First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-04-30 14:50:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean yeah, it's great for everyone, except the people getting screwed. Screw those guys, right?

Remove crafting and make everything crafted free, everyone wins!
I mean is it any different than crafters screwing people over for how long now in this game? So crafters should say screw none crafters but can't be told the same thing? ***im with the craft free ***just put it behind harder content. (This last one is a joke clearly we need crafters)
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-30 14:56:41
Link | Citer | R

For what it's worth the crafting system as it is should've never been a thing. Does HQ by luck (of a craft/creation) exist in any other game? Not like "more item" but "better singular item".

(I know there is forging in star ocean, you can make fake checks that have NQ HQ)

Imagine if 5% of all Ford Focus rolled off the line and turned into Ferrari.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-04-30 15:07:03
Link | Citer | R

For what it's worth the crafting system as it is should've never been a thing. Does HQ by luck (of a craft/creation) exist in any other game? Not like "more item" but "better singular item".

(I know there is forging in star ocean, you can make fake checks that have NQ HQ)

IIRC WoW Used to have HQs for jewelcrafting.

Wasn't based on luck though. Was 100% determined by moon phase.
/s
 Valefor.Commodus
Serveur: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-04-30 15:09:36
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Valefor.Commodus said: »
auto-ban for using anything other than the vanilla game going forward

Yes banning 90% of the players is the way to go. Great Idea.

It’s the solution to the problem, but I also said they won’t do it. The source of the problem is the infrastructure, which they won’t and probably can’t change at this point. Auto monitoring and banning for 3rd party tool use is the only solution they could realistically implement. Regardless of how many people use them, they are the key to all the remaining exploits. Again they won’t do it.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-04-30 15:54:53
Link | Citer | R

It’s the solution to the problem, but I also said they won’t do it. The source of the problem is the infrastructure, which they won’t and probably can’t change at this point. Auto monitoring and banning for 3rd party tool use is the only solution they could realistically implement. Regardless of how many people use them, they are the key to all the remaining exploits. Again they won’t do it.

I think you're forgetting the SE #1 goal is profit. They only do, what they do, to increase subscriptions.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-30 16:08:10
Link | Citer | R

Which is why they aren't going to do anything other than ban the hackers.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-04-30 16:09:55
Link | Citer | R

spengler said: »
can't guarantee a rostam, not that it matters
No, but instead of a 2% chance (breaks and lost materials and HQ1 vs HQ2), you have a 20% chance (breaks and lost materials are now factored out, its HQ1 vs HQ2) or whatever.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-04-30 16:24:38
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure they will show that they mean business this time by banning someone for clipping through a tree.

That'll show the dupers/exploiters that kept their stuff.
By spengler 2020-04-30 17:24:08
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
spengler said: »
can't guarantee a rostam, not that it matters
No, but instead of a 2% chance (breaks and lost materials and HQ1 vs HQ2), you have a 20% chance (breaks and lost materials are now factored out, its HQ1 vs HQ2) or whatever.

not disagreeing, rostam is just one of the worst for profit %s with this exploit
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-30 17:36:30
Link | Citer | R

I only used rostam as an example because it's stupidly broken, over used, bandwagoned, over bought and incredibly easy to sell. Not because it's the most profitable or best option or whatever else.

People aren't buying 3 Gandrings, or 3 Musa or 3 Father Times etc. If someone were trying to move "10,000" Rostam would be easiest/fastest
 Asura.Erupt
user: erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-04-30 19:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Ultima online has a pretty extensive crafting system and there's some really funky luck into min maxing stats, luck based for the most part. And also what I would call shield like crafting power is a consumable tool.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-01 03:19:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Genosync said: »
Those of you that think crafters are EVER screwing you on price don’t have the means to craft to begin with and thus probably don’t understand the full costs and average returns. Costs on everything are extremely reasonable compared to their material costs and average HQ rate when you factor in the investment of a shield.

Yeah sure. I agree most people dont even think 100m+ cant even pay the mats costs of a rostam, but now pretending crafters are corrects and fair on average, thats just silly.

Both sides (crafters and buyers) are subjects to supply and demand. But high lv crafter has an advantageous position because supply on certain hard to make crafts tend to be more susceptible to market control as just a few people produce most of those items.

So, bitching about the exploit is correct, because its unfair, but also, there are those that are bitching just because they cant control market like the cheaters do. Because they need an overprice to “cover” shields investment even if they just botted 90% of the spheres, reducing a lot the total costs (most *** explanation those guys pull just to justify unreasonable profit).

Plus who never got a tell from some angry crafter complaining you sold an item very cheap?

Gimme a break.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-01 03:28:38
Link | Citer | R

Lol

If you want to have a better picture how said “crafters” understand market, just check that one guy selling synths attempts for 1~5m.

Thats a better picture of those guys than some justice hero trying to correct the market
By Pantafernando 2020-05-01 03:36:43
Link | Citer | R

Another funny aspect of this is that all this didnt appear to correct evildoings.

