Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 15 16 17
By Spaitin 2020-12-07 18:59:38
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
do you have a quote where i never said that?
Rofl I just spit out my water.
I want you to take a minute and think about how stupid that question is lol.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-12-07 19:01:02
Link | Citer | R

Spaitin said: »
Rofl I just spit out my water.
I want you to take a minute and think about how stupid that question is lol.
so you don't have one. got it. but i guess it's fine for you to ask for a quote especially out of context.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-12-07 19:03:40
Link | Citer | R

it was about the usefulness of subtle blow
Which everyone said can be useful. Even Malakef said it was useful, they just preferred to use mnks roll instead of switching sets... lol
and yet you still think that's why i'm arguing with you. i'm arguing with your point about subtle blow being "about the same" safety as just zerging.
By Spaitin 2020-12-07 19:04:07
Link | Citer | R

so you don't have one. got it. but i guess it's fine for you to ask for a quote especially out of context.
Wait, you don't understand how your sentence is odd?

"do you have a quote where i never said that?" Is English your second language or something?

Do you really not see the problems with that? I think you just have reading comprehension issues and a giant ego. Nobody is really even making a hard disagreement.
By Aricomfy 2020-12-07 19:04:31
Link | Citer | R

This entire argument is idiotic at its core because it started based on saying "I can do this without WAR, so remove WAR, WAR isn't needed, my way without WAR is better" in a thread about discussing equipment and strategies for WARRIORS to utilize. How disingenuous can you get?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-12-07 19:06:51
Link | Citer | R

Aricomfy said: »
This entire argument is idiotic at its core because it started based on saying "I can do this without WAR, so remove WAR, WAR isn't needed, my way without WAR is better" in a thread about discussing equipment and strategies for WARRIORS to utilize. How disingenuous can you get?
i'm sorry you're butt devastated by the joke that content can be cleared without warrior in a satire response about clearing content without subtle blow. spaitin just can't figure out his own argument and just wants to be insulting at this point.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-12-07 19:08:05
Link | Citer | R

Wait, you don't understand how your sentence is odd?

"do you have a quote where i neversaid that?" Is English your second language or something?

Do you really not see the problems with that?
is it yours? I'm asking you to provide a quote where i did not say subtle blow was safer. as in "I never said subtle blow was not safer, can you provide a quote of it?
By Spaitin 2020-12-07 19:08:08
Link | Citer | R

i'm sorry you're butt devastated by the joke that content can be cleared without warrior in a satire response about clearing content without subtle blow. spaitin just can't figure out his own argument and just wants to be insulting at this point.
welp, we definitely know you don't have the ability to pull off satire lol.

Okay. you don't see the issue. That is sad.
I'm asking you to provide a quote where i did not say subtle blow was safer. as in "I never said subtle blow was not safer, can you provide a quote of it?
I mean... We have all always known that you think SB is safer. That isn't disputed. You used to say that I thought zerging was safer. Which is false. Lol That isn't what you were talking about.
So you are no longer saying that I think zerging is safer and easier? I mean just last page I already quoted you saying that I thought zerging was safer.

What you should have been trying to say is "I never made an aruement BESIDES that SB is safer"

If you weren't trying to do that, then there is no hope for you.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-12-07 19:15:00
Link | Citer | R

welp, we definitely know you don't have the ability to pull off satire lol.

Okay. you don't see the issue. That is sad.
Okay, I'll break it down for you then.

I said:

i'm arguing they aren't the same in terms of safety, which you don't seem to get.

Then you said:

You sure? You might want to read back a few pages lol

So I asked for a quote asking where I never said they weren't the same in terms of safety here:

You clearly couldn't and are now trying to be insulting.

The only issue I see is how you can't keep up with your own argument.
By Aricomfy 2020-12-07 19:16:22
Link | Citer | R

spaitin just can't figure out his own argument

And what exactly is yours again..?
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-12-07 19:17:18
Link | Citer | R

but the say zerging is safer and easier when it isn't.
Okay... so you are saying I am saying it is safer and easier. I am not. But you cant read apparently.
I personally don't think the SB method is safer and easier. I would say it is about the same.
Okay... so you are saying I am saying it is safer and easier. I am not. It has been clarified like 4 times. But you cant read apparently, which happens while drunk. So, you make a drunk attempt to change the subject again.

