Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 117 118 119
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-01 21:09:48
Link | Citer | R

/PANIC +1

GUYS.....

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-01 21:11:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
The enmity from Burtgang can really help in a debate if he subs war and uses provoke.
*** that.

/BLU or GTFO
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-01 21:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Only thing BLU is good for.....

/gauntlet

Where u at Draylo?!?!?
 Valefor.Commodus
Serveur: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-01 21:20:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Alright I mostly skimmed this thread because it got ignorant pretty quick, but let's see:

If we assume segregation ended in 1964 with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which is laughable since it didn't take place right away, the first kids to get to go to the full schools was born around 1960. Their children would be born in 1980-1990, basically older millennials. That would be the first generation of blacks that had 'properly' educated parents. And that's...less than half the current population.

You cannot dismiss the impact of segregation on the current population. It was long, it was widespread, and it's still VERY much related to how things process now.

Add in that it's not going to be a full conversion to everyone trusting and listening to the government that had literally beaten them and considered them inferior for CENTURIES, and since American school funding is also heavily based on local taxes, and blacks were forced into low income ghettoes without an education for decades, means they also largely only had access to the weakest schools.

Until we have some proper education reform to help balance out school quality across the nation, and poverty reform to help the inner cities not be stuck the way they are, it's sadly going to be a slow trickle of inner city children getting a proper education and opportunity to join "civilized society". Until then we're going to keep having data "proving" that blacks are criminals people can point to, without them spending any time to understand why that data exists.

TL:DR - If you think segregation ended decades ago and everything is super cool now you're a simplistic moron with no understanding of sociology or nuance.

No one made this argument. It's another strawman. You put quotation marks around "proving" as if to say all the violent crime stats in the FBI database are fake or all of the convicts were framed, and in the same sentence suggest that we should be understanding and tolerant of there being so many black violent criminals because of the past. You wouldn't excuse or promote understanding of a violent criminal of any other race just because they came from a poor or broken home or heritage.

But the rest of your post aligns pretty much with what's already been posted: they're struggling to integrate and pull themselves up. But neither that, nor any history, excuses violent crime. There's not supposed to be any excuse for violent crime.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-01 21:21:01
Link | Citer | R

Until we have some proper education reform to help balance out school quality across the nation, and poverty reform to help the inner cities not be stuck the way they are, it's sadly going to be a slow trickle of inner city children getting a proper education and opportunity to join "civilized society". Until then we're going to keep having data "proving" that blacks are criminals people can point to, without them spending any time to understand why that data exists.
It has more to do with the education system and poverty.

Drive, work ethic, and family are also key factors in building up a person as young as children.

Sadly, most parents see public education as a government-funded babysitter for their children, instead of what it is supposed to be. And they neglect their children because of it. Or, more accurately, educationally neglect their children (as in, not be active in their child's education).
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-01 21:21:54
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for reminding me why I don't check this site anymore. FFXIAH has the political sense of a dead ferret. But what else should I have expected from the forums of a 20 year-old game besides boomers.

Let me spell it out for you.

If you reject the riots and looting, you are on the side of the oppressor.

If you spend your mental energy arguing that "hurr durr looting is bad" instead of the underlying issue of police brutality and systemic racism, congratulations, you care more about property damage than human life.

Because here's the thing. Black people have been "peacefully protesting" for *** DECADES NOW. Colin *** Kaepernick protested on national television and racist chuds like you would say, "me no likely when black sports man speak out!"

Peaceful protest has done NOTHING. And when black citizens are dying on a weekly basis from the *** POLICE, what else is gonna happen? The civil rights movement in the 60's only picked up because of riots and violence. If you haven't studied the history of civil rights your opinion is unwanted. If you want a start, go ahead and read MLK's "Letter from Birmingham Jail."

Target is going to be fine. They will file an insurance claim and get fully reimbursed. George Floyd's life is gone forever. The fact that some of you give more of a ***about Target than you do about the lives of the rioters speaks volumes about your character.

Vandalism and looting gets ***done. If that triggers you, then maybe you should help create a situation where maybe thousands of citizens don't feel like they HAVE to vandalize and loot to get people to notice them.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-01 21:22:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Sadly, most parents see public education as a government-funded babysitter for their children, instead of what it is supposed to be. And they neglect their children because of it. Or, more accurately, educationally neglect their children (as in, not be active in their child's education).

I think the pandemic shutting down schools proved this to be true across all racial and economic barriers.
By Quizzy 2020-06-01 21:22:38
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Commodus said: »
It's another strawman.

I don't even completely disagree with everything you have posted... but it is funny to see you try to call someone out for using a strawman.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-01 21:23:44
Link | Citer | R

I think the pandemic shutting down schools proved this to be true across all racial and economic barriers.
I didn't imply that this was a race issue though.

