The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 238 239 240
 Siren.Codegen
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-10 21:21:43
Link | Citer | R

because I already have malignance for m.eva and DT, so this would not be a replacement for "mijin incoming in dynaD", or "flare2//fire6 getting cast on me, better swap". But there are fights where PDT is fine, almost all moves are physical and no enfeebles (e.g., glassy craver), and this has similar triple-attack and critical hit rate+, so if it had the acc too it could have been a great tp set replacement for those fights where you could risk one-shot physical moves but you still want to make solo-skillchains etc.
But for monk accuracy is a lot more important than for any other job, for obvious reasons, so depending on buffs the acc is a big downside.
By Taint 2021-02-10 21:41:40
Link | Citer | R

Fetters plus trust tank is a problem. Kalunga was going smooth until he started spamming fetters and ***hit the fan before I could disengage, move and reengage.

They hit for AoE 600 a tic.
By Kilogram 2021-02-10 21:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Botosi said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Kilogram said: »
Whats the best way to farm segments? How many should I be expecting to get? I just did a run and got around 1200. could have got more but we went for the final crystal. Is it even worth it to bother with that?

A perfect run with a good party can net you about 6k segments per run with about 1M gil when you reach the endpoint.

I don't know if both can be done. I have a group that can hit 5500+ occasionally, but it involves a lot and many people being on the same page. It's a lot of luck with monster/halo/NM positioning, and running to the end takes a good 2 minutes from Floor 2, idk how possible it is to be able to hit 6k segments + claim the gil reward at the end. You could maybe do one or the other, or maybe you hit 6k if you prioritize clearing floor 4 during the run. I would have to map that out.

What exactly are you farming? I quadboxed on DP cor, had a brd friend, and used ArkEV TO Tank stuff. We killed a full fetter, first floor of mobs, and popped an NM with izzat, and a chest with izzat. Ended up only netting 2.8k segments and only got 90 lustreless wings.

Is cor especially effective against fetter since you can kill out of range without aggroing? Were you relying on your other boxed charactes for damage?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-10 21:47:33
Link | Citer | R

Is cor especially effective against fetter since you can kill out of range without aggroing?

You can't do this in Odyssey. Halos have a damage mechanic where they take 0 from all sources if damage is dealt outside of a certain distance. You have to be like under 10' to deal any damage (But Halos can still hit you as far as like 25' away).
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-10 21:53:56
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Fetters plus trust tank is a problem. Kalunga was going smooth until he started spamming fetters and ***hit the fan before I could disengage, move and reengage.

They hit for AoE 600 a tic.
Trying to move out of range is not a good strategy I think. Even with fetters I did fine with a trust tank, you want to avoid fetters popping if possible (silence maybe? triggers?) and when they do you want to try to trigger the NM asap to make them disappear (magic damage of opposite type on NM? skillchain of opposite type on NM?)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-10 21:56:59
Link | Citer | R

AAEV was able to tank several Fetters + Boss just fine, but since trusts all gather on monster, they all get hit. You are better off using maybe 1-2 trusts (healer + tank) and the rest players, otherwise it makes their healing AI enter a never-ending loop of confusion trying to get everyone healed and you end up being last.

If you want some laughs, summon Nashmeira II. She will constantly keep trying to cast Curaga IV, but because she has no fast cast and bosses have knockback, she can almost never get the spell off in time. She just keeps trying, failing, trying, failing, until every dies. Lol
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-10 22:11:34
Link | Citer | R

Btw some trusts that have aoe tp heal and at least 1 healer trust are very useful to counter the terrible lag. Even if you hae a real whm with cureskin they can only see low hp on their screen many second later, so it's better to keep casting something like cure3 cureskins on rotation just in case, and the healer trust can concentrate on curing the people that actually are in red hp but that the whm still sees as full hp because of lag.

Also, not sure if anybody mentioned it, these armors and weapons can't be stored on porter storage, at least for now, so maybe don't start buying all of them right away or you might run out of space :P
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-02-11 00:27:40
Link | Citer | R

RDM enspell makes fetters mostly a nonissue except for shark for some reason.

