The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 237 238 239
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-19 20:42:51
Link | Citer | R

Creecreelo said: »
I'm guessing they don't want people to share UC Trusts or have multiple UC Trusts out at the same time

Sounds like they don't want you abusing Sylvie+Yoran+Apururu by joining those unity's beforehand and gaining access to the better trust magic, making the fights a lot easier. That does make sense I guess from a challenge perspective. What doesn't really make sense is that you can still bypass that entire system completely by just doing one fight with your best trusts, so don't get there handicap they intended

Asura.Kusare said: »
so many *** up design decisions in gaol

I applaud them for trying to be creative. It just looks like they never fully think their designs through, so they end up really goofy and out of place.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-19 20:45:35
Link | Citer | R

Not for nothing, as I haven't done any of the fights, they don't seem too hard.

Invalidating UC healers doesn't really mean anything, one of the few circumstances where the other shittier healers would be fine.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-01-19 20:53:45
Link | Citer | R

sure they get kudos for trying new systems, but it seems like everything in gaol is done to inconvenience the players rather than challenge them.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-19 21:00:27
Link | Citer | R

It's called jail. Inconvenient? Makes sense.

(Not intended I'm sure, funny anyway)

But for real, everything they do has some inherent inconvenience built in.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-01-19 21:08:55
Link | Citer | R

I'm still holding out hope that they didn't make this mechanic totally pointless and that you can pop +20 NMs on 3rd fight after clearing 2 +15s or something. Doubt it though which is a shame. Just grind segments to spam solo +15 fights 33 times per piece...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-19 21:33:03
Link | Citer | R

We would have to see what February update brings (barring a delay). They could release R20+ augments along with new items. I would say none of the Atonement 2 NMs are particularly easy solos with just trusts; what makes it more inconvenient is you need to group up with others who also need that item from the specific NM.

Guyford said: »
Doubt it though which is a shame. Just grind segments to spam solo +15 fights 33 times per piece...

Think of it like clicking an NPC 512 times to reap rewards from Mog Gardens...

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's called jail. Inconvenient? Makes sense.

(Not intended I'm sure, funny anyway)

It could have been intended. SE ignores logic when it comes to following a specific theme or lore. They probably high-fived each other when they thought of the idea of "locking out" support jobs in a zone called Sheol (Grave or Hell): Gaol (Jail).
By SimonSes 2021-01-20 03:36:06
Link | Citer | R

Guyford said: »
I'm still holding out hope that they didn't make this mechanic totally pointless and that you can pop +20 NMs on 3rd fight after clearing 2 +15s or something. Doubt it though which is a shame. Just grind segments to spam solo +15 fights 33 times per piece...

Or you can wait too (and store segments), if you think you can handle V20, because they will more than likely introduce R25 for those augments and more than likely also give us V20 then to unlock R25 augments.
By Guyford 2021-01-20 09:36:20
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Or you can wait too (and store segments), if you think you can handle V20, because they will more than likely introduce R25 for those augments and more than likely also give us V20 then to unlock R25 augments.
Why does everyone keep saying this? Have we gotten any indication at all that this is coming? They said they would add NEW NMs in February. To me this means new gear with their own augs (probably the leftover ones from this update). Were any of those augs r25 or is that something we know?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-20 14:28:47
Link | Citer | R

I agree that R25 sounds like wishful thinking.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2021-01-20 14:47:43
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious as well. Did they state exactly that we're getting higher aug levels, or are we all assuming?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2021-01-20 15:02:07
Link | Citer | R

AFAIK datamined augments had 3 rows and what we got so far were all 2 rows. Its perfectly possible that only new items will have 3 rows augments and they will be 3 rows at R20, but seems unlikely.
Maybe Chiaia could drop more light on this?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-01-20 15:04:27
Link | Citer | R

started doing segment farming/moogle mastery runs in groups with this new update. We don't always have ideal setups, but no worries- its something casual to do with friends and at least see measurable improvements in mastery levels after all of us focused on key runs until now.

Was wondering, are there any families of mobs you particularly avoid outside of undead because they just slow your group down? Right now seeing runs of 2k-2500 segments typically, but I really feel like we can get that higher with just smarter runs vs perfect setups.

