The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 237 238 239
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-13 20:53:19
Link | Citer | R

Ghostchild said: »
Do you need to purchase the equipment in order to earn RP?

I believe you need to purchase item + kill all NMs in that Atonement before you can start earning RP. Like for Gogmagog, you need to kill the other 3 as well, buy the orb, and then you can start earning RP

alamihgo said: »
he process is as follows:

1. Defeat the original 4 NMs and claim their KIs.
2. Talk to ??? moogle for some flavor text about mobs getting tougher.
3. Return to Gaol; the original 4 NMs will let you modify "Vengeance" on a scale from +0 to +5 much like when you select Ambu difficulty.
4. Defeat NM at a greater level than current item's RP to accrue RP unique to the NM/item; RP is stocked on the ??? moogle for now.
5. Trade item to ??? if you have >0 RP for the item. Moogle will let you assign RP.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-13 21:26:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Just did Veng+9 and he did not use Noahionto, so he must gain access at +10. Going to try it shortly and see if he uses it, or if it's a party-only thing he does in response to something.

Ok, just beat Gogmagog solo on Veng+10. He didn't use Noahionto once, but I did kite him during Mighty Strikes. Perhaps that move is only used under certain conditions? He gained a Magic Accuracy aura during SP and kept it for the remainder of the fight. At around 62%, he stopped going after AAEV and he locked hate on me, so I dismissed her and just brought in Selt'heus. I observed this same hate loss for every fight, even when I turned around for a while. Not sure if I was capping hate or if its a mechanic. Got same RP as Martel.

Auxiliary point: buffs wear on entry to boss area, but TP stays on. Used Boost with Ask Sash to get TP for Shell Crusher before i entered. So teams can use a Shikikoyo SAM if they want to spam people with capped TP before entering. Can keep changing jobs and repeat during the prep process.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-13 21:44:55
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm. Has anyone been able to augment/earn RP for Atonement 2 items?

We killed all 6 Atonement 2 NMs today. Talked to the moogle. Nada. Entered an NM for the second time(Henwen.)

Only V0 was available. Which already seems different from Atonement 1, cause I seem to recall 0~5 being available right after clearing all tier one NMs. Did the fight, won. No RP earned. Exited and talked to the moogle.. Nada.

Tried again.. still only V0 available...

Are the requirements to start earning RP and augment for Atonement 2 different somehow? Or is something glitching here?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-13 22:15:31
Link | Citer | R

Not sure. Just checked. It could be that you need to get a certain Veng+# on all Atonement 1 NMs before you can start earning RP for Atonement 2? Unlocking the second tier required KIs from all 4 tier 1, so maybe they carried that theme into the augmenting process.
By Guyford 2021-01-14 01:03:28
Link | Citer | R

The NMs are giving 40% the RP needed to reach that rank from the previous rank. It takes 480 RP to go from rank 9 to 10, so the +10 NMs give 0.4*480=192.

If you fail to kill the NM, you appear to get half of this times the percent of hp you managed to deal to the mob. So if you got a +15 NM to 20%, you would get 0.4*980*.8/2 = 156.8, presumably rounded down to 156.

It takes 13060 RP to reach rank 20. Are we sure this is the cap? And are we sure there's no way to pop past +15. If they exist +20 would give 704 and +25 would give 1164 which would be far more reasonable than having to do the same +15 fight 33+ times to reach rank 20...

Has anyone with progress on 2 NMs checked if they can pop past +15 for the 2nd fight after clearing another +15? This would make a lot of sense as it would make the job/trust restriction mechanics not completely irrelevant.
By SimonSes 2021-01-14 02:39:30
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

We killed all 6 Atonement 2 NMs today. Talked to the moogle. Nada. Entered an NM for the second time(Henwen.)

Only V0 was available. Which already seems different from Atonement 1, cause I seem to recall 0~5 being available right after clearing all tier one NMs. Did the fight, won. No RP earned. Exited and talked to the moogle.. Nada.

Are the requirements to start earning RP and augment for Atonement 2 different somehow? Or is something glitching here?

