Block Those Stars!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Block those stars!
Block those stars!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-25 05:23:55
Link | Citer | R

It'll turn into an arms race. They make something new, we block it. They change it, we block it. They change it again, we block it.

500p
1-99

Gone!
By kishr 2019-08-25 05:36:19
Link | Citer | R

Great work @Masunasu!
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-08-25 05:44:28
Link | Citer | R

Just a heads up something like this is already in the works. I got pissed last Tuesday at all the RMT shouts so I started working on one that'll be added to the launcher. I guess none of you guys are in the Windower discord or missed it.

For now though glad someone got something out.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-25 06:36:36
Link | Citer | R

This could become a true blacklist (and True Blacklist isn't a bad name for an official addon) because you can add people's names. I friggin' hate when you zone (and I zone a lot because I'm always on the move and not standing around in town) and the blacklist doesn't load fast enough. Then, someone you have blacklisted gets a yell through. Then, my instincts kick in and I try to blacklist names that I already have blacklisted. The zoning crap just loads too slowly and RMT spam too often.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-08-25 06:47:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
This could become a true blacklist (and True Blacklist isn't a bad name for an official addon) because you can add people's names. I friggin' hate when you zone (and I zone a lot because I'm always on the move and not standing around in town) and the blacklist doesn't load fast enough. Then, someone you have blacklisted gets a yell through. Then, my instincts kick in and I try to blacklist names that I already have blacklisted. The zoning crap just loads too slowly and RMT spam too often.
There is a black list addon since 2013 called blist sitting in the launcher. I actually thought about updating that one for the RMT stuff too. ATM I decided to make it separate but I still may just add it into the blist addon once I finish.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-25 06:57:27
Link | Citer | R

Probably doesn't have anything to do with the "Spam Filter: Failed to update - BAD DATA" message I see for a moment every time I start the game. I was originally thinking all the RMT stuff I was seeing had something to do with that. Anyhoo, that's kind of headed off topic. Glad this simple fix works for what I was hoping for. I'm a little nervous when whatever you're working on goes official and RMT and JP selling bots will adjust. Oh well. Such is the nature of the beast.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-25 07:32:11
Link | Citer | R

"1-99" Blocks everything that says just 99 btw, not totally sure why

It also doesn't block "1" or "-"

I bought 399 prize powders and it was blocked from chat lol, so if you bought like a stack of 99 arrows, you wouldn't see it... and possibly any and all combinations of 99k 99xx and x99 damage from melee/magic/ws

If you manually try to buy x99 prize powder, you freeze the game, definitely a no-no
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-08-25 07:53:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
"1-99" Blocks everything that says just 99 btw, not totally sure why
Code
1%-99

- has a meaning in patterns (magical character) and you need to escape it. unlike most everything else that uses \ to escape in lua, magical characters use %
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-25 08:04:32
Link | Citer | R

1%-99 looks like it works, appreciate it
By Artsncrafts 2019-08-25 08:19:08
Link | Citer | R

legit, please dont blist half the server for using the wrong word tho.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-25 08:27:07
Link | Citer | R

If I could block literally every single yell that isn't ambuscade/htb/omen/AMAN I would.

All the *** the idiots shout about is going bye-bye

Don't care about your "new linkshell!" "I'm new I need a linkshell!" "ballista" "I need vagary" "I just server jumped from" "Buy dynamis clear?"
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-25 08:35:10
Link | Citer | R

It's this sort of stuff we're trying to solve on our end. If you don't opt in to adding this manually, it doesn't affect you. When it gets added to vanilla windower as an add-on, I'm sure you will be able to adjust what you want filtered.

It's... bad. This is a screenshot of a random 3 minutes and 20 seconds of Asura yelling (and this is even when I have people, that I know are also yelling, blacklisted like Uuux and Winsmom who both yell selling JP).

