First Page 2 3 ... 228 229 230 ... 237 238 239
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-03-19 10:36:33
Link | Citer | R

A couple of reasons.

First, bst takes 10% off right at the start, which only works if he’s at 100%
Second, sub 25% it would be hard to keep tp suppressed enough with a Zerg even with bst spamming tp drain.
Third, there’s no one to tank the adds
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-03-19 14:00:26
Link | Citer | R

Unrelated. Just wanted to throw this info in case it wasn't known. We tried once to push Xevioso from 10% to 0% on 2nd KI and plan was to Lacerny Perfect Dodge and Zerg with Perfect Defence. So I stole Perfect Dodge with my THF and.. Xevioso did another Perfect Dodge 1 sec later..
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2023-03-19 15:31:12
Link | Citer | R

Basically, if Bumba V25 gets a TP move off then it's game over. His entire control panel is full of "You Lose" buttons.
 Carbuncle.Slib
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2023-03-20 15:14:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Basically, if Bumba V25 gets a TP move off then it's game over. His entire control panel is full of "You Lose" buttons.

Proccing him gives you a minute worth of time to zerg him without worries. He's literally like a training dummy during this period minus the annoying Dispelga.

It's kind of obvious they do not expect people to kill him during proc mode. They have multiple ways of combating it such as fetters, denounce 1 hit KO, 3 TP moves back to back, DT building against a damage type.

So this TP move going off causing game over makes sense and obviously calls for a different strategy then mindlessly zerging it. Put your weapon away seconds before fetter mode, use a TP drain ability to lower his TP below 1k so he does not execute you and figure out proc mode carefully.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-03-20 15:48:47
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Slib said: »
Proccing him gives you a minute worth of time to zerg him without worries. He's literally like a training dummy during this period minus the annoying Dispelga.

The issue is the proc is random and you can easily get screwed as several of the procs require you feeding TP which can cause him to explode and kill everyone. It was a very poorly thought out design. Instead what should of happened is whenever he goes into fetter mode, you get a timer that you need to proc within or he gets access to denounce. Something like "proc in 60s or I explode" the moment fetters appear. This would make the fight actually skill based where people need to pay attention and dynamically clear procs instead of going full TP denial.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-03-26 00:16:08
Link | Citer | R

Our group finally took Bumba down today. It took forever to get the conditions right, we only had 2 runs where he gave us good auras and a wild card. The first one imploded because blu missed two skillchains due to the single hit spell just missing. We did a thing where both he and I went and got a subtle blow set, and switched to Quad for the closer. Previously we hadn't been able to do quad without instantly getting fetters.

The only other thing we did, was on our winning run, we dropped warlock's roll and used monk's roll instead.

We got him to 55% on KI 1, so started at 60% on KI2.

Kaustra's were 97k, 65k, 76k on dark's day. Died right before I applied a 4th one. I never once saw a 99k Kaustra, and we were doing a 5 step sch + blu 6th step SC. Every Kaustra was Ebullience + Focalization + Enlightenment

Here is a 52 (50) Subtle Blow set for sch if anyone is interested.

ItemSet 390575

Could do Ninurta's sash and lose one of the +3 SB pieces too, but I couldn't find one. The Grip is annoying to farm from gold box in labyrinth of onzozo.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-03-26 05:58:06
Link | Citer | R

Congrats
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2023-03-26 06:28:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Our group finally took Bumba down today. It took forever to get the conditions right, we only had 2 runs where he gave us good auras and a wild card. The first one imploded because blu missed two skillchains due to the single hit spell just missing. We did a thing where both he and I went and got a subtle blow set, and switched to Quad for the closer. Previously we hadn't been able to do quad without instantly getting fetters.

The only other thing we did, was on our winning run, we dropped warlock's roll and used monk's roll instead.

