First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 97 98 99
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-09-01 05:59:46
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
I mean blm has a few other uses this was dynamis wave 2 lol

Just a shame that its subjob-dependent whether a staff mage like BLM can even use Cataclysm.
[+]
Serveur: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2022-09-01 15:04:11
Link | Citer | R

Arma AM3 crit build, what would you change and why? (JSE earring goes in 2)

ItemSet 386583
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-09-08 21:07:51
Link | Citer | R

btw just made empy +2 hands, getting TH5 for first bounty everytime regardless of TH gear unless I am in escha zone.

in escha zone if I have TH4 gear as well I will see a miss message most of the time and with additional bounties to find out it was TH5 and sometimes get TH6 message on first go.
By Vaerix 2022-09-08 21:56:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »

ItemSet 386583

I would keep nisroch body for the crit rate over the 7% pdl, if you want to keep an empy proc possible could swap in gloves, I also prefer Oshosi hq feet for the same reason for AM3. I do my best to get as high crit rate as I can so that almost every am3 proc is a crit as well for the stacking multipliers.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-09-09 03:53:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »

ItemSet 386583

RNG white damage calc

This set isnt bad, but unless you are in True shot range Kachina is big improvement. Of course a lot would need to be changed for Double Shot.

Vaerix said: »
I would keep nisroch body for the crit rate over the 7% pdl

It's break even at attack cap and outside of True Shot range.

Vaerix said: »
I also prefer Oshosi hq feet for the same reason for AM3

If he goes for PDL, 79ratt more on Arcadian might beat 2% more crit rate on Oshosi.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-09-09 06:57:31
Link | Citer | R

This set adds significantly more r.atk than usual sets which helps if you want to use your RNG without lots of buffers. If anything, it makes me realize I should try to roll some really good Herc Hands.
 Phoenix.Brabion
user: Lukdoun
By Phoenix.Brabion 2022-09-30 22:48:58
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have an order for upgrading the Amini armor to +2?
By SimonSes 2022-10-01 03:02:52
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Brabion said: »

Its would slightly depends on what you have and what you want to do on RNG, but I guess legs>body>hands>feet>head
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-10-02 00:56:37
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Phoenix.Brabion said: »

Its would slightly depends on what you have and what you want to do on RNG, but I guess legs>body>hands>feet>head

I think Simon's list is pretty reasonable, except that if you don't have augmented Nyame B feet (or a REALLY strong DM-augment on Herculean Boots), Amini +2 feet will go way up in priority as your best non-Nyame Last Stand piece, and likely Trueflight/Wildfire too. IMO, probably #1 priority if that's your situation.

Other than that:

Legs are a great ranged TP piece (non-Double Shot), and even better for crit/Empy AM3 builds. A must get.

Hands are great for marksmanship ranged TP sets (non-Double Shot), and even better if you're using a bow (might be a higher priority if you really care about bow TP sets). As a bonus, they even give you more Bounty Shot. Another must get.

Body is more of a good thing for preshot builds, but arguably could wait a bit if you wanted to prioritize improvements in TP/WS pieces over slightly better preshot delay. A must get too... eventually.

Head is probably the most skippable piece. Maaaaaaybe +3 will be worth using in some sort of no Flurry preshot builds (but maybe not, if you can cap and use AF+3's Rapid Shot instead)? IMO, safe to say this is clearly last priority though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-02 01:18:38
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Amini +2 feet will go way up in priority as your best non-Nyame Last Stand piece, and likely Trueflight/Wildfire too.

How close are Amini +2 vs Nyame B R25? I see a difference of 2 WSD -5 AGI on Nyame, but higher attack on empy+2, should be pretty close.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-10-02 01:23:39
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Amini +2 feet will go way up in priority as your best non-Nyame Last Stand piece, and likely Trueflight/Wildfire too.

How close are Amini +2 vs Nyame B R25? I see a difference of 2 WSD -5 AGI on Nyame, but higher attack on empy+2, should be pretty close.

Agreed that seems like it should be fairly close. But in that close of a situation, I'd err on the side of Nyame if only for the SC Bonus+5 and DT-7%.

And obviously, for people without Nyame R20+, that makes Amini feet a heck of a lot more compelling. Plus, once the +3 upgrade arrives in mere weeks, it seems like Amini+3 will be the end-all ranged WS option.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-02 01:32:53
Link | Citer | R

Head is probably the most skippable piece. Maaaaaaybe +3 will be worth using in some sort of no Flurry preshot builds (but maybe not, if you can cap and use AF+3's Rapid Shot instead)? IMO, safe to say this is clearly last priority though.

