Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 129 130 131
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-07 12:44:55
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
friend from the north east is sick ~ but his doctor won't test him but they think he has the virus :| i don't understand the thought process behind that
Wait, volkom, you are in Austin too, right?

After this is all done, let's you, me, and Vic go out and get some good food from SA. I'll pay but you got to come here for it!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-07 12:50:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The kid who made that site is just a collection of all other sites up to date data. It's as accurate as it can be.

And clearly it's not under control in the slightest. This is still the theoretical apex week.

Idiots were holding mass yesterday. Short of literally shooting stupid people... it can't be contained.

:there's a video i want to find. "i'm not worried about corona i'm covered in jesus's blood":

Darwinism, not to sound callous, but things like this will cull the herd. It's sad, because this is a very preventable scenario if not for the human factor. You can lead a horse to water etc. I am sure past plagues have been the same.

If you think about the total amount of human deaths due to human ignorance it's pretty astounding. If people were smart enough not to constantly be murdering each other. Our population would be much greater now. I would think our overall scientific level would be vastly more advanced also.
By volkom 2020-04-07 12:50:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
friend from the north east is sick ~ but his doctor won't test him but they think he has the virus :| i don't understand the thought process behind that

After this is all done, let's you, me, and Vic go out and get some good food from SA. I'll pay but you got to come here for it!

yeah i'm in Austin ~ and sure! but can't talk about politics :P
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-07 12:51:23
Link | Citer | R

That Video
https://twitter.com/i/status/1246508537016131585 I'm covered in Jesus's Blood

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-07 13:01:32
Link | Citer | R

yeah i'm in Austin ~ and sure! but can't talk about politics :P
Only politics we can talk about is Texas politics and how you guys need to get out of that hellhole that is Austin. Especially since the food is better in San Antonio.

I'll treat you and Vic to a place in downtown SA that I love.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-07 13:02:49
Link | Citer | R

Caerda said: »
Sometimes you have to thin out the stupidity and let Darwinism do its thing.
I agree, but only if you apply this concept to everyone and not just religious people.

Spring Breakers are the herd I want to cull out the most.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-07 13:07:24
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
Can we stop gloating when people get it "cause they deserve it", hoping far more people get it to win a political arguments and laughing at religious people who are afraid and turn to their faith?

I guess I am not saying anyone 'deserves' it, even if they are dumb enough to keep exposing themselves to it for what ever reason they come up with. But I am a realist, realistically the people who choose to down play it, and risk social exposure, will most likely contract it, spread it further (even to those who are doing what they can to prevent it), and possibly die from it. It's the human equation that is inevitable. And it's sad.

That unique multifacet that is the human individual psyche is our greatest evolutionary asset, but it also is our greatest down fall when considering billions that each can't make up their minds as a whole.

And you will never save everybody from their own malformed decisions, no one can, not Jesus, not the government, not a hippie enclave.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-07 13:09:53
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
I'm sure I can take him. I'll even have my shirt cut and then later on have it miraculously repaired within seconds!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-07 13:13:03
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Can we stop gloating when people get it "cause they deserve it", hoping far more people get it to win a political arguments and laughing at religious people who are afraid and turn to their faith?

I guess I am not saying anyone 'deserves' it, even if they are dumb enough to keep exposing themselves to it for what ever reason they come up with. But I am a realist, realistically the people who choose to down play it, and risk social exposure, will most likely contract it, spread it further (even to those who are doing what they can to prevent it), and possibly die from it. It's the human equation that is inevitable. And it's sad.

That unique multifacet that is the human individual psyche is our greatest evolutionary asset, but it also is our greatest down fall when considering billions that each can't make up their minds as a whole.

And you will never save everybody from their own malformed decisions, no one can, not Jesus, not the government, not a hippie enclave.
Thing is, you assume two things:
1) These people are living in a bubble and do not realize that we are in a pandemic.
2) That they do realize that they are living in a pandemic but will not do anything to protect themselves from exposure.

Believe it or not, these people going to churches, synagogues, and, dare I say it, mosques, are taking precautions to help prevent the spread while at the same time practicing their religious beliefs like they normally would.

Let them practice their religion. It will not hurt you one bit.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-07 13:13:14
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
I'm sure I can take him. I'll even have my shirt cut and then later on have it miraculously repaired within seconds!

Incoming bro-tri-mance, watch out!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-07 13:14:12
Link | Citer | R

Only bromance here is between Rooks volk and me.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-07 13:16:28
Link | Citer | R

Thing is, you assume two things:
1) These people are living in a bubble and do not realize that we are in a pandemic.
2) That they do realize that they are living in a pandemic but will not do anything to protect themselves from exposure.

Believe it or not, these people going to churches, synagogues, and, dare I say it, mosques, are taking precautions to help prevent the spread while at the same time practicing their religious beliefs like they normally would.

Let them practice their religion. It will not hurt you one bit.

Never said they couldn't?

I said nothing about religion at all, aside from Jesus being equally unable to save you from your stupid decisions as the government.

I am pretty sure I said it is inevitable that people will make bad decisions no matter what, and that further conflates this crisis.

But, yea, go to church if you want? IDC.