Have you tried defeating Atonement 2 NM and then checking whats available for 2nd fight without exiting?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-14 11:26:02
Link | Citer | R

(Atonement 1)
Veng+13 = 300 RP

SimonSes said: »
Have you tried defeating Atonement 2 NM and then checking whats available for 2nd fight without exiting?

It removes that NM from the list, so you can't view it until the next time you enter.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-01-14 11:38:41
Link | Citer | R

Tried to summarize everything we have learned up through yesterday and show some nm kills. Hope this helps some who haven't tried it yet. More video's on the other NM's to follow as always.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-14 12:22:17
Link | Citer | R

(Atonement 1)
Veng+13 = 300 RP

SimonSes said: »

It removes that NM from the list, so you can't view it until the next time you enter.

I meant other nm. Can you chose difficulty for other NM from Atonement 2 after clearing NM from "wave 1". What I meant is maybe for Atonement 2, RP and difficulty starts from 2nd fight in a row and in possibly future Atonement 3 it will start at 3rd fight and this is how they will force us to make 3 fights during one entry.
By Guyford 2021-01-14 12:38:30
Link | Citer | R

Just soloed +15 umbril on RDM. Summoned trusts in order -sakura, matsui, Joachim, shantotto 2, monbereaux, then dismissed sakura. Fully buffed (enstone, barblizz, barpara) hit it with sab frazzle distract addle dia at start, then ran to distance and summoned EV so she would pull it away from other trusts. Monbereaux handled the doomga just fine and was out of doom range himself (I paid him the 100k). Fight lasted about 7 min alternating seraph blade and RLB letting matsui and shantotto burst. Unlocked rank 20 augments on SMN ammo.

I'll see if I can pop +20 umbril after fighting a different NM or 2 next time I go in, out of segments for now. Going to do +5 acuex/fluterini with crap trusts to see if that unlocks +5 on atonement 2 (I've done dullahan +10). Will also report rp->segment exchange rate.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-14 12:38:56
Link | Citer | R

I don't know that Martel has tried that yet. I took a look at the list and saw the same Veng+0 scenario he did (though I didn't bother fighting it). I would try what you say, but it would be a shame to lose 6000-9000 segments when there could be some other factors involved in when you can start RPing Atonement 2. Or it could be bugged, but not willing to try it since I burned through a ton of my segments already.

I plan on getting the other 3 NMs in Atonement 1 to Veng+5+, then see if I get the option to choose Atonement 2 difficulty. At least if that doesnt work, I will already have progress on Atonement 1 NMs and won't risk losing points.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-14 16:20:25
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious, has anyone happened to d/c in the lobby or boss area and log back in and be able to continue? If the lag is that intense, just want to factor out that it won't lockout a job or something like that if you disconnect.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-14 22:02:21
Link | Citer | R

Gogmagog apparently uses a different aura on each Veng+ difficulty:

+10-Magic Accuracy Down
+13-Magic Attack Down
+15-Attack Down (this is what gives him that huge -DT)

Never used Noahionto once in all the fights I've done him solo, so it must be a mechanic (perhaps party related) that triggers it.

Pilgrim Moogle immediately gives you a message after talking to it that indicates your item's augment limit has increased:

By kerith7537 2021-01-14 22:15:41
Link | Citer | R

I can't seem to get back into Gaol. I did one NM the other day and warped out at the end because the Moogle wouldn't load to change jobs, now I don't even have the option to enter.

I still have two Moglophone II KI and I'm able to get the regular moglophone and enter A, B and C no problem.

Has anyone else ran into this issue, or should I ask a GM or support about it? Do you have to have 3 of the KI to enter?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-14 22:17:56
Link | Citer | R

kerith7537 said: »
I still have two Moglophone II KI

You need 3. Talk to the Moogle, go to Mog Segment Exchange list, and buy one more for 3000 segments.
By Guyford 2021-01-14 22:43:53
Link | Citer | R

Gogmagog apparently uses a different aura on each Veng+ difficulty:

+10-Magic Accuracy Down
+13-Magic Attack Down
+15-Attack Down (this is what gives him that huge -DT)

Never used Noahionto once in all the fights I've done him solo, so it must be a mechanic (perhaps party related) that triggers it.

