Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 117 118 119
By Draylo 2020-06-02 17:57:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Draylo said: »
I’m aware of all the things wrong the cops are doing as well and I’ve called them out also. It’s completely different when you have new victims being created every day stemming from this violence and looting destroying cities. It does nothing to help the cause at all and in fact because it’s creating new victims it’s further strengthening the problem that caused this. No change is going to come from this method, only more hate. You keep forgetting people can care about more than one issue at a time. When these looters are literally a block away from my condo, you see the more imminent threat.

Also yes, cops can be good people. Didn’t we learn that using the actions of individuals to apply to the whole, is wrong ? That means these looters are making all the protesters bad by that analogy.

And I'd guess if you were black you'd know to consider the cops the more imminent threat, but since you're a well off white guy, you're just scared of the looters.

You act like cops kill people literally every day, these cases pop up every year or so. Go look at stats and see. You aren’t pushing reform by demonizing cops and looting, it does nothing to help the cause. Every job will have bad apples, every single one, and you can’t be perfect at eliminating them
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 17:58:03
Link | Citer | R

They literally looted bodegas in the bronx and Brooklyn

NO CHOPPED CHEESE NO PEACE!!!
How you gonna disrespect the Bodega?
Somebody call the National Guard!!!

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-02 17:58:19
Link | Citer | R

An Eye for an Eye makes the world go blind.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2020-06-02 17:59:56
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
fast and dirty

Just the way I like my women.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 18:00:38
Link | Citer | R

How can you say all cops are bad if you don’t even know them or see the activism they’ve tried to change the situation? You make no sense when you condemn the whole group due to actions of few
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 18:00:49
Link | Citer | R

If I see one more goddamm person say "I know a good cop" I'm gonna snap. I know a really good meth dealer. Doesn't make meth good.

And none of those cops y'all know who are "good" really are unless they're reporting on the bad members of their community and actively trying to improve community relations between LEO and civilians. You're not a good cop just because you've never had a problem, if you're just riding along with the Good Ol' Boys, you're just as bad as standing on someone's neck.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 18:02:45
Link | Citer | R

How can you say all cops are bad if you don’t even know them or see the activism they’ve tried to change the situation? You make no sense when you condemn the whole group due to actions of few

No offense but are you hearing yourself?
Change out the pronouns from Cops to Protestor.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 18:03:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Zerowone said: »

I never said the protesters were bad , now you’re just playing games
By Draylo 2020-06-02 18:04:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
If I see one more goddamm person say "I know a good cop" I'm gonna snap. I know a really good meth dealer. Doesn't make meth good.

And none of those cops y'all know who are "good" really are unless they're reporting on the bad members of their community and actively trying to improve community relations between LEO and civilians. You're not a good cop just because you've never had a problem, if you're just riding along with the Good Ol' Boys, you're just as bad as standing on someone's neck.

Comparing people who risk their lives everyday to keep you safe, to meth. Lol...
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 18:05:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I’m aware of all the things wrong the cops are doing as well and I’ve called them out also. It’s completely different when you have new victims being created every day stemming from this violence and looting destroying cities. It does nothing to help the cause at all and in fact because it’s creating new victims it’s further strengthening the problem that caused this. No change is going to come from this method, only more hate. You keep forgetting people can care about more than one issue at a time. When these looters are literally a block away from my condo, you see the more imminent threat.

Also yes, cops can be good people. Didn’t we learn that using the actions of individuals to apply to the whole, is wrong ? That means these looters are making all the protesters bad by that analogy.

And I'd guess if you were black you'd know to consider the cops the more imminent threat, but since you're a well off white guy, you're just scared of the looters.

You act like cops kill people literally every day, these cases pop up every year or so. Go look at stats and see. You aren’t pushing reform by demonizing cops and looting, it does nothing to help the cause. Every job will have bad apples, every single one, and you can’t be perfect at eliminating them

Did you just say George Floyd cases only pop up every year or so?

George Floyd
Breonna Taylor
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/missouri-police-sued-beating-black-woman-her-son-sam-s-n1210181
Ahmaud Arbery (ex-cop)

This is just the news cycle from the last 3 weeks. And those are only cases that 1) We have video evidence of and 2) I can think of right now.

Meanwhile here are a few examples of your "cops are good people" from the last few days:

https://twitter.com/jusalotofpain/status/1267638427723296768

https://twitter.com/mkultranews/status/1267305587206807553

https://twitter.com/_popaboywillie/status/1267257954048278529

https://twitter.com/LasVegasLocally/status/1267210841595604992

https://streamable.com/u2jzoo

https://old.reddit.com/r/iamatotalpieceofshit/comments/gu4mnu/police_pull_down_mask_to_pepper_spray_a_protestor/

That's literally just some of the ***I have easy access to without putting forth any effort. And you are effectively defending all of this by going "BUT TEH LOOTERS!" instead of going "HOLY *** ***POLICE CALM YOUR ***" which would be the appropriate and measured response. And people like you defending the police are only going to perpetuate the issues and protests at hand, and do not contribute to stopping the looters you are so desperately afraid of.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 18:05:26
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Zerowone said: »

I never said the protesters were bad , now you’re just playing games

I like my games fast and dirty like I like my Chopped Cheese from the Bodega... oh and also how I like my women and how I like my whiskey.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 18:06:52
Link | Citer | R

... They do. you can't kill 1004 people in a year without killing at least one person (nearly) every single day of that year.