I actually think it's a really good defensive piece, personally. Lowered Double shot enmity might help for a fight like Arebati, allowing the BRD to get hate on add a little easier. Comes with DT-10% for when Raaz is smacking you around. The Subtle Blow is pretty sweet, as it pairs well with R25 Ikenga gloves or Oshosi Gloves +1 (which is also a Double Shot swap piece). Basically can cap Subtle Blow in 2 pieces with WHM Auspice. A neat Subtle Blow addition that doesn't take away too much from DPS.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-10-02 02:29:21
Link | Citer | R

We mentioned this before, but nobody seemed to have an answer: does the Double Shot enmity- on Amini Gapette exceed the normal Enm-50 cap? It IS a weird one to see Enm-56 on the head... which I suppose could just mean you can get away with Enm+6 on other gear and still be at max enmity down, but it's so unusual to see.

Anyway, maaaaaybe head has some use for niche cases like you mentioned. I'm somewhat struggling to justify it though.

1) For your Double Shot/Enmity/DT example...

- Personally, I wouldn't really want to give up the Double Shot rate+dmg from Oshosi +1, and would probably prefer to use other slots for Enm- (if you're not already using Annihilator, which is a significant possibility for fights where enmity control is key). For example, you're already going to want Oshosi +1 feet (Enm-15) and Arcadian Jerkin +3 (Enm-8) in your Double Shot sets. Could slap on Ikenga hands (Enm-8) and legs (Enm-9) to get you to Enm-40 total. Then earrings like Beyla (Enm-8) and/or Amini (Enm-7~9) can cap (or just one or the other to nearly cap). And you don't have to give up the significant Double Shot benefits of Oshosi head.

- As for the DT- component, I suppose you could shoot in Double Shot & DT- gear, but IDK... I think if a Raaz is beating on me I'm fine just staying in a max DT- set until it stops hitting me instead of worrying about shooting through it. I don't idle in my midshot sets anyhow, so that's really just for cases where suddenly a mob hits you while you're in the brief act of shooting. Which is possible, but again, pretty niche (and not nearly as much of a benefit as melee DDs with DT on their TP sets that they're actually staying in for longer than the time to fire off a shot).

2) Seems like the most reasonable use case for Amini head is more for the Subtle Blow, like you called out. RNG has some other nice options (Oshosi or Ikenga augmented hands, Beyla Earring, Sherida, good ol' Rajas), but the combo of Enm-/SB with good Racc/Ratk does seem pretty appealing for some situations. Keep in mind that WHMs upgrading their Empy feet means less and less SB that you need (Auspice gives SB+25 with Ebers+1 feet, SB+27 with Ebers+2 feet, and presumably will get another 2-3 points with Ebers+3)

So yeah, Amini+2/+3 head may indeed have some niche use cases. I'd still put it clearly at 5th place for the set though, the other pieces are just useful for so many more situations. You've got two great ranged TP pieces, a uniquely BiS preshot piece, and a very strong WS piece - those certainly all take priority to me over something to maybe use in an esoteric SB/enm-/DT build.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-02 13:45:31
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I wouldn't really want to give up the Double Shot rate+dmg from Oshosi +1

My point was from a defensive perspective, not offensive one. Different purposes. The stats seem to compliment the application of a shooting piece with more defensive-oriented stats, so comparing it to an offensive shooting piece is kind of moot. Use damage+ pieces when prioritizing damage. Use passive options for minimizing hate/damage taken etc.

Offensive comparison would be Relic+3 head in DS sets. That extra 50 TP/shot is significant, and I think it's better than Oshosi +1 for that purpose, but I digress.

We mentioned this before, but nobody seemed to have an answer: does the Double Shot enmity- on Amini Gapette exceed the normal Enm-50 cap? It IS a weird one to see Enm-56 on the head... which I suppose could just mean you can get away with Enm+6 on other gear and still be at max enmity down, but it's so unusual to see.

Is the DS enmity - 56 upon activation, or needs to be worn? Not sure if it was every tested.
By SimonSes 2022-10-02 16:32:57
Link | Citer | R

Offensive comparison would be Relic+3 head in DS sets. That extra 50 TP/shot is significant, and I think it's better than Oshosi +1 for that purpose, but I digress.

Depends. With Armageddon AM3 for sure not. With Fomal spamming Last Stand? Maybe
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-10-02 16:44:20
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Depends. With Armageddon AM3 for sure not. With Fomal spamming Last Stand? Maybe

Bingo. What is the endgame when you use Double Shot? The massive increase in TP phase damage when using Armageddon/Gandiva/Annihilator? Faster Weapon Skills paired with TP overflow for said WS's? Because slight alterations in the set can completely change what Doubleshot excels at, versus using the wrong set for your goal and just being disappointed with the outcome- example: those who would use the same DS set with Foma as they would once building an Arma, only to "be disappointed with Arma's numbers".
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-10-02 18:22:18
Link | Citer | R

My point was from a defensive perspective, not offensive one. Different purposes.

