ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 142 143 144
By Voren 2020-05-14 01:39:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Context, and tense, matter. Will lose =/= lose in the past

Quote:
But you can't just "make a third party" (we have other parties) All they do is ensure republicans will win every time.

All the rational people split their votes between Dem/Green/Independent. There is no strong "steal votes from republican party third party" (mostly)

And history also matters, which shows the gaping inaccuracy in your original post, hence my break down. What, do you think third parties are new and somehow exclusive to the 21st century?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-14 01:43:41
Link | Citer | R

I just said we have other parties. But they're not "real parties"

Any emergence of a badly needed change to the two party system only hurts us as a people by ensuring the worst side would always win. They would have even less incentive to pretend.

That's why the system is bad but also "unfixable"
[+]
By Voren 2020-05-14 01:49:20
Link | Citer | R

So you're saying that it doesn't matter which wins, Dem or Rep, because of the current system and the removal of votes for one of the two by third parties, that no matter which one wins they're always the worst possible person?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-14 02:01:53
Link | Citer | R

We're always choosing between two people that literally don't give a rats *** about americans other than on election day.

(And not just president, congress, senate, judges, sheriffs, mayors, governors)(most of the time, they're not all bad, all of the time)

It's to much to ask to have someone advocate for people like they're supposed to. The only way to break the stranglehold we're stuck in is options. Forces them to "try". But it also can't happen at the same time. It's a hell of a paradox.
[+]
By Voren 2020-05-14 02:07:01
Link | Citer | R

Okay, I can concede that point, just the original phrasing lead me to believe you meant that the third party allowed Republicans to win the POTUS every time.

What do you call a thousand politicians at the bottom of the ocean?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-14 11:33:33
Link | Citer | R

Sen. Richard Burr steps down as Intel Chairman as insider trading probe ramps up, FBI seizes cell phone

Quote:
Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) will temporarily step aside as chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee amid an investigation into his stock sales, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) announced Thursday.

“Senator Burr contacted me this morning to inform me of his decision to step aside as Chairman of the Intelligence Committee during the pendency of the investigation,” McConnell said in a statement.

“We agreed that this decision would be in the best interests of the committee and will be effective at the end of the day tomorrow,” he added.

McConnell’s announcement comes after federal investigators seized Burr’s cellphone on Wednesday night as part of an investigation into alleged insider trading.

Its getting a little bad for Richard Burr, who should know better. When all these stock stories broke I was surprised that he handled all his stocks personally, whereas DiFi set up a blind trust 30 years ago (hence, nothing came of it) and Chuck Schumer bluntly said he didn't own any stocks for precisely this reason.

Even if there was no insider trading, its terrible optics. "Congressmen make millions right before pandemic hits" is a horrible headline, even if the two have nothing to do with each other, you still made millions right before a pandemic.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-14 14:39:05
Link | Citer | R

Coronavirus Test Used at the White House May Have False Negative Rate As High As 48 Percent
N. Y. Magazine

Quote:
President Trump, Vice-President Pence, and staffers in close contact with the pair are now receiving daily COVID-19 tests. Unfortunately, they appear to be trading off the certainty of a testing kit shipped to a lab for a nasal-swab device built by Abbott Laboratories that provides rapid-response results but has been criticized for high levels of uncertainty.

Already, Dr. Francis Collins, director for the National Institutes of Health, has warned that the Abbott ID NOW device used by the White House has a false-negative rate of around 15 percent. “If you’re in a circumstance where you really, really don’t want to miss a diagnosis of somebody who’s already carrying the virus, you’d like to have something that has a higher sensitivity than that,” Collins said last week of the test’s being used in a workplace in which anything less than perfection should case alarm. But according to a New York University analysis that has yet to be peer reviewed, the ID NOW machine missed at least a third of positive cases that were detected by standard reference tests and as many as 48 percent of positive cases when using dry nasal swabs, as the test currently advises....
Can you say ooops?

