Odin.Demhar
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2022-08-25 12:42:33
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Odin.Demhar said: »
How far off is Ikenga hands R25 in this situation vs Amini hands +2? If we use Ikenga hands, do we still need the PDL from Sroda?

Ikenga are generally better, but this set was made specifically to include Amini set bonus and for that you need at least 2 pieces.
0.3% chance ; ;
This is gonna be a harsh test
By Tathamet 2022-08-27 12:05:28
Link | Citer | R

Looking for suggestions on the optimal weaponskill vs. blue eye packs in Dynamis D Bastok (weak to dark, ice, earth, and water based physical/magical weaponskills- strong against all else).

Suck it up and Savage?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-27 12:58:08
Link | Citer | R

Tathamet said: »
Looking for suggestions on the optimal weaponskill vs. blue eye packs in Dynamis D Bastok (weak to dark, ice, earth, and water based physical/magical weaponskills- strong against all else).

Suck it up and Savage?

Definitely go physical. If you want to TF the green ones then the best balance is going to be either Mainhand Naegling, ranged Fomalhaut using Savage Blade, or if you want to melee for TP gain faster you can melee with daggers using Last Stand on them and if properly buffed you'll perform quite well.

And its definitely something worth building for as you desire- LS's are always going to prefer pulling Blue Eyes in there over Green because we can adapt easier than CORs can and that lets them Leaden to their heart's delight.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-27 16:42:21
Link | Citer | R

Suck it up and Savage?

If only RNG could shoot Naegling from a bow...
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-08-27 18:57:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Suck it up and Savage?

If only RNG could shoot Naegling from a bow...

Ironically the best way to Naegling is with a bow...
By Nariont 2022-08-27 19:07:27
Link | Citer | R

So SE fixed archery then?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-27 19:11:15
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »

If by fixed you mean using it to support Savage Blade?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Trial_of_the_Magians_Archery

TP Bonus +1000 Bow with the WSD +20% arrow.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-08-27 19:28:14
Link | Citer | R

Yup, got them to use bows again, good work boys
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-08-27 19:49:16
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, best bow use for RNG I've found lol, I use yoichi on Sam for Ou tho, so archery has a use for other jobs.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-27 20:24:34
Link | Citer | R

Vaerix said: »
Yeah, best bow use for RNG I've found lol, I use yoichi on Sam for Ou tho, so archery has a use for other jobs.
now now now.....let's never forget Decoy Shotting the WHM with AM3 already up on Gandiva.....
By Vaerix 2022-08-28 02:22:13
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
now now now.....let's never forget Decoy Shotting the WHM with AM3 already up on Gandiva.....

I said best, not funnest rofl
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-28 14:23:07
Link | Citer | R

I said best, not funnest rofl

It's the same picture.
By ksoze 2022-08-30 01:41:56
Link | Citer | R

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Hangaku-no-Yumi

This one also?
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-08-30 01:50:25
Link | Citer | R

ksoze said: »

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Hangaku-no-Yumi

This one also?
No. TP bonuses on weapons are tied to that weapon being the main weapon in the ws unless it is an augment, so that bow only applies to archery ws's while the magian tp bonus does apply to savage as well.
[+]
By ksoze 2022-08-30 05:24:45
Link | Citer | R

Ah thanks for explaining jakey, never knew the connection with augments
 Bahamut.Immortalknightx
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Immortalknightx 2022-08-30 10:55:46
Link | Citer | R

ok, gonna bite the bullet for me and others who have not found info on this yet... how do you keep from losing that 20% was damage arrow and still use it every ws?
By SimonSes 2022-08-30 11:11:37
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Immortalknightx said: »
ok, gonna bite the bullet for me and others who have not found info on this yet... how do you keep from losing that 20% was damage arrow and still use it every ws?

You use it for non ranged WSs :)
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-08-30 11:11:58
Link | Citer | R

Only have it equipped for Savage blade? You could always have a different arrow in your tp set and have DI Arrow swap in with Savage set.

