Forum » FFXI » General » Quitting
Quitting
 Asura.Topace
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-05-01 11:22:17
Link | Citer | R

Give your character to me. I’ll make good use of it.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-05-01 11:32:31
Link | Citer | R

Putting my name in the hat for free stuff

I have hungry kids
[+]
By soralin 2019-05-01 11:32:52
Link | Citer | R

I would say just deactivate, because SE has been hinting at their 'big thing' 2 years from now.

If we get another expansion or something youll really regret deleting your character.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-05-01 11:36:25
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I "quit" about 2 years ago. Will I come back? Highly unlikely because I'm into 14 right now. Does that mean I will never come back? No, because I'm no fortune reader, I can't see what's in the future.

And if I could, I wouldn't waste it on anything other than stocks and lottery.

You just replaced one addiction with another one that has the potential to cost a lot more money.
So?
By Shichishito 2019-05-01 11:41:56
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Any recommendations on making sure you quit 11 for good? Some new life and medical issues have come up. I feel it’s getting very close for me. I’ve been told deleting your account or dropping REMA. I know this is a dumb question to people but I’m getting close to being done mentally. Only things left I was interested in doing is finishing off 15/15 relic afterglow(I’m bored I Dano), making at least 1 mythic per my 4 accounts(assaults annoy me),finish bonecraft final crafting shield (no motivation) and level all 32 mules go 99 spam trove see what drops me or an item(so much time.)You can troll this if you want but I am looking for some serious responses. Either way if I like or dislike you. If I love or hate you everyone has been a riot and amazing at keeping this game alive for me while it lasted.

facts(?).

also to recommendations to sell your account - iono. if
Asura.Bayonette said: »
Apologies if this is frowned upon/not allowed in forums, but is selling your accounts an option? Pocket a few grand and move on to other things. Sounds like you have some solid accounts. No chance you would return after that.

iono about selling, it might prevent you from returning but if you sell intangibles on/with ebay/paypal and someone pulls a funny one you could end up with a 10-13%ish refund loss.

also if you really want to quit you should make sure to have a alternative time sink cause if you end up watching paint dry during all the time you used to play in the past its pretty much a sure shot to fall back in your old habit.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-01 11:50:35
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
iono about selling, it might prevent you from returning but if you sell intangibles on/with ebay/paypal and someone pulls a funny one you could end up with a 10-13%ish refund loss.

That's why you use a middle man site. 0 Risk on your end, 100% risk on the buyer's end because after the sale, you could call SE and get your account back probably, and middle man sites wont charge you back because of the agreement signed by the buyer, but you probably will get banned from that site which is pretty irrelevant at that point.

I do wonder though if you could be charged with grand theft if say you sold your account for 1k+. Some states that'd be a felony lmao
By Shichishito 2019-05-01 11:56:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
That's why you use a middle man site.

you mean instead of doing a pure trust based trade with one person you suggest to trust two persons to not screw you over?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-05-01 12:06:07
Link | Citer | R

Remind me of CS:GO middle men *** sellers. Not so good times.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-01 12:09:47
Link | Citer | R

That's why you use a middle man site.

you mean instead of doing a pure trust based trade with one person you suggest to trust two persons to not screw you over?
No. Its not trusting 2 people, seller gives account info to middle man, buyer pays middle man, middle man screen shots inventory and holds $ while buyer verifies account status. If anything changes you get paid. there are trust worthy sites. You're trusting a business not a person. It's really not that complicated.

Compared to a "friend" who could easily falsely claim he didn't receive said item(account) and screw you on a charge back. Yeah no.

this Trust you speak of is bs unless its a really good friend.
Trusting a faceless person over the internet involving potentially 1000s of dollars without a neutral party holding the money? lmao no
By soralin 2019-05-01 12:28:27
Link | Citer | R

Effectively the middle man has a LOT more reputation at stake so screwing the seller over is not in their best interest, since then theyd get labeled as a scam site.

When your handling multiple of these sales per day, its in your best interest then to make every customer a satisfied one.

If the buyer screws someone over then, they screw over the site, not you. The site has a LOT more weight though to make that also not encouraged to do.

So yeah, generally letting a reputable middle man handle stuff like that is the safer call.

But thats all theoretical, I still think its pretty shady even then.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-01 12:38:40
Link | Citer | R

2 cents. The single most satisfying thing for me was making all the money back I'd spent over the years of subs (and new ps2's, controllers, replacement monitors etc). Selling gives you a certain satisfaction that the last 20 years weren't completely wasted.

