A RDM Gearswap...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » A RDM Gearswap...
A RDM Gearswap...
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Zidaner
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-08-26 04:57:32
Link | Citer | R

I am trying to get Impact to cast by just typing /ma impact or /impact. I can get this to work if I adjust my normal FC set but can not get an impact FC(prceast) set to work. anyone can help me here?
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-08-26 05:06:09
Link | Citer | R

You need "head=empty" in both your precast and midcast set for twilight cloak to equip properly.
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-08-26 05:08:47
Link | Citer | R

that was easy

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Aravil
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Aravil
By Quetzalcoatl.Aravil 2020-08-26 07:54:12
Link | Citer | R

re: swapping in idle sets too early.

One behavior I've noticed regarding this is tied to the auto-Carmine code. If you're in a moving state, stop to cast something, and the movement code runs, it will swap you into idle gear before your cast is complete. I usually mitigate this by waiting for the movement mode to swap back to No before casting, but one development to-do for myself was to modify the logic to automatically toggle the movement speed switch to off on spell cast.

I've taken snippets of this lua for use on other classes, so I wanted to do something a bit more robust than enable legs in the precast, but if you were looking for a quick solution that could work.

Edit: I only half-thought this through; it's a bit more complicated than what I said above. The rough idea I have to solve this is to create a new flag for "Am I moving?". The carmine check would need to first look at that flag to see if it needs to fire. The precast function would then need to set the flag to "No," and then when the carmine check runs, it would see "Well, I was moving, but according to this flag I haven't been, so I don't need to swap into idle gear." Precast then needs to unlock any slots used by movement speed gear (just legs, in RDM's case) so that appropriate gear gets swapped in.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-08-26 08:21:18
Link | Citer | R

For me personally it seems to only happen on T4 and T5 nukes. I'm not sure if I have the same issue as you do.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-08-26 12:35:11
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Aravil said: »
I've noticed regarding this is tied to the auto-Carmine code

This could be due to the ~1sec delay (to avoid hogging resources) It's no the best nor the most robust solution tbh. I kinda put that in there quickly. I don't usually find myself in situations where i move > cast > move > cast so much that it bugged me enough to change it.

Could likely just add a check for midaction(), if it returns true, you're casting and thus could make it skip the part where is changes gear.
By Masaru 2020-08-27 01:42:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Anierr said: »
thats fixed now thank you, ive noticed utsusemi cancel when casting ichi with NI(current) doesnt cancel ni for ichi to take effect? anyone know

If you have 3 shadows up, do you get the msg "Utsusemi: Ichi/Ni Canceled: [3+ IMAGES] !!"?

Do you have cancel addon? For the cancel command lines in the original code.
 Caitsith.Kalyna
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Kalyna
By Caitsith.Kalyna 2020-08-29 00:55:08
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Aravil said: »
One behavior I've noticed regarding this is tied to the auto-Carmine code.

Asura.Elizabet said: »
This could be due to the ~1sec delay (to avoid hogging resources)

Ahhhhh this explains it. I was going nuts wondering why my nukes and elemental ws were getting "resisted" every time I use them right after coming to a stop from moving. I always have to wait a couple of seconds after stopping before casting or using ws for it to do full damage. At first I thought it had something to do with my lag (being on the other side of the world) but this makes complete sense now.

Is there a way to lower the 1 second delay? Would 0.5 work? Gotta test this when I get back home.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-08-29 12:43:57
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Kalyna said: »
Is there a way to lower the 1 second delay? Would 0.5 work? Gotta test this when I get back home.

Line 1039 in RDM_Lib.lua
Code
if mov.counter>30 then

You can change the 30 value. Higher = slower update, lower value = faster update. You can put 1 and the code will run every frame and potentially kill your FPS, so YMMV depending on your PC / How many multibox you doing etc.

