Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 117 118 119
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-01 22:36:19
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
This is helping Trump actually. The people getting looted and their businesses and homes destroyed are probably voters and they will be the ones to show up and remember this horror. The far left is advocating for the looting to continue and not to be stopped

And I'm sure those people will be silent if/when Trump brings in the military and starts mowing down American citizens. Because people like you can't get over the looting and see the whole picture here.
[+]
 Fenrir.Puciato
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Pucidain
By Fenrir.Puciato 2020-06-01 22:36:21
Link | Citer | R

"You see, we were forced to destroy the lives of small business owners because of oppression."

SJW logic and rhetoric is a sign that the western world is dying and leading the way into global chaos.

Also the f out of here with that if you're not with us you're oppressing us nonsense. I work 50+ hours a week, volunteer at least ten feeding and consoling the homeless, and I never get any help from snarky sjw twitter warriors. I don't have the time to get behind whatever people come up with every week now to be outraged so I can look cool on facebook. I'm too busy actually being out there and doing it while trying to support myself.

So yeah, I'm racist because I think people destroying philadelphia is nonsense. I wouldn't see any of these *** or the sjw liberals that support them down at the soup kitchen anyways. No one has any real life, day to day experience of dealing with these issues and it's just annoying at this point.

People are ***.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-01 22:36:53
Link | Citer | R

This is helping Trump actually. The people getting looted and their businesses and homes destroyed are probably voters and they will be the ones to show up and remember this horror. The far left is advocating for the looting to continue and not to be stopped

Joe Biden is not far left lmfao
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-01 22:44:15
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »

Right? Everyone on the right is super scared of this far left boogeyman, meanwhile the actual candidate from "the left" is a boring, middle of the road dude. *** man, dude said his police reform would be to train to shoot at the leg, lol. The far left movement in America is a minority of the leftist party, but everyone's all afraid of them cause they've been taught to be scared.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-01 22:44:23
Link | Citer | R

Biden would be a moderate Republican in a sane world where the alt-right had not co-opted the GOP. And you know, the sad irony about Joe Biden is that we are looking to him to save us from this madness under Trump in November, but he authored the crime bill that caused black incarceration to skyrocket. Ain't easy being an American voter, that's for sure.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-01 22:44:46
Link | Citer | R

Dude you sound like some guy that just got into politics and is using all the cool buzzwords. Just stop.

Also people can care about more than one issue, once again. I care about what happened, if you want that opinion just ask me. We are simply responding to the cool kid that called us boomers and advocates violence
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-01 22:45:33
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Puciato said: »
"You see, we were forced to destroy the lives of small business owners because of oppression."

SJW logic and rhetoric is a sign that the western world is dying and leading the way into global chaos.

Also the f out of here with that if you're not with us you're oppressing us nonsense. I work 50+ hours a week, volunteer at least ten feeding and consoling the homeless, and I never get any help from snarky sjw twitter warriors. I don't have the time to get behind whatever people come up with every week now to be outraged so I can look cool on facebook. I'm too busy actually being out there and doing it while trying to support myself.

So yeah, I'm racist because I think people destroying philadelphia is nonsense. I wouldn't see any of these *** or the sjw liberals that support them down at the soup kitchen anyways. No one has any real life, day to day experience of dealing with these issues and it's just annoying at this point.

People are ***.

You are a good person for volunteering and helping the homeless, I really mean that.

I wouldn't say "if you're not for us you're against us," what I said was that silence, antipathy, or even just apathy always benefit the oppressors. This doesn't make you a racist. It's like if you watch somebody get beat up... you don't have to stick yourself in the fight-- you can call for help or any number of other things that can help out. If you make fun of the bullied person or tell him "it's not that bad. Get over it", you are simply enabling the bully to get away with more crimes.

From my perspective, the "call to arms" here is, at its most fundamental, to not discredit the legitimacy of these protests and riots just because there is property damage or theft.

If you stick with your gut and make the mental shortcut "Looting is bad, and anybody who loots is therefore automatically bad, therefore I should ignore the seriousness of their plight", this is unintentionally helping the State and the Police.
By volkom 2020-06-01 22:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Posted parts of this in P&R ~ guess I'll bring it over here. Is this the mentality we're going to have to try to change the police & govt?

