Block Those Stars!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Block those stars!
Block those stars!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-03-08 01:00:41
Link | Citer | R

https://github.com/Chiaia/Windower-4-Addons/tree/main/***

I've bumped to version 0.20 from 0.10. It now also supports by default to block Skill Up Pages spam from other users and will start supporting more like that in the future. I did change variable names from camelCase to snake_case since that's what we are going with for v5 and I like to keep constant. I'll also be adding commands and it'll start saving to a config file starting in the next update.

Also this will finally be getting added to the launcher. Once I release the next version that starts using the settings.xml I will give a 2 week period before adding it to the launcher so people have time to backup their custom black listed stuff and get it added into the settings file so this isn't a problem in the future.

Edit: By me adding it to the launcher even if you already have a copy you manually load it won't overwrite yours unless you click it on in the launcher. I just want word to spread so more people to know to backup.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-08 06:55:42
Link | Citer | R

It's about time it made it into the launcher.

I would still say it should be in the default list as an opt out instead of opt in. Just being more available doesn't really make it more available... no one looks at the launcher to see if new stuff is there.

More beneficial to have people ask why can't I see the bot shouts, as opposed to not knowing they could block the bot shouts.
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2021-03-08 08:21:09
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for putting out version 0.20, Chiaia!
Super minor note, there is an extra curly bracket on line 11 of the release that was keeping me from loading, you might want to fix that.
I know its super minor and anyone used to lua can immediately fix it themselves, but it would be nice for the less savvy folks out there.

For ease of locating the issue, its in this statement:
Code
local black_listed_users = T{'TotallyABotOne111111','TotallyABotTwo222222','TotallyABotThree333333',}} -- Want to block all messages from X user then added there name(s) here. 
[+]
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-03-08 10:59:19
Link | Citer | R

please add feature to block silt and bead pouches, for some reason they get past the game's filter.
[+]
By Masunasu 2021-03-08 11:06:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kusare said: »
please add feature to block silt and bead pouches, for some reason they get past the game's filter.

Add 6391 and 6392 to the black_listed_skill_pages list at line 17.
 Asura.Kusare
By Asura.Kusare 2021-03-08 11:10:18
Link | Citer | R

nice thanks!
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-03-08 16:51:49
Link | Citer | R

bumped to v.21 to remove that extra } that was stopping it from loading.
By seraphila 2021-03-10 19:33:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chiaia said: »
I'll also be adding commands and it'll start saving to a config file starting in the next update.
Please consider adding a block command. Something like:
Code
//fo b namehere
As far as I know this is the only working addon that can actually block other players. The "blist" addon that ships with Windower has been broken for a long time now.

***'s blocking works great, but I always have to manually edit ***.lua and then reload the addon. It's not a huge deal, but it would be a lot easier to have a dedicated command.
[+]
 Asura.Kusare
By Asura.Kusare 2021-03-10 20:42:22
Link | Citer | R

i am at a loss as to why some shouts get filtered and others do not. i use the unmodified new one in the link. jp shouts are blocked, but the aeonic clears are not and they should be based on the filters.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-10 22:29:02
Link | Citer | R

seraphila said: »
The "blist" addon that ships with Windower has been broken for a long time now.

It always has to load your list when you zone so you're so much more vulnerable now as we're constantly zoning these days.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [338 days between previous and next post]
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Bladerunnerr 2022-02-11 20:59:00
Link | Citer | R

It really ρ???єş me off that SE hasn't given us a customizable chat filter to block ALL RMT spam!!! It would be super easy for them to do, but they won't because then that ρ??? the RMT's off and SE values their business as well. >.<

I'd use Windower, but I don't like the way it makes the game look, and it removes the snap-to feature for your mouse arrow.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-02-11 21:26:32
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Bladerunnerr said: »
It really ρ???єş me off that SE hasn't given us a customizable chat filter to block ALL RMT spam!!! It would be super easy for them to do, but they won't because then that ρ??? the RMT's off and SE values their business as well. >.<