Its just an experienced cheater-RMT with vast knowledge on packets, noticing being financially hurt by this exploit, decided to blow another RMT cheater business.

Thats our reality. Pick your prefered villian and hope he protects you.

(Despite prices increasing in many items i still need, i totally agree with this fixed, just to keep this aspect of the game viable to the players. Money can always come from spark anyway)
[+]
By geigei 2020-05-01 03:58:57
Link | Citer | R

I just want to say, as a person with multiple jobs/characters, thank you for all your hard cheating and making stuff affordable.
[+]
 Asura.Okhryeny
By Asura.Okhryeny 2020-05-01 04:32:37
Link | Citer | R

lmao the thread on the OF got nuked SE dont give a fk
By RadialArcana 2020-05-01 05:05:53
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

I think you're forgetting the SE #1 goal is profit. They only do, what they do, to increase subscriptions.

If this were true FFXI would of been shut down years ago, so we all go play FFXIV and buy level skip potions and dumb looking mounts.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-01 06:00:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Okhryeny said: »
lmao the thread on the OF got nuked SE dont give a fk

Thats not true.

SE always do that. Then short time after they pull some general maintenance to fix it, then restart wednesday bams
By Shichishito 2020-05-01 06:25:55
Link | Citer | R

the hilarious part is in those 15-20 years of FFXI running its always the same small circle of ppl who come up with new exploits. yet they always eventually get greedy and abuse it so hard that everyone can tell something is off by eyeballing the AH.
one can only conclude they are either not able to learn or there is simply such a surplus of exploits still in the pipeline that they don't feel the need to play it safe.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-01 06:40:46
Link | Citer | R

Most likely the demand on gil is dropping, resulting in more aggressive competition between RMTs.

They dont seems to abusing the crafts given how they manage to keep supply and demand on even terms (its not like they are dropping 100 rostams in AH at same time).
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-01 06:47:33
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »

If this were true FFXI would of been shut down years ago, so we all go play FFXIV and buy level skip potions and dumb looking mounts.

That makes no sense.

1) FFXI sub costs more than FFXIV

2) FFXI already exists. Its cost to produce is paid, and just costs general maintenance. Almost all income from this game is profit.

3) The people playing FFXI either already also pay for FFXIV, or wouldnt transition to playing it.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-01 07:18:47
Link | Citer | R

A FFXI customer pays $12 a month and faces no punishment for unsubbing.

A FFXIV customer pays $12* a month, buys vast amounts of rubbish on the cash shop (every live letter is showing off cash shop pap), buys expansions every year and is punished if they unsub while they go on holiday by having their mog house deleted.

If half the FFXI players move to ffxiv they will make more money, they keep FFXI running because they don't want to outrage the fanbase.

Yoshichans endgame is still to try get us to move to his other game so he can empty our bank accounts with the korean f2p style cash shop game with a sub.

Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-05-01 07:26:41
Link | Citer | R

Are you serious? Why would they shutdown something makes makes significantly more money than it costs?

They recently told us there is basically a 6pack of interns coding ffxi with glue and popsicle sticks.

In terms of hardware, which this game is not that intense, im sure takes up a maybe 80U worth of space in afew places around the world lol.

Shut it down for what? We've be paying them for years to keep her going...
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2020-05-01 08:31:51
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

That makes no sense.

1) FFXI sub costs more than FFXIV

2) FFXI already exists. Its cost to produce is paid, and just costs general maintenance. Almost all income from this game is profit.

3) The people playing FFXI either already also pay for FFXIV, or wouldnt transition to playing it.

Dont you know you can only play one and only have a valid opinion about one on these heavily baised forums about which one you can like?

People rant and rave about level skips and story skips yet would gladly pay up heavily for their additional $13/mo+ mule so they don't have to do it themselves.

Maybe not for RoZ because it's such a short experience however for; CoP, ToAU, WoTG and even SoA which some are heavily gated by "come back next vana'diel day" when the clock just rolled over to 01:32. There is a good 45 miunutes of your life gone if that is the only thing you can really focus on.

I myself used to look at level skips and story skips in 14's cash shop and thought "why would I myself ever purchase these" this was back when I was in college and my biggest responsibility was spending 2 hours after my 1 hour class to get my homework done. Now I'm putting in 10-12 hours a day, sometimes 6 days a week into a career while owning and managing a business I started as well that is flourishing and still going to school for my masters.

Now when I look at that I understand why it's there, it's for people like myself where we don't have the time and capacity to no life grind like we used to. However I'm also pushing high into the 6 figure salary which is vastly different from the slightly-above minimum wage hourly that I was back in those times, where I'd be lucky to even get scheduled 40 hours in a week. So the $25 that I'm dropping to purchase that, I make that in roughly 18 minutes of being at my job, I'd say that trade off of 18 minutes to save myself 30-40 hours+ is worth it.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-01 08:35:54
Link | Citer | R

Imagine all of that and having no free time, but you still manage to harass people in their screenshots lol!
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2020-05-01 09:14:46
Link | Citer | R

All from the comfort of my job.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22