Don't give it away. Don't get banned. They're shitty ways to close it out. You'll feel empty either way but money helps fill the void. and don't start another money sink to make up for it.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-01 12:40:03
Link | Citer | R

It'd be the seller who screws over the buyer, the site doesn't get screwed at all since once the sale is final there part is done. They're not liable if someone decides to try and recover the account.

given how you can sell accounts without giving out pol registration codes. It's not hard to reclaim a previously sold account if you have all the right information. It's a *** move for sure but that's why I said its 100% risk for the buyer and 0% risk for the seller.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2019-05-01 12:42:00
Link | Citer | R

If you want to quit, avoid this site.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-05-01 12:42:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vienner said: »
If you want to quit, avoid this site.
But I don't wana avoid ya!
By Shichishito 2019-05-01 12:44:41
Link | Citer | R

a quick google search will net you plenty of ***threads about middle man services going south. there is probably not a single site out there that hasn't been labeled a scam.
 Asura.Maphesto
user: Maphesto
By Asura.Maphesto 2019-05-01 12:44:46
Link | Citer | R

I highly recommend you take a break instead of quitting, I’ve been playing since the North American release and I have taken many breaks weather it be caused by being burned out, wanted to play something else or just life issues, I never deleted my toon and was always able to come back if choose too, if you know anyone else I. Real life that plays the game you could always loan or give them your toon and set the expectation that you may want it back at some point. But as others have said dropping all your stuff or getting your toon Perma banned as a way to quit may only lead to regret later on. What ever you choose to do, I wish you a positive outcome and future.
[+]
By soralin 2019-05-01 13:01:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
and don't start another money sink to make up for it.

I mean, if you're quitting because you feel like you have 'beaten' ffxi, then that part I contend because like...

It just feels like you filled the sink up and you want a new sink to pour money and effort into.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-01 13:07:11
Link | Citer | R

That's kinda like saying

You know what works great to quit smoking? Drinking. A lot.

Don't quit ffxi. quit the addiction without trading it for a new one, what's the point.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-05-01 13:42:21
Link | Citer | R

a quick google search will net you plenty of ***threads about middle man services going south. there is probably not a single site out there that hasn't been labeled a scam.
There are good sites out there if you want to cash out a FFXI account
By Shichishito 2019-05-01 13:48:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »

do you own one of them?
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-01 14:10:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »

do you own one of them?

a moderate google search will net you good sites. Also, Id wager the ones crying "Scam" are the buyers who got screwed by the seller not the site and they just want an entity to blame.
I have a friend who sells accounts monthly on middle man sites and has been for years and hasn't ever been scammed. Just have to put forth a little effort into google. rmt is a lucrative business. buying/selling gil, selling accounts its all the same. it all comes down to reputation.
 Bahamut.Nebohh
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-05-01 16:27:00
Link | Citer | R

But like majority have already said, take a break. The itch to play will return...
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-05-01 17:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Just start smoking crack cocaine. It'll make you forget FFXI ever existed.

That's why you use a middle man site. 0 Risk on your end, 100% risk on the buyer's end because after the sale, you could call SE and get your account back probably, and middle man sites wont charge you back because of the agreement signed by the buyer, but you probably will get banned from that site which is pretty irrelevant at that point.

I do wonder though if you could be charged with grand theft if say you sold your account for 1k+. Some states that'd be a felony lmao
Hey good work on posting advice on how to be a scammer.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-05-01 18:18:04
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
people still buy accounts for this game? that's crazy.

Not really. Buddy of mine had a char with every job mastered and a bunch of REM and one of every Aeonic and got like $200 for it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-01 18:24:40
Link | Citer | R

He failed pretty hard then tbh. Easily get 50 per rema at a minimum.

People paying a G just for master support job with all the annoying stuff done.
By Prong 2019-05-01 18:28:11
Link | Citer | R

Delete everything. I did that on my first account after 7 years (the same week Japan had that terrible tsunami in 2011 iirc...and SE lent it's generators to help the neighboring people out with power.)

Didn't even think about the game for 3 years. Played LOTRO for a year and ESO for about a year, made me miss aspects of FFXI other MMOs just didn't have (plus I didn't feel like 'meeting new people' in another MMO). Came back to FFXI, made a new account. Starting from scratch isn't what it used to be, much easier and more enjoyable now. Don't regret a thing.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-05-01 18:32:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Sorry to hear that Drakenv, glad we got to meet up and do some Omens together! If you ever wanna give all your Gil and items away, I’m always here! But for real tho hope the medical stuff isn’t too overbearing and you can push through <3

I second this! You coming to Bahamut and hanging in WH Discord was an absolute pleasure! I hope you get things settled asap, so you can come back :) Literal pleasure meeting you. Have one of these before you go:

PS. DO NOT DELETE D:
[+]
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2019-05-01 18:58:07
Link | Citer | R

Yep I’ve sold multiple accounts trying to condense and I always wind up making another then selling that one. Maybe uninstall and secure whatever you’re playing on, OR just mentally challenge yourself to stop....if you can’t stop maybe you just aren’t done with the game. It’s hard I know.....
By iambatman3131 2019-05-01 19:17:01
Link | Citer | R

Sell your account and buy some hookers and blow!
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-01 19:29:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Just start smoking crack cocaine. It'll make you forget FFXI ever existed.

Hey good work on posting advice on how to be a scammer.

Thanks, I try.
[+]