Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » June 2020 Version Update
June 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 20
By ksoze 2020-06-10 07:34:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
For anyone that's curious how this is going to work.

A brand new character can be made in like 7 minutes. use the hp lua to go anywhere at level 1 and start collecting sparks from the bots that are there running ignoring cap.

Turn in cap, delete character, new character, same name, repeat.

Absolutely nothing changes, this whole process will be automated. It won't even cost extra money, the cap is so severe it makes more sense to delete accounts and restart them than to run dozens more.

Sounds like a real hassle mate, i don't think you are right
By Pantafernando 2020-06-10 07:39:27
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Damata said: »
Pop items are going to skyrocket in price..... great!!!

Nah.

None in their mind exchange 10k accolades to put junk to sell in AH for 10~50k.

If anything, any mat that gets close to 10/1 ratio will be severely camped so that the supply is never low and the price is never high.
By Vishwambhari 2020-06-10 07:40:56
Link | Citer | R

ksoze said: »

A brand new character can be made in like 7 minutes. use the hp lua to go anywhere at level 1 and start collecting sparks from the bots that are there running ignoring cap.

Absolutely nothing changes, this whole process will be automated. It won't even cost extra money, the cap is so severe it makes more sense to delete accounts and restart them than to run dozens more.

Sounds like a real hassle mate, i don't think you are right
Not saying it’s gonna play out that way, but if it’s gonna be automated I don’t see how it could be more of an hassle than anything else that is automated. If anything it could be slower, but not more/less tedious.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-06-10 07:43:39
Link | Citer | R

if thats how it goes down RMT still have their money printer even tho it prints slower? previously every bot in the 18 head alliance generates sparks/acc. now they'll have to have a number of dedicated farmers that run into cap and farm slower cause they have to keep as many spots as possible open for lvl 1 leaches.

so the only thing this achieved is increased cost for gil buyers and a small dampener on inflation? (ignoring the negative effects on regular player base they wanted to spare)
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2020-06-10 07:44:42
Link | Citer | R

Amount of people who are upset about the cap is a joke lol.

If you cant find better methods to make gil than RMT slaves who get whipped by an overlord if they stop trading in acheron shields for a break then you need to re-evaluate your income methods (and whether you're even enjoying the game to be honest).

Dont think I've ever traded more than 100k a week.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2020-06-10 07:45:24
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Phoenix.Damata said: »
Pop items are going to skyrocket in price..... great!!!

Nah.

None in their mind exchange 10k accolades to put junk to sell in AH for 10~50k.

If anything, any mat that gets close to 10/1 ratio will be severely camped so that the supply is never low and the price is never high.

It was always better to farm from the NM anyway to be honest - Was anyone farming accolades to buy pops rather than trade for gil or keys?
By Pantafernando 2020-06-10 07:48:42
Link | Citer | R

game is up scrubs
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-10 07:53:10
Link | Citer | R

I wont be pissed about this so much if every RMT starts farming dyna div and drop shards/medals prices.

Im not sure whats happening but supply on those items are normally low and got worse after craft exploit fix.

Most my cash just go to relic reforges/NPC 1M mat. If they can reduce this source of cash sink, i guess not much harm to me at least.

But not going happen, RMTs not doing dyna div. SE wont be dropping NPC mats price.

If anything maybe they will sink delve and vagary item prices. Probably spheres too if they are commited
By Pantafernando 2020-06-10 07:56:44
Link | Citer | R

initial menu got 18 years logo, how cute.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2020-06-10 07:58:42
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Probably spheres too if they are commited
Every shield comes with a guaranteed 90M+ gil sunk into Mewk Chorosap.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-10 07:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
In before you’ve used your 100k accolades and now you can’t unity warp. :)
Unless they're stupid, I don't think it's gonna affect those things but just the "exchange" of currency for items.
All other uses of currency should work (for upgrading items, warp, etc)
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-06-10 08:01:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Unless they're stupid
So what you're saying is we're screwed.
[+]
 Leviathan.Zelllo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Zelllo
By Leviathan.Zelllo 2020-06-10 08:05:11
Link | Citer | R

In the name of science, I just tested it out.

-Sparks and accolade caps are displayed in the UI for actions that take away from the weekly cap.

