A RDM Gearswap...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » A RDM Gearswap...
A RDM Gearswap...
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Matthious
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Matthias
By Asura.Matthious 2019-10-05 08:25:32
Link | Citer | R

I was working on Max Mnd and noticed the gain spells were not factoring in Relic Hands and the +20/30 bonus. Ended up mapping the spells in the Lib and adding it to the same category as Temper and Enspell as a workaround. Love all your work on this, just thought I would share.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-07 12:57:37
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for pointing that out, I had forgotten about those gloves almost completely.

I updated the RDM_Lib.lua to have Gain spells mappings and they will now be using the potency midcast enhancing set as Temper and enspell are.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-16 03:01:51
Link | Citer | R

An update is on the way, could use a few beta testers before I publish this one and update the github. PM me if you are interested. Bonus if you are also using my GEO and/or SCH luas.
 Asura.Radamantis
By Asura.Radamantis 2019-10-16 07:17:51
Link | Citer | R

Feel free to hit me up. im only using the RDM one for now.
But will try to help if i can.
Also wanted to point about the Empy set.
Since it also increase the duration of Enfeebling spells,we like to land stymie silence with the full Empy set.
Especially against mobs who start building resistance over time.

I haven't come up w a good idea how to include it in to your GS.
I think the best is a Enfeebling duration toogle.

If i come up w something else i will let you know.

Cheers
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-16 15:06:11
Link | Citer | R

Aye, the next update will have a Stymie + Silence support for just that, it's handled automatically.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2019-11-04 23:27:16
Link | Citer | R

Hey I've been loving this gearswap! One question I do have is how can I differentiate between enhancing spells like Temper and En-spells?

En-Spells have their own pieces of gear such as relic Legs, but you wouldn't want to use relic legs for Temper.

Thanks again!
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-11-05 02:16:49
Link | Citer | R

The relic legs enspells boost is boosting the merit category, so you need to have the merits first.

Also, they don't need to be worn on midcast, it's like ayanmo gloves, you need to wear them in your tp set.
[+]
By phunky 2019-11-28 03:26:47
Link | Citer | R

Been using this lua for the past few weeks and its been great. One thing I've noticed is my legs slot not swapping sometimes when I cast a spell right after I stop moving. Is there a way to disable the auto carmine legs feature?
 Bismarck.Norminator
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Hares
By Bismarck.Norminator 2019-12-03 21:09:35
Link | Citer | R

Just got a Daybreak and I would like to add it to the lua to be able to cast dispelga, how can i do that ?
[+]
By Fayona 2019-12-04 06:29:52
Link | Citer | R

Just picked up rdm as a new longterm project and I Just wanted to give you a bump and say this Gearswap is epic! Thank you for making this available!
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-12-04 11:07:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Norminator said: »
Just got a Daybreak and I would like to add it to the lua to be able to cast dispelga, how can i do that ?

You can make a precast set like this:
Code
sets.precast['Dispelga'] = set_combine(sets.precast.casting,{ main = "Daybreak" })

And same idea for midcast. The Lua should pick it up from there
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-12-04 11:14:47
Link | Citer | R

phunky said: »
Is there a way to disable the auto carmine legs feature?

On the RDM_Lib.lua delete the send command lines at line 1043 and 1046.

The new update I am working on has more proper toggle for these things where it's set to on, off, or auto so you can force on or off or let the auto mode. But for the current version you'll have to delete or comment out those line.
[+]
 Bismarck.Norminator
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Hares
By Bismarck.Norminator 2019-12-04 17:31:45
Link | Citer | R

Great thx Elizabet
By Snoctopus 2019-12-08 17:59:08
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the gearswap!

I'm running into a bit of trouble with melee with this swap, and I'm not sure what it is that's causing it. Whenever I've attempted to sub scholar and use this gearswap, it seems like for some reason it breaks and won't switch me back into TP gear. Disengaging and re-enaging doesn't seem to fix it, either. Any ideas?