Kaustra's were 97k, 65k, 76k on dark's day. Died right before I applied a 4th one. I never once saw a 99k Kaustra, and we were doing a 5 step sch + blu 6th step SC. Every Kaustra was Ebullience + Focalization + Enlightenment

ItemSet 390575

Could do Ninurta's sash and lose one of the +3 SB pieces too, but I couldn't find one. The Grip is annoying to farm from gold box in labyrinth of onzozo.

Congrats! Now to decide whether you live out your days AFK in Norg or Rabao? XD
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2023-03-26 07:47:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jokes said: »

ItemSet 390575

Congrats! Now to decide whether you live out your days AFK in Norg or Rabao? XD

Hell yeah Shadow, congrats on the clear!!!

As for the AFK comment Jokes, that's the biggest aspect of Gaol I wish they would add to. Once the content is cleared...you just kinda look down awkwardly, kick your foot to the side, do mundane RP farms to cap stuff and call it a day. A good way for SE to incentivize more wins would be to add a loot drop system to the event and make the drops badass. Yeah once everyone or the leader gets their's that's probably all folks but at least it extends out the content...and segment farming!!! XD
[+]
By Nariont 2023-03-26 08:20:19
Link | Citer | R

You could use ternion/+1 or levante dagger if you are looking to skip the grip and still lose the ammo
 Asura.Midgitis
By Asura.Midgitis 2023-03-26 08:45:48
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 390575

Nicely done congratz.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-03-26 12:43:14
Link | Citer | R

To be clear, I didn't use the subtle blow on kaustra.

I used it for the immanence steps, because I didn't always hit for 0 even with all the other pieces being empty.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mischief
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Mischief
By Bahamut.Mischief 2023-03-27 19:43:36
Link | Citer | R

Couple things we've figured out while trying to get V25 Mboze clears for other characters/LS members:

1) You CAN land Purulent Ooze on V25 Mboze. Unda Rayke on its own seems to give it a low hit rate, but combined with MBing it off a water SC, it lands basically every time. Assuming the RUN keeps up stoneskin, you can safely do this at the beginning and have the BST switch to leech for Drainkiss before the tree gets any TP moves off.

2) Combining wind Gambit/Rayke with Tomahawk allows this to happen:

Done on V25, on Windsday, off a 3-step SC. Gambit/Rayke/Tomahawk all on, but no other buffs or debuffs (no BRD/COR/GEO, Impact, etc.). Adding even just Indi-INT will probably allow you to break 10k even without day. It might do okay damage even without Rayke (if using it for Purulent Ooze), but keep in mind that without Tomahawk it will always do 0 damage. I didn't test Kaustra, but it probably won't do much.

It's likely that both of these strategies work on other T3s as well (except for Ongo), if you want to use 2 KI strats on them or even just have easier ways to get it under 94% for RP.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-28 03:24:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mischief said: »
1) You CAN land Purulent Ooze on V25 Mboze. Unda Rayke on its own seems to give it a low hit rate, but combined with MBing it off a water SC, it lands basically every time.
wat

I admit I didn't have many attempts, but with 3x water Rayke my Purulent Oooze landed 100% of the times.
Out of... I dunno, 4 times I tried lol?
So I guess I've been extremely lucky those 4 times?
My pet macc build on BST is pretty close to BiS, but my Master Level is only like ML4 or ML5 I don't remember.
Granted that, in general, ML shouldn't provide a massive difference in terms of pet macc.
 Asura.Shaedhen
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2023-03-28 05:22:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I admit I didn't have many attempts, but with 3x water Rayke my Purulent Oooze landed 100% of the times.
Out of... I dunno, 4 times I tried lol?
So I guess I've been extremely lucky those 4 times?