The aura is not level specific, multiple fights on +10 he had different auras.

While its 1hr is up, it gain access to Noahionto and Villanous Rebuke, it is not guaranteed to use them it just can use them as well as its normal tp moves.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-14 23:02:09
Link | Citer | R

Good to know. Then I was just lucky with not getting Noahionto, and unlucky getting Attack Down aura on +15 xD
By shamgi 2021-01-15 00:58:56
Link | Citer | R

So, has it been checked to see if there's any bonus RP for doing multiple fights in a row? I don't see anyone talking about it, but I also specifically don't see anything saying no on the idea.

I'm assuming no, given the current run on how this content is, but worth asking.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-15 08:18:46
Link | Citer | R

They did a little emaint overnight to fix the "***not spawning" issue.

That particular issue happens to all NPCs though, so don't know how they fix it there and no where else, but they said so.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-01-15 08:26:38
Link | Citer | R

Um, ow? Not sure what to do about this. He used it right when he did Mighty Strikes.

He was only at +5, so I had enough time to reraise and kill him anyway, but I can't imagine having enough time to do that solo on higher difficulties.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-15 08:30:32
Link | Citer | R

I died to Stygian Release shortly after I mentioned not seeing Noahionto last night. I just tried to keep hate on AAEV until after SP is done or kite as soon as I see it now.

Also saw him use Hundred Fists on some fights, Mighty Strikes on others. Not sure if he can use both in same run, or if he chooses one at random like his aura.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-01-15 09:58:15
Link | Citer | R

Dullahan does not have his family's normal sky high darkness resistance; Sanguine Blade performs decently (with only trust buffs, Crocea Sanguine does better than Naegling CdC/Savage), and even at +15 Koru-Moru and Ajido-Maruido can still land Dispel.

It's possible that all the NMs have had their resistances balanced out like that.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-15 12:16:01
Link | Citer | R

The most difficult part of the fights is making skillchains and bursts due to the stupid lag.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-15 12:19:51
Link | Citer | R

Use Matsui-P/Shantotto II for your bursts/SC. Between those 2 and AAEV, they will steal your closing SC if they have TP, so you can have them do it if you need something to nuke.
By alamihgo 2021-01-15 14:20:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Dullahan does not have his family's normal sky high darkness resistance; Sanguine Blade performs decently (with only trust buffs, Crocea Sanguine does better than Naegling CdC/Savage), and even at +15 Koru-Moru and Ajido-Maruido can still land Dispel.

It's possible that all the NMs have had their resistances balanced out like that.
Gogmagog takes normal damage from Leaden Salute and Dark Shot has never failed.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-01-15 18:39:39
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

So no way to augment gear from Atonement 2? I have not killed all the A2 NMs yet, but if it doesn't do anything I won't yet
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-15 18:55:12
Link | Citer | R

Maybe RPing Atonement 2 requires beating Veng+15 on all Atonement 1 NMs first.
 Asura.Yeva
user: Coomer
By Asura.Yeva 2021-01-15 23:23:51
Link | Citer | R

I've checked this thread a few times so maybe I've missed it:

To fight the second set of NMs, does everyone need access to the Tier 2 NMs or just the person operating the conflux?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-16 00:22:12
Link | Citer | R

Oh, yeah. I guess I should report this.

Killing all Atonement 1 NMs on V5 unlocked V5 for Atonement 2.

Then, once we killed an Atonement 2 NM on V5, we got RP and were able to Augment. Although the moogle did not give any additional dialogue this time.

Interestingly, Killing a V5 Atonement 2 NM, did NOT unlock V10 for that NM.

I suspect we will need to kill All Atonement 1 NMs on V10 to unlock V10 for Atonement 2. But we're short on segments now so further attempts will be delayed a few days.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 237 238 239