This would mean accidental ranged attacks, ranged weapon skills, and bounty shot would consume other arrow because DI Arrow is only equipped when using melee ws's.
 Bahamut.Immortalknightx
By Bahamut.Immortalknightx 2022-08-30 11:15:55
Link | Citer | R

oh i was hoping there was a way to use it like back in the combat caster days... stupid SE still making great arrows us rangers cant actually use
By SimonSes 2022-08-30 11:22:13
Link | Citer | R

oh i was hoping there was a way to use it like back in the combat caster days... stupid SE still making great arrows us rangers cant actually use

Considering Savage Blade RNG is one of the strongest melee DPS I wouldn't cry about it. You still have Hover shot and powerful ranged options too.

Fixing Archery =/= improve other options
 Bahamut.Immortalknightx
By Bahamut.Immortalknightx 2022-08-30 11:58:23
Link | Citer | R

SE needs to get its ***together, whats the point of being a ranger with a main was going to sword? Just my opinion
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-30 12:41:35
Link | Citer | R

I've shot mine 3 times so far. About a year ago I just started making sure I always had an extra 1k DI points on hand^^ Shadowbind/Bounty Shot are *** for that thing.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-08-30 13:17:25
Link | Citer | R

I've shot mine 3 times so far. About a year ago I just started making sure I always had an extra 1k DI points on hand^^ Shadowbind/Bounty Shot are *** for that thing.

Me with the Cor mtk Bullet - I wish they would just add something that would stop it from being shot from RA or Ws etc
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-08-30 14:14:59
Link | Citer | R

Never shot mine, I unequip in both idle and engaged sets this means gearswap would have to both fail to unequip and fail to equip the ammo it is supposed to. This also provides protection to running out of the ammo you were supposed to use because you will just have nothing equipped then. Only downside I've found is if I spam abilities too much sometimes it fails to equip but that messes up lots of things.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-30 17:19:24
Link | Citer | R

SE needs to get its ***together, whats the point of being a ranger with a main was going to sword? Just my opinion

FF beastiary is a direct rip from DnD monster manual. DnD Rangers murder things with swords very proficiently.

Arebati does RNG justice. Just need Ranged content if you want RNG to look fancy.
By Vaerix 2022-08-30 20:16:11
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »

FF beastiary is a direct rip from DnD monster manual. DnD Rangers murder things with swords very proficiently.

Arebati does RNG justice. Just need Ranged content if you want RNG to look fancy.

Very true, I built ranger (coming from Cor) just for Arebati. I thought my Cor was king ***, I was very wrong. RNG Still reigns Supreme.

Also in reference to ranger going to sword: I'd much rather a job that has a few niches, playstyles, or group comps to fit in than be another BLM which is a 1 trick pony and is pretty much the pariah of jobs for XI. BLM gets some fights in sheol Gaol but doesn't fit in many comps outside of that for most relevant content.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-08-30 20:22:58
Link | Citer | R

I mean blm has a few other uses this was dynamis wave 2 lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-30 20:48:26
Link | Citer | R

That is the level of foolishness that continues to make me play this game. Well done.
 Asura.Auxtaru
user: Auxtaru
By Asura.Auxtaru 2022-08-30 23:21:02
Link | Citer | R

function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)

if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' or (spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' and spell.skill == 'Archery') then
if player.equipment.ammo == "Hauksbok Arrow"
then cancel_spell()
add_to_chat(122, "Don't shoot the Precious!")
end
end

end

That code in your lua should protect your DI Arrow. Sometimes lag heavy zones (segs, dyna) will keep you in your WS set after the mob dies. This is a nice fail safe that has served me well.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-31 20:05:43
Link | Citer | R

The Empy RNG +2 is dat swapped for the BRD empy. I'm laughing a fair amount.
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 97 98 99