Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17
By Taint 2021-02-06 09:11:59
Link | Citer | R

TP bonus Axe offhand worth the trials?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-06 09:20:08
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Short answer: Yes.
[+]
By Taint 2021-02-06 10:45:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Short answer: Yes.

Thanks! I didn't see it on the main page and thought I was missing something. About to R15 Farsha for fun.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
Serveur: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-02-06 14:54:27
Link | Citer | R

R15 Farsha is so much fun! Only thing I don't love about it is AM3 maintenance in content where there's periods of dead time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Caius
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Lavid
By Cerberus.Caius 2021-02-06 15:21:51
Link | Citer | R

I dont have Farsha currently, though itd be nice to have eventually. But I made the TP Bonus axe but rarely find myself using it these days. Seems anything that can be done with the axe can be done with the Blurred shield +1, its a low dmg axe with low acc so its not bringing much other than the TP bonus.

Correct me if my math is wrong, but

Fencer V - 500 TP bonus, +10% crit rate
+1 Fencer on shield - 50 TP bonus, 1% crit
JSE neck - 50 TP bonus 1% crit
Job points - 230 TP bonus

Thats 830 TP bonus, obv JSE neck may or may not be used in TP or WS. Moonshade is another 250 TP bonus. so 1030 min TP bonus on WS with moonshade, not withstanding the crit bonus. The crit bonus along with AM3 is going to benefit a lot more too in both TP and WS phases.

So yeah you may get a bit extra tp bonus from axe but i tend to like the shield a lot more, more def never hurts too :p

my 2 cents lol
By Taint 2021-02-06 15:32:31
Link | Citer | R

What are you subbing for single wield? /DRG?

/NIN can cap delay fairly easy while single axle requires a dancer.

That TP bonus is pretty insane though!
 Cerberus.Caius
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Lavid
By Cerberus.Caius 2021-02-06 16:15:23
Link | Citer | R

I probably do fall short on the potential for what im subbing. I tend to play around a lot on war lol i swap between weapons just to have some fun so im either /sam or /nin. I dont think our LS has a single DNC in it so i may not have the best answer for that.
By SimonSes 2021-02-06 17:10:48
Link | Citer | R

What are you subbing for single wield? /DRG?

/NIN can cap delay fairly easy while single axle requires a dancer.

That TP bonus is pretty insane though!

While it's generally feel like fencer build without dnc is much slower, it doesn't mean as much as you think in this specific scenario, because of several reasons:
1. While 80% reduction is 63% faster than 68.75% reduction, Tp gain is only like 10% faster (assuming tp bonus having 95% accuracy). That's because single wielding doesn't have tp reduction like dual wield.
2. White damage during AM3 is higher on Fencer build even that delay reduction is much worse.
3. Fencer build is much more flexible, because you don't need top acc sets to cap acc with non ilvl offhand.
4. You actually have option to go /dnc. Even gimped 5% haste samba will increase your speed by 19% and make Fencer build better in every aspect.
5. Offhand provides nothing more than 1000tp, which normally is huge, but for WAR that's countered with TP bonus from Fencer and 7% WSD from blurred shield.

I'm not gonna even talk about scenario with haste samba from main DNC, because then Fencer build is significantly ahead (even that you still won't cap 80% delay).
[+]
By Spaitin 2021-02-07 16:00:02
Link | Citer | R

Retaliation also works much better for fencer builds than for DW builds. Get a higher retaliation rate with a higher TP per retaliation.

I always found that if both are tanking. fencer and DW are neck and neck. With haste samba at 5% potency then Fencer wins by a decent chunk. With 10% haste samba it wins massively.

Fencer also has our highest potential DPS with a couple of crazy set ups.
[+]
By Kikomizuhara 2021-02-07 20:17:17
Link | Citer | R

Yeah my go-to for solo odyssey (segment) farming setup is farsha fencer self SCing darkness with cloudsplitter since it keeps AM3 up without having to think about it. Quite fun XD
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-02-10 21:15:16
Link | Citer | R

I didn't see on main page. Does anyone have any Xoanon numbers on war? Seeing if it can do numbers near club WS.
 Siren.Kyten
Serveur: Siren
user: Kyten
By Siren.Kyten 2021-03-07 21:21:06
Link | Citer | R

How does the new odyssey gear fit into some of these sets?
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-08 00:08:40
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyten said: »
How does the new odyssey gear fit into some of these sets?

Still best for Hybrid, so it depends what you're doing. If you're going to be taking heavy damage they can save your life.

Edit: Idk how well it works regarding TP/WS sets.
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-09 02:11:40
Link | Citer | R

So wars are now opting for fencer builds over dual wielding such things as the following in off hand?

I have to imagine when using Decimation via Dolichenus that using Reikiko in the offhand is preferred due to how Decimation scales with TP.
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 03:01:14
Link | Citer | R

If you DW Doli, you want to use Sangarius R15.
DW is not even an option for Gaol tho, because you can't use sub job.
[+]
By Wyrmnax 2021-03-12 08:35:30
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »
So wars are now opting for fencer builds over dual wielding such things as the following in off hand?

I have to imagine when using Decimation via Dolichenus that using Reikiko in the offhand is preferred due to how Decimation scales with TP.