I wanted to confirm how RP works. To upgrade atonement 3 gear to max you need to clear all of atonement 1 +15 then atonement 2 to +15 then whatever nm in atonement 3 to +15?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Serveur: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-02-11 01:18:04
Link | Citer | R

Anyone on Asura have a piece of the new gear with an Augment actually on it yet that wouldn't mind me coming and examining them so I can dump all the augments and Ranks?

If not on Asura be willing to be told how to use the packetviewer addon and take a screen shot for me?
 Bismarck.Indigla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-02-11 08:10:42
Link | Citer | R

Had the camera detach from my character last night after the warp from lobby to fighting area during an NM run. Only way I found to fix it was to log out then back in quickly as if changing characters.
By Kilogram 2021-02-11 08:12:50
Link | Citer | R

Is cor especially effective against fetter since you can kill out of range without aggroing?

You can't do this in Odyssey. Halos have a damage mechanic where they take 0 from all sources if damage is dealt outside of a certain distance. You have to be like under 10' to deal any damage (But Halos can still hit you as far as like 25' away).

cool thanks for the advice you have been posting thse last couple days
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-11 08:20:08
Link | Citer | R

Great info over the last 24 hours everyone... appreciate it. So I'm getting ready to take on two of these today and want to make sure I'm going in with the right weakness in mind for the mob I'm fighting. Will be recording of course. However, I'm finding it difficult to determine what weakness/fetters I'll be going up against as in this thread we mainly speak of mob family. Can anyone help me out with this? May help others as well. I'd like to take on Xevioso (Katana Unlock) and Arebati (Mpaca EQ Unlock). What mob types are these I'll be going against? ie Tojil, Hurkan, Tree, Lion, Shark? Thanks in advance.
By SimonSes 2021-02-11 08:24:31
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Logical said: »
Great info over the last 24 hours everyone... appreciate it. So I'm getting ready to take on two of these today and want to make sure I'm going in with the right weakness in mind for the mob I'm fighting. Will be recording of course. However, I'm finding it difficult to determine what weakness/fetters I'll be going up against as in this thread we mainly speak of mob family. Can anyone help me out with this? May help others as well. I'd like to take on Xevioso (Katana Unlock) and Arebati (Mpaca EQ Unlock). What mob types are these I'll be going against? ie Tojil, Hurkan, Tree, Lion, Shark? Thanks in advance.

Most of things that you are looking for (if not all) is already on bgwiki

Katana is bee and Mpaca is lion.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-11 08:25:35
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Bah not used to it being updated so quickly and didn't even bother to check the main odyssey page, your are indeed correct. Thanks as always.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-11 08:27:32
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Katana is bee and Mpaca is lion.

So I've got Piercing down for the Lion, but dont see anyone mentioning weakness for the bee yet... any thoughts or did I miss that as well?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-11 11:36:19
Link | Citer | R

Bee is piercing also. Gabbrath is slashing. I am in the process of gathering the weaknesses/elements of each and possibly updating BG wiki, or having someone better with formatting do it.

Edit: Has anyone submitted the DoT that persists even after you die as a bug? Surely that is not intended that you get kicked out of the battlefield and then die in Rabao shortly after.

Edit2: Does anyone actually know the value of weapon weakness/resistances of each boss? Value-wise. I wanted to say its likely a 50% flat rate of weakness/resistance, similar to Sheol C, but I haven't looked at the damage enough to confirm that. Also, Lion/Bee=Piercing, T-Rex=shark, Tree=Magic; Does anyone know any of the other weapon resistances?
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-11 11:39:05
Link | Citer | R

Bee is piercing also. Gabbrath is slashing. I am in the process of gathering the weaknesses/elements of each and possibly updating BG wiki, or having someone better with formatting do it.