YouTube Video Placeholder

violence breeds more violence ~ if we want to have a society that sees everyone as equals, where race isn't an issue there has to be a better solution. The rioting and looting is going to create more racists. Sure there's instigators on both sides for causing the riots and looting and I'm glad that some people are stopping some of them. From my perspective the looting of businesses is doing more harm than good. Yes some places have insurance (like Target) but independent store owners, small businesses, people who invested their life's savings trying to start something shouldn't be a target. Private citizens shouldn't be a target either e.g Cassandra Fairbanks https://twitter.com/CassandraRules/status/1267369933014536192
Also the rioting and the looting puts a strain on the city resources where emergency may be needed elsewhere.

If you support the protesting ~ Yup I agree with whats been found so far and there should be justice. If you support the rioting and looting. Fine I get it ~ you do you. I don't like it, I think its pulling away from the message that's trying to be heard. However if you support the riots and looting you can't be a hypocrite if they come near your home or business.

Aside from that ~ how *** up have things gotten where we're like "please hold police to a higher standard" and "please don't have candidates who are involved in active sexual assault allegations that are running for president" ~ bar is getting pretty low that we can start playing limbo.

/rant

question tho~ why vandalize national monuments like the Lincoln Memorial and the WWII Memorial? that's pretty low imho
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-01 22:47:39
Link | Citer | R

Who said anything about Biden ? I’m confused
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-01 22:48:23
Link | Citer | R

Dude you sound like some guy that just got into politics and is using all the cool buzzwords. Just stop.

Also people can care about more than one issue, once again. I care about what happened, if you want that opinion just ask me. We are simply responding to the cool kid that called us boomers and advocates violence

Well the "boomer" thing was cast more widely to those who use this as another excuse to condemn black people (cough Commodus cough) and a general inflexibility to think about complex social issues

I used to have your opinion a few years ago. But then I realized that I had gotten so used to black people being murdered that the CVS burning down caught my attention more than the police brutality, which is the infinitely more important social issue.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-01 22:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Who said anything about Biden ? I’m confused

You implied that people will vote for Trump instead of Biden because "the far left is advocating for the looting to continue and not to be stopped"

Joe Biden does not represent the far left and I would bet fifty bucks that in the next few days he comes out condemning the riots and looting
By Draylo 2020-06-01 22:52:30
Link | Citer | R

Good I would like to see him do that, I will say that most will be watching this very carefully as we get into the election. I meant that business owners will see Democrats advocating for this and not differentiate between left or far left and it will help trumps cause. I don’t see anyone effected by this thinking this is okay.
By volkom 2020-06-01 22:55:03
Link | Citer | R

I would bet fifty bucks that in the next few days he comes out condemning the riots and looting

bet he would have to since Trump declare Antifa a terrorist organization and his campaign staff are donating $ to bailout protesters to whom some might be Antifa members ~ so that might make him look like he's supporting terrorism. Be interesting to see how the media, celebrities and Biden react in the coming days.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-01 22:56:54
Link | Citer | R

Good I would like to see him do that, I will say that most will be watching this very carefully as we get into the election. I meant that business owners will see Democrats advocating for this and not differentiate between left or far left and it will help trumps cause. I don’t see anyone effected by this thinking this is okay.

He already did that yesterday: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/biden-riots-emotional-plea-george-floyd-protests-a9541481.html

It's literally just a few crazies on the far left actively happy about the riots. Most the rest of us on the far left understand why they're happening, but don't actually encourage them. If you think most of the left actually support the looting, you need to find better information sources.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-01 22:58:38
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
violence breeds more violence ~ if we want to have a society that sees everyone as equals, where race isn't an issue there has to be a better solution.

What is this better solution? People have been trying for hundreds of years now and sometimes violence is the most effective path, even though it sucks. Most people don't WANT to burn buildings down, they do it because they see it as a necessity. The Gay Rights Movement was only taken seriously because of the Stonewall riots.

The rioting and looting is going to create more racists.

I don't think this is true in a significant sense. Racism isn't rooted in logic: it's an emotional, "reptile-brain" cognitive bias. Racists will ALWAYS be able to find ways to justify their racism. Again-- racists used "the American flag" as an excuse to discredit Colin Kaepernick. Racists used "all lives matter!" to discredit "black lives matter." Racists used attacks on character to justify Trayvon Martin being killed. And now, as well as in the 60s, racists use "looting and rioting" to justify their antipathy towards black people.

Note: I'm not saying that if you disagree with looting and rioting, you are racist. Just the converse: people who are racist will use the looting and rioting as an excuse to justify their already existing shitty opinions.

Sure there's instigators on both sides for causing the riots and looting and I'm glad that some people are stopping some of them. From my perspective the looting of businesses is doing more harm than good.

