ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 142 143 144

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 13:10:34
Link | Citer | R

Nah, he is fine.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 13:18:23
Link | Citer | R

Already been completely debunked. No need to revisit that bogus headline.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 13:25:45
Link | Citer | R

The "source" is the study, it's not a link to your trash blog that you used Google to find.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 13:32:58
Link | Citer | R

Posting the same link of a study doesn't help your trash blog. It was funny tho, good job trolling.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 13:41:00
Link | Citer | R

Uh huh, who did he let die, troll? How many people have died as a result of that "choice"? Remember to actually boost a source and not a trash blog.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-28 14:46:43
Link | Citer | R

Would like a better source than vox but yeah.

Quote:
Trump says he won’t comply with key transparency measures in the coronavirus stimulus bill

The administration says it won’t provide documentation for audits into $500 billion in corporate bailout funds.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 15:00:10
Link | Citer | R

That's why the Dems fought for and got an independent oversight board, along with several other restrictions that are now laws. It's not up to Trump anymore.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 15:10:15
Link | Citer | R

Better article: Trump tries to push back against law he signed

Quote:
President Donald Trump on Friday wrote in a signing statement accompanying the $2 trillion stimulus bill that he believes the inspector general overseeing a $500 billion relief fund for businesses will not have as much regulatory power as Democrats had sought.

The bill includes a $500 billion fund that companies, such as the struggling airlines, can tap to support their business. The fund is overseen by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin. In original drafts of the Republican Senate bill, Mnuchin had wide discretion in overseeing that money. After criticisms from Democrats, Republicans agreed to add on a congressional oversight committee and Inspector General as added control measures.

The language gives the Inspector General power to report back to Congress information including the nature of the loan and its recipients. It has the power to make informational requests from other agencies “to extent practicable and not in contravention of any existing law.” It is required to let Congress know if those requests are blocked.

Trump, though, said Friday he believes the Inspector General needs his permission in order to make such reports to Congress.

“I do not understand, and my Administration will not treat, this provision as permitting the [the Inspector General] to issue reports to the Congress without the presidential supervision,” he wrote in a signing statement. A signing statement indicate how the president intends to interpret a law.

Oversight of that $500 billion fund was one of the last major sticking points in Senate negotiations, CNBC previously reported. Senate Democrats cheered the ultimately agreed-upon language as a victory. They were wary of repeating the mistakes of the bank bailout after the financial crisis, in which Democrats were criticized for allowing bank executives to reward themselves with bonuses after receiving federal money.

“The president’s statement is indicative of the difference between Democrats and Republicans when it came to this bill,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Friday about the language.

“It’s not a surprise to anyone,” she said of Trump’s signing language. “But Congress will exercise its oversight — and we will have our panel appointed by the House to, in real-time, make sure we know where those funds are being expended.”

A Senate Democratic aide said, “We fully anticipated Trump shenanigans, so that’s why there are multiple layers of strict oversight in this bill, including a council of existing inspectors general and GAO review, in addition to the Special IG, reporting requirements and a Congressional Oversight Commission.”

Dems response: Called it!

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-28 15:41:35
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Already been completely debunked. No need to revisit that bogus headline.

Let's specifically look at the health.ny.gov statement here.

Quote:
Q: Can the State stockpile as many ventilators as would be needed in a severe pandemic?

A: Even if New York State purchases additional ventilators, the demand would quickly outpace supply in a severe pandemic. No matter how many ventilators are available, in a severe pandemic there will be shortages because so many people will be sick at the same time. In addition, even with enough ventilators, a sufficient number of trained staff may not be available to operate them, particularly because health care workers will be among the ill.

The first part of this statement is pretty stupid. "No matter how many ventilators are available, in a severe pandemic there will be shortages because so many people will be sick at the same time."

That's the worst excuse to not stockpile that I've ever heard. We'll never have enough, so we'd better not even try!
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 15:44:45
Link | Citer | R

uh huh. Still waiting to hear how many people have died as a result of that decision.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-28 15:47:21
Link | Citer | R

uh huh. Still waiting to hear how many people have died as a result of that decision.

If they end up with a shortage then you'll have your number in due time.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 15:53:22
Link | Citer | R

uh huh. Like I said, no reason to bring up that debunked storyline ever again, unless you and kireek just want to troll.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-28 15:59:56
Link | Citer | R

uh huh. Like I said, no reason to bring up that debunked storyline ever again, unless you and kireek just want to troll.

?

I was focused on the Q&A, I don't speak for Kireek. They made a stupid decision and backed it up with a stupid response. I said nothing about the death toll, so I'm not sure why you brought it up to me specifically.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 16:01:37
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

?

I was focused on the Q&A, I don't speak for Kireek. They made a stupid decision and backed it up with a stupid response. I said nothing about the death toll, so I'm not sure why you brought it up to me specifically.

If they didn't have the money, and no one has died as a result of their decision, it wasn't stupid. And since they don't currently have a ventilator shortage, its safe to say no one has died. Not very hard.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 16:02:11
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
You would miss me if I wasn't here, you wouldn't have anyone to argue with.

Oh sure I would, they would just be smarter people. You are clearly on borrowed time anyway since Rooks came down on you once already.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-28 16:09:49
Link | Citer | R

?

If they didn't have the money, and no one has died as a result of their decision, it wasn't stupid. And since they don't currently have a ventilator shortage, its safe to say no one has died. Not very hard.

In other words, it's only stupid to not prepare for a crisis if one never hits? So if they do end up getting overwhelmed one day as a result of their decision, is it stupid then? I feel like this whole "stupidity is only applicable in hindsight" thing is a pretty glaring logical fallacy.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-28 16:23:04
Link | Citer | R

Occasionally I try to soften myself up and cut back on the team politics tribalism for the sake of having more productive arguments in here, but most people don't even want to try because it would take them out of their comfort zone. "We're good, they're bad" is just too easy, so why bother, right? Vic admits he's lazy, so maybe that's the driver for the pure partisanship.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 16:27:26
Link | Citer | R

Occasionally I try to soften myself up and cut back on the team politics tribalism for the sake of having more productive arguments in here, but most people don't even want to try because it would take them out of their comfort zone. "We're good, they're bad" is just too easy, so why bother, right? Vic admits he's lazy, so maybe that's the driver for the pure partisanship.

Nice try, but you are just enabling his trolling while not making any points. There is no reason for one state to purchase mass quantities of medical supplies if it doesn't need them. There is no such thing as pandemic that just hits one state and ignored the others. This is a federal level crisis, the virus has hit all 50 states, and the federal gov't needs to do more.
By Viciouss 2020-03-28 16:27:44
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
He is the most boneheaded partisan human being I've ever seen in my life, and I've posted on reddits politics sub.

Awwwwwwwww
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-28 16:31:01
Link | Citer | R

Nice try, but you are just enabling his trolling while not making any points. There is no reason for one state to purchase mass quantities of medical supplies if it doesn't need them. There is no such thing as pandemic that just hits one state and ignored the others. This is a federal level crisis, the virus has hit all 50 states, and the federal gov't needs to do more.

Um, if they're requesting more from the feds, then it stands to reason that they did need to purchase more. The federal government isn't any more responsible for shortages than the states are.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 142 143 144