-The caps for sparks and accolades are independent of each other

-Unity mats and items are tied to the same cap for accolades

-The 30k to upgrade unity equipment is not taken from cap

-Unity warps do not take from cap either
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-06-10 08:07:52
Link | Citer | R

Normal accounts aren't creating/deleting characters by the dozen. Wouldn't it become even more obvious who's RMT and who's not?
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-06-10 08:22:45
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »

Normal accounts aren't creating/deleting characters by the dozen. Wouldn't it become even more obvious who's RMT and who's not?
Yes if se is looking for it shouldn't be hard to tell who selling gil at that point. Also the idea that this is only targeting gilsellers is kinda stupid in a way. They weren't the only ones printing gil. All the players going around making gil the same way got cut which is really good. People basically were out brain dead during gain exp on blu with this alone you've slowed down/stopped both parties from just making endless gil for doing nothing. Amount of players who either brought gil or farmed gain exp for gil being hurt is a nice welcome change. I just don't like the unity one personally they could've just taken the damn powder away.
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-06-10 08:23:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »

RMT Bots' take on Vana'diel after the update:
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-10 09:02:29
Link | Citer | R

Thinking about the greater implications and fallout:

Merc culture will take a massive hit, most new players and casuals used sparks to get gil to pay for job points and other merc services. So now they will be far less likely to do that, which means they will be more likely to want to group up or do content themselves again. On one hand this is good but on the other it's bad because it makes the game more difficult for them to progress, like it or not people like easy progress via mercs. Getting job points as a new or casual is insanely boring and long-winded. Square really need to make job point acquisition easier, maybe gain xp times = double capacity points or something.

When gil requires more effort to make, people will be far less happy to overspend. This will push prices down on auction house sales across the board, low and high ticket items. Sparks was basically free gil for many people, which devalued gil in their minds. Since these bottom of the food chain people will be spending less gil, it will also impact the top of the food chain people who fed off their sparks gil too. KC is about to nosedive in value, job point sellers are about to lose most of their customers.

Players are going to swap to other ways to make gil, most obviously they will be farming currency and this will then flood the auction house and push prices down hard due to oversupply, also because of impatient sellers who will undercut wildly. This will hurt farmers badly and help people upgrading REMA.

No matter what botters will say, this is a major nerf to their business and there is really no way around it. They can make new characters and delete but that will entail a massive reduction in their income due to lots of dead time and slower sparks gain.

However:

RMT prices will go through the roof, which sounds good to them but will also mean far less will then buy gil.

Botters are going to move into other means of making gil enmasse, due to no content in ffxi being instanced this will start causing logjams on content. Which will cause more complaints about bots, which will cause the STF to look into it and cause more accounts to get banned.

Things that currently have no restrictions like dynamis entry etc, may get restrictions when bots abuse it heavily. Most normal players cannot do dynamis over and over again, they know that.

People keep saying "why did they do this after so long", it was because of the lockdown. They were not allowed to go into work for weeks, so they had plenty of time to check logs and do stuff like this.
[+]
 Alexander.Jammingjamie
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Jammingjamie 2020-06-10 09:07:40
Link | Citer | R

Buying a Scroll of Instant Warp from the Sparks NPC reduced my total purchase from 100,000 to 99,990.
 Asura.Vanixim
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-06-10 09:22:36
Link | Citer | R

All joking aside, what’s the issue? Unless you bot, Sparks and CP are not easily capped per day. The only people I see that have serious heartburn with this and are trying to disguise it as genuine concern for the economy are RMT themselves. FFXI economies have been screwed and were never ideal, but that’s normal when you have so many players play at once (all that chaos!). For example, we have laws in place to prevent pump and dump schemes in the stock market, but sh!t happens ALL THE TIME, but done just right to fall outside the scope of illegality. People will always take advantage of the system when opportunity presents itself, and I don’t trust SE (or any other dev for that matter) to create a foolproof economy, and that’s fine. It’s nice to know they are at least making an effort to curb RMT.

Also, regardless of whether SE patches this hole, another leak will pop up somewhere else. I guess we’ll all have to learn how to deal. And please don’t try to make it sound like Sparks and Acc caps somehow break the game, lol. It’s not that big a deal (for non-RMT).

That’s life, I guess? Keep them RMT tears flowing, can’t get enough!
 Sylph.Feary
Serveur: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2020-06-10 10:02:43
Link | Citer | R

Gil was being created much faster than it was being taken out/deleted from the markets.

Now, Gil is being taken much faster than it can presumably be crested.

Low balling numbers, not including RMT, Players went from generating 2m? a day capping point 2 twice a day to generating 1m a week.

Eventually this will cause massive Deflation. the only way to combat this will be RMT.