Thanks so much!!! Looks like it's a whole lot of Eviseration for me on Ninja... Vids to follow win or lose.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-11 11:43:50
Link | Citer | R

Ninja is terrible on these. Every single attack wipes shadows, it's a mess. Weakness and Hate reset moves, along with Terror will sure be a lot of fun. GL Logical!
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-11 12:23:49
Link | Citer | R

The slashing resistance on the lion felt more like 75% than 50%.
 Siren.Fndragon
user: fndragon
By Siren.Fndragon 2021-02-11 19:26:08
Link | Citer | R

Easy segment farming - you can throw an automaton or charmed pet (Yes, charm is a thing again) at an agon. You'll likely need your 1hour to finish it off, but this won't provoke any aggro if you can get the initial "Deploy" off without any aggro. Transparent mobs don't aggro pets.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-11 19:27:45
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I am used to doing 30k ws on bosses but when I tried blunt on lion i was doing just 1.5-3k, so it feels much worse than 50% penalty, maybe 80 or even 90%, so you'll do 1/10th of the damage, not making it worth trying.
For elemental weaknesses and strengths for each boss, it's the same as delve bosses they are modeled after, so the lion has all ice moves and ice fetters etc.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-11 21:53:47
Link | Citer | R

Ninja is terrible on these. Every single attack wipes shadows, it's a mess. Weakness and Hate reset moves, along with Terror will sure be a lot of fun. GL Logical!

Just did my first solo run and thought I'd post results as I found it enlightening, vid should be up tomorrow.

Took on Xevioso and think I may have figured out what causes !! and then in turn the Fetters to spawn in this run, I may have missed it if others figured it out already... more on that in a minute.

Trust - ArkEV, Joachim, Arciela, Monberaux and Kupipi. I'm on NIN.

Pulled the NM to the entry of the arena in case of a wipe, did not engage just got within 20 feet of Nm and then headed back down stairs. Once at the bottom I tried to position trust well in the stairway at the bottom. First 30% very uneventful, was doing about 4-8k with Eviseration (horrible damage I know). I did NOT get a chance to try Katana's but feared doing so as it was my suspicion that NOT using Pieircing would trigger fetters. Everyone was handling all the moves fine and then I decided to move behind the NM to take advantage of Innin, this allowed me to get knocked back out of range. I was slightly delayed in getting back to the NM and doing another Eviseration (~10 seconds since last Evis) and then suddenly I see Red !! and a fettter drop. I immediately disengadgge and reposition ArkEV and trust, we were fine but now the NM clearly had some kind of huge evasion boost, Accuracy was pegged at 95+% for the first 30% and suddenly i'm in the 50's, and that's with food. I manage to take him from 70% to 40% in this Low accuracy situation and but due to the lack of acc another 10 seconds go by without one and then... Red !!... another fetter. At this point I figure I have to switch to my accuracy gearset to keep this battle going and when I do, it switched me out of my Malignance set and while I realize my error I see the Fetter that had just spawned and it's a moment to late... death. I get up with RR but the fetter kills me right away of course.

So!!! Next time my strat will be to pinch myself between the walls bottom stairway so I'm never out of range and to keep those eviserations going!!! My theory is if you keep that damage going it will stop any proc's of !! This is obivously based off a single run so take it with a grain of salt but wanted to at least share my findings. 40% on first run is promising imo... This NM looks doable to me. Will try it again in the morning, willing to hear anyone's thoughts before I give it another attempt.
By Butcherb0y 2021-02-11 23:08:18
Link | Citer | R

Ok really new to this, I've only have cleared Sheaol A and B. Reading up MogII it cost 3k segments each, I know I need 3 to enter so thats 9k total. My question is this. Getting segments in A B and or C, how much segments can you earn per area? Can you earn 3k in all of A B or C? Also which is better for segment farming or are they all the same?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-11 23:12:49
Link | Citer | R

Has anybody unlocked the ability to augment Atonement 3 Gear? I thought maybe it follows the pattern that Atonement 2 augmenting process did, but that was even different from the first so I'm not sure if they threw yet another curve ball into the mix.
By Torzak 2021-02-11 23:15:01
Link | Citer | R

You get more segments per kill for each level higher you are in the zone you choose and for each higher level zone you choose.

Sheaol A Floor 2 > Sheaol A Floor 1 per kill
Sheaol B > A
Sheaol C > B

With a really good party, you can make the 3k and then some on Sheaol C in one run.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-11 23:28:26
Link | Citer | R

Just did my first solo run and thought I'd post results as I found it enlightening, vid should be up tomorrow.

Took on Xevioso and think I may have figured out what causes !! and then in turn the Fetters to spawn in this run, I may have missed it if others figured it out already... more on that in a minute.

