WOTG fuck this storyline
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Karppa
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2019-12-17 04:39:46
Link | Citer | R

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/YRhbkBkprGI9yS75Xt" width="480" height="226" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/kebmo-christmas-nope-keb-mo-YRhbkBkprGI9yS75Xt">via GIPHY</a></p>
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2019-12-17 04:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Too much running I'm out..
By Pantafernando 2019-12-17 05:18:43
Link | Citer | R

Bye
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2019-12-17 06:12:30
Link | Citer | R

This not only goes to Karppa but to all the people who complain about so much in this game... Nobody is forcing you to play. If you don't like the game stfu and move on.
[+]
By Nsane 2019-12-17 06:24:17
Link | Citer | R

I think you just need to learn how to get around the game a bit better. With all the home points, survivals guides, ROE/VW warps and your mount you shouldn't be crying, should of seen it back in the 75 era.
[+]
 Cerberus.Drayco
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2019-12-17 06:43:49
Link | Citer | R

Nsane said: »
I think you just need to learn how to get around the game a bit better. With all the home points, survivals guides, ROE/VW warps and your mount you shouldn't be crying, should of seen it back in the 75 era.
ItemSet 370229
The running around was so bad, they added this for the people who couldn't get movement items lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-12-17 06:49:21
Link | Citer | R

The ability to use mounts in the past from almost anywhere is a huge bonus. The only "slow" part to me was the long *** cutscenes.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2019-12-17 07:05:46
Link | Citer | R

I just skip WOTG atm I thought finishing this was good idea cuz Lilith HTMB but so much headless running. So..no Lilith gear for me.
 Bismarck.Dreamingfaith
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dreamingfaith 2019-12-17 07:35:22
Link | Citer | R

/mount raptor
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-12-17 07:46:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karppa said: »
I just skip WOTG atm I thought finishing this was good idea cuz Lilith HTMB but so much headless running. So..no Lilith gear for me.
You gotta imagine doing the storyline when it first came out. No mounts or HP crystals. I get your frustrated doing it now is 100 times better then before. But I got to be honest, “so much headless running.” Is this your first FF11 mission or quest from back in the day? I am not trying to be rude but you should remember what kind of game ff11 is.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-17 07:57:15
Link | Citer | R

WOTG is the easiest objective in the game for arguably the best earring piece available. If you can't be bothered to sit through a few cutscenes (also known as enjoy the damn game) for a unique reward in the end, that is pretty pathetic. But I can relate and I have responded the same in the past. I have lvl2 Mog Gardens, and have zip-zero interest in grinding up the requisites daily for it. The fact that they locked valuable rewards behind such a unrelated task was annoying to me, so I just decided I wouldn't do it. No prob.

Good thing about the game is there's a lot of stuff in it, so you can skip stuff you don't feel like doing. And Malignance gear, though great, is not required for any content. Nor did they release any subsequent content where the set was largely useful for. You could get by before Malignance existed, you can certainly get by afterwards if you so choose.
[+]
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2019-12-17 08:06:04
Link | Citer | R

I just redid WoG for a new account, literally took me 3/4 days to do the lot. Stop being a baby. Is cake now to how it was.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-12-17 08:07:58
Link | Citer | R

The worst part was Metal Gear Solid with Cait Sith.

Anyways it's so much easier with Home Points now, and even easier with Tako/Bolter's Roll.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-12-17 08:29:27
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
The worst part was Metal Gear Solid with Cait Sith.

Even most of that wasn't bad, just slow. Wait for 45 degree and go. The dart one still seemed kind of random, but it's fairly close to the zone line.

I ran my alt that still needed WoTG through the rest of it the other week. As people have mentioned, it's vastly improved over what it was originally. Still a lot to run through, but, that's missions in this game.
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2019-12-17 08:47:44
Link | Citer | R

Just use the plugin that lets you grab any HTBF key item from NPC regardless of completion...
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-12-17 09:06:15
Link | Citer | R

pussy
[+]
 Asura.Zekie
By Asura.Zekie 2019-12-17 09:20:49
Link | Citer | R

I did WotG 2 times this year for all 2 accounts, its far easy and faster than before. Could get it done in 4 days or more depends on how many hours u play a day.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-12-17 09:28:09
Link | Citer | R

You guys need to realize that Karppa is just trolling you all by saying something that is a thousand times easier today than before is "too hard" for him and enjoying the reactions you are giving him.

It's so transparent I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this at all....
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-17 09:28:26
Link | Citer | R

Put it this way. I would rather do WOTG five times over vs this clusterfeck of content called Domain Invasion.
[+]
 Asura.Madone
user: Blackrock
By Asura.Madone 2019-12-17 10:06:39
Link | Citer | R

This isn't an airport bro,no need to announce your departure.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-12-17 10:09:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Madone said: »
This isn't an airport bro,no need to announce your departure.
Best Facebook meme group ever
 Lakshmi.Leosin
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2019-12-17 11:18:31
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Is this your first FF11 mission or quest from back in the day?

Not just that, but good lord.... have you played ANY Final Fantasy titles? @OP, not Drake.
Endlessly touring around the games world is as synonymous with a Final Fantasy title as is the eventual exp grind or better yet - the bestiary using identical models with color swaps.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2019-12-17 11:24:48
Link | Citer | R

Wotg windy town was one of the best storylines in the game. And whats the point of playing an RPG if you dont give a damn about the story?
Besides getting around is so unbelievably easy compared to back at 75. A lot of the time you had to run to everything.. at normal speed. No tele crystals, no mounts, no books, no vs warps. Only thing you had were airships and if you hoofed it enough to do the supply runs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-17 11:33:44
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Godofgods said: »
And whats the point of playing an RPG if you dont give a damn about the story?

Eh, I feel you on this but it's debatable also so im going to play devil's advocate. This game is an MMORPG, not just any RPG. The difference is there are various goals in an MMORPG (generally around character development) vs a more traditional linear one in a standard RPG (which usually revolves around story). 15 years ago pulling all-nighters playing your favorite MMO, it meant nothing to burn through hours of dialogue because the story WAS the game at that point. It was enjoyable and you didn't mind the story along the way, because it was done gradually over the course of time with friends. You couldn't breeze through it even if you wanted to.

Leveling and being at cap/top end was not as valuable as it is now in FFXI. I can't fault someone for not wanting to sit through 40 hours of story dialogue, especially if this is their 2nd/3rd character etc. Available time is not what it used to be, and for people who are more interested in other goals in an MMO, they should be given freedom to express their disdain for storylines.
By DononofSylph 2019-12-17 11:36:10
Link | Citer | R

Store line is cake, I just completed it and doing it again for a mule.

They could burn the mini game with Caitsith though, the sneaking up and shooting with a dart was the bane of my existence and made me contemplate quitting the story line entirely.
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-12-17 11:46:34
Link | Citer | R

It's all the dumb side quests and day waits that suck

But it still doesn't suck as much as SoA.
By Draylo 2019-12-17 12:18:04
Link | Citer | R

Are u ok
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2019-12-17 13:41:28
Link | Citer | R

tl;dr

No one is forced to do anything in this game. No is forcing you pay for this game. You either do it because you want to or you don't. Simple as that.
[+]
First Page 2 3