To Keep up this will also have effect on RMT behavior. They will have to find an alternative as they will always find a way to create gil.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-06-10 10:05:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vanixim said: »
All joking aside, what’s the issue? Unless you bot, Sparks and CP are not easily capped per day. The only people I see that have serious heartburn with this and are trying to disguise it as genuine concern for the economy are RMT themselves. FFXI economies have been screwed and were never ideal, but that’s normal when you have so many players play at once (all that chaos!). For example, we have laws in place to prevent pump and dump schemes in the stock market, but sh!t happens ALL THE TIME, but done just right to fall outside the scope of illegality. People will always take advantage of the system when opportunity presents itself, and I don’t trust SE (or any other dev for that matter) to create a foolproof economy, and that’s fine. It’s nice to know they are at least making an effort to curb RMT.

Also, regardless of whether SE patches this hole, another leak will pop up somewhere else. I guess we’ll all have to learn how to deal. And please don’t try to make it sound like Sparks and Acc caps somehow break the game, lol. It’s not that big a deal (for non-RMT).

That’s life, I guess? Keep them RMT tears flowing, can’t get enough!
This is wrong in some ways. If you think its hard to cap sparks and acc you must not play the game. Its never been hard for the most part. As a person who doesn't spend much time farming spark it wasnt hard for me to cap it just by doing other ***. People would cap a ton of times during gain exp and other good spark rotations. The cap won't even hurt the rmts that much in the long run. Just like they've always done they'll adapt and survive. Still don't get why people think this was only to target rmts.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-06-10 10:32:46
Link | Citer | R

Ya I doubt this will hurt rmt much at all. The economy will deflate but everyone that's gil capped is just gonna laugh cuz soon they'll be able to afford literally all the things. Meanwhile those real players that used the system for money just got their food stamps taken away cuz their neighbor is cheating the system and getting them too,
By Mattelot 2020-06-10 10:56:01
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
it makes the game more difficult for them to progress

Depends on what, exactly. Paying for JP? That's just simple laziness.

RadialArcana said: »
Getting job points as a new or casual is insanely boring and long-winded.

That's just how the game is. As I always say, if playing this game the way it was intended is boring or you don't like it... stop playing. The game is obviously not for you and you're just trying to shoehorn it into place.

Seriously, the amount of things people want done in this game but don't actually do it is staggering. Why are they even playing this game?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Aerix 2020-06-10 11:05:32
Link | Citer | R

As someone who has earned the majority of their gil through Gain Exp for the longest time I wholeheartedly welcome this change. I will never again have to worry about making time every week just to bore myself to death for several hours.

That said, everyone complaining about this nerf is severely overestimating how much Sparks/Accos casual players were actually making and dumping each week. Just doing normal content (i.e. not killing EXP-yielding mobs or Unity NMs every day) and not necessarily playing during Gain Experience periods meant that you would cap maybe once week, possibly twice. Not even close to 3-5 times or more. More often than not you wouldn't even cap a single time if you were focusing on content like Geas Fete and only playing a handful of hours per day or week.

Also people who always sold items instantly can suck it. :P
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-10 11:22:00
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »
Why are they even playing this game?

Ah, the greastest form of brilliance for mediocre people.

____(insert some complain here)_______. Why do you play?

Even for mediocre people, it shouldnt be that hard to understand people dont make decisions based on single parameter but the final summation.

Look, it isnt that hard to understand: you dont ask divorce of your wife because she farts at night. you dont ran away from home because your mom yells to you to brush your teeths. You dont abandon your son because he just broke your video game.

Why do people still play a game even though something is boring? Maybe its because there are other things not boring to do in this game.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 11:30:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »

I've played this game long enough to know SE doenst go easy on nerfs.

Whats disappointing is they didnt lock it by POL ID. So RMT are just gonna run 16 chars per POL ID and loop them around.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-06-10 11:35:37
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »
Everyone complaining about this nerf is severely overestimating how much Sparks/Accos casual players were actually making and dumping each week. Just doing normal content (i.e. not killing EXP-yielding mobs or Unity NMs every day) and not necessarily playing during Gain Experience periods meant that you would cap maybe once week, possibly twice. Not even close to 3-5 times or more. More often than not you wouldn't even cap a single time if you were focusing on content like Geas Fete and only playing a handful of hours per day or week.

As someone who has earned the majority of their gil through Gain Exp for the longest time I wholeheartedly welcome this change. I will never again have to worry about making time every week just to bore myself to death for several hours.

Also people who always sold items instantly can suck it. :P
I mean even before the nerf you didn't have to do this lol. Noone had a gun to your head saying go do gain exp
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-06-10 11:36:11
Link | Citer | R

There's no real point in paying for and running 16 chars. That's barely more than 1mil/$. A quick google shows prices right around there at the moment, so they'd be breaking even.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 20