Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Vol.1 March 2019
Ambuscade Vol.1 March 2019
First Page 2 3 4
By Nyarlko 2019-03-11 07:37:09
Link | Citer | R

Might as well get this started.
Link to last time: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50994/ambuscade-volume-1-june-2017
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-03-11 09:07:07
Link | Citer | R

Are crypto tonberries close to psoxja warp?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-11 16:42:23
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if it was in that thread but there are two ways to survive the Tonberry SC:

Panacea method: Use panacea to remove defense down.

Skill method: Turn and face the tonberry shade so his sneak attack doesn't work.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-11 16:49:14
Link | Citer | R

Even with his Sneak Attack missing, he can still outright kill you with the skillchain damage tacked on top. Happened a few times where I was looking straight at the shade.

Migawari doesn't work on sneak attack + stab (will one shot you if not facing it), but facing NM + DT set will reduce the stab and sc damage so that you may survive it. In either case, you have to be fast about turning towards the shade.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-11 16:58:50
Link | Citer | R

That's not my experience:

If defense down is removed, it's got nothing. If it's not, I take like 500~ damage. So maybe with that and SC it'd peak at 1500~ properly geared (I'm using Epeo in a hybrid set in my fights, 69% total PDT)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-11 18:46:26
Link | Citer | R

Just have to say the obvious, y'all some shiesty *** with the gold coins lol. Just dirty.

Before the update even hit, the second it was announced I already saw bots farming them.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-11 18:57:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

If defense down is removed, it's got nothing. If it's not, I take like 500~ damage. So maybe with that and SC it'd peak at 1500~ properly geared (I'm using Epeo in a hybrid set in my fights, 69% total PDT)

Rune fencer in defense set not the same as ninja or dps getting hit in melee set. Tank can survive it fairly easily. DPS will get dropped quick if unlucky
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-11 19:01:33
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Rune fencer in defense set not the same as ninja or dps getting hit in melee set. Tank can survive it fairly easily. DPS will get dropped quick if unlucky

So bring a tank and let it tank, not a difficult concept right there.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-11 19:07:16
Link | Citer | R

Uh.... It has a single target hate reset move it uses on the.... (Tank). I'm just stating a mechanic dps needs to look out for, tank maybe not as much. not sure why you're acting so pretentious.
[+]
 Asura.Sykopata
user: Freazer
By Asura.Sykopata 2019-03-11 19:25:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Just have to say the obvious, y'all some shiesty *** with the gold coins lol. Just dirty.

Before the update even hit, the second it was announced I already saw bots farming them.
nothing new lol /welcome to ffxi.
[+]
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-03-11 22:50:11
Link | Citer | R

Is anyone encountering tank eating like random 90k+ everyone's revenge? Seemed to happen at around 30% and everyone in group swore they were resetting hate with us. Everyone else in pt aoe was extremely low.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-03-11 22:52:44
Link | Citer | R

prob had def down
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-03-11 22:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
prob had def down
is rancor even a physical move?
By huttburt<3 2019-03-11 23:03:55
Link | Citer | R

Such an honorable post.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-11 23:16:48
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Dade said: »
Is anyone encountering tank eating like random 90k+ everyone's revenge? Seemed to happen at around 30% and everyone in group swore they were resetting hate with us. Everyone else in pt aoe was extremely low.

Everyone's revenge is purely hate, so the tank was lying to you, lol.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-12 00:02:27
Link | Citer | R

v1vd Whm - War - Sam - Brd - Run - Geo (fury/frailty on adds, barrier/frailty on boss) dd's hybrid/dt sets. hate wipe every run. 5min fights. not a bad month

Smn >> Proc both thf's >> nin >> thf's >> blm >> boss

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Isszo 2019-03-12 03:37:45
Link | Citer | R

Early test runs with SMN/SMN/COR/COR/PLD/GEO.
YouTube Video Placeholder
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-03-12 03:59:17
Link | Citer | R

Our ls tank took a 99k yesterday, and we were resetting hate after each fight. The tonberry used the same move 1 minute later and he took 100 damage the 2nd time, so it must be some sort of glitch.
[+]
 Asura.Xathe
user: aukmoo
By Asura.Xathe 2019-03-12 06:45:56
Link | Citer | R

Everyone's revenge is purely hate, so the tank was lying to you, lol.

Nope. Had it hit for 99k damage and 400 damage in the exact same run. I'd provide screenshots but I only managed to get one of the 400 damage.
 Cerberus.Devlin
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Devlin 2019-03-12 06:52:24
Link | Citer | R

I was the tank Dade is talking about. I can promise you I was resetting hate with everyone. It either has to be a glitch or something random.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-12 07:32:02
Link | Citer | R

That's interesting then. I haven't seen it, yet. As long as the move only happens when only the monarch is alive, not a huge issue, but it'll be dumb if it's just a "*** you" move with no way to counter it. Usually there is a way to counter it, though...
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-12 07:38:04
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone attempted this with BRD and SMN using Earthen Armor and Sentinel's Scherzo, and simply not bothering with DT?

It may make the white damage a little more annoying, but that's better than risking dying? idk...
By kishr 2019-03-12 07:43:45
Link | Citer | R

Isszo said: »
Early test runs with SMN/SMN/COR/COR/PLD/GEO.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Oh jeezzz, here comes the smn train

<<guilty of it too....

Grats but why 2 cor, and not a 3rd smn?

So basically 3smn cor geo tank?

Unity warp for KI? (den of rancor?
By eliroo 2019-03-12 07:50:53
Link | Citer | R

The hate threshold has to be pretty low. We got KI and then reset. Didn't call for help on the mobs and when we got to the boss our RUN randomly got hit for max damage. We reset as a party and one other person took high damage but only the tank took capped damage and most of the party survived.

If its tied to tonberry hate then its bugged out a bit.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-12 08:05:26
Link | Citer | R

But I think you're missing the point of the above question... unless you were the tank yourself, do you not think it was possible the tank was either being dishonest, or simply mistaken?
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-03-12 08:08:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Byrne said: »
But I think you're missing the point of the above question... unless you were the tank yourself, do you not think it was possible the tank was either being dishonest, or simply mistaken?

As I said previously the same thing happened in our ls run,
our tank was resetting each fight with us, first rancor he took 99k damage, 30 sec later second rancor he took 100 damage
By eliroo 2019-03-12 08:10:10
Link | Citer | R

I've played video games with this tank for 4-5 years and was with him when he was talking to the hate reset NPC. So yeah, its not possible he was lying at all. He would easily admit a silly mistake.
 Cerberus.Devlin
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Devlin 2019-03-12 08:13:32
Link | Citer | R

We were cfh all the mobs in the fight. Resetting after farming KI.. apparently my 250 gil was wasted resetting hate D: NERF RANCOR!
By kishr 2019-03-12 08:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Smart cfh each ton is solid and wise.
Guess some people didn't play during 2006 era
First Page 2 3 4