I meant this as a general "what the *** is wrong with those young'uns nowadays" old-man rant.
By Draylo 2020-06-01 21:24:27
Link | Citer | R

Wrong, looting and violence doesn't get ***done. How despicable that people would promote that garbage. These people don't give two shits about the cause, they are looting to get themselves some Louie Vuitton. People are beginning to wake up to the stupid buzz posts that people like you blindly follow on social media. Looting is NOT OKAY, stop damaging peoples businesses and livelihoods!!! They are burning garbage outside people residential houses, they are robbing pharmacies of medication that people need to live. To hell with thinking thats okay.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-01 21:24:57
Link | Citer | R

I didn't imply that this was a race issue though.

I meant this as a general "what the *** is wrong with those young'uns nowadays" old-man rant.

Yeah, wasn't sure what nuance you meant behind it, I just wanted to clarify that's an entire societal thing in our age, and it's *** depressing.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-01 21:25:05
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Thanks for reminding me why I don't check this site anymore. FFXIAH has the political sense of a dead ferret. But what else should I have expected from the forums of a 20 year-old game besides boomers.

If you spend your mental energy arguing that "hurr durr looting is bad" instead of the underlying issue of police brutality and systemic racism, congratulations, you care more about property damage than human life.

Because here's the thing. Black people have been "peacefully protesting" for *** DECADES NOW. Colin *** Kaepernick protested on national television and racist chuds like you would say, "me no likely when black sports man speak out!"

Peaceful protest has done NOTHING. And when black citizens are dying on a weekly basis from the *** POLICE, what else is gonna happen? The civil rights movement in the 60's only picked up because of riots and violence. If you haven't studied the history of civil rights your opinion is unwanted. If you want a start, go ahead and read MLK's "Letter from Birmingham Jail."

Target is going to be fine. They will file an insurance claim and get fully reimbursed. George Floyd's life is gone forever. The fact that some of you give more of a ***about Target than you do about the lives of the rioters speaks volumes about your character.

Vandalism and looting gets ***done. If that triggers you, then maybe you should help create a situation where maybe thousands of citizens don't feel like they HAVE to vandalize and loot to get people to notice them.
So...much...projection...in...that....post!
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-01 21:26:00
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Wrong, looting and violence doesn't get ***done. How despicaple that people would promote that garbage. These people don't give two shits about the cause, they are looting to get themselves some Louie Vuitton. People are beginning to wake up to the stupid buzz posts that people like you blindly follow on social media. Looting is NOT OKAY, stop damaging peoples businesses and livelihoods!!! They are burning garbage outside people residental houses, they are robbing pharmacies of medication that people need to live. To hell with thinking thats okay.

I thought I mentioned something about the opinions of uneducated people being worthless here.

But let's start--- who exactly are "These people"?
 Asura.Toeknee
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2020-06-01 21:26:24
Link | Citer | R

By Draylo 2020-06-01 21:28:04
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Black business owner out of a shop, there are tons of cases like this but of course you'll ignore it for your cause right? Insurance surely covers the days they could have profited from being open or potential rise in costs. Once again, these people don't give a ***who the guy who died was, they just want to raise hell and steal iphones.

THESE PEOPLE, are the looters and rioters ruining the protest for everyone. They are not OKAY, regardless of what some guysays on a game forum. You won't convince me otherwise, it literally fills me with disgust.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-01 21:29:02
Link | Citer | R

Once again, these people don't give a ***who the guy who died was, they just want to raise hell and steal iphones.

Again, who are "these people"? It sounds like you're using this verbage because you're afraid of looking bad.
By Draylo 2020-06-01 21:29:34
Link | Citer | R

LOOTERS AND RIOTERS, I've said it multiple times already.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-01 21:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Multiple leaders in the black community have spoken out about this violent rioting and looting, the majority condemn it.
[+]
 Valefor.Commodus
Serveur: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-01 21:31:02
Link | Citer | R

blacks murder whites over 12x (twelve times) more than the other way around, by percent of population.

despite being only 12.7% of the population, blacks murder more than double the raw number of whites as the other way around.

If whites had the same standards as the violent, acting-out blacks are displaying right now, then whites would be out rioting 365 days a year until the systemic murder of whites by blacks was fixed. Luckily (for blacks), whites don't behave in that manner.

You reference MLK. MLK would be *** disgusted at what you posted. You should be ashamed.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2020-06-01 21:31:44
Link | Citer | R

The thread title told me to expect thinly veiled racism from people that think they're actually fooling anyone other than themselves about not being racist and you guys still managed to make me disappointed.
[+]
 Asura.Toeknee
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2020-06-01 21:32:53
Link | Citer | R

i suggested a lot of the people i've had conversations with watch this video. is looting bad? yup. but maybe this will give you a little context, since you might not have ever been fed up with something enough to this extent

Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-01 21:33:26
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
The thread title told me to expect thinly veiled racism from people that think they're actually fooling anyone other than themselves about not being racist and you guys still managed to make me disappointed.