Trust - ArkEV, Joachim, Arciela, Monberaux and Kupipi. I'm on NIN.

Pulled the NM to the entry of the arena in case of a wipe, did not engage just got within 20 feet of Nm and then headed back down stairs. Once at the bottom I tried to position trust well in the stairway at the bottom. First 30% very uneventful, was doing about 4-8k with Eviseration (horrible damage I know). I did NOT get a chance to try Katana's but feared doing so as it was my suspicion that NOT using Pieircing would trigger fetters. Everyone was handling all the moves fine and then I decided to move behind the NM to take advantage of Innin, this allowed me to get knocked back out of range. I was slightly delayed in getting back to the NM and doing another Eviseration (~10 seconds since last Evis) and then suddenly I see Red !! and a fettter drop. I immediately disengadgge and reposition ArkEV and trust, we were fine but now the NM clearly had some kind of huge evasion boost, Accuracy was pegged at 95+% for the first 30% and suddenly i'm in the 50's, and that's with food. I manage to take him from 70% to 40% in this Low accuracy situation and but due to the lack of acc another 10 seconds go by without one and then... Red !!... another fetter. At this point I figure I have to switch to my accuracy gearset to keep this battle going and when I do, it switched me out of my Malignance set and while I realize my error I see the Fetter that had just spawned and it's a moment to late... death. I get up with RR but the fetter kills me right away of course.

So!!! Next time my strat will be to pinch myself between the walls bottom stairway so I'm never out of range and to keep those eviserations going!!! My theory is if you keep that damage going it will stop any proc's of !! This is obivously based off a single run so take it with a grain of salt but wanted to at least share my findings. 40% on first run is promising imo... This NM looks doable to me. Will try it again in the morning, willing to hear anyone's thoughts before I give it another attempt.
I think you were too worried about procs and fetters. I killed 2 (lion and dino) and didn't move away from them.
I'd suggest you don't try to move away from fetters and instead try to make fetters disappear as soon as they appear, you are soloing on ninja so you can't silence it or enspell but you can use daggers for piercing and spam a skillchain with ninjutsu MB of the oppoite element on the NM, that should de-pop the fetters. Stay in place, stay alive, and keep damage to piercing because all the rest is going to be worse, even with the best katanas in the game.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-11 23:36:15
Link | Citer | R

Butcherb0y said: »
Getting segments in A B and or C, how much segments can you earn per area? Can you earn 3k in all of A B or C? Also which is better for segment farming or are they all the same?

It depends on what you spend your time doing and how good your party is. You should be able to hit 3k in any of the 3 zones, depending on what floor you start on. Segments per nostos increases by 2 each floor. i.e. B-1 starts at 13(?) segments/nostos up to B-6/23. C-1 starts 25 segments/nostos up to C-4/31. Not sure about Sheol A because I didn't track that data. Basically, the harder the zones, the higher the nostos given per action. You also get more segments for doing other things, like killing a Halo+Beastmen in C vs doing it in A. Or opening Chests with Izzat in C vs B. The values are all different.

Can't give you an exact answer because it varies based on what you do in the zone and there are a million ways to slice it. In general, if you can handle Sheol C, farming that is going to net your best Segments/run, but the monsters are a lot harder and there are various weapon immunities and some fairly nasty monster types that make C a lot more challenging to cover vs the other zones. The maps are smaller by comparison, so that makes running around a lot quicker vs A/B.
By Butcherb0y 2021-02-12 00:12:31
Link | Citer | R

Ok cool. I will mostly solo. So at a solo perspective. Which shoal is solo friendly or doest it matter?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-12 00:15:25
Link | Citer | R

It depends. You can solo any of the 3 zones, but Sheol C will be a lot harder than Sheol B or A. But it will reward many more segments than the lower zones. You are better off shouting for people who want to team up, as you will get much better returns in a standard party.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-12 01:36:37
Link | Citer | R

Segments per nostos increases by 2 each floor. i.e. B-1 starts at 13(?) segments/nostos up to B-6/23. C-1 starts 25 segments/nostos up to C-4/31. Not sure about Sheol A because I didn't track that data.

Sheol A grants at 5 Segements per Nostos kill on Floor 1. 17 Segments per Nostos kill on Floor 7.
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 238 239 240