Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 161 162 163 ... 198 199 200
By fonewear 2019-10-07 14:56:24
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
That's cute, but the public turned against Nixon pretty heavily after a time because he engaged in impeachable behavior. Trump's approval numbers haven't even budged because the Democrats have been trying to impeach him since day 1 and poisoned their own well. This would be a minor week-long scandal at most for a Democrat, and everyone knows it.

What I always hate about the Nixon stuff is how they only focus on Watergate.

Same could be said about Trump. Trump could do more than any other President in history. History will spend 90% of the time talking about impeachment.

Kinda sad how people don't dig deeper and see what Nixon actually did.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-07 15:11:10
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, Nixon was super popular before Watergate. He absolutely destroyed his opponent for reelection.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-10-07 15:16:50
Link | Citer | R

Latest Trump outrage.

Melania Trump forgot to wear a red ribbon.

Sadly she will have to step down as First Lady

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7546233/Melania-Trump-delivers-Red-Ribbon-Rally-anti-drug-speech-doesnt-wear-red-ribbon.html
By Viciouss 2019-10-07 15:18:57
Link | Citer | R

Thats pretty weird but, she is pretty worthless when it comes to being a First Lady so we will just let it go.
By fonewear 2019-10-07 15:19:59
Link | Citer | R

You better call your Congressman tell him he is an ***. Then say take that umm....Congressman you *** !
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-07 15:20:09
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
There is no investigation into Biden, I think that is where the fallacy in your argument lies. The source of Trump seeking damaging information from the Ukraine is on video, he admitted to it. I don't have a link to that right now, but I'm sure I can get one. I just didn't think that was in question...or are you attempting one of those "goal post movements" where you ask me to prove something, then I prove it, and then you say the proof doesn't prove it? I'm beginning to see the method to your madness.

It sounds like I'm an argument with a guy who heard a thing, repeats the thing, and defends the thing vehemently, but doesn't really know what the thing is even about.

He's not arguing in good faith, instead he's looking for sound bites and words he can twist against you. My leftist radar went off several pages ago when emotional thinking was used as a reason to justify a belief.

"My friends believe A to be true, therefor A must be true and if anyone reasons that A is not then they must be wrong and misguided". The more you push against that belief the angrier and more emotional the poster will get.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-07 15:20:57
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Look he is the President and most of us are *** on the internet.

Nobody gives a ***about our opinions.

Whether you love or hate the President doesn't change a damn thing.

You can *** all you want but at the end of the day. He will still be the President and your whining will have done nothing.

If you want to make a difference get your lazy *** off of FFXAIH and run for local government.

Stop bitching start doing.

fonewear said: »
So as long as the Democrats remain hysterical incoherent lunatics.

This was actually funny, I really did laugh out loud.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-10-07 15:23:11
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, Nixon was super popular before Watergate. He absolutely destroyed his opponent for reelection.

Take that Senator !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Nausi 2019-10-07 15:38:49
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
We have already explained how Trump is enforcing the law, by requesting Ukraine's help in an ongoing investigation by the AG and justice department.
You have neglected to respond to that point and have insisted that because it doesn't reinforce your point, but instead refutes it, it must be "deflection".

That is sophistry.

Yet you are being dishonest. We've explained to you as well that there is no ongoing investigation into Biden, merely Trump seeking dirt on him. I'm sure that is very typical in politics, but where Trump crossed the line was in seeking that information from a foreign national. The reason that this is considered illegal is because foreign nationals will have their own interests in mind, which does not coincide with the best interests of America.

Uhhh, no. You're still missing the mark. The U.S. gets help from foreign officials on a regular basis for intelligence relating to investigations. It's okay if you don't know the law, but don't pretend that you do. Cite an official source to back your exact assertion and we can talk.

There is no investigation into Biden, I think that is where the fallacy in your argument lies. The source of Trump seeking damaging information from the Ukraine is on video, he admitted to it. I don't have a link to that right now, but I'm sure I can get one. I just didn't think that was in question...or are you attempting one of those "goal post movements" where you ask me to prove something, then I prove it, and then you say the proof doesn't prove it? I'm beginning to see the method to your madness.
Barr is investigating the origins of the steele dossier which lead to the unauthorized spying on the Trump campaign. Biden's influences on Ukraine are most certainly related to that.

The new Ukrainian President has reopened his own investigation into the matter (he campaigned on anti corruption) and has said Trump’s call had nothing to do with it.

I get the inclination to get swept up in the lefty media narrative (its huge echo chamber), but its entirely hollow, just like it has been for Trump’s presidency.

There is no illegality here, just a president enforcinng the law.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-07 15:40:46
Link | Citer | R

It sounds like I'm an argument with a guy who heard a thing, repeats the thing, and defends the thing vehemently, but doesn't really know what the thing is even about.