Potentially another better idea would be to change a bit this function:
Line 871 in RDM_Lib.lua
Code
function updateRunspeedGear( value )   

if not value then
        if use_UI == true then
            validateTextInformation()
        else
            windower.add_to_chat(8,"----- Locking Off Carmine Cuisses +1 -----")   
        end
        enable('legs')
        idle()
    else
        if use_UI == true then
            validateTextInformation()
        else
            windower.add_to_chat(8,"----- Locking On Carmine Cuisses +1 -----")
        end
        equip({legs="Carmine Cuisses +1"})
        disable('legs')
        idle()
    end
end

Instead where the "idle()" lines are, you'd equip a specific leg item, it would accomplish more or less the same job without triggering a full equip swap back to idle set.
 Caitsith.Kalyna
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Kalyna
By Caitsith.Kalyna 2020-08-30 00:14:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Elizabet said: »

You can change the 30 value. Higher = slower update, lower value = faster update. You can put 1 and the code will run every frame and potentially kill your FPS, so YMMV depending on your PC / How many multibox you doing etc.

Potentially another better idea would be to change a bit this function:
Line 871 in RDM_Lib.lua

Thanks, I'll give both of those a try and see which one yields better results.

Btw since you're here, is there any way I can make it so that if I'm paralyzed, it would auto use a remedy when I try to cast Regen II? Kind of like how it would auto use echo drops while silenced if you try to cast a spell.

I've tried putting in this code in the lib but it doesn't seem to work:

Code
function precast(spell)

update_active_ja()
    local spell_recasts = windower.ffxi.get_spell_recasts()

if spell.name == 'Regen II' and buffactive['Paralyze'] then 
	cancel_spell()
	send_command('input /item "Remedy" <me>')     
	add_to_chat(8, '****** ['..spell.name..' CANCELED - Using Remedy] ******')
	return
    end

-- Auto use Echo Drops if you are trying to cast while silenced --    
    if spell.action_type == 'Magic' and buffactive['Silence'] then 
        cancel_spell()
        send_command('input /item "Echo Drops" <me>')     
        add_to_chat(8, '****** ['..spell.name..' CANCELED - Using Echo Drops] ******')
        return        
    end   

I'd also like to do something similar with cursed and doom, but instead of just auto holy waters it would also equip a cursna set.
By Masaru 2020-08-30 02:27:53
Link | Citer | R

Bind key to use a item isn’t a option for u?
 Asura.Anierr
user: Anier
By Asura.Anierr 2020-08-30 10:56:04
Link | Citer | R

no i do not get that message i have the cancel addon for now i have been forced to put it in ingame macro
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
By Carliou 2020-09-30 04:48:08
Link | Citer | R

I have begun amending this into a COR lua - I love the HUD aspect. Unfortunately I can't seem to define ranged attacks and they are defaulting to my midcast.casting set. I have tried looking at other luas to see how they handle ranged attacks but everything seems to clash with how this lua is set up.

Is anybody able to assist me with inputting a preshot and midshot swap into this lua?
 Sylph.Emper
Serveur: Sylph
user: Emper
By Sylph.Emper 2020-10-08 21:27:15
Link | Citer | R

Respectfully, I found an error in the enfeeble mapping. This line should read Enfeebling.potency on set F, not as below. I had to double check because I was surprised no one has seen it yet? Sorry if I'm wrong.

-- Type F-potency from "Enfeebling potency" gear only
sets.midcast.Enfeebling.skillmndpot = {
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-10-11 18:51:01
Link | Citer | R

You are correct but, you might have an out of date / bugged DEV version, Emper. Both https://github.com/Tunaliz/Liz_Gearswaps/blob/master/RDM.lua:
Code
    -- For Potency spells like Temper and Enspells
    sets.midcast.enhancing.potency = set_combine(sets.midcast.enhancing.duration, {

And the DEV version have it fixed:
Code
	-- Type F-potency from "Enfeebling potency" gear only
    sets.midcast.Enfeebling.potency = {
 Lakshmi.Youngcleezie
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Youngcleezie 2020-10-21 19:59:57
Link | Citer | R

How were you inputting your CP cape into the lua?