I actually really like your insights. Come back when you sober up.
Are you positive you arnt drunk.

If you were trying to point out why SB is safer than zerging, you would say things promoting SB and nay saying zerging. But you arn't. So that isn't your arguement.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-12-07 19:20:26
Link | Citer | R

subtle blow is useful. safer and easier than zerging.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-12-07 19:21:42
Link | Citer | R

Okay... so you are saying I am saying it is safer and easier. I am not. But you cant read apparently.
I personally don't think the SB method is safer and easier. I would say it is about the same.
Okay... so you are saying I am saying it is safer and easier. I am not. It has been clarified like 4 times. But you cant read apparently, which happens while drunk. So, you make a drunk attempt to change the subject again.

I actually really like your insights. Come back when you sober up.
Are you positive you arnt drunk.

If you were trying to point out why SB is safer than zerging, you would say things promoting SB and nay saying zerging. But you arn't. So that isn't your arguement.
considerably less tp moves and a larger window between them, what the else do you need to know about it?
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-12-07 19:25:47
Link | Citer | R

To help you out, we will start from this post.

I disagree. I don't think drawing fights out in time is any safer than zerging past the mechanics in 20 seconds. Particularly in fights like Schah.

On every fight, there is an easy way to ignore the TP moves besides SB. That is why I disagree with your SB idea being safer. Bolster Vex/Attunement/Barspells and I can't even remember the last time a bad enfeeble ruined a run. You are not the only one with close to 100% success on your fights.

As far as easier, I thinking beating something in 20-60 seconds is less effort than spending a couple minutes killing something. If you think more time to accomplish the same goal is easier. THen idk if we can argue lol. Cuz I don't

You are actually trying to argue a subjective point as if it were an undisputable fact. Your idea of "Safer and Easier" is not the same as everyone elses. Many people think sam/mnk/drg/drg/war is far superior to mnk/war/sam/drg/drk for most fights and they have good arguments. They all have good points.

As far as SB being useful. That was never up for debate.
You changed the goal posts though with the
'if i wasn't "over geared"'
I rebuked that arguement with the fact that you don't need to be nearly as geared as I am to do the fights the way I think is easiest.

I also contend that SB is more useful in certain fights and not much of a benefit in others. I would further argue that most fights arn't dangerous so making them safe is a waste of time.

More than anything, SB fights are super boring to me. To make them work well you basically have to have 1 DD doing all the fun stuff with everyone else sitting there. Full on zergs are way more fun, you get everyone involved. Bards and cors didn't make the BIS TP/WS set to watch someone else have fun
[+]
By Aricomfy 2020-12-07 19:26:09
Link | Citer | R

That's exactly what the entire thread was already saying though. Why is there even an argument at all? Before this all started, people were discussing whether or not one approach to subtle blow was better than another in regards to Store TP and Multi Attack. Nobody said it wasn't safer to just zerg, only that it potentially COULD be depending on the fight. That's what this thread is about. Theorizing on what gear would be the most optimal to use for every single situation. You can't get all pissy if someone suggests it could be theoretically possible that zerging outperforms subtle blow builds in some scenarios. The only difference would be time elapsed between the two tests from start to finish of the fight and some fights absolutely go smoother just flooring an enemy's HP as fast as possible.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-12-07 19:47:44
Link | Citer | R

war sucks anyways
By Aricomfy 2020-12-07 19:55:38
Link | Citer | R

Here's a good example. Alexander HTBF is where Subtle Blow shines. You do not want TP moves. Period. They ruin your life in that fight. Pulling off good consistent damage is still very possible using Subtle Blow builds on Warrior and IS safer than just unga bungaing it for fights like these.

Yakshi on the other hand, you want it dead the second it pops to completely avoid getting Doomed. The faster it dies, the safer you are. It does poor damage otherwise and is very possible to loincloth it up the entire duration of the fight. Which probably will last 5 seconds.
By Spaitin 2020-12-07 20:01:30
Link | Citer | R

Alexander HTBF is where Subtle Blow shines.
I actually don't use SB on alex. I just make sure I don't use anything to enfeeble him and he dies easily.