Yeah, I think you were. Our BST never managed to land it so far after 5 or 6 attempts I think ? Maybe a bit more.
I think all he is missing is a +3 instead of a +2 empy reforge to be bis or very close to it.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-03-28 06:16:19
Link | Citer | R

We were about 50% successful oozing mboze out of probably 15-20 attempts, without the mentioned skillchain but with full rayke and bis pet set
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-28 07:03:18
Link | Citer | R

You guys are making me wonder if in my 3-4 attempts we weren't actually doing Mboze V24 instead that V25, hmmm...
While entirely possible, given the small sample of attempts, it's still strange that I managed to land it every time.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2023-03-28 15:36:56
Link | Citer | R

Couple things we've figured out while trying to get V25 Mboze clears for other characters/LS members:

1) You CAN land Purulent Ooze on V25 Mboze. Unda Rayke on its own seems to give it a low hit rate, but combined with MBing it off a water SC, it lands basically every time. Assuming the RUN keeps up stoneskin, you can safely do this at the beginning and have the BST switch to leech for Drainkiss before the tree gets any TP moves off.

Yup, Misc closed my weaponskill with Death Blossom and we made darkness a few montths ago, RDM closed darkness. With Rayke we landed it 100% of the time.

2) Combining wind Gambit/Rayke with Tomahawk allows this to happen:

Done on V25, on Windsday, off a 3-step SC. Gambit/Rayke/Tomahawk all on, but no other buffs or debuffs (no BRD/COR/GEO, Impact, etc.). Adding even just Indi-INT will probably allow you to break 10k even without day. It might do okay damage even without Rayke (if using it for Purulent Ooze), but keep in mind that without Tomahawk it will always do 0 damage. I didn't test Kaustra, but it probably won't do much.

It's likely that both of these strategies work on other T3s as well (except for Ongo), if you want to use 2 KI strats on them or even just have easier ways to get it under 94% for RP.

Lol I was surrised when he did this last night. We've had several fails with other various and multiple other members at really low % (like 4-5 where it timbered 2% or under lol).

He took it uon himself to go *** with it and see what else he can add to make it easier for other people/chars to clear.

It's been frustrating for Misc on "Mischief" since he's been in a lot of those fights on Misc and that character does n't have the clear yet lol.

If SCH can utilize this and cap a helix, it jsut means FAAAAAR less time (HP left on Mboze) in where and that you have to be perfect in terms of not leting it get TP.

On another note, Meva aura down on tree for 2nd aura is crap. The 2 plants always land para on multiple people at the worst times.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-03-28 15:53:10
Link | Citer | R

well, RDM closes Distortion off the WAR for the Purulent Ooze, but yuppers, when paired with the Rayke and a Distortion chain, I've never seen it not land now (~9 tries).

But pardon me and my absence for a few days while I check myself into rehab after hearing that Helix info^^
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2023-04-05 11:40:25
Link | Citer | R

For Procne v25, took us a couple tries to clear this one due to hate mechanics. In our first couple attempts, things went great even with unfavorable auras until Warrior would pull hate. Dirge and Schere only work so much.

A great solution for this is DRG Spirit Surge modifying Super Jump to remove 50% of the person’s enmity closest and behind the DRG. We did SS, fly high, super jump spam with warrior directly behind DRG just before the 40% mark to wipe Warriors hate. This worked perfectly and run was smooth. Just a major feature that I’m sure a lot of us overlook. Good luck!
[+]
By Vaerix 2023-04-05 14:41:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »
For Procne v25, took us a couple tries to clear this one due to hate mechanics. In our first couple attempts, things went great even with unfavorable auras until Warrior would pull hate. Dirge and Schere only work so much.

A great solution for this is DRG Spirit Surge modifying Super Jump to remove 50% of the person’s enmity closest and behind the DRG. We did SS, fly high, super jump spam with warrior directly behind DRG just before the 40% mark to wipe Warriors hate. This worked perfectly and run was smooth. Just a major feature that I’m sure a lot of us overlook. Good luck!

