Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Powerful DD ultimate weapons
Powerful DD ultimate weapons
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By SimonSes 2019-03-04 11:07:55
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I'm calculating warrior right now...*run warrior.exe*...beep beep...

It says that Great Axe is better than regular axe.

Looking at your avatar i can say you are biased toward big things, so i dont believe your calculations!
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-03-04 11:26:20
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Looking at your avatar i can say you are biased toward big things, so i dont believe your calculations!

i thought this whole discussion is all about the bigger numbers? i think in this case his bias plays towards the goal!

Eiryl said:
Obviously! It says it's great in the name.

duh.
By SimonSes 2019-03-04 11:34:02
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
i thought this whole discussion is all about the bigger numbers? i think in this case his bias plays towards the goal!

Pretty sure he would react more to visual than practical aspect of this comparission, so bigger axe would be more important than bigger number :P
By Shichishito 2019-03-04 11:43:30
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »

Pretty sure he would react more to visual than practical aspect of this comparission, so bigger axe would be more important than bigger number :P

iono, lets put him to the test.
what would you prefer fonewear:
a K or a C if the C produces more milk?
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-03-04 11:47:53
Link | Citer | R

Brings a new meaning to 2-handed DD
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
Serveur: Asura
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-03-04 13:17:36
Link | Citer | R

All this debate over weapons, gear, jobs...

Let's be realistic, having the best lua is equally, if not more, important. That might ruffle some feathers but unfortunately, it's the truth. Your time and effort outside of the game are just as important as in the game. A lua that handles all your haste tiers, optimized DPS within each one, including toggles for multiple tiers of Acc, Dmg Taken, CastingModes, key cycles, WS min/max, WS Acc sets, JA gear forces, resist modes, pre cast, mid cast, yada yada yada. Do you have different WS sets for when you can force a crit? or when TP is > X? Hell, Dnc forum is currently discussing a 'White Damage' gear set, for when you get amnesia, that maximizes non-WS DPS.

In relation to the OP's actual question, the comparison would actually be somewhat straight forward.

Pick a DPS Mob, Pre-define a set party build and/or buffs, and challenge each job forum to find the highest DPS possible within that foundation.

Problem is, you can't properly calculate time to build Aftermath, reapply, Skillchain dmg, job ability limitations, etc. So it wouldn't be completely fair. You could potentially limit all JA's, and just isolate Autos & WS, but that won't be accurate either. It also wouldn't account for Hybrid Jobs with alternate benefits, like Haste Samba, Steps, Might Guard, WarCry, etc that benefit the DPS of the entire party, but can't be measured in a single spreadsheet. Do you account for Blu Magic, is MP infinite, are you targeting a single mob, or are we talking Cleaving, the list goes on.

Your best bet, is to check each forum for the best DPS possible on Apex Bats. That's something most will have readily available, with optimized sets listed already, and can at least get you a baseline comparison, although again, still not completely accurate.

To get the ball rolling, from the Dnc update in Janaury these were the updated DPS reports: Twashtar/Centovente : 6727.830 and with Climactic, this shoots up to just under 17,000.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-04 13:46:45
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
I tweaked sets and experimented with both Kaja Axe and Kaja Polearm, was really interested in the Polearm due to it's surprisingly high numbers. Turns out the natural amounts of MA I get ended up procing extra hits that when combined with the +40% damage buff brought it's numbers above that of Stardiver, but that's a different subject.
Kinda interested in this since Stardiver also favors MA-builds and Impulse drive has a better fTP scaling with TP - which DRG overflows with easily. What were you number likes and how does it compare with Trishula Stardivers? Just want a ballpark, no need to go into the "***'s situational" convo. Thanks!

This was with WAR not DRG so no Trish, I posted my info over on the DRG forums since I was curious if there might be an attack bonus or something similar. Impulse Drive has really high fTP scaling of 1.0/3.0/5.5 along with a second hit, that second hit was important because it was rolling a second MA roll and procing DA's of my naturally high DA rate. Those extra hits all got the 40% damage bonus from the Kaja Lance along with it being a 100% STR weapon. DRG main with Trish should be much better, this is an option for non-Trish users.
By SimonSes 2019-03-04 13:53:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cambion said: »

That's the problem. I haven't seen WAR DPS for ANY build on any target for a long time. I havent seen updated sheet too.
By Afania 2019-03-04 15:07:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cambion said: »

That's the problem. I haven't seen WAR DPS for ANY build on any target for a long time. I havent seen updated sheet too.