Those are great arguments Austar should have been making lol.

war sucks anyways
Lol. Very intelligent arguement.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-12-07 20:03:01
Link | Citer | R

Yakshi on the other hand, you want it dead the second it pops to completely avoid getting Doomed. The faster it dies, the safer you are. It does poor damage otherwise and is very possible to loincloth it up the entire duration of the fight. Which probably will last 5 seconds.
why not both, not like SB is only allowed to be equipped when you aren't zerging.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-12-07 20:05:56
Link | Citer | R

Those are great arguments Austar should have been making lol
where were your arguments?

Lol. Very intelligent arguement.
well it's true, there is no situation war stands out. smn zergs better and is safer at the same time.
By Spaitin 2020-12-07 20:06:46
Link | Citer | R

why not both, not like SB is only allowed to be equipped when you aren't zerging.
Hence the original argument to just use Mnks roll and keep the good TP set that was made 3 pages ago. Although, yakshi I would much rather use fighters roll to kill him faster since the mnks roll doesnt add anything to the fight.

well it's true, there is no situation war stands out. smn zergs better and is safer at the same time.
I dissagree. I have more consistent wins while being faster using war centered approaches than SMN builds.

Particularly on fights like Schah, Onychophora, Erynys, Zerde, Albumen. Vini I think SMN is probably a touch better. Both can do it effortlessly. Teles idk. That is a really easy fight with a lot of builds. Wrong thread, But I think smn could use a buff, It doesnt get much use outside of help zergs and buff battery on alliance fights. But wrong thread.

Again, subjective argument you seem to think of as a fact.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-12-07 20:11:36
Link | Citer | R

subjective argument you seem to think of as a fact
comparable damage if not more, less support required, safety of range. what there isn't a fact?

maybe you play with smns that don't know how to time right.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-12-07 20:11:57
Link | Citer | R

Get back on topic.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-12-07 20:13:29
Link | Citer | R

maybe you play with smns war that don't know how to time right.
By Aricomfy 2020-12-07 20:18:38
Link | Citer | R

I actually don't use SB on alex.

I don't either (lol) I just use a Hybrid set, but thought it was worth mentioning that it's a viable approach to that fight.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-12-07 20:21:27
Link | Citer | R

I don't either (lol) I just use a Hybrid set, but thought it was worth mentioning that it's a viable approach to that fight.
Fencer works really well for that fight with naegling.
[+]
By Aricomfy 2020-12-07 20:24:29
Link | Citer | R

Fencer works really well for that fight with naegling.

Yep, that's exactly what I use. Sanguine Blade is an absolutely life saving WS to have access to for that fight on warrior.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2020-12-07 20:25:46
Link | Citer | R

Because they are mutually exclusive strategies, Spaitin highlights why.

More than anything, SB fights are super boring to me. To make them work well you basically have to have 1 DD doing all the fun stuff with everyone else sitting there. Full on zergs are way more fun, you get everyone involved. Bards and cors didn't make the BIS TP/WS set to watch someone else have fun

FFXI developers were not very creative with monster AI, they all follow the same basic script with minor adjustments.

If HP > 25% and TP = 3000 Ready TP Move
Else Start Casting Spell

Insert a 2~3 second delay after either the spell or the TP move goes off and we get a patter of TP Move -> Spell -> TP Move with a few attacks thrown in-between making the boss do a TP move every 9 seconds or so. If it casts a super fast spell like diaga / flash then it might get one off in 7 seconds but that's pretty much the limit. How much TP do 2-4 people beating on a monster feed in that 7-9 second window? Unless we're using MNK's with capped SBII then it's several thousand and monsters can only have 3K TP.

EX:
Firaga IV <2-4 seconds to cast>
<wait 3 seconds>
Move of Doom <2-3 seconds to charge>
<wait 2 seconds>
Regular Attack
Silencega <1-2 seconds to cast>
<wait 3 seconds>
Another move of Doom <2-3 seconds to charge>
<wait 2 seconds>

What zerging does is feed so much TP that due to all the global cooldowns boss's simply can't use it. It can only use 3K once every 7-9 seconds and we'r feeding it ~6K. Everyone capping Subtle Blow will just feed it ~3K in the exact same time period resulting in no real reduction but a longer fight if sacrifices were made. Also this is why it's very bad to silence NM's and why addling them is amazing. We want them casting as much as possible, the most they cast the more TP overflow they end up getting.

For the topic, this is why Subtle Blow on Warrior isn't such a big deal. Works if soloing with your own army of mules, not so useful when our other DD and / or our COR and BRD buddies join in the fun.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 15 16 17