Pacifying Ruby is another often overlooked hate clearing device, 25% removal from a target, with apogee you can clear 43% of someone's capped hate every 3 minutes without an SP. With conduit you can basically do what you did with 2 sp's (fly high/spirit surge). With just capped BP reduction you're clearing 25% every 20s.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-04-09 19:17:34
Link | Citer | R

The Zelos Orb Antagonistic Ambuscade drops kupons that let you trade for absolute virtue drops in a couple days in case anyone wants to get a hold of the belt. I don't know how common they are, but I was looking through the event guide.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Serveur: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-04-09 22:38:53
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »

The Zelos Orb Antagonistic Ambuscade drops kupons that let you trade for absolute virtue drops in a couple days in case anyone wants to get a hold of the belt. I don't know how common they are, but I was looking through the event guide.
If you're willing to farm a drop from a VWNM there's always Lenore's Hairpin (9 SB).
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2023-04-16 08:15:53
Link | Citer | R

Nothing ground breaking but took out Rask and Marmokrebs 25 last night with RUN, BLM, COR, GEO, BRD, RDM for both runs. Will mostly just talk Krebs since he's harder and strat is pretty much the exact same minus elements. I'll post this in that random Marmokrebs topic thread as well.

RUN: Standard rune things, Sulpor x3 runes, gambit when able, Rayke for initial helix and hopefully the next. Probably used more panaceas than the Curio Moogle has!

SCH: Tabula'd at start, applied the Regens, Embravas, and all the other good good. While he was finishing his setup, COR and RUN started SCs to get the ball rolling and BLM building up -ajas. SCH called the Random Deals/Wildcard for strat replenishment when needed. In our two losses, rolled a 5 WC. In our win, neither a 5 nor 6 were rolled. Bliz > Hydro > Last Stand > Dimidiation. Allow for SCH to get in a strong Helix II before putting up the nuke wall on him. Ours hit 14-20k reliably for max DoT.

BLM: Nuked thunder, applied Impact when able with ES and Manawell. Additionally, to help the group out, I knew I would have add hate when they popped. At 77 and 42 (If it was up) BLM pops Mana Wall and runs add about 20 from the RDM just to prevent needless damage to the group. Don't forget to Thundaja in Empy pants for extended damage + windows. Used Subtle Sorcery during initial Tabula window after rayke dropped.

RDM: Busy bee, Refresh/Haste the masses, crowd control with bind/gravity. On first add, ours put up non sabo bind since we were burning to 40 hard and RD isnt always a sure thing but can Sabo if you want. Either way, when second add popped, BLM took away, RDM bound, gravd and then Stymie'd sleep on the first add that's about to unbind. This helped a lot to keep the two adds similar in time of when debuffs would wear. RDM threw the kitchen sink of debuffs at MB and bursted when able.

COR: Wizard's and Samurai roll, Thunder Shot when able before nukes. Would connect third step with Last stand to lvl 3 light. When strats were down, COR would last stand open for Dimidiation. Since we don't use discord, this sometimes got goofed up when SCH would start SCs but wasn't a YUGE issue. If you have a more established COR/RUN combo, do the 4 step of Leaden > Dimi > Last Stand > Dimi while strats are down.

BRD: HM, INT Etude x2, Ballad x2 on masses. Scherzo, Minne, and Water Carol II the tank. Threnody on MB and adds and go to sleep. Had brd SV/CC at start but held onto nitro until 1 min on SV to have SV songs full run.

Took 4 attempts overall. First two just had some growing pains of adding 2 PUGs and buddy nuking wrong mob XD. We preferred BRD over GEO just due to the variance of buffs, capping haste, and keeping the RUN alive better with Scherzo. Anyway, this was our story, definitely the hardest of the T2s.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Shaedhen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Shadowwww
By Ragnarok.Shaedhen 2023-04-20 07:16:32
Link | Citer | R

Well, I can confirm that using Ooze on a SC (SAM doing distortion) for Mboze makes a world of difference. Our BST landed it everytime when we did it (compared to 0% success rate without it).

