind of bot/rmt. I imagine the average RMT will just focus on other things, like JP botting and random crafting mats. It might not be worth the trouble to continue making accounts for such a small payout.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 13:23:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Eiryl might be a different kind of bot/rmt. I imagine the average RMT will just focus on other things, like JP botting and random crafting mats. It might not be worth the trouble to continue making accounts for such a small payout.

I wouldn't give him that credit at all. The real RMT are not on here speaking at all. Why would they?

Eiryl is just lonely lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 18 19 20