History would disagree with you-- Stonewall riots, Civil Rights Movement are tangible examples of how violence was required to gain momentum with a social cause.

Yes some places have insurance (like Target) but independent store owners, small businesses, people who invested their life's savings trying to start something shouldn't be a target. Private citizens shouldn't be a target either e.g Cassandra Fairbanks

Yeah, like I said, it sucks. It also sucks that the British East India Company lost all that tea in the Boston Tea Party-- it sucks that THIS IS SOMETIMES WHAT IT TAKES TO GET NOTICED. Ask yourself, "why is it that these people feel the need to burn ***down?" and you will start to get closer to the ethical truth of the matter.
 Valefor.Commodus
Serveur: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-01 23:00:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Valefor.Commodus said: »
Clearly opposing rioting and looting of people who have NOTHING to do with that mans death, means you're a racist. I wonder what you'll say when it effects you? He uses "boomers" to describe everyone here, maybe he still lives with mom and never had his own business to care about.

Clearly despite being in both this thread and BG you haven't noticed there are COUNTLESS examples of protesters STOPPING LOOTERS, as well as countless videos showing looting being literally anyone. Meanwhile this thread devolved into talking about blacks commit all the crimes because of their genetics.

Looters are opportunists operating in the 'shadow' of the protests. They are politically neutral, they give no *** about the politics, they're just out to get their own. Think about how the GOP passes tax cut or bailout bills, they care about their own, *** the rest. The only way you're stopping looters is by stopping the protesters, the only way you're stopping these protesters is by dealing with why they're protesting.

Instead, you're going around these thread crying about looters, which doesn't solve a *** thing.

Talk about off-topic... but tell me honestly, did you benefit from the most recent tax cuts? Did you receive $1,200 Trump bux of individual bailout money? yeah...

No, didn't get anything from the tax cuts. And if you think that $1200 is "from Trump" you're a buffoon. Just because he signed his name on the check (or a letter if you got direct deposit, he actually sent a *** letter so he could have his name signed taking responsibility for it, *** ROFL) doesn't mean the check was his idea or any such thing. The check has happened before, and is supported drastically more from the left than the right, so to try to claim it as a Trump thing is just lol.

Ah so Republican senate and Republican president gave you free money but *** them, that's just the GOP looking out for their own. What an ingrate. Also unless you don't work, you benefited from the tax cuts.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-01 23:01:15
Link | Citer | R

The establishment Dems are not afraid to disparage anybody deemed as "far left." Just look at what they did to Bernie Sanders. Joe Biden will just go on his stupid *** spiel about "unity between left and right" and say the far left is just as bad as the far right. The far right who, you know, actually kill POC.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-01 23:02:33
Link | Citer | R

You must be a blast at parties.

Yeah. I am pretty fun to party with. However, the parties I hang out at don't let people that post "I'm not racist. I'd fu** a *****" on video game forum threads though where the ***** is an undeniable racist slur.

That post I mentioned is pending moderation, but it happened. How dare I report racism in the thread that is going to get nuked! I must be so lame because I let racism go un-checked.

[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-01 23:05:13
Link | Citer | R

Clearly opposing rioting and looting of people who have NOTHING to do with that mans death, means you're a racist. I wonder what you'll say when it effects you? He uses "boomers" to describe everyone here, maybe he still lives with mom and never had his own business to care about.

Clearly despite being in both this thread and BG you haven't noticed there are COUNTLESS examples of protesters STOPPING LOOTERS, as well as countless videos showing looting being literally anyone. Meanwhile this thread devolved into talking about blacks commit all the crimes because of their genetics.

Looters are opportunists operating in the 'shadow' of the protests. They are politically neutral, they give no *** about the politics, they're just out to get their own. Think about how the GOP passes tax cut or bailout bills, they care about their own, *** the rest. The only way you're stopping looters is by stopping the protesters, the only way you're stopping these protesters is by dealing with why they're protesting.

Instead, you're going around these thread crying about looters, which doesn't solve a *** thing.

Talk about off-topic... but tell me honestly, did you benefit from the most recent tax cuts? Did you receive $1,200 Trump bux of individual bailout money? yeah...

No, didn't get anything from the tax cuts. And if you think that $1200 is "from Trump" you're a buffoon. Just because he signed his name on the check (or a letter if you got direct deposit, he actually sent a *** letter so he could have his name signed taking responsibility for it, *** ROFL) doesn't mean the check was his idea or any such thing. The check has happened before, and is supported drastically more from the left than the right, so to try to claim it as a Trump thing is just lol.