Typically we will kill all of floor 1 in Sheol C with the halo- but often skip one family if particularly annoying, pop an NM with materials, and 2-3 boxes with izzat. Then run to the top and pick off mobs from the family next to the exit until time is tight. Definitely up for suggestions of others to improve our results.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2021-01-20 15:17:11
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
started doing segment farming/moogle mastery runs in groups with this new update. We don't always have ideal setups, but no worries- its something casual to do with friends and at least see measurable improvements in mastery levels after all of us focused on key runs until now.

Was wondering, are there any families of mobs you particularly avoid outside of undead because they just slow your group down? Right now seeing runs of 2k-2500 segments typically, but I really feel like we can get that higher with just smarter runs vs perfect setups.

Typically we will kill all of floor 1 in Sheol C with the halo- but often skip one family if particularly annoying, pop an NM with materials, and 2-3 boxes with izzat. Then run to the top and pick off mobs from the family next to the exit until time is tight. Definitely up for suggestions of others to improve our results.

Kaggra in his video made 4 groups at floor 1, then 3 groups at floors 2,3 and 4 (+like 1-2 single additional mobs at 4). That gave him ~4100 segments. They ignored Halos/Agon.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-20 15:19:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Been going fairly consistently with Linkshell. For us it has been Scorpions to be honest. They aren't too bad until they do Hell Scissors and someone either eats dirt or gets close to it.

The Angon Beastmen every so often can be a challenge as well but the beastmen are weird.

Pull a pretty consistent 2,700+ and it rises a little more with each run since we know what to expect now more so than when we started Segment runs last week.
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-01-20 16:26:21
Link | Citer | R

Dahak do Nullsong which is pretty aids between dispel and can 1shot with enough buffs. Silence can block but silencing 10 mobs seems equally awful. Rams Great Bleat can also be shitty. Been doing it with run/sam/mnk/cor/brd/whm about 3.5kish points a run but still working on strats.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-20 16:37:12
Link | Citer | R

endxen said: »
Instead of killing floor 1 on Shoel C skip to floor 4.

You can't actually do this directly. You can warp to floor 2 because there is only a Translocator on Floor 1+2. You would have to run to floor 4 to start fighting. Also, Floor 2 portal is behind a group of monsters, so you would need s/i to get past them. If it's a halo, you can't proceed safely.

endxen said: »
Use the izzat to pop the random nm from a circle, they are 480+ segments a kill.

Its 480 for Beastmen + Halo, the Izzat used to pop an NM is the same Segments you get from popping with a UNM mat, floor depending. So you would spend 10 Izzat to get 250 segments, when you can spend 10 izzat to get 200 segments by opening 2 chests (with max chest discount). Also, using Izzat in Sheol C on Junctions can be bad because it pops a random NM from the list that you haven't killed. If you're unlucky, you might get Wayra Tata, who can do Physical Shield spam back to back and waste your time, or Bygul and hit you with Dreadstorm and other nasty moves. I would not recommend this.

Monsters to absolutely avoid :

Dahaks (Nullsong, Body slam will wipe people)
Ameretat (Vampiric Impale is a full single-target buff drain, this will annoy a DD with max buffs
Mimics (if lockpicking. They take a good 5 minutes to kill, drop nothing directly nor any segments, but rewards an L. Lu. Box at the end if you click the Flux)
*Lamia (these can wreck you and do some nasty moves. Paired with any of the below, proceed with caution)

Monsters more trouble than what it is worth(depends on how good your group is):

Apkallu (Yawn, AOE attack can basically wreck the squad)
Scorpions (Wild Rage, but they have low HP)
Rams (These are weak, but use Great Bleat and can mess up a run)
Soulflayers (they stand at range on mass pulls, Sleepga is annoying, but you can pull smaller groups to manage. Don't think these sleep with Lullaby)
Imps (Amnesia/Silence is annoying, but they are easy)
Slimes (resist physical damage, and fluid spread is nasty, but you can pull smaller groups)

Keep in mind each Beastmen type (and Sheol C NM) has a weapon resistance. I think Lamiae resist Slashing, Trolls resist Blint, and Mamools might be slashing? Taking a few different types of weapon users speeds up kills. You can let BRD sleep stuff while your tank holds everything, minus the trouble groups. For popped NMs, you get 250 Segments on Floor 1, 300 on Floor 2, 320 on Floor 3. They only take about a minute to kill, so they are easy Segments to do along the way.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-01-26 16:36:03
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
soralin said: »
Or just craft your own skeleton keys, considering you are a TH8 thief, the sheep teeth and bat fangs arent exactly hard to build up a stockpile.