If you can get the same capped DT- or Enm- with other overall sets that are better offensively (and head is just a really high value slot for Double Shot offense, whether using Arcadian or Oshosi), why wouldn't you do it?

I think you can do a better Enm- capped set for sure (especially considering that Amini+2 head's Enm- is only for Double Shot up). And I honestly don't really care that much about DT- in a midshot set that I'm only in for a brief moment when I shoot. I'll happily take the DT if it's on gear that I'm using for other purposes, but I don't go out of my way to gear my RNG for DT- in midshot sets (and even if I did, I'd prefer to go with Malignance in that case).

A niche Subtle blow/Enm- set as a possible use maybe makes more sense to me for Amini+2 head.

And, going back to the context of the original question of how to prioritize Empy+2 upgrades, it seems rather obvious that an ultra-niche defensive option (especially when Malignance/Nyame exist) or SB piece is going to be lower priority for almost any RNG when comparing to the other pieces in the set that are BiS ranged TP, WS, and preshot pieces. Just doesn't seem reasonable to put head any higher than 5th place out of 5, even if you DO find some quirky uses for it. I'm not even saying NEVER MAKE IT, just that it's probably the last one to make.
[+]
Serveur: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2022-10-07 16:09:07
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the feedback on the Arma AM3 build Simon/Vaerix.
[+]
 Odin.Tasukaru
Serveur: Odin
user: Jikoshy
By Odin.Tasukaru 2022-10-12 06:57:09
Link | Citer | R

Probably a dumb question, but I just got a Crep. Ring. I dont have a Regal atm, so is it worth using or is there better for said slot?

Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-10-12 08:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Tasukaru said: »
Probably a dumb question, but I just got a Crep. Ring. I dont have a Regal atm, so is it worth using or is there better for said slot?

Crepuscular Ring uses:

1. Preshot (only ring with Snapshot outside of Adoulin reward ring)
2. No-Aftermath Midshot sets (super high racc and STP)

The situations where you'd use Regal really don't line up with when you'd use Crepuscular.
[+]
 Odin.Tasukaru
Serveur: Odin
user: Jikoshy
By Odin.Tasukaru 2022-10-12 15:31:38
Link | Citer | R

Thank you, I appreciate the help!
By drakefs 2022-10-18 02:45:16
Link | Citer | R

I am trying put together precast and midcast focused TP gain sets.

Assuming Flurry II

For precast:
ItemSet 387634

For midcast:
ItemSet 387633

I am not a RNG so I may be missing some augmented gear. Anyone have any suggestions or just better sets for TP gains?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-10-18 06:17:00
Link | Citer | R

drakefs said: »
I am trying put together precast and midcast focused TP gain sets.

Assuming Flurry II

For precast:
ItemSet 387634

For midcast:
ItemSet 387633

I am not a RNG so I may be missing some augmented gear. Anyone have any suggestions or just better sets for TP gains?

The sets are solid, but a few things to consider:

If using Fomalhaut or Annihilator, and often even Armageddon, your best dmg mainhand weapon is a Perun+1 (R15). This already has 5 snapshot on it. Add to this the JSE neck has 3 or 4 snapshot (debating if you get +1 or +2), but let's say you went cheap and got +1 neck for 3 snap. In those moments, you can drop the Carmine+1 hands (as you'll hit 30 snap with Perun+1(5), JSE Neck+1(3), Crepuscular Ring(3), Ambu Cape(10), and Adhemar Legs+1 (10)- and can replace them with Mrigavyadha Gloves for 15 rapid shot. Its a very minor boost, and with the nature of Rapid Shot, one that won't even appear every shot, but it technically is a smidge more. (If using Gastraphetes, the numbers get even looser, as that has +10snap on it naturally)

In your midshot set, the only offhand I see where more STP is possible is swapping the Ilabrat Ring for Chirich+1 (6STP vs 5 on your current choices)...but these days, in particular if you're getting a Samurai's Roll from a +7/+8 COR, the practical differences between the "max STP" builds and ones that might be 5-10STP less but sport more Ranged Attack or other shooting stats (+crit rate, -enmity, +True Shot for examples) are essentially nonexistent....at least in terms of TP gain. Your "xShot" build won't really change, but the damage per shot will drop.

tl;dr- we got a LOT of set options these days for midshot sets and unlike when Malignance was first released, we don't have to choose between High STP builds or high Ratk builds- often we can mix the two and not feel like we're losing really anything.
[+]
By drakefs 2022-10-18 06:43:57
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

The sets are solid, but a few things to consider:

If using Fomalhaut or Annihilator, and often even Armageddon, your best dmg mainhand weapon is a Perun+1 (R15). This already has 5 snapshot on it. Add to this the JSE neck has 3 or 4 snapshot (debating if you get +1 or +2), but let's say you went cheap and got +1 neck for 3 snap. In those moments, you can drop the Carmine+1 hands (as you'll hit 30 snap with Perun+1(5), JSE Neck+1(3), Crepuscular Ring(3), Ambu Cape(10), and Adhemar Legs+1 (10)- and can replace them with Mrigavyadha Gloves for 15 rapid shot. Its a very minor boost, and with the nature of Rapid Shot, one that won't even appear every shot, but it technically is a smidge more. (If using Gastraphetes, the numbers get even looser, as that has +10snap on it naturally)

In your midshot set, the only offhand I see where more STP is possible is swapping the Ilabrat Ring for Chirich+1 (6STP vs 5 on your current choices)...but these days, in particular if you're getting a Samurai's Roll from a +7/+8 COR, the practical differences between the "max STP" builds and ones that might be 5-10STP less but sport more Ranged Attack or other shooting stats (+crit rate, -enmity, +True Shot for examples) are essentially nonexistent....at least in terms of TP gain. Your "xShot" build won't really change, but the damage per shot will drop.

tl;dr- we got a LOT of set options these days for midshot sets and unlike when Malignance was first released, we don't have to choose between High STP builds or high Ratk builds- often we can mix the two and not feel like we're losing really anything.

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. A bit more background info. This set is for an attempt at Odyssey E Boss (Trueflight). The weapons will be 2x Malevolence with the Fomalhaut. Physical damage will be negligible so I am focusing on sTP over everything else. Likely group for the attempt will be RDM(tank), RNG, COR, GEO, WHM, BRD. Plan is to to buff MAB and sTP then use Last Stand > Trueflight for most of the damage. Full Malignance will not be possible so I plan on substituting Ikengan's for the missing pieces (I wanted to make sure my goal was the best option and work backwards form it).
By SimonSes 2022-10-18 07:00:24
Link | Citer | R

Do we know if magic and physical WS have separate WS wall (or maybe melee and ranged WSs)? Otherwise your Trueflight might do like 10% of normal damage if you trigger the wall with Last Stand.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-10-18 10:49:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
With Perun +1, this would give slightly more rapid shot than that.
Code
Top valid set:
{'Name': 'Orion Beret +3', 'Slot': 'Head', 'Snapshot': 0, 'RapidShot': 18}
{'Name': 'Amini Caban +3', 'Slot': 'Body', 'Snapshot': 0, 'RapidShot': 0}
{'Name': 'Carmine Fin. Ga. +1', 'Slot': 'Hands', 'Snapshot': 8, 'RapidShot': 11}
{'Name': "Pursuer's Pants", 'Slot': 'Legs', 'Snapshot': 0, 'RapidShot': 19}
{'Name': 'Arcadian Socks +3', 'Slot': 'Feet', 'Snapshot': 0, 'RapidShot': 10}
{'Name': "Scout's Gorget +2", 'Slot': 'Neck', 'Snapshot': 4, 'RapidShot': 0}
{'Name': 'Yemaya Belt', 'Slot': 'Waist', 'Snapshot': 0, 'RapidShot': 5}
{'Name': 'Crepuscular Ring', 'Slot': 'Finger', 'Snapshot': 3, 'RapidShot': 0}
{'Name': 'Ambuscade Cape', 'Slot': 'Back', 'Snapshot': 10, 'RapidShot': 0}

Stat sum:

I can run for any required Snapshot value for RNG since they have Perun and Gastraphetes as options if you want to check any sets.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-10-18 10:54:15
Link | Citer | R

hot damn, I never even bothered to re-examine the Pursuer's Pants....friggin nice catch.
By fillerbunny9 2022-10-18 23:42:38
Link | Citer | R

if you are trying to maximize TP gain, my gut tells me Relic +3's Recycle procs outweigh Malignance Chapeau's sTP.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-10-19 09:46:23
Link | Citer | R

Pursuer's are definitely great and so are recycle procs on the head.

I don't think either are needed and the next available piece is probably going to get the job done, but both are what I would go for if you're going for BEST. If you're not interest in RNG outside of this boss, then it probably won't matter.
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2022-10-21 06:34:59
Link | Citer | R

Starting to play RNG and COR a bit more these days, gearing them up to, at least, and the sheer amount of weapon sets I am making in my (Selindrile) luas are getting obnoxious to cycle through. Is there a way to make two separate weapon sets with some simple edits?

I want to keep the weapon sets that are built in right now with F7, but remove the range weapons from them, and have range-only weapon sets that I can swap between with ctrl+F7 as well. This would pare it down from about 4 sets per weapon to 5ish base weapon sets and then just one for each ranged weapon on a separate function.
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 97 98 99