That's why I just skimmed the thread, I already was sick of the racism by the time I got to page 2, lol.
By Draylo 2020-06-01 21:33:29
Link | Citer | R

Clearly opposing rioting and looting of people who have NOTHING to do with that mans death, means you're a racist. I wonder what you'll say when it effects you? He uses "boomers" to describe everyone here, maybe he still lives with mom and never had his own business to care about.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-01 21:36:27
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Don't lump my title in with this nonsense, the OP got complained about too much aparently, all I asked was what the riots were about lol. Seriously thought it was corona virus protesters gone insane.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-01 21:36:45
Link | Citer | R

What got us to this point?

Oh yeah... cue the montage

Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-01 21:37:45
Link | Citer | R

Better voice your opinions to strangers over the internet, as if it will have any overall effect other than you wasting your time, while you can.

First post on this thread:

Why you thought this was a good idea because "this site has become boring" or whatever your stated reason was is beyond me. You knew what would happen. Feigning ignorance about the racial implications of the situation and the shi*storm that would follow by bringing it onto this site with a thread by claiming "I thought this was about Corona virus" is easily negated as if that was the case, you could/would have posted in that thread about Corona virus that wouldn't die.

You're a bad person and you should feel bad. No more memes for you.

Note: Blocking the OP of the thread doesn't make the thread invisible on the main page. Rooks does though, however.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-01 21:39:52
Link | Citer | R

LOOTERS AND RIOTERS, I've said it multiple times already.

Sorry, I don't see it if you ninja edit your post.

Surely there are people in that crowd don't care about the cause and are being opportunistic. But there is zero way you can prove that these opportunists are the ONLY people looting and rioting.

I could easily reverse your assertion and say "you guys don't care about the cause! They only care about their own racist beliefs and are opportunistically using the Target as an example to cover their ***!" FWIW I think this is absolutely true, but I'm not going to use this as the premise of all of my arguments to discredit you via ad hominem. I am forcing myself to engage directly on these issues, and I am hoping to force you to acknowledge your own mindset and biases in a similar way.

Whenever I hear complaints about the rioting and looting, what I see is people using it to discredit the cause as a whole, or otherwise distract from the facts of the matter: the people are *** mad about racist police officers.

Some black business owners got *** over too, you're right. But your conclusion is misguided: rioters and looters generally target ALL buildings in sight--- the point is to make noise and get attention, not *** over specific people. Atlanta's CNN headquarters was raided too, but the rioters had no specific beef with CNN. It was just there, and *** it up would stir the pot. That's how this works.

Bad people will always hide behind good causes for their own personal benefit. But by centering on this fact you are (potentially unwittingly) building a strawman. You have zero logical foundation to assert that these riots and looting incidents are fundamentally opportunistic.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-01 21:40:23
Link | Citer | R

Multiple leaders in the black community have spoken out about this violent rioting and looting, the majority condemn it.

Prove it. "The majority."
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-01 21:40:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Why you thought this was a good idea because "this site has become boring" or whatever your stated reason was is beyond me. You knew what would happen. Feigning ignorance about the racial implications of the situation and the shi*storm that would follow by bringing it onto this site with a thread by claiming "I thought this was about Corona virus" is easily negated as if that was the case, you could/would have posted in that thread about Corona virus that wouldn't die.

You're a bad person and you should feel bad. No more memes for you.
Thread is locked, and yes I am that out of the loop, sorry you wanna project some *** onto me but I ain't having it. My life is not consumed over racism, so, again legit thought it had something to do with corona shenanigans. and the spoiler comment was a joke, but cool story bro.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-01 21:42:02
Link | Citer | R

Clearly opposing rioting and looting of people who have NOTHING to do with that mans death, means you're a racist. I wonder what you'll say when it effects you? He uses "boomers" to describe everyone here, maybe he still lives with mom and never had his own business to care about.

Clearly despite being in both this thread and BG you haven't noticed there are COUNTLESS examples of protesters STOPPING LOOTERS, as well as countless videos showing looting being literally anyone. Meanwhile this thread devolved into talking about blacks commit all the crimes because of their genetics.

Looters are opportunists operating in the 'shadow' of the protests. They are politically neutral, they give no *** about the politics, they're just out to get their own. Think about how the GOP passes tax cut or bailout bills, they care about their own, *** the rest. The only way you're stopping looters is by stopping the protesters, the only way you're stopping these protesters is by dealing with why they're protesting.

Instead, you're going around these thread crying about looters, which doesn't solve a *** thing.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 117 118 119