/summons Austar for WAR sim
 Leviathan.Katriina
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-04 16:22:00
Link | Citer | R

Kaja Sword on DRG Wave 2-3 is also OP.... 50-55k Savage Blade at 1750 TP±
By Spaitin 2019-03-04 16:50:10
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Katriina said: »

that is pretty hilarious. do you have a set that the DRG would be using?
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-03-04 16:53:59
Link | Citer | R

Sonic Thrust set from this guide.
By fonewear 2019-03-04 16:56:50
Link | Citer | R

I thought Penta Thrust was the best DRG ws ?
By Spaitin 2019-03-04 17:00:59
Link | Citer | R

lol. I assume only a few differences like JSE neck. Maybe ill start playing drg now.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-03-04 17:01:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-03-04 17:05:16
Link | Citer | R

Spaitin said: »
lol. I assume only a few differences like JSE neck. Maybe ill start playing drg now.
Yeah, JSE neck is definitely better.
By Spaitin 2019-03-04 17:08:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
is isnt like savage blade was hitting for 22k before. Just grab a a good set and a demerseal degen +1 and scratch your head at 35-40k savage blades in high buff on war.
By Spaitin 2019-03-04 17:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur said: »
Spaitin said: »
Yeah, JSE neck is definitely better.
looking at it, you would get solid numbers out of the SU2 sword as well. But deff kaja sword is best.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-03-04 17:18:16
Link | Citer | R

DRG doesn't have native Savage Blade access.
By Spaitin 2019-03-04 17:25:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur said: »
DRG doesn't have native Savage Blade access.
i take that back then.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-04 17:27:16
Link | Citer | R

I noticed I was using the wrong macro for SB, since it was this:

ItemSet 365425
Back was with 10DA
Valo Body was 15STR 4WSD

I got 50-55k on this one ....
The perks of using /equipsets sometimes back slot doesn't switch.
By Spaitin 2019-03-04 17:38:44
Link | Citer | R

I noticed I was using the wrong macro for SB, since it was this:

ItemSet 365425
Back was with 10DA
Valo Body was 15STR 4WSD

I got 50-55k on this one ....
The perks of using /equipsets sometimes back slot doesn't switch.

that is pretty awesome. wonder how drk is doing with the kaja/blurredshield+1
By SimonSes 2019-03-04 18:04:06
Link | Citer | R

DRG should be far behind WAR on Savage Blade. Less att, DA, WSD so idk how suddenly it would do 50-55k on DRG unless it was wave 2 with bonus damage and a lot of lucky TA. Is that an avg or spikes?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-04 18:07:00
Link | Citer | R

It’s AvG, just finished the run..
By SimonSes 2019-03-04 18:08:45
Link | Citer | R

It has no sense from mathematical point of view then, unless damage dropped to something normal on wave 3. It was dual wielding or just single hand without even shield?
By Afania 2019-03-04 18:10:55
Link | Citer | R

DRG should be far behind WAR on Savage Blade. Less att, DA, WSD so idk how suddenly it would do 50-55k on DRG unless it was wave 2 with bonus damage and a lot of lucky TA. Is that an avg or spikes?

Sandy mob takes additional physical damage if green is pulled.

Also ws at 1750 tp is not the same as ws at 1000.
By SimonSes 2019-03-04 18:35:44
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

Sandy mob takes additional physical damage if green is pulled.

Also ws at 1750 tp is not the same as ws at 1000.

I know that Afania and my comment was with that in mind. That's why I told about wave 2 with bonus damage. According to bg, Jeuno mobs takes 50% more damage when blue is pulled and Sandoria is 25% more damage when green is pulled.

But Katriina was saying about wave 3 too and her set was far from optimal. It only had 41% WSD. It must have been something with Dynamis, because look at Ejin's COR mule in his video. He is doing SB for 39-45k avg, but it's in Escha zone, probably with +58% WSD and TP bonus gun so 2250TP+ which should easily beat 0.3 pDIF advantage of DRG.

EDIT: I checked calcualtions for that set that Katriina posted. 33-35k avg at 2000TP, depends if there is offhand equipped or not.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-04 19:13:59
Link | Citer | R

It's katriina so you have to add an "i'm full of ***" margin of error

Actually, from the dragoon thread, this is appropriate.
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Everyone needs an epeen set though.

1.) Get max buffs with multiple one hours from buffers.
2.) WS in high variable gear until you get your highest number.
3.) Screenshot it and chop off your buffs and party members, displaying primarily the log and maybe your char doing the WS.
4.) Claim that's your average WS on that NM, and say you're not even sure you got proper buffs. And that you think there were several WSes that were much higher than that, and that if others don't get those numbers you don't know what they could be doing wrong - because such and such is easy.
5.) Profit
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-05 00:24:28
Link | Citer | R

Back to you Simon,
If it helps, this was in Sandy and as Afania mentioned they do take 25% Extra Physical DMG.
My set was missing 15% WSD alone, based off that, and including DMG bonus, I still got an AVG of 50-55k.

Was sub SAM too, and Im only sharing what happened same as everyone else.
Since its two hits, its possible that MA procs happened more often than not.
By SimonSes 2019-03-05 00:37:55
Link | Citer | R

Even with +25% your SB should do around 40k avg at 2000TP. I think you actually had full wsd gear for those SB and probably also boost-str otherwise i dont see this happening.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8