Ah so Republican senate and Republican president gave you free money but *** them, that's just the GOP looking out for their own. What an ingrate. Also unless you don't work, you benefited from the tax cuts.

Rofl, so I'm supposed to be thankful they gave out $3-5 trillion, and $450B went to the American people? Meanwhile the Dems have been calling for more money to the American people and the GOP have very clearly said *** right off.

I guess I should be thankful the cop didn't rough me up when he pulled me over, too? What an ingrate I am, rofl.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-01 23:06:18
Link | Citer | R

He already did that yesterday: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/biden-riots-emotional-plea-george-floyd-protests-a9541481.html

It's literally just a few crazies on the far left actively happy about the riots. Most the rest of us on the far left understand why they're happening, but don't actually encourage them. If you think most of the left actually support the looting, you need to find better information sources.

Yes and this guy came into the thread brazenly calling people names and advocating for looting and rioting. He said if you aren’t for that then you’re against the cause. Cmon now, don’t you see his posts lol.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-01 23:08:15
Link | Citer | R

Yes and this guy came into the thread brazenly calling people names and advocating for looting and rioting. He said if you aren’t for that then you’re against the cause. Cmon now, don’t you see his posts lol.

The only person I've called names (besides "boomer" which didn't apply to anyone in particular) was Commodus because I'm like 99% sure he actually hates black people.

Draylo I'm going to have to challenge your reading comprehension here. It looks like you're reading the first sentence of my posts and ignoring the rest. Read what I told Puciato and Volkom.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-01 23:09:26
Link | Citer | R

You’re not the first person who’s said this recently and you should be reminded that Trump couldn’t stop it from happening when he was President. He won’t be able to stop it if he’s reelected and civil unrest happens again. Wake up off that nonsense.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-01 23:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »

You must be a blast at parties.

Yeah. I am pretty fun to party with. However, the parties I hang out at don't let people that post "I'm not racist. I'd fu** a *****" on video game forum threads though where the ***** is an undeniable racist slur.

That post I mentioned is pending moderation, but it happened. How dare I report racism in the thread that is going to get nuked! I must be so lame because I let racism go un-checked.

I just showed a video of a small business owner who is black and his shop went up in smoke. You also don’t consider how those big corporations gave people jobs after a pandemic and being unemployed which will hurt the economy after they lay people off to cover loses. My god some people in the left like y’all make me ashamed sometimes at how oblivious you are.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-01 23:10:13
Link | Citer | R

Commodus because I'm like 99% sure he actually hates black people.

Yeah, that's pretty clear, lol.
[+]
By boleslaus21 2020-06-01 23:10:40
Link | Citer | R

so let me get this straight. Its alright to burn down other peoples stuff beat people up and kill em, because its to stop police brutality?
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-01 23:10:41
Link | Citer | R

Actually you know what, I don't care if anybody thinks I'm crazy of "an extremist". All I care about is that hopefully you understand the position the rioters are in and are at least generally sympathetic towards them, even if some of them are looting and vandalizing.

The only villains in this story are the State and the Police. The rioters are only doing what they think they have to in order to be heard.
By Draylo 2020-06-01 23:11:58
Link | Citer | R

Also let me repeat this, you can care about more than one thing at a time. We care about the cause and want reforms, we don’t want the looting and rioting to take away from the protesters message
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-01 23:12:17
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Zerowone said: »

You’re not the first person who’s said this recently and you should be reminded that Trump couldn’t stop it from happening when he was President. He won’t be able to stop it if he’s reelected and civil unrest happens again. Wake up off that nonsense.

Trump gassed a bunch of protesters today so he could go take a photo op at a church. People here are more obsessed talking about looters than cops murdering people, and I'm on Twitter engaging with someone more concerned with Antifa than Nazi's. America is done.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-01 23:14:01
Link | Citer | R

boleslaus21 said: »
beat people up and kill em, because its to stop police brutality?

The protesters aren't the ones doing this. To rephrase your question:

boleslaus21 said: »
so let me get this straight. Its alright to burn down other peoples stuff because its to stop police brutality?

If your life was at risk and you had to burn stuff down to prevent your friends and family from being killed by cops, then yes, absolutely it's alright
By Draylo 2020-06-01 23:14:15
Link | Citer | R

When people are desperate and the chips are down after their business got destroyed by looters, I’m almost positive they won’t vote Democrat. Especially when you have dummies on the left advocating violence and more destruction. They literally attack people who say looting is wrong like this guy here
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 117 118 119