At least they are not all drinking bleach.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-14 14:46:34
Link | Citer | R

Can we get them to drink bleach though? Cause that's optimal. That's like the super cure. 100% effective.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-14 14:48:12
Link | Citer | R

Won't have to keep pissing away tests daily while there's people that can't get a test at all.
By Viciouss 2020-05-14 14:49:50
Link | Citer | R

I thought Trump said anyone that wanted a test could get one?
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-05-14 15:32:30
Link | Citer | R

The Burr investigation while merited seems retaliatory since no other Legislators are subjected.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-14 15:37:57
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Zerowone said: »
The Burr investigation while merited seems retaliatory since no other Legislators are subjected.

That's not true, the Feds definitely talked to DiFi, Loeffler, and I believe one other Senator. The only two that merited increased scrutiny were Burr and Loeffler. DiFi uses a blind trust.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-05-15 01:21:34
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-15 09:34:42
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Shiva.Zerowone said: »
That's not true, the Feds definitely talked to DiFi, Loeffler, and I believe one other Senator. The only two that merited increased scrutiny were Burr and Loeffler. DiFi uses a blind trust.
But Burr, head of the senate intel committee, keeps agreeing with the intel heads about the russia thing. And worse, releasing the findings.

Who will be the next head of the senate intel committee? Who knows? Will he be a Trump loyalist? Bet on it.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-15 11:41:56
Link | Citer | R

It will probably be Rubio for a bit. I think Burr will get cleared, but he is still a fool. This is a self inflicted scandal. Loeffler is still neck deep in it as well, she made off with a significantly higher amount of money.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-15 14:15:10
Link | Citer | R

Trump seems to think there’d be no coronavirus if there was no testing. It doesn’t work like that.

Trump says “if we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases.” Nope.

Vox

[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-05-15 14:15:35
Link | Citer | R

Operation WARP SPEED!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-05-15 14:22:31
Link | Citer | R

Your wording suggests that you completely missed the point of the article.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-15 14:30:19
Link | Citer | R

?

Her "wording" is the title and first sentence of the article.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-05-15 14:36:43
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
?

Her "wording" is the title and first sentence of the article.

Lol, so it is. I skipped to the actual meat of the article and by the fourth paragraph it more or less undercut what apparently was its own clickbait title and header.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-15 15:32:31
Link | Citer | R

This is one of the times where trump IS right.

If you don't test, you can't report cases. You still HAVE cases. But on paper you don't.

I do want to say though; He says "we do the most testing anywhere in the world"... followed by "testing is overrated"

we purposely made ourselves look bad by doing too much testing. Most tests = most cases. No ***.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-05-15 15:36:24
Link | Citer | R

That’s the patented double speak
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-15 15:50:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm surprised he allowed Fauci and Birx out there with him today, wearing masks even. The effort to suppress them has been cranked up to full ever since the disinfectant disaster.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-15 15:55:34
Link | Citer | R

It's call a fall guy.

He keeps them there to say the "bad things" and then he gets to be the good guy contradicting them for his base.

The second that tactic is no longer needed or people realize it, they're both fired.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-15 17:01:06
Link | Citer | R

From the Federalist....

This is what passes for intellectual reasoning in today's GOP.

Tucker Carlson reads this **** to Trump for bedtime fairy tails.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-15 17:08:03
Link | Citer | R

I like that last one the best.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-05-15 20:27:11
Link | Citer | R

Looks like Politico is one of the latest outlets to run hit pieces on Tara Reade, dredging up old landlords and any other acquaintances that they can to talk trash about her. Once again, it appears that it’s only okay to dig into the personal lives of women who accuse Democrats of sexual assault.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-15 20:42:12
Link | Citer | R

I think Biden squashed it yesterday. Denied it all, but said if you believe her, don't vote for him. Unless something new comes out, that story is dead.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-15 21:28:43
Link | Citer | R

Even if you believe her, Biden is still the lesser of two rapists. About 20 more need to come out before it matters (in regard to being "the" bad guy)
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2020-05-15 21:49:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
the lesser of two rapists

Look up America. You see that? That up there is the bottom of the barrel.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 142 143 144