Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Ambuscade 1 VD-can’t stick silence
Ambuscade 1 VD-can’t stick silence
 Odin.Vikter
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Vikter
By Odin.Vikter 2019-04-10 17:08:47
Link | Citer | R

Been getting resist on geo with 504 skill. Has anybody been sticking it consistently in ambuscade? If so, what’s ur skill at and gear? I even tried Indi precision and geo languor at start and couldn’t stick. Have Idris too and trying to see what pieces I may be missing.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-04-10 17:25:41
Link | Citer | R

I know you're asking about GEO, but I've been BRD to this and stuck Threnody 2 on it at the start to ease with Silence landing for the GEO if that'll help ya a bit
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-10 17:28:04
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Vikter said: »
Been getting resist on geo with 504 skill. Has anybody been sticking it consistently in ambuscade? If so, what’s ur skill at and gear? I even tried Indi precision and geo languor at start and couldn’t stick. Have Idris too and trying to see what pieces I may be missing.
If you tried precision, that won't work. You need focus!
Was that a typo or did you really use Precision?

Another thing you can use are Pear Crepes, pretty cheap and give you a good amount of Macc.
Other then that there's not much you can do, can only improve your macc through gear.
 Phoenix.Morier
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2019-04-10 17:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Precision will not help at all. Focus will.
By Aerison 2019-04-10 17:29:10
Link | Citer | R

It's a *** to stick, I usually use my whm to land it or rdm(obviously).
By Chimerawizard 2019-04-10 17:34:34
Link | Citer | R

I had to eat food to land silence consistantly. tropical crepe
I'm missing several pieces from the set. I didn't need focus or languor to land consistantly, though our bard did barspells so I was able to /rdm & frazzle as well.
ItemSet 365776
Code
{main="Maxentius",sub="Ammurapi Shield",range="Dunna",
		head="Geomancy Galero +3",neck="Bagua Charm +2",ear1="Regal Earring",ear2="Digni. Earring",
		body="Geomancy Tunic +3",hands="Geomancy Mitaines +3",ring1="Kishar Ring",ring2="Stikini Ring +1",
		back=gear.StunCape,waist="Luminary Sash",legs="Psycloth Lappas",feet="Medium's Sabots"}
 Odin.Vikter
By Odin.Vikter 2019-04-10 17:36:47
Link | Citer | R

Meant focus lol

Forgot about frazzle. Maybe I can use that and see if brd can stick a therondy for me. ES silence worked good but only for whm since geo doesn’t get silence without subbing whm or rdm. I was the main bar spell caster and we left the bard to worry about horde lullaby if adds popped and didn’t die in like 2 WSs.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-04-10 17:46:47
Link | Citer | R

Enfeeb Skill shouldn't be your main focus on GEO.

Any variable skill spells cap out super low skill levels (skill portion of Distract, Frazzle cap at 125 skill). The rest of your enfeebs are fixed potency, and you just want to load up on macc to land them reliably.

Skill does equal macc up to 500 for all your spells, but macc gear is more readily available, and in larger amounts, than skill gear.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-04-10 18:12:32
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
I'm missing several pieces from the set. I didn't need focus or languor to land consistantly, though our bard did barspells so I was able to /rdm & frazzle as well.
ItemSet 365776
Code
		head="Geomancy Galero +3",neck="Bagua Charm +2",ear1="Regal Earring",ear2="Digni. Earring",
		body="Geomancy Tunic +3",hands="Geomancy Mitaines +3",ring1="Kishar Ring",ring2="Stikini Ring +1",
		back=gear.StunCape,waist="Luminary Sash",legs="Psycloth Lappas",feet="Medium's Sabots"}

In all these years I never put two-and-two together for Geo using AF gears to boost m.acc for enfeebles, so that is disappointing for me lol.

For the main hand, is Idris better to use for m.acc? Or is reisenjima staff just always better?

Ty ~
By Chimerawizard 2019-04-10 18:22:43
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »
Chimerawizard said: »
ItemSet 365776
Code

In all these years I never put two-and-two together for Geo using AF gears to boost m.acc for enfeebles, so that is disappointing for me lol.

For the main hand, is Idris better to use for m.acc? Or is reisenjima staff just always better?

Ty ~
R15 Idris would win for m.acc hands down.
non-augmented AG Idris is worse than a very good augment grio. I'd even put AG Idris slightly behind Maxentius with it's lack of MND.
 Odin.Vikter
By Odin.Vikter 2019-04-10 18:40:41
Link | Citer | R

So what should I be aiming for in enfeebling magic?
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-04-10 18:45:04
Link | Citer | R

So what should I be aiming for in enfeebling magic?

You shouldn't. Disregard it.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-10 19:37:45
Link | Citer | R

For GEO main enfeebling magic is more like icing on the cake on some pieces, not the stat you should be aiming for.
It's mostly just a matter of getting as much macc as possible.
If one piece ALSO has some enf skill then it's even better, but don't focus on it plz.
By Chimerawizard 2019-04-10 19:44:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
For GEO main enfeebling magic is more like icing on the cake on some pieces, not the stat you should be aiming for.
It's mostly just a matter of getting as much macc as possible.
If one piece ALSO has some enf skill then it's even better, but don't focus on it plz.
now that you mention it, geomancy sandals +3 have more total magic acc, if you aren't using the full AF+3 set & regal earring (as set bonus cap's at 5 pieces)... so If you actually have regal cuffs, af+3 feet is better than relic+3.

EDIT: fixed set, it previously had bagua sandals +3 listead, which is a very close 2nd for magic accuracy and slightly ahead at MND.
 Odin.Vikter
By Odin.Vikter 2019-04-10 21:47:48
Link | Citer | R

I’ll try some magic acc build tonight.