I'd use Windower, but I don't like the way it makes the game look, and it removes the snap-to feature for your mouse arrow.
I hear you loud and clear on that. I've been waiting several years now for someone to either port this addon from Windower to Ashita or make an Ashita specific version of this addon. I even went on the Ashita Discord and asked about it and no one really cared. It's a shame cause having to constantly blist all the RMT is hella annoying and turning off shouts entirely isn't always an option if you want to search for groups to do content with.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-02-11 22:19:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiehna said: »

I hear you loud and clear on that. I've been waiting several years now for someone to either port this addon from Windower to Ashita or make an Ashita specific version of this addon. I even went on the Ashita Discord and asked about it and no one really cared. It's a shame cause having to constantly blist all the RMT is hella annoying and turning off shouts entirely isn't always an option if you want to search for groups to do content with.

If you mean my *** addon for windower, at0mos ported it a long time ago.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-02-11 22:23:16
Link | Citer | R

If you mean my *** addon for windower, at0mos ported it a long time ago.
Really?! Do you happen to know where we can download it at? Cause I seriously have never found it anywhere, and I've tried searching online. Thank you for making the addon btw. It's extremely awesome and I have it installed on Windower, just want to also have it on Ashita. I even tried using the compatibility layer addon helper for Windower addons in Ashita but it won't work on this one since it requires the packets library.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-02-11 22:24:36
Link | Citer | R

I know you can find it in their discord doing some searchs.
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-02-11 22:27:35
Link | Citer | R

I know you can find it in their discord doing some searchs.
Okay thanks for the info and help, the last time I checked on their Discord I didn't have any luck finding it but that was at least a year or so back. I'll try searching there again and post back on here if I can find it.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-02-11 22:29:57
Link | Citer | R

Search *** in misc-addons-plugins channel top result. Sorry on mobile so can't get a direct link atm.
[+]
By Odin.Bladerunnerr 2022-02-11 22:36:14
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, you shouldn't have to turn off shouts or any other form of chat just to escape the RMT spam, and SE knows that but doesn't care. So, instead people have to look to 3rd party software to fix something that SE refuses to fix, and risk getting your account banned for violating SE terms of service. Years ago, I knew a person who used a small program that allowed you to create custom chat filters that blocked all chat had any of the words in it that you didn't wanna see. I never used it because I was afraid of getting my account banned, but he said it worked perfect. He never got /tells or seen shouts that he didn't want to see.
The black list option is gimped, and I think SE made it that way on purpose! #1, you can't use it if the individual isn't logged in, and #2, there's a limit on how many players/RMT's you can black list, I think the limit is 300 if I'm not mistaken. What I've noticed is that RMT's will shout and then log off right away before you can black list them, so that makes the black list option useless in that case. So, risk getting banned by using 3rd party tools or just suffer. >..>
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-02-11 23:17:23
Link | Citer | R

Search *** in misc-addons-plugins channel top result. Sorry on mobile so can't get a direct link atm.
Hell yes it's there! Thank you SO much Chiaia for making this addon, and also big Thanks to At0mos for porting it to Ashita. This is waaayyy better than constantly blisting stupid RMT! xD

Here is the Discord link to the zip file download in case anyone else wants it for Ashita: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/459539024047243264/776879332958011432/***.1.7z
Yeah, you shouldn't have to turn off shouts or any other form of chat just to escape the RMT spam, and SE knows that but doesn't care. So, instead people have to look to 3rd party software to fix something that SE refuses to fix, and risk getting your account banned for violating SE terms of service.
Yeah you're exactly right, SE basically won't take direct responsibility for the RMT *** spam. Using Blist is so annoying cause like you mentioned about the RMT will log off quickly, prolly to avoid the blisting and such. The Blist 300 player limit is also dumb, I honestly don't see why they can't just make it like a 10,000 limit or something. I don't think that would affect the game limitations since it's just a character name list.
By Odin.Bladerunnerr 2022-02-12 00:42:44
Link | Citer | R

I don't think that would affect the game limitations since it's just a character name list.

If the blacklist is a simple text file or something similar then it shouldn't be an issue at all. I don't know, SE is just annul that way. :/
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-02-12 01:01:41
Link | Citer | R

I don't think that would affect the game limitations since it's just a character name list.