"ballista"

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By kishr 2019-08-25 10:52:09
Link | Citer | R

Updated my post with the code on bottom of page 1.
Its a bit simpler, and added a bunch of rmt and spam words.
By Masunasu 2019-08-25 11:12:21
Link | Citer | R

My 2 seconds of checking says that omode 2 should block shouts and 3 should block yells, could be wrong though.

So you can add (omode == 2 or omode == 3) as an additional logic layer to get your beloved King of Hearts back (but in all serious probably a good idea in general so you don't run into unintended issues like Eiryl's prize powder)
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-25 11:57:48
Link | Citer | R

Masunasu said: »
My 2 seconds of checking says that omode 2 should block shouts and 3 should block yells, could be wrong though.

So you can add (omode == 2 or omode == 3) as an additional logic layer to get your beloved King of Hearts back (but in all serious probably a good idea in general so you don't run into unintended issues like Eiryl's prize powder)

Yep. Ended up finding a star issue in a place I had forgotten about.

The removal of stars was going fine and dandy until I went to check my Monster Rearing in Mog Garden today. Of course, King of Hearts blathering can be ignored, but sadly, the monsters growth level is shown by both empty and full stars. When feeding and petting my animal, things were okay. When I went to check the growth rate, the game ended up hanging on me; locking me into being unable to be released from the interact. Womp womp.

The obvious work-around is to not check the growth rate with this active. Only a few monsters need their growth checked when they start requiring expensive foods to evolve though. Otherwise, as long as you're taking care of them, they're always growing and they will evolve when they feel like it when conditions are met, the right food is applied, and the RNG decides they evolved.

Edit: I guess I'll go back to allowing stars. I'll simply block terms RMT use like "code" and "HOT2019". I'll see what gets through then and adjust accordingly.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-25 12:06:59
Link | Citer | R

If you do a byte comparison on the text portion of the incoming chat packet, instead of looking at incoming text, you can guarantee that you only block chat and don't interfere with anything else.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-08-25 12:24:39
Link | Citer | R

Here's a quick and dirty addon that's more like Masunasu's but actually only checks the incoming chat packet, has some modes added, and is easier to add other strings.
Code
_addon.name = '***'
_addon.version = '0.10'
_addon.author = 'Chiaia (Asura)'
_addon.commands = {'***','fo'} --Won't do anything atm.

packets = require('packets')

local blackListedUsers = T{'TotallyABotOne','TotallyABotTwo','TotallyABotThree',} -- Want to block all messages from X user then added there name(s) here.

-- I could do a general digit check on JP instead of set 500/2100 values but atm I feel it's not needed. Will see if they change thier tactics.
-- If you want to learn more about "Magical Characters" or Patterns in Lua: https://riptutorial.com/lua/example/20315/lua-pattern-matching
local blackListedWords = T{string.char(0x81,0x99),string.char(0x81,0x9A),'1%-99','Job Point.*2100','Job Point.*500','JP.*2100','JP.*500','Capacity Point.*2100','Capacity Point.*500','CP.*2100','CP.*500',} -- First two are '☆' and '★' symbols.

windower.register_event('incoming chunk', function(id,data)
    if id == 0x017 then -- 0x017 Is incoming chat.
        local chat = packets.parse('incoming', data)
        local cleaned = windower.convert_auto_trans(chat['Message']):lower()

if blackListedUsers:contains(chat['Sender Name']) then -- Blocks any message from X user in any chat mode.
            return true
        elseif (chat['Mode'] == 3 or chat['Mode'] == 1 or chat['Mode'] == 26) then -- RMT checks in tell, shouts, and yells. Years ago they use to use tells to be more stealthy about gil selling.
            for k,v in ipairs(blackListedWords) do
                if cleaned:match(v:lower()) then
                    return true
                end
            end
        end
    end
end)
[+]
By Masunasu 2019-08-25 13:03:55
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for refining, I hate releasing stuff I write to the general public since I usually just do it quick and dirty enough to cover my specific needs vs. apply to general cases (especially in this case since I'm not on Asura/not particularly bothered by yells).
[+]
By kishr 2019-08-25 18:48:24
Link | Citer | R

a yell with stars went through.
★address.c0m★
because there were no spaces before and after the stars?