I craft up a dozen stacks of skeleton keys and they last me quite awhile.
living keys:
Rafflesia Vine: Yorcia Weald, north of the frontier station are a few camps. I can easily get a stack in just a few minutes.
Skeleton Keys:
Bat Fangs: Garbage citadel, any low level bat or triple bat; the ones in serket's old spawn area were added later and don't drop anything.
Sheep Tooth: aby-la theine has all the sheep teeth. Also, if it's close to 08:00, try and snipe the stack from the bonecraft guild.
EDIT: Carbon Fiber: If you're in aby-grauberg for some reason, can Djinn Ash turns into 3~12 carbon fiber(alch.47) and in relation to time, can farm them even faster than bat fangs. Nice gil saver if you're bored without a purpose or happen to be farming some plates/souls.
Glass Fiber: check the mog garden's mineral vein for meteorites. each one can be turned into 3~12 glass fibers(alch.62).
While these two can be purchased from the npc, if you're like me and don't put much worth your time spent standing around town, it can cut your weekly key costs a little.

long bump here, but any where else besides aby la thiene for the sheep tooth? I tried with TH3 blue cleave and i'm at a rate of like 0/50 so far. Unless the TH8 from Thief makes a big difference
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-26 16:40:18
Link | Citer | R

So, are you farming the right sheep. Seems obvious, but Merino, aren't the right sheep.

Also, you won't really find abundance like that, higher drop rates, yes, but the pop rates will be a significant crutch any where else.
http://ffxidb.com/items/882
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-01-26 17:13:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So, are you farming the right sheep. Seems obvious, but Merino, aren't the right sheep.

Also, you won't really find abundance like that, higher drop rates, yes, but the pop rates will be a significant crutch any where else.
http://ffxidb.com/items/882

Yup, I'm dumb, I did ctrl + f and just typed sheep and went after the first one. Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-26 17:43:04
Link | Citer | R

I mean, they're sheep. They do in fact, have teeth. Easy mistake.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-01-26 19:24:42
Link | Citer | R

Sorry if it was mentioned already it's alot to shift thru for specific information but did they change it so it eats all 3 of your KI's on entry or can you still do 1 NM at a time then exit after each one in Gaol?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-01-26 20:39:24
Link | Citer | R

Awesome thank you.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Serveur: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-01-27 16:19:47
Link | Citer | R

What job setups are people using for Marmokrebs and Aristaeus on Veng +10?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-27 16:47:10
Link | Citer | R

I'm surprised anyone is risking segments on those tier 2 NM with as bad as the lag is. Bless your heart.

Anyways, not sure about the turtle but the chapuli will probably destroy anybody in range because of how strong Tegmina Buffet is. Can try a ninja tank since all of his moves can be absorbed with shadows. Shoot with a Corsair or Ranger for safety and he should be no problem.
By Ruaumoko 2021-01-30 19:35:36
Link | Citer | R

The lag is absolutely horrendous in Gaol.

It's borderline unplayable, needs patching urgently.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2021-01-30 19:57:59
Link | Citer | R

We killed all Veng+15 bosses except Craklaw. With the exception of Marmokrebs, none of them seemed extremely hard with a full party despite the terrible lag. We used PUP tank on all but Umbril with Dirge/Pacifying Ruby for hate control.
Umbril was weak to Earth / Darkness SC, Matamata weak to Blunt, Chapuli weak to Slashing, Snapweed weak to Wind, Craklaw weak to Thunder, Flutterini/Tulfaire weak to Piercing.

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
What job setups are people using for Marmokrebs and Aristaeus on Veng +10?
For Veng+10 Craklaw we used PUP, SMN, COR, GEO, BRD and Shantotto II but her nukes weren't that great even with MM45. Last Stand -> Bone Crusher -> Thunderstorm MB (50~70k per MB with Puppet/Companion Roll and Malaise). Veng+15 didn't go so well when Sundering Snip started to hit Automaton for over 4k.
Aristaeus was easy with NIN DD, we tried ranged setup before but it was too slow.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-30 20:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
The lag is absolutely horrendous in Gaol.

It's borderline unplayable, needs patching urgently.

Don't spend your segments on the weekend if you're on Asura. Everybody else is doing the same and the lag is exacerbated times ten.
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 237 238 239