Edit: For whatever it's worth, I'm using a Genbu's shield as my offhand - I'm a returning player and my gear isn't great so far, so it's the best cure potency/physical damage shield I've got right now. I'm wondering if the shield offhand is what is triggering the issue? Maybe I don't have it input correctly? In the subweapon cycler I have it as 'Genbu\'s Shield' - should I be using the backslash before commas?

Edit2: I see that the single-wield set in the lua calls for RELIC.Legs - I haven't actually acquired these yet. If the gearswap calls for a piece of equipment that I don't have, does it break?
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-12-08 22:09:17
Link | Citer | R

You should edit all the gearsets and put in what you have, remove all the things you don't have. That's the step number 1. Once you do that, check if you still have issues.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hachiiiiii
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Hachiiiiii 2019-12-12 12:59:29
Link | Citer | R

I had that problem recently as well, but I somewhat figured out what solved my situation, if not exactly why that was the case.

In my case, I had commented out the Carmine Cuisses lines in the RDM_Lib.lua. I didn't have the +1 versions but I did substitute in the pre-ilvl crimson cuisses in their place, which worked fine, but I didn't want to drop an armor slot into non-ilvl defenses while doing Dynamis-Divergence, so into a comment it became. Once I did that, it stopped switching to TP gear at all- pre/midcast sets worked fine, switching between idle modes worked fine, WS sets were fine (but if I tried to WS while asleep it would lock me into the WS set and stay there until I casted a spell or successfully WSed).

For now, I un-commented the lines and changed the Carmine Cuisses equipment line back to the +1 since I still don't have them. Other than that I'm too intimidated by the lib to really toggle with it further.

That being said I have appreciated this lib/lua greatly as I have been growing my RDM and I always feel a little longing when I'm on RUN and miss the HUD for easy reference of what gear options I'm sitting in. Thanks for all the work!
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2019-12-13 10:20:58
Link | Citer | R

I think you may have "Addle" spelled wrong in your mappings. I had to create a gear set specifically for it. You have it spelled as "Adle" in your post above (think this may be the reason for it)

Also 2 requests/questions;
1) Is there a way to create a gearset based on if an En-Spell is up?

2) My Refresh set isn't working when Composure is up. It's using Empyrean gear. It's using Line 724:

-- This is used when casting under Composure but enhancing someone else other than yourself.
sets.midcast.enhancing.composure =

I tried creating a sets.midcast.enhancing.composure.Refresh
and sets.midcast.enhancing.composure["Refresh III"]

but neither worked out. Any advice?
 Quetzalcoatl.Aravil
user: Aravil
By Quetzalcoatl.Aravil 2019-12-13 13:10:12
Link | Citer | R

There is a CheckEnspell function that you could put an enspell set in (right now it only looks for weather/day and equips obi or sash depending on the result) but that would mean changing the lib lua.

On a related note, I noticed a bug in the logic that checks for enspells being active. The Buff trigger looks for nukes.enspell[1]..[8] but the definitions for those in the mappings use "nukes.enspell['Earth']", etc. Because of this, if you aren't using the enspell related to the day or weather the trigger function won't detect your enspell.
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2019-12-13 13:47:44
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Aravil said: »
There is a CheckEnspell function that you could put an enspell set in (right now it only looks for weather/day and equips obi or sash depending on the result) but that would mean changing the lib lua.

On a related note, I noticed a bug in the logic that checks for enspells being active. The Buff trigger looks for nukes.enspell[1]..[8] but the definitions for those in the mappings use "nukes.enspell['Earth']", etc. Because of this, if you aren't using the enspell related to the day or weather the trigger function won't detect your enspell.

Ahhh so thats why my Orpheus's wasn't swapping all the time! Do you have a fix for this?
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-12-13 15:27:38
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Aravil said: »
Because of this, if you aren't using the enspell related to the day or weather the trigger function won't detect your enspell.

I'll check it out. It might be fixed already in the new version that's upcoming, but not published yet.