Also, **** that stupid rng on aura. All it took was 2 runs where we didn't get either an attack down, ma acc down, or a meva down one to get it to 3% the first time and to kill it the 2nd time.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-04-20 12:37:00
Link | Citer | R

Grats on the win! That 3% loss had to hurt, that's always the worst.

For those looking to RP this guy, I also had success chipping Mboze down with SMN+RUN plus a roll COR. Not sure if the COR is needed, I've been meaning to try without it.

COR did Beast+Tact. RUN tanked, turning away most of the time to avoid feeding much TP, cast Stoneskin a lot, and threw a Dimidiation every 2nd or 3rd Pred Claws to reset the wall.

SMN kept Siren's Lunatic Voice (silence) and Bitter Elegy up. Lunatic Voice unfortunately needs to be reapplied very frequently. Besides that, Mewing Lullaby as much as possible. Predator Claws was the sole damage source, doing 6-12k damage consistently. It's very important to keep a steady flow of Pred Claws the whole time. SP was used for extra Pred Claws, probably not needed with a COR but who knows without, I usually got it to 92-93%.

It takes the full 15 minutes and you won't reach 89% this way without adding a bit more damage or support, but it's consistent.

P.S. For those who are going for a clear on Mboze, take the above to heart as well since most strats use a SMN in the first entry. Don't let your SMN get away with standing there lazily doing nothing but Mewing, they can add so much more to the fight. Mewing gets resisted hard after less than 30 seconds anyway so they have 30 seconds to swap avatars, do something, then go back to Cait. Pred Claws is great added damage, and Fenrir's Impact doesn't hurt either. They can also use Apogee to apply other wards like Bitter Elegy (50% slow) without missing a Mewing Lullaby. In our clear, I think I used Conduit to re-apply the buff wards (Crystal Blessing, Crimson Howl, etc) halfway through the fight.
[+]
 Sylph.Jtmoney
Serveur: Sylph
user: Jtmoney
By Sylph.Jtmoney 2023-04-20 14:38:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Grats on the win! That 3% loss had to hurt, that's always the worst.

For those looking to RP this guy, I also had success chipping Mboze down with SMN+RUN plus a roll COR. Not sure if the COR is needed, I've been meaning to try without it.

COR did Beast+Tact. RUN tanked, turning away most of the time to avoid feeding much TP, cast Stoneskin a lot, and threw a Dimidiation every 2nd or 3rd Pred Claws to reset the wall.

SMN kept Siren's Lunatic Voice (silence) and Bitter Elegy up. Lunatic Voice unfortunately needs to be reapplied very frequently. Besides that, Mewing Lullaby as much as possible. Predator Claws was the sole damage source, doing 6-12k damage consistently. It's very important to keep a steady flow of Pred Claws the whole time. SP was used for extra Pred Claws, probably not needed with a COR but who knows without, I usually got it to 92-93%.

It takes the full 15 minutes and you won't reach 89% this way without adding a bit more damage or support, but it's consistent.

P.S. For those who are going for a clear on Mboze, take the above to heart as well since most strats use a SMN in the first entry. Don't let your SMN get away with standing there lazily doing nothing but Mewing, they can add so much more to the fight. Mewing gets resisted hard after less than 30 seconds anyway so they have 30 seconds to swap avatars, do something, then go back to Cait. Pred Claws is great added damage, and Fenrir's Impact doesn't hurt either. They can also use Apogee to apply other wards like Bitter Elegy (50% slow) without missing a Mewing Lullaby. In our clear, I think I used Conduit to re-apply the buff wards (Crystal Blessing, Crimson Howl, etc) halfway through the fight.

Is RP Mboze different from the rest? I got V20 Mboze to 95% and died but he immediately regened to 100%. I feel like the others, they will stand pat.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-04-20 14:40:01
Link | Citer | R

One of his tp moves gives him a potent regen
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 228 229 230 ... 237 238 239