I'm trying to be sincerely sympathetic. I'll bet that once Nixon's administration began spiraling downward, many of his followers stuck by his side. Loyalty is a great thing, but there comes a point where enough is enough and you have to call it out for what it is, criminal behavior.
“Blumpf is done this time, said by increasingly nervous man for the 15th time this year.”
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-07 15:46:43
Link | Citer | R

Barr is investigating the origins of the steele dossier which lead to the unauthorized spying on the Trump campaign.

Biden's influences on Ukraine are most certainly related to that.

This is way off the rails. The Steele dossier has nothing to do with the Ukraine nor Biden's anti-corruption efforts there. There is no evidence connecting the two. Nothing.
By Nausi 2019-10-07 15:50:48
Link | Citer | R

this is all about covering up the origins of the Steele dossier and covering up the previous administrations role in its fabrication and illegal FISS abuse,
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-07 15:56:46
Link | Citer | R

The conspiracies never get old!
By Viciouss 2019-10-07 15:59:49
Link | Citer | R

btw fone if you need help with missions later....TOO BAD!!!!
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-07 16:18:23
Link | Citer | R

We have already explained how Trump is enforcing the law, by requesting Ukraine's help in an ongoing investigation by the AG and justice department.
You have neglected to respond to that point and have insisted that because it doesn't reinforce your point, but instead refutes it, it must be "deflection".

That is sophistry.

Yet you are being dishonest. We've explained to you as well that there is no ongoing investigation into Biden, merely Trump seeking dirt on him. I'm sure that is very typical in politics, but where Trump crossed the line was in seeking that information from a foreign national. The reason that this is considered illegal is because foreign nationals will have their own interests in mind, which does not coincide with the best interests of America.

Uhhh, no. You're still missing the mark. The U.S. gets help from foreign officials on a regular basis for intelligence relating to investigations. It's okay if you don't know the law, but don't pretend that you do. Cite an official source to back your exact assertion and we can talk.

Barr is investigating the origins of the steele dossier which lead to the unauthorized spying on the Trump campaign. Biden's influences on Ukraine are most certainly related to that.

Those are really wild conspiracy theories. You're very creative.
By fonewear 2019-10-07 16:28:41
Link | Citer | R

I'm highly susceptible to wild conspiracy theories try me !
By fonewear 2019-10-07 16:29:59
Link | Citer | R

I still think Trump is a Russian spy...I have no proof...but I did go on some reddit conspiracy website...

And people on reddit are highly credible. Some of them even type in full sentences.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-10-07 16:33:13
Link | Citer | R

All the proof I need that Trump is a Russian spy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Keep_Track/comments/afl4ml/list_of_evidence_that_trump_is_a_russian_asset/
By fonewear 2019-10-07 16:50:11
Link | Citer | R

This is all kinda pointless when you think about it.

We argue about stupid ***to win internet points for what ?

To feel some sense of pride or superiority with a bunch of people on the internet.

What exactly are we accomplishing by debating politics.

At the end the day the politicians are the ones that win.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2019-10-07 16:56:16
Link | Citer | R

No. That’s factually incorrect. Barr is investigating the involvement of Ukraine and their role into the origins of the fake “trump colluded with russia” scandal. Thats what Trump was referring to when he requested Ukraines cooperation, to cooperate with Barr in his investigation. This isn’t some unfounded talking point, and it isn’t some campaign strategy. It is a legitimate investigation of the justice department.
Requesting Ukraine's cooperation would be fine provided there were a formal investigation from the Justice Department, but there wasn't. Barr was acting independently of his own department and solely on Trump's personal behalf.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-07 17:17:00
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
No. That’s factually incorrect. Barr is investigating the involvement of Ukraine and their role into the origins of the fake “trump colluded with russia” scandal. Thats what Trump was referring to when he requested Ukraines cooperation, to cooperate with Barr in his investigation. This isn’t some unfounded talking point, and it isn’t some campaign strategy. It is a legitimate investigation of the justice department.
Requesting Ukraine's cooperation would be fine provided there were a formal investigation from the Justice Department, but there wasn't. Barr was acting independently of his own department and solely on Trump's personal behalf.
^this is a conspiracy theory.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-07 17:17:24
Link | Citer | R

That is sophistry.

How is it a conspiracy theory?
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-07 17:27:36
Link | Citer | R

That is sophistry.

How is it a conspiracy theory?

con·spir·a·cy the·o·ry
noun
a belief that some covert but influential person or organization is responsible for a circumstance or event.

"Barr is investigating the origins of the steele dossier which lead to the unauthorized spying on the Trump campaign. Biden's influences on Ukraine are most certainly related to that."
By fonewear 2019-10-07 17:41:35
Link | Citer | R

Old but good:

[+]
By fonewear 2019-10-07 17:42:11
Link | Citer | R

Also you guys are *** hats.

That's my go to argument.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-10-07 17:46:41
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-10-07 17:52:57
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
"Unauthorized spying on the Trump campaign", pretty sure it was in fact authorized.

It was but we are letting that particular conspiracy go right now.
First Page 2 3 ... 161 162 163 ... 198 199 200