If the blacklist is a simple text file or something similar then it shouldn't be an issue at all. I don't know, SE is just annul that way. :/
Yeah honestly it shouldn't be much of an issue for them to expand it. Originally it was only 100 limit and they bumped it up to 300 not that long ago. Btw I tested out Chiaia/At0mos' addon in game with Ashita just a bit ago. It works great, I did a before and after test, there was RMT spamming like crazy before activating it.

After I turned it on I sat idle for a bit in town and haven't seen any RMT spam for like at least 15 minutes! So if you want the Ashita version, grab that zip file off the link I posted above and install it! =D Or if you need the Windower version, here's the link to Chiaia's Github that has the zip file:
https://github.com/Chiaia/Windower-4-Addons/tree/main/***

You might need to add more keywords to the .lua file to make it work optimally though. Also I added Odoro (cause he's a douchebag) and a couple other well known RMT/Job Point sellers to the player list in the file.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-02-12 03:10:29
Link | Citer | R

SE's blacklist and RMT chat filter, we didn't always have this they added in many years later, are both client side. So the messages make it to you but the client won't show them, actually you sometimes do right after zoning before it takes effect. Anyone using Ashita/Windower can see.

SE hasn't updated their RMT chat filters in 7+ years though(probably more like 12+ tbh), it's to easy to bypass and no one wants a daily update. While it's not a raw .txt it might as well be, it has very basic "encryption", I use that term very loosely for anyone that knows anything.
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-02-12 11:01:31
Link | Citer | R

SE could sell stars so...1€ month fees u could have star ...just thinkin chill mfers
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-02-12 14:35:33
Link | Citer | R

SE's blacklist and RMT chat filter, we didn't always have this they added in many years later, are both client side. So the messages make it to you but the client won't show them, actually you sometimes do right after zoning before it takes effect. Anyone using Ashita/Windower can see.

SE hasn't updated their RMT chat filters in 7+ years though(probably more like 12+ tbh), it's to easy to bypass and no one wants a daily update. While it's not a raw .txt it might as well be, it has very basic "encryption", I use that term very loosely for anyone that knows anything.
Yeah I've noticed many times the same RMT that I had Blisted before installing your addon would always show up for like a minute each time I zoned in towns before the Blist would activate during each zone loading segment.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Demetreos
Serveur: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2022-03-31 18:49:48
Link | Citer | R

I cannot get this guy out of my yells. FO seems to be working fine for pretty much anyone selling ML/JP/PL'ing, but not this.

Any recommendation on what to add to get rid?
 Bahamut.Leonero
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Leonero
By Bahamut.Leonero 2022-04-01 02:46:16
Link | Citer | R

Just chat filter him based on the root of his name variations or by a string match of "pon 3zones Full clear"
 Phoenix.Godofwars
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Godofwars 2022-04-01 14:16:15
Link | Citer | R

so the link is down anyone can post other link for me please thank you
By Shichishito 2022-04-01 15:05:44
Link | Citer | R

other link.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-25 07:25:43
Link | Citer | R

Dood posted about adding a word blacklist, instead of the failed system of blacklisting characters that just rotate every week.

Give it a like! (it's meaningless but do it anyway!)

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59408-%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%80%8C%E3%83%AF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%80%8D%E6%A9%9F%E8%83%BD%E3%82%92%E5%AE%9F%E8%A3%85%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E3%81%BB%E3%81%97%E3%81%84%E3%81%A7%E3%81%99

It just says blacklist feature sucks
Quote:
I want you to implement the black "word" function

Asura's spam / yell is too terrible, so I'd like you to implement a black "word" feature. You may be told,

"There is a blacklist function, so please handle it." But if so, please increase the maximum number of blacklist registrations from the current 300 to 10,000. I have registered spam character names from one end, but soon it reaches 300 and registration fails. You may be told, "Please delete everything and re-register," but if you really want to say that word to Asura resident players, I'd like you to officially declare it, so I'll post it. bottom. With the black "word" function, "Would you like to buy it" , "Would you like to buy it" , "/ 500p" , and "PL" ? You should be able to avoid seeing spam just by registering these four. ..
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8