Great GS by the way.
 Lakshmi.Youngcleezie
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Youngcleezie 2020-10-21 20:17:01
Link | Citer | R

I am also getting this side screen with modes, options, <job>, and battle stats, how do i get rid of that?
 Bismarck.Ruzaki
Serveur: Bismarck
user: roxya
By Bismarck.Ruzaki 2020-10-27 04:55:01
Link | Citer | R

I've been using your SCH gearswap, now I'm just trying to understand the intention behind the weapon selection system in this one. Let's say I'm not meleeing and I want to idle in refresh gear (Daybreak for example), but then I want to put my DT gear on (Malignance pole), I need to switch all of: idle mode, main weapon, and sub weapon, separately?
By Katyl 2020-10-27 09:28:37
Link | Citer | R

The idea more behind the RDM weapon selector is you'll always have spells that you'll want to cast with certain main/subs whenever losing TP isnt a factor but you'll be using different Main/Subs on all sorts of diffrent content. Like maybe enspell damage does nothing so you want Naegling/Thib or even Almace, or you rock Crocea/Tauret for Sanguine but a pull in Bastok linked wrong eye colour so you swap Tauret for Daybreak to Seraph, Max for BH on blunt weak or if you need BH's props and so on. RDM isn't on Malignance Pole so thats one less hurdle to worry about also.
 Bismarck.Ruzaki
Serveur: Bismarck
user: roxya
By Bismarck.Ruzaki 2020-10-27 10:21:16
Link | Citer | R

Ok not the pole but, just making sure I didn't miss anything in thinking that it's not really made to consider different main/sub in different idle sets.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2020-10-27 10:25:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ruzaki said: »
I've been using your SCH gearswap, now I'm just trying to understand the intention behind the weapon selection system in this one. Let's say I'm not meleeing and I want to idle in refresh gear (Daybreak for example), but then I want to put my DT gear on (Malignance pole), I need to switch all of: idle mode, main weapon, and sub weapon, separately?
Sounds like you want a solution like what I did for a panic button on my rdm which makes a button to cycle all the seperate options to a specific combo in this case one to max out survivability but you could make more to whatever combos you want, for rdm though there's so many commonly used combos that I only made one for a panic button.
Code
function self_command(command)
    hud_command(command)
    local commandArgs = command

if #commandArgs:split(' ') >= 2 then
        commandArgs = T(commandArgs:split(' '))

if commandArgs[1] == 'toggle' then
            if commandArgs[2] == 'melee' then

meleeing:toggle()
                lockMainHand(meleeing.value)
	elseif commandArgs[2] == 'panic' then
		while mainWeapon.current ~= 'Excalibur' do
		     mainWeapon:cycle()
		end
		while subWeapon.current ~= 'Sacro Bulwark' do
			subWeapon:cycle()
		end
		while meleeModes.current ~= 'dt' do
			meleeModes:cycle()
		end
		while idleModes.current ~= 'mdt' do
			idleModes:cycle()
		end
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-10-27 12:22:53
Link | Citer | R

@Jakey

You don't need to do a while loop to cycle until you meet a particular option. You can use set to directly set the value.
Code
        while mainWeapon.current ~= 'Excalibur' do
             mainWeapon:cycle()
        end

could be just
Code
mainWeapon.set('Excalibur')

It's minor but would be more efficient.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-10-27 12:37:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ruzaki said: »
but then I want to put my DT gear on

It's a pretty niche case and likely why I didnt handle it specifically. RDM can cap DT without weapons easily. And if you aren't tanking, or meleeing... You can always default the weapons selector to Daybreak / Sacro shield. Then add the weapons you cast spells with in the casting sets. (like Grio staff or swap amurapi shield etc..)
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Dolphjagfan
Serveur: Siren
user: inmanab
By Siren.Dolphjagfan 2020-12-05 16:19:57
Link | Citer | R

I've been playing around with this for a while, but when I cast anything with "//gs c" it does not equip midcast gear. If I cast manually it does, but I can't seem to get the "//gs c" to change sets. Am I missing something?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
By Chiaren20 2021-01-04 10:44:26
Link | Citer | R

I'm probably having some sort of brain freeze, but for some reason I cannot get the MB toggle to work anymore and I'm sure it was working previously.

If I press F10 it toggles matchsc, alt-f10 toggles nukemode, but nothing toggles MB..
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2021-01-04 13:27:01
Link | Citer | R

It's automatic, detecting SC on your target.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10