"These cases pop up" because the mother *** lie and have "malfunctioning body cameras"
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 18:09:39
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 18:10:14
Link | Citer | R

Should I shun my cousin? He’s also a cop, maybe we can kick him out of the family. How dare he want to volunteer to protect people
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-02 18:10:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

... They do. you can't kill 1004 people in a year without killing at least one person (nearly) every single day of that year.

"These cases pop up" because the mother *** lie and have "malfunctioning body cameras"
Are you assuming that every single person who was killed by a police officer was not committing a crime at the time of death?
By Draylo 2020-06-02 18:10:44
Link | Citer | R

1004 innocent people ?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 18:11:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Are you assuming that every single person who was killed by a police officer was not committing a crime at the time of death?

Not at all.

1004 innocent people ?

Does it matter? is theft grounds for death by shooting? How about drug sales? Speeding? When is it "ok" for a cop to kill someone. Even if you think it's ok AT ALL it's definitely not ok a thousand times a year.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-02 18:12:00
Link | Citer | R

You act like cops kill people literally every day
They literally do.

Every job will have bad apples, every single one, and you can’t be perfect at eliminating them
You can however restructure your criminal justice system to not shield their misconduct. You literally do not get it.

Easy as all cops protect the bad ones, ergo all cops are bad.
We condemn the group due to the actions of the few AND the actions of the group. We have a police problem, that is something everyone agrees on except the bootlickers. It's not debatable.

Rioting in the streets may not solve anything, but silently allowing it to continue just gets people killed, so.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 18:12:33
Link | Citer | R

Should I shun my cousin? He’s also a cop, maybe we can kick him out of the family. How dare he want to volunteer to protect people

Does he work for the NYPD and watch the (or contribute to the) beating of people he's supposed to be protecting? The NYPD has been one of the shittiest forces for a while, with a plethora of excessive force usage across it. There's a very good chance your cousin has literally beaten people, or watched his buddies do it and said nothing.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-02 18:13:08
Link | Citer | R

It's literally not a cop's job to protect people. As for your asinine question: yes.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 18:13:44
Link | Citer | R

I’ve said so many times that I am for reform, in whatever fashion it takes, and for addressing this issue. So one cop who doesn’t call out the action of another in a totally different precinct or even state, makes them bad too? You just don’t make sense
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-02 18:14:25
Link | Citer | R

My stepdad's mom was ran over by a bus and the bus company just happened to "lose" the important camera footage before the court trial. Such B.S. I bet if someone vandalized the inside of the bus they sure as ***wouldn't have lost that footage.

Same with cop's body cameras.

Kind of surprised they have not deployed the tech to shut down all phone recording around these protest sites yet "for safety concerns".

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jun/30/apple-iphone-camera-disable-remote-sensors-patent
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 18:14:33
Link | Citer | R

I’ve said so many times that I am for reform, in whatever fashion it takes, and for addressing this issue. So one cop who doesn’t call out the action of another in a totally different precinct or even state, makes them bad too? You just don’t make sense

The ones that let it happen are worse than the ones that do it.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-02 18:14:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

Comparing people who risk their lives everyday to keep you safe, to meth. Lol...
Who does this? Certainly not the police.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 18:15:57
Link | Citer | R

If he's a small town cop, he may be "one of the good ones". If he's a big city cop, where basically every big city has police being unnecessarily violent against its own citizens presently, chances are he is very much guilty of being a piece of ***.
By Prong 2020-06-02 18:16:12
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
You act like cops kill people literally every day
They literally do.

Every job will have bad apples, every single one, and you can’t be perfect at eliminating them
You can however restructure your criminal justice system to not shield their misconduct. You literally do not get it.

Easy as all cops protect the bad ones, ergo all cops are bad.
We condemn the group due to the actions of the few AND the actions of the group. We have a police problem, that is something everyone agrees on except the bootlickers. It's not debatable.

Rioting in the streets may not solve anything, but silently allowing it to continue just gets people killed, so.

I agree with most of this but, if we were to judge entire groups for not condemning "the bad ones" then why do we not use this same logic with Muslims? Rarely do you see groups of Muslims publicly denounce the actions of their more extreme brethren, but then the same ideological groups now claiming "all cops are bad because they don't call out the bad ones" tend to be the same people in America who will demonize you for stereotyping all Muslims. Just looking for some consistency.
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-06-02 18:16:34
Link | Citer | R

You make no sense when you condemn the whole group due to actions of few

The issue is not that there are bad cops. (I mean, that's AN issue.) It's that between extremely strong police unions, qualified immunity, the difficulty of dealing with Monell liability, and other factors, actually getting bad cops to face consequences is exceedingly difficult. And all of those factors? Those aren't even step one. Getting people to testify against police, or even to properly report police misconduct, is a steep barrier, due to threat of retaliation.

Absolutely everyone should be concerned about the power police forces in the United States have. Let's say 99% of cops are solid, good people, focused on doing their absolute best. In 2018, there were 686,665 full time law enforcement officers in the United States. That leaves almost seven thousand dirty cops. Does that seem like a good number to you?
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 18:16:53
Link | Citer | R

I hope you never get robbed or need the police for anything. I really think all the cops should strike and let you haters defend your cities
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 117 118 119