Sanguarius +1 on the offhand. Reikiko became trash.

And even before augments, Zantetsuken was probably better than Reikiko....
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2021-03-12 11:04:17
Link | Citer | R

Zantetsuken offhand is very solid too. Don't know if anyone has actually worked out if the 25% from 5/5 sakpata + sailfi belt is actually capped gear haste or not (?). But if it's not that seems like a pretty good option for cappping haste.

EDIT: for DW Dolichenus that is.
 Leviathan.Eloc
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Eloc
By Leviathan.Eloc 2021-03-14 13:06:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chendar said: »
Don't know if anyone has actually worked out if the 25% from 5/5 sakpata + sailfi belt is actually capped gear haste or not (?)

It is. 30ish gear haste and +8 Fast Cast, Dread Spikes: 2:09 recast
5/5 Sakpata and Sailfi Belt: 2:09 Recast
5/5 Sakpata and Ioskeha +1: 2:11 recast

EDIT: Using the Nyame 5/5 and Goading Belt is also capped gear haste, if anyone wanted to know that one too.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-03-14 14:36:43
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Eloc said: »
Asura.Chendar said: »
Don't know if anyone has actually worked out if the 25% from 5/5 sakpata + sailfi belt is actually capped gear haste or not (?)

It is. 30ish gear haste and +8 Fast Cast, Dread Spikes: 2:09 recast
5/5 Sakpata and Sailfi Belt: 2:09 Recast
5/5 Sakpata and Ioskeha +1: 2:11 recast

EDIT: Using the Nyame 5/5 and Goading Belt is also capped gear haste, if anyone wanted to know that one too.

Nice! That opens up some options for TP sets, then.
By Wyrmnax 2021-03-14 16:35:23
Link | Citer | R

Can Cloudsplitter get to great numbers?

I see the potential - has almost the same ftp as Leaden - But mines do 10kish on a unbuffed situation where Savage Blade will be doing 30ish. So there is a lot of ground to cover there.

I wonder if I should go through all the trouble to random augment a bunch of odyssean gear for it.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-03-14 16:43:08
Link | Citer | R

Wyrmnax said: »
Can Cloudsplitter get to great numbers?

I see the potential - has almost the same ftp as Leaden - But mines do 10kish on a unbuffed situation where Savage Blade will be doing 30ish. So there is a lot of ground to cover there.

I wonder if I should go through all the trouble to random augment a bunch of odyssean gear for it.

One of the biggest problems is Cloudsplitter isn't a mythic WS, so you aren't going to get that nearly 50% boost from having the R15 Mythic tied to the WS like Leaden and Trueflight have. Also no affinity gear outside of Orpheus Sash (like Pixie Hairpin and Weatherspoon/Archon Ring).
By Nariont 2021-03-14 16:51:18
Link | Citer | R

the other problem, and this applied to bst too, was macc was typically lacking on higher content, wheras your other jobs had a good deal more in their sets. Id save yourself some trouble and just try and get a hold of the nyame set, since it has roughly the same mab, maybe more than odyssean, while also sporting higher macc, and if you happen to aug it down the ws path thatll cover you easily there too
By Kikomizuhara 2021-03-14 22:08:38
Link | Citer | R

It can get to 40kish with buffs and can go a lot higher on mobs weak to thunder like Zerde(60-99k). Has no Dstat unlike the strong magic WS.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [108 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Khelder
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jorel85
By Bahamut.Khelder 2021-07-01 02:02:19
Link | Citer | R

I have been trying to gauge my TP and WS sets for WAR since getting the Sakpata's gear set. The changes to my TP set seemed pretty straight forward, however I am open to feedback about my TP set.
With WS sets I feel like it's less clear what to use for WS's.

In capped ATK situations for a Multi-hit WS (Upheaval, Decimation, Resolution, etc.) the general consensus, from what I've read, is Full Sakpata set for WS'ing.

Where I'd like some feedback is for Single hit WS's like Savage Blade, Mistral Axe and Calamity. And uncapped Atk situations.

When does Sakpata's gear take priority over WSD gear? Thoughts?

ItemSet 380527

ItemSet 380528
Odyssean hands +4 WSd +10 STR 13 acc 10 atk
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-07-01 07:45:57
Link | Citer | R

Someone send up the Spaitin-signal!

There is a new guide coming soon :P
[+]
By Spaitin 2021-07-04 15:46:30
Link | Citer | R

sorry, been lazy. Have not been working on it. I am spending some time right now lol.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Luciennyx
Serveur: Siren
user: xShikarix
By Siren.Luciennyx 2021-08-11 09:18:51
Link | Citer | R

Where does sakpata fit in to any of this or is it situational?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-08-11 17:37:30
Link | Citer | R

I mean the gear is god tier defense / hybrid gear. I find myself living in 5/5 Sakpata fighting anything worth taking seriously.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2021-09-19 09:55:36
Link | Citer | R

is there any changes on impulse drive/stardiver for gear set?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-09-19 10:46:01
Link | Citer | R

Yes
Nyame for more WSD for impulse drive
Sakpata PDL for capped attack Stardiver

Edit: Coiste Bodhar R20 and Schere Earring for stardiver
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17