Edit: seems like your comment, was attempting to bait something out? Read the entirety of what I wrote instead of trying to mislead what I wrote into whatever you're trying to argue over.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-07 13:18:58
Link | Citer | R

You should care. It's not responsible people that are still going to church right now.

Irresponsible people infect responsible people. These idiots think "God" will keep them safe. They don't NEED to be safe themselves. That's the problem.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-07 13:22:00
Link | Citer | R

You should care. It's not responsible people that are still going to church right now.

Irresponsible people infect responsible people. These idiots think "God" will keep them safe. They don't NEED to be safe themselves. That's the problem.

Welp, yea, pretty obvious that it is inevitably going to spill over, stated that. Read. IDC, because I recognize that it will happen, and no entity is going to prevent it. The only thing you can do as an individual is not attend, it's personal choice.

Feel like I am in the matrix....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-07 13:27:08
Link | Citer | R

Edit: seems like your comment, was attempting to bait something out? Read the entirety of what I wrote instead of trying to mislead what I wrote into whatever you're trying to argue over.
Naw, it looked like to me that you were saying basically the same thing as Eiryl. Sorry about that, I wasn't trying to start something with you, I was just pointing out that people aren't as irresponsible as Eiryl was implying. Wasn't directly wholly at you.

See, this is the problem with society. Because there are people who live differently than you do (aka have religious thoughts and actions), they are to be demeaned and ridiculed because they are different than you.

It's the "I am Holier-Than-Thou" mindset that is ruining society today.

Guess what? You are more likely to contract COVID-19 from a coworker or a random stranger who walks past you than you are from somebody who goes to church and passes it on that way. Yes, a sick person may infect a whole congregation, but I'm 100% positive that churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, and all of the other religious centers in the world is doing their best to stop/prevent the spread. And I'm sure that the churches, etc. of the US is doing better than other countries in preventing the spread to their congregation.

Don't harp against religious people because they believe in God and you don't. Nor wish them harm/death because you don't share their viewpoint.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-07 13:27:41
Link | Citer | R

If this was an instant death type thing were you get it YOU die and you can't pass it on it'd be fine.

Being irresponsible doesn't only punish you, it punishes every person you will see for the next 10+ days. It's a terrorist threat.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-07 13:30:50
Link | Citer | R

I know that specifically the LDS church has closed all of its mass meetings because of the virus. So lumping religious people wholely into the 'god is all I need' bunch, is ignorant as ***. Religious populations have an equal spread of irrational through rational people just like all people.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-07 13:32:29
Link | Citer | R

Religious people aren't stupid by default

Some stupid people just so happen to be Religious.

Stupid people are going to religious gatherings. That doesn't say all people going to religious gatherings are stupid.

Know the difference.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-07 13:35:41
Link | Citer | R

Stupid people are going to religious gatherings. That doesn't say all people going to religious gatherings are stupid.

Know the difference.
Guess what? Some stupid people are atheists too.

Should I lump all atheists as stupid? Because you are doing that to religious people.

Besides, I'm (technically) an atheist. But, unlike you, I know the benefits of religion to society and are tolerant towards religious people. I wish you would do the same.

Respect others, and you might be respected yourself.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-07 13:36:43
Link | Citer | R

Nice try though. Try reading before quoting.

If they're going to atheist gatherings right now, yes there's a high chance they're stupid.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-07 13:38:30
Link | Citer | R

Know the difference.

Seems like you're the one needing to know the difference.

Stupid people exist, in all facets.

Even the statement I quoted just now is glaringly obvious that you think religion is stupid ergo religious people must be dumber than average.

All people are *** stupid. As a whole, people are *** dumb. And yes there are smart individuals, but inevitably even they make stupid decisions in groups.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-07 13:40:16
Link | Citer | R

All people are *** stupid.

And yes there are smart individuals, but inevitably even they make stupid decisions in groups.
Case in point: Congress.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-07 13:45:32
Link | Citer | R

You have to much faith in humans.

I would literally padlock all Americans in their god damn house if it were feasible. Drop 5 lbs of beans and rice at your door and leave you there for 15 days.

Not only shouldn't you be allowed to go to church you shouldn't be able to go shopping either. or any activity.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-07 13:45:40
Link | Citer | R

Also, anyone else going to point out that the 14 states that are exempting religious organizations from the "stay at home" order are the least affected (or infected, if you want the pun) states in the US? Well, with the exception of Texas, but then again, Texas has the lowest per-capita cases in the US.

Guess I will.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-07 13:47:07
Link | Citer | R

You have to much faith in humans.
You have too little faith in humans.

I know that we as a species are evil, horrific shits, but at least we can do some good every now and then, especially during times of crisis.

I have seen it first hand when Hurricane Harvey hit in 2017.

I would literally padlock all Americans in their god damn house if it were feasible. Drop 5 lbs of beans and rice at your door and leave you there for 15 days.

Not only shouldn't you be allowed to go to church you shouldn't be able to go shopping either. or any activity.
You would be right at home in China.

Seriously, you want to strip away all the freedoms that you enjoy in America just to make you feel better about yourself. So, before you lecture us about how we should live, why not live in the lifestyle you are demanding on everyone else first.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 129 130 131