Do you mean that nukes.enspell['Earth'] doesn't equal nukes.enspell[1], they both should return "Enstone" ? But if that's not the case, it should be fixed by replacing [1] with ['Earth'] etc. (can't test atm, will have to wait for next week when I get home)
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-12-13 15:29:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Botosi said: »
2) My Refresh set isn't working when Composure is up. It's using Empyrean gear. It's using Line 724:

It should be working when you cast refresh on yourself. When you cast on others, it'll use the composure version. That is normal and intended.

If you insist on not differentiating between selfcast vs buffing others, you can make a set like this:

sets.midcast["Refresh III"]

Which will always be used for Refresh III
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2019-12-13 15:45:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Elizabet said: »

It should be working when you cast refresh on yourself. When you cast on others, it'll use the composure version. That is normal and intended.

If you insist on not differentiating between selfcast vs buffing others, you can make a set like this:

sets.midcast["Refresh III"]

Which will always be used for Refresh III

I want a composure version mixed with Refresh gear. If it's using Empy Head and Body, the people you're giving Refresh are getting a longer refresh, but they're also missing out on the +4 Refresh potency from Amalric Coif +1 and Atrophy Tabard +3.

I'd personally rather the potency.

So I need a Refresh set for myself and a Refresh set for people when I have Composure up as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Aravil
user: Aravil
By Quetzalcoatl.Aravil 2019-12-13 22:05:13
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Do you mean that nukes.enspell['Earth'] doesn't equal nukes.enspell[1], they both should return "Enstone" ? But if that's not the case, it should be fixed by replacing [1] with ['Earth'] etc. (can't test atm, will have to wait for next week when I get home)

Correct. Currently in update_active_ja, Buff['Enspell'] is defined as
Code
Buff['Enspell'] = buffactive[nukes.enspell[1]]...2, 3, etc.

To fix it needs to be changed to
Code
Buff['Enspell'] = buffactive[nukes.enspell['Earth']]...'Fire', 'Air', etc.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-12-14 01:06:23
Link | Citer | R

I'll take your word for it and update the github. (Can't confirm till nextweek) But it's straight forward enough.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-12-14 01:15:51
Link | Citer | R

So I need a Refresh set for myself and a Refresh set for people when I have Composure up as well.

Actually, if you make this set:

sets.midcast['Refresh III'] = {

}

And don't set combine, and don't put anything other than the body/head for your Refresh+ potency gear, it will either equip the normal refresh set when cast on you, or the composure set when cast on others, THEN it will equip the above set on top of it. So if you leave it with just the body/head... it should behave like what you want.
 Asura.Vanixim
By Asura.Vanixim 2019-12-17 18:13:42
Link | Citer | R

Hi Elizabet,

Sent you a DM thanking you for this awesome LUA (not sure if you got or not). If not: thank you!

Was wondering if it is possible to add toggles to the LUA, and if so, in which part of the LUA we would place that info? I am hoping to add a TH set, Death Resist set, and a few others (I know, pointless but still...).

I am a fairly new script kiddie so not well-versed in the terminology used to explain things - please bear with me.

Thanks in advance!
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-12-17 18:38:20
Link | Citer | R

If you want to add toggles and stuff for custom sets you can do so in the RDM_Lib.lua but then that's going to be something unsupported so you'll have to update manually instead of just downloading the new RDM_Lib.lua as updates and fixes come.

Do play in there if you want though, its the best way to learn!
By Metalholic 2019-12-27 16:58:53
Link | Citer | R

What do I need to due to take out the Auto CP so that I can add it to all my lua's?
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-12-28 09:39:41
Link | Citer | R

Should be self contained. Just the function at the bottom of the RDM_Lib.lua you can copy pasta. Then the CP_Cape variable in your gearsets Lua. (Maybe also the autocp true or false variable I forgot if that was around the function or not.)
 Valefor.Gorns
Serveur: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-12-28 12:53:03
Link | Citer | R

Is it possible to handle the haste % in line with gearinfo addon so that depending of the % of magic haste we can automaticall adjust the melee set (and so DW)
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10