Quote:
'★',
'★,',
i added that to the blackListedWords, it seemed to stop it.

Quote:
local blackListedWords = T{string.char(0x81,0x99),string.char(0x81,0x9A),
'1%-99',
'Job Point.*2100',
'Job Point.*500',
'JP.*2100',
'JP.*500',
'Capacity Point.*2100',
'Capacity Point.*500',
'CP.*2100',
'CP.*500',
'alexandrite',
'igxe',
'ballista',
'in pool',
'PL',
'★',
'★,',
}

using this for my blackListedWords, seems fine for past hour.

not sure if this too much a hassle to add in but,
to make this only active in /yell areas, could possibly add something like this.

Quote:
if
world.area:contains("Adoulin", "Norg")
then
send_command('lua l luaname')

Quote:
if
world.area:contains("Ronfaure", "Altepa")
then
send_command('lua u luaname')

To avoid it interfering with trust/monster rearing/etc..
Theres a simpler way to list the areas between town and field, but idk that one.

edit: it worked past 4hr.
[+]
By zigzagzig 2019-08-25 19:19:28
Link | Citer | R

i want your Babies ^^ *******

thx a lot
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-27 08:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Seriously... the people actively trying to block your spam because they don't want to see it really shouldn't be who you are adjusting your marketing /yells to show your scams to. You're just going to poke the bear and you don't want to poke the bear.

You just go about your basic yell spam and we won't work any harder to destroy you than we need to to remove you from our screens. Let the unwashed masses be subjected to your botting and thievery.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-08-27 09:15:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
You're just going to poke the bear and you don't want to poke the bear.
why not?
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2019-08-27 11:25:31
Link | Citer | R

now if we could just filter then non ffxi related yells on asura
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-27 11:31:07
Link | Citer | R

Just start blocking stupid keywords with the addon. It'll take a bit.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-27 12:51:20
Link | Citer | R

Double, just because... that didn't take long, new shout removed the stars. lul.

Add 'IGXE' and 'HOT2019' to line 12
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-27 12:56:09
Link | Citer | R

Double, just because... that didn't take long, new shout removed the stars. lul.

I added in other keywords such as "INSTANT", "f f x i s h o p" and other random ***that they have just to avoid that cos these RMT shouts will pick up on this forum without a doubt. Not had a single yell about Job points, buying gil for a while now and it's the greatest thing ever.
Mostly just block their website name. How can they promote if it's blocked lol
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-27 13:08:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraj said: »

I added in other keywords such as "INSTANT", "f f x i s h o p" and other random ***that they have just to avoid that cos these RMT shouts will pick up on this forum without a doubt. Not had a single yell about Job points, buying gil for a while now and it's the greatest thing ever.

It IS the greatest add-on ever.

But there is a long battle ahead. look at f f x i s h o p

You block that... but then ff x i s h o p
f fx i s h o p
f f xi s h o p
f f x is h o p

There are MANY combos that you will end up having to block... double spacing. double lettering. triple lettering. adding periods... underscores hyphens slashes carrots x's... it's far from over.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-27 13:09:48
Link | Citer | R

I didn't title this thread 'Shattering Stars' and I feel kind of like past version of me let current version of me down.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-27 13:12:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraj said: »

It IS the greatest add-on ever.

But there is a long battle ahead. look at f f x i s h o p

You block that... but then ff x i s h o p
f fx i s h o p
f f xi s h o p
f f x is h o p

There are MANY combos that you will end up having to block... double spacing. double lettering. triple lettering. adding periods... underscores hyphens slashes carrots x's... it's far from over.

I already thought of stuff like that so i spent roughly like 30 minutes blocking every single one lmao, i maybe